Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Got NFS: The Run for a whole LINCOLN ($5!)
Thanks, Tony, Amazon DVG & EA!
BTW - my download from EA ORIGIN of this is going at a devilish 6.66 MB per sec - WTH? :whistle2:X

EDIT:
Download is like a little under 16 GB.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same on Origin (15,839.05 MB to be exact :shock:), while the Amazon page says ~10GB. Are there patches that big, or DLC maybe? Why the huge disparity, I wonder?

Thank you, Tony!! Can't wait for fall deals to crush my income (and my self esteem, cuz i know I'll never play every game i own, and I KEEP GOING :wall: )

[quote name='twztid13']Yeah, same on Origin (15,839.05 MB to be exact :shock:), while the Amazon page says ~10GB. Are there patches that big, or DLC maybe? Why the huge disparity, I wonder?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I plugged the code into Origin directly and I'm DLing directly from Origin.

EDIT:
If I'm offered a Steam or Origin code - I'm just gonna redeem the code over from Origin. Much easier to do that; especially since Amazon Downloader FORCES games to DL directly to C Drive's Desktop, to be specific.
With Origin, I can set in my preferences where game DL's. Plus, it DL's and installs in ONE STEP w/ them. If you need to back-up your Origin game, just back-up the installed game folder as is.
Origin mainstreamed the DL'ing & back-up process so nicely.
I do miss the old days of Amazon DL Program, when Amazon's DL'er let ME dictate where the game download installer files DL to.

[quote name='twztid13']Sorry about butting in. i didn't see you were talking about a certain game, as the post was near the top of the last page. I was speaking generally. You're right about the games that are built for it, like Last Remnant, Dark Souls, Alice Madness Retrns, etc, but games like Battlefield 3 (and every FPS I've played on PC), Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, Saints Row 3, and games where you move the mouse to look around, they look great on my TV on consoles. I do see the better PC graphics, but if it's less than 60fps, it is not smooth (and I'm a graphics whore, so I probably pick things out more than most). I have my PC in my entertainment center hooked up to the same HDTV as my consoles, so I can compare very easily, and I sit back farther, unlike most who sit at a desk.

The console games normally run at 30fps, and the controller takes alot longer to do a wide swing of the environment (in addition to the lesser FOV that you mentioned), it just takes a LOT more for PC games to look better to me (I need to max them out like you mentioned). When I use a Razer mouse with 3500 dpi, it's insanely fast moving on-screen (though I step it back to between 1800 - 2100 dps depending on the game), and my 2gb gtx560's in SLI couldn't handle most games with everything maxed out (which is the reason I invested in PC gaming, as I had all the consoles, and could care less about k/m controls). My 680 makes me HAPPY, though, cuz it accomplishes what I thought PC gaming would be. I only speak out, cuz I went by the words of normal PC gamers that sit in front of a desk, and nothing that they say was true in my situation (like you being able to max out most games with a gtx560).

I agree about the game types to use a controller on, which is all the more reason to buy them on console. Unless there's a great deal, I try to keep Assassin's Creed, Forza, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Sports (I'm lying, I don't play sports games since EA monopolized the NFL) and games in the same genre of the games I listed, on the consoles I own. To each his own, I guess. If they looked alot better on PC, I'd have to switch, but ME3 looked so weird on PC. No controller support, and it seemed like it was bare (like they could have beefed it up quite considerably to make it use my PC to at least half it's potential).

I'll shut up now. Sorry for the rambling on. Thanks @MysterD for the heads up on KoA. I think that might be an RPG I'll get on PC just for the price :).[/QUOTE]
It really depends on what the game was built around, generally. Some games are just flat-out built around 30 FPS - often, this tends to be console games that get PC ports. When the framerate is unlocked, sometimes these games just (unfortunately) break - with their animations, tearing, and other icky graphical nonsense.

About FPS's - yeah, I usually like them anywhere from 30 FPS to 60 FPS. More than anything, I like them to be consistent & remain in the same framerate numbers, too. It's not good if a game is running at 60 FPS, then suddenly tanks to 35 FPS if too much is going on - b/c you will feel & notice the slow-down. Ummm...The Precursors (PC), anyone?

For FPS games, I usually use KB/mouse b/c I've been used to mouse/KB since DN3D days & Quake 1 days -- and the mouse is just ultra-precise for me. Games like ME3 - they play fine w/ the KB/mouse for me. Again, when it comes to shooters (FPS's and TPS's), I'm fine w/ KB/mouse - I prefer it, actually.

I could understand you buying games like Tekken and sports on the consoles - as the MP in those are probably more widely played there than on the PC. Plus, PC gamers often get lazy ports for sports here, unfortunately. Still - better than NOTHING. I really don't play online MP as much as I used to, these days and age.

For graphics on PC - yep, I crank 'em up. If my rig can handle it - usually, I aim for 1920x1080 maxed-out w/ in-game settings on my 23'' monitor while sitting directly in front of it and hugging it. After that, if it's fine over 30 FPS and consistent - I crank Nvidia Panel up. If it's still fine and there's any tweaks I can do to improve stuff - i.e. play w/ INI files like in some UE Engine games - if need be, I'll do it. Whatever it takes to make it look awesome - I'll do it.

My PC rig is an Intel i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-Bit.

NFS The Run is 30fps capped with VSync On, after the latest patch 30fps cap was removed but only when you disable VSync

The game suffers from the over-bright issue that plagued BF3 (Frostbite 2 Engine) and while EA/DICE fixed BF3, NFS The Run was not fixed.

needforspeedtherun20121.jpg

needforspeedtherun20121.jpg

Other than that, the game is very enjoyable and for $5, it is an awesome deal

[quote name='MysterD']Yup, I plugged the code into Origin directly and I'm DLing directly from Origin.

EDIT:
If I'm offered a Steam or Origin code - I'm just gonna redeem the code over from Origin. Much easier to do that; especially since Amazon Downloader FORCES games to DL directly to C Drive's Desktop, to be specific.
With Origin, I can set in my preferences where game DL's. Plus, it DL's and installs in ONE STEP w/ them. If you need to back-up your Origin game, just back-up the installed game folder as is.
Origin mainstreamed the DL'ing & back-up process so nicely.
I do miss the old days of Amazon DL Program, when Amazon's DL'er let ME dictate where the game download installer files DL to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this MysterD, as I am fairly new to digital video game downloads I always assumed that one day I am going to sit down and figure out how to download games at a different location (other than C: ) using Amazon downloader but now I know that it is not possible at the moment. I hope it gets fixed, can't imagine it being a difficult task to change the code a little bit to allow downloads at custom location.

[quote name='Zakart']Thanks for this MysterD, as I am fairly new to digital video game downloads I always assumed that one day I am going to sit down and figure out how to download games at a different location (other than C: ) using Amazon downloader but now I know that it is not possible at the moment. I hope it gets fixed, can't imagine it being a difficult task to change the code a little bit to allow downloads at custom location.[/QUOTE]

In the OLD days, you COULD let Amazon Downloader set in its PREFERENCES where YOU want to download the installer files. Nope, not anymore. It's fine if they want this for DEFAULT (for no0bs) - but they should FIX this and allow for us power-users to changes this to DL it where WE WANT, if WE want.

If you do have Amazon DL'er, if you want to get them off the C drive and Desktop - be prepared to COPY files elsewhere. This can be time-consuming - for BIG games.
I'm sure Max Payne 3: Non-Steam Versions for PC download from Amazon DVG at around 35 GB must be a ROYAL PAIN to deal w/, given this problem....
My major problem is - I keep mostly STEAM games on C Drive...and I have a TON of those on C drive. I'm filling up A LOT of my C drive already!

Just make sure when you use Origin, you set PREFERENCES of where you want it to DL and all of that stuff right BEFORE you actually start Downloading games from there.

Just wanna say that NFS: The Run is NOT a great game, but it is well worth $5.

Advance 10 places.... beat this racer on a 1 on 1... time trial... rinse, repeat and throw in a quicktime event now an then. Like I said, NOT great, but still strangely fun....

[quote name='MysterD']In the OLD days, you COULD let Amazon Downloader set in its PREFERENCES where YOU want to download the installer files. Nope, not anymore. It's fine if they want this for DEFAULT (for no0bs) - but they should FIX this and allow for us power-users to changes this to DL it where WE WANT, if WE want.

If you do have Amazon DL'er, if you want to get them off the C drive and Desktop - be prepared to COPY files elsewhere. This can be time-consuming - for BIG games.
I'm sure Max Payne 3: Non-Steam Versions for PC download from Amazon DVG at around 35 GB must be a ROYAL PAIN to deal w/, given this problem....
My major problem is - I keep mostly STEAM games on C Drive...and I have a TON of those on C drive. I'm filling up A LOT of my C drive already!

Just make sure when you use Origin, you set PREFERENCES of where you want it to DL and all of that stuff right BEFORE you actually start Downloading games from there.[/QUOTE]

I agree and therefore Origin it is for me, problem with my C drive is that it is just 500GB and I like to keep my games in other HDD with 3TB. Emptying enough space in C drive gets really painful for games as big as 15GB-10GB.

I already own Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box and only want Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Planning to get the Burning Hot Bundle ($8) so if anyone is interested in splitting the pack for Burnout Paradise ($4) via Paypal. PM me.

[quote name='shaggyc']I would guess no on prostreet, but yest on shift 2, as I don't see why they would have removed that for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I would guess yes on everything NFS:HP and up. I'm a bit surprised about Carbon (fun canyon racing at night). I actually own ProStreet from Origin, if that helps.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Any chance you can offer a KOA DLC bundle as a separate deal for those of us that already have the base game?

[quote name='Palinn']Hi Tony,

Any chance you can offer a KOA DLC bundle as a separate deal for those of us that already have the base game?[/QUOTE]
Tony already said there were no plans for this.

On the bright side, he said it will all be separate keys so buying the package for $12 means you're getting the DLC keys for 40% off the regular $9.99 price even if you never use or give away the vanilla KoA key. Or sell it for a few bucks to maximize your savings.

[quote name='Umair56']Definitely in for a copy of NFS the Run. I've been after it for a while and it looks like I'm collecting NFS games now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I even have ProStreet and bought that on the cheap, YEARS ago...never installed it, either.

EDIT:
I've been buying NFS games since Most Wanted (2005) on the PC.
I loved MW and Carbon.
I also got NFS: HP on the old PS1, somewhere...

Criterion's NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010) was pretty good, too.
Of course, Burnout: Paradise was AWESOME.

Vroom. The Run is installing =)

The Amalur DLC's have been $5 each without the base game, so while I still want them, there's no way I'm jumping into a bundle that makes them more than $10.

@Tony - Great NFS bundle. But I have to admit that when I saw the thread title, I was holding my breath for a deal on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I missed out back in the early days of this thread and then was teased by the Steam Summer Sale. Any chance that'll show up again?

[quote name='Mooby']I believe he said those deals wouldn't be until November.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it.

Yeah...NFS games have become steadily weak and overdone. Last one I bought was Underground 2 for the Cube. Only other one I'd buy would be Underground 3 :cool:

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']@Tony - Great NFS bundle. But I have to admit that when I saw the thread title, I was holding my breath for a deal on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I missed out back in the early days of this thread and then was teased by the Steam Summer Sale. Any chance that'll show up again?[/QUOTE]

GamersGate had TDU2 few days ago for $5.
I bought that from Amazon DVG a bit ago when it was like $4 or whatever - really good game, once you get past the {opening} learning curve...

[quote name='MC Kage']Appreciate it.

Yeah...NFS games have become steadily weak and overdone. Last one I bought was Underground 2 for the Cube. Only other one I'd buy would be Underground 3 :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with this, I mean I liked the most wanted one, but Underground 2 had me hooked for way long.
sig.jpg
I really do miss my old UG2 for my GC, until my GC broke. :c

[quote name='MysterD']GamersGate had TDU2 few days ago for $5.
I bought that from Amazon DVG a bit ago when it was like $4 or whatever - really good game, once you get past the {opening} learning curve...[/QUOTE]

Actually TDU2 was my first ever Amazon DVG purchase on September 21, 2011 for $3.99 :D

[quote name='r9800pro']Actually TDU2 was my first ever Amazon DVG purchase on September 21, 2011 for $3.99 :D[/QUOTE]

Woohooo! That was like, my second deal of the week :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Woohooo! That was like, my second deal of the week :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I do STILL play that TDU2, on and off...

Dec 23, 2010 - Mafia 2 ($12.50) was my earliest PC digital download from Amazon DVG.

I already own Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box and only want Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Planning to get the Burning Hot Bundle ($8) so if anyone is interested in splitting the pack for Burnout Paradise ($4) via Paypal. PM me.

[quote name='tjs09']So I'm guessing DA:U is the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition?[/QUOTE]

Yep.
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
That contains DA:O (base game) + Awakening expansion + ALL 9 DLC's

Yeah, there's gonna be DA-ME Bundle w/ DA:O Ultimate Edition + DA2 + ME1 + ME2 Bundle for $15, eventually.
We don't know when yet.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Did the 25% of code work for dishonored? I didn't use it as I wanted Borderlands or XCom. Did it work on dishonored though?[/QUOTE]

Dishonored is a Bethesda game. As yet amazon dvg does not sell Bethesda games.

[quote name='MysterD']Yep.
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
That contains DA:O (base game) + Awakening expansion + ALL 9 DLC's

Yeah, there's gonna be DA-ME Bundle w/ DA:O Ultimate Edition + DA2 + ME1 + ME2 Bundle for $15, eventually.
We don't know when yet.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how it'll work, since the Ultimate Edition on Origin doesn't include the Awakening expansion. They'll probably be separate keys..

[quote name='tjs09']I wonder how it'll work, since the Ultimate Edition on Origin doesn't include the Awakening expansion. They'll probably be separate keys..[/QUOTE]

REALLY???!!?

I have DAO:UE from Steam....and activated that key on Origin - and it has absolutely EVERYTHING.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Did the 25% of code work for dishonored? I didn't use it as I wanted Borderlands or XCom. Did it work on dishonored though?[/QUOTE]

25% off code died yesterday morning.
Tony said code would NOT work on XCOM: EU or BL2.

[quote name='r9800pro']Actually TDU2 was my first ever Amazon DVG purchase on September 21, 2011 for $3.99 :D[/QUOTE]

Nice price, been wanting to grab TDU2 again since I don't have my X360 copy anymore

I know this is random, but any chance of a deal on the Assassins Creed games coming up? I'm thinking maybe around the time the 3rd comes out? I've only played the first and I wasn't a big fan, but I've heard they all improved greatly on that one and the Revolutionary War really interests me so I'd like to play the 3rd. Thanks, and keep up the great deals Tony!

[quote name='MysterD']REALLY???!!?

I have DAO:UE from Steam....and activated that key on Origin - and it has absolutely EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this.

[quote name='Krekeris']
2v00i05.jpg

Thanks for NFS: The Run. Sadly my laptop cant run it. :([/QUOTE]

Amazon is the heroic caped crusader that swoops in and takes the kid to safety, then gives him some games for really cheap.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Huh?
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.208591800[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']I can confirm this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']REALLY???!!?

I have DAO:UE from Steam....and activated that key on Origin - and it has absolutely EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]

My bad, folks. I was thinking of the Digital Deluxe Edition, which doesn't include Awakenings. The fact the Ultimate Edition comes with Awakening makes it a Day 1 buy for me.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.149851500

Bought NFS Hot Pursuit for a friend and got an email from Amazon for $5 credit towards NFS MW (2012) pre-order. Problem is the promotion is tied to my account and not a code like the one for Hitman Absolution pre-order.
I hope that Amazon would always use promo "codes"

[quote name='r9800pro']Bought NFS Hot Pursuit for a friend and got an email from Amazon for $5 credit towards NFS MW (2012) pre-order. Problem is the promotion is tied to my account and not a code like the one for Hitman Absolution pre-order.
I hope that Amazon would always use promo "codes"[/QUOTE]

My $5 credit for NFS MW 2012 will probably go to waste, too - since it is NOT a promo code.
Also, I'd bet it's easier for Amazon to tie a credit to a specific account than say create a promo code.

[quote name='hailey']So why is the Dungeon Siege 3 demo on the top seller list? I 'bought' it too I just don't know why[/QUOTE]
Isn't it easier to just jump on Steam and download DS3 Demo? :whistle2:x
Amazon DVG should separate FREE DEMOS from say PAY ITEMS.

[quote name='inm8num2']Amazon is the heroic caped crusader that swoops in and takes the kid to safety, then gives him some games for really cheap.[/QUOTE]

No, that would be Origin with the coupon fiasco. (or perhaps a better comparison to Origin would be the bumbling villain like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers) :lol:

[quote name='ProeyJoey']Yeah, I agree with this, I mean I liked the most wanted one, but Underground 2 had me hooked for way long.
sig.jpg
I really do miss my old UG2 for my GC, until my GC broke. :c[/QUOTE]

They just kept being more of the same. & why the Jay pic lol. I remember Chingy's I Do playing over and over again in U2 lol. & your GC broke?? goddamn. that thing was invincible to me. Sold it during a garage sale for $40...regretting it. But the Wii can play GC games so it ain't too much of a loss. Mostly the memories

[quote name='MC Kage']They just kept being more of the same. & why the Jay pic lol. I remember Chingy's I Do playing over and over again in U2 lol. & your GC broke?? goddamn. that thing was invincible to me. Sold it during a garage sale for $40...regretting it. But the Wii can play GC games so it ain't too much of a loss. Mostly the memories[/QUOTE]

I somehow missed the NFS: UG games.
If only EA would re-released those....

I really, really, really wish this was the steam version of NFS Hot Pursuit.

Shift, Shift 2, Undercover and Hot Pursuit are all on Steam. The Run, sadly, is not.

I may have to install Origin.

[quote name='Scorch']I really, really, really wish this was the steam version of NFS Hot Pursuit.
Shift, Shift 2, Undercover and Hot Pursuit are all on Steam.[/quote]
You likely can take MOST of those Steam-Version keys of those games and activate those on Origin.

Do you really think EA would give out Steam keys of their games (outside of Steam)?

Remember - EA is pretty much are at war w/ Valve (Steam); over exclusive DLC disputes (see Dragon Age 2) and the fact that Valve has declined EA's Steam-buyout NUMEROUS times.

The Run, sadly, is not.

I may have to install Origin.
Most EA games since BF3 flat-out REQUIRE Origin.
BF3, ME3, Syndicate 2012 FPS, KOA:R Non Steam versions, NFS: The Run - these all require ORIGIN.
And I'm sure, this list will continue to grow.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Is NFS: The Run supposed to be good?

I liked Hot Pursuit, but I didn't love it, and I was bored by all the Time Trial Missions. The game could be really fun when all the elements lined up right.[/QUOTE]
No, they were hoping to put out utter crap. :roll: It's not too bad when playing with the big screen hooked up.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']@Tony - Great NFS bundle. But I have to admit that when I saw the thread title, I was holding my breath for a deal on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I missed out back in the early days of this thread and then was teased by the Steam Summer Sale. Any chance that'll show up again?[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft had it for $1 when they had that weekend sale on their site.

@Tony
Any news on The Rockin' Dead installer download problems?
I've emailed support but the response back was not helpful at all. I'm hesitant to uninstall my antivirus permanently for one game. (That was his advise).
PS, as always YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back