Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hearing mixed things: does the Amazon version of Bioshock 1 & 2 have any additional DRM beyond the Steam version, or is all of it also present in the version you'd buy directly from Steam's marketplace?

[quote name='nitman99']I'm hearing mixed things: does the Amazon version of Bioshock 1 & 2 have any additional DRM beyond the Steam version, or is all of it also present in the version you'd buy directly from Steam's marketplace?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, Bioshock 1 has no extra DRM any more (SecuRom was patched out). Bioshock 2 uses GFWL and SecuRom, in addition to Steam, and this is also true if you buy directly from Steam.

[quote name='nitman99']I'm hearing mixed things: does the Amazon version of Bioshock 1 & 2 have any additional DRM beyond the Steam version, or is all of it also present in the version you'd buy directly from Steam's marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2
Bioshock 2 flat-out requires G4WL in all PC versions PERIOD.
If you go w/ a Steam Version on Bioshock 2, you'll deal w/ BOTH Steam and G4WL.

Bioshock 1
I can't speak on Bioshock 1 Steam Version.
I think Steam version for Bioshock 1 used Steam only, no Securom.
Not 100% on it; don't quote me on it.
Maybe someone who owns Bioshock 1: Steam Version can speak on that version's DRM for me?

I have Bioshock 1 retail version and ain't played it in years.
It was one of the earliest SP games to do the Internet activation thing w/ install limits + revokes nonsense.
Since it been so long, I don't know if the DRM limits got changed on retail version or what.

[quote name='DWulf']From what I understand, Bioshock 1 has no extra DRM any more (SecuRom was patched out). Bioshock 2 uses GFWL and SecuRom, in addition to Steam, and this is also true if you buy directly from Steam.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, they left Securom in Steam version of Bioshock 2?
Why? [rhetorical]
Ugh at 3 layers - Steam, G4WL, and SecuRom.

And I thought Bioshock 2 Retail was plenty w/ Securom + G4WL...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Darkness II was $5 ?
What the heck![/QUOTE]
Yup.
At 2PM PST, they (GameSpot & Amazon) had a joined-show on TwitchTV showing off VERY limited time game deals.
Darkness 2 PC download was 1 of those deals.

[quote name='Wario64']That was me actually :)[/QUOTE]

Well thanks :D, otherwise i wouldn't have got it, i was just ready to leave work when i saw the deal on twitter. Bought it, left work and by the time i was home it was already done.

I'm hoping that we get an Assassin's Creed deal. I only picked up AC II from steam and now I'm wishing that I picked up Brotherhood and Revelations also so I can catch up for AC III.

[quote name='reyhantyo']anyone knows until when the deal is lasts ? for bioshock pack[/QUOTE]
The answer is between post #3120 and #3130. ;)

[quote name='DWulf']According to the Steam store page for Bioshock 2 and "The Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam" (http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List), Bioshock 2 does have SecuRom as well :cry:[/QUOTE]
Thank God that I bought Bioshock 2 at retail. I'd be quite annoyed w/ multiple layers of redundant & extra unnecessary DRM, if I bought the Steam version. Dev's/pub's can be so lazy on the Steam version, if the Retail version doesn't use Steam. They often just take the Retail Version w/ whatever DRM uses and just leave it alone - and then wrap the extra Steam DRM on top. With Steam versions, that IS unnecessary - b/c Steam itself is another form of DRM.

This is also why I prefer one layer of DRM (or none) - less extra silly hoops to jump through. So, in a sense - thank God that Bioshock: Infinite PC will flat-out require Steamworks.

Hey, does anyone know if Hotline Miami has any DRM?

There's a message in the Amazon forum where a guy says it's a Steam key, but the Amazon page itself doesn't mention Steam at all. Some people confuse any key for a Steam key, so I'd like some confirmation.

[quote name='60fps']Hey, does anyone know if Hotline Miami has any DRM?

There's a message in the Amazon forum where a guy says it's a Steam key, but the Amazon page itself doesn't mention Steam at all. Some people confuse any key for a Steam key, so I'd like some confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Tony said a few pages back that Amazon DVG's version of Hotline Miami requires Steam.

I did tell Tony a few pages back that the HLM page on Amazon DVG should state somewhere on that page (probably in Additional Info) that their version requires Steam.
For many here on CAG - they want STEAM versions & putting that on the page would probably be an instant sale;
some people try to avoid STEAM, if it's at all possible;
some just go where the best price is;
and/or some just take it case by case on what version to get depending on numerous factors.
{SIDE NOTE - I'd probably fall into any of the last 3.}

Most of the versions of Hotline Miami require Steam - i.e. GetGamesGo version & Gamersgate's versions also do require Steam.
GOG's version is the only version currently that we know of that's flat-out DRM-FREE - since DRM-FREE always is their policy.

Thanks, MysterD.

I don't really care about the DRM, but I just wanted it cleared up. I always go where the best prices are. I have games across Steam, Origin, GoG, and wherever else. I'll pick this game up on sale down the line.

Metal Kidz had a good idea. I wouldn't mind having shift one and 2, but have no interest in prostreet or undercover... if anyone wants those two games, I'd be willing to split the pack. Just send me a pm.

[quote name='60fps']Thanks, MysterD.
I don't really care about the DRM, but I just wanted it cleared up.[/quote]
Hey, no problem. :D
Glad to have helped clear things up for you. :D

I always go where the best prices are. I have games across Steam, Origin, GoG, and wherever else. I'll pick this game up on sale down the line.
Yeah, I also got numerous games across numerous different digital places and from retail boxes, as well. :D
I usually take DRM, pricing, how soon pricing hits, DLC, and all of that madness into account - a case-by-case thing for me.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup.
At 2PM PST, they (GameSpot & Amazon) had a joined-show on TwitchTV showing off VERY limited time game deals.
Darkness 2 PC download was 1 of those deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm down I missed this too. Darkness II for $5 :cry: anyways, when are these showed scheduled?

can't wait for 2K13 to finally drop... *knock on wood*

[quote name='Wario64']Is Walking Dead deal tomorrow? $15? I saw it on SD but didn't see the confirmation[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Tony said that would be next week. Pretty sure he said Sunday... its a bunch of pages back. Before the neo gaf stuff...

[quote name='shaggyc']Yeah. Tony said that would be next week. Pretty sure he said Sunday... its a bunch of pages back. Before the neo gaf stuff...[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right for Halloween. :oldman:

[quote name='shaggyc']Yeah. Tony said that would be next week. Pretty sure he said Sunday... its a bunch of pages back. Before the neo gaf stuff...[/QUOTE]

He didn't specifically say Sunday but has there been a Tony/Amazon DD sale that didn't start on a Sunday?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative ghostrider, we have many of those planned for the future or just ran them. Example, Dead Souls this Sunday, Walking Dead was like 1.5 weeks ago at the same price and will be again close to Halloween.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10087291&postcount=2939

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I had a dream there was a $5 XCOM deal...., and I missed it...... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Or are you dreaming now? Perhaps you were so distraught when you missed that deal you blacked out? Perhaps you dreamed us all up and now dream you only dreamed missing the deal to help yourself deal with the lost deal. Perhaps you really did miss the deal. What if we're all imaginary figures in your head and when you wake up, everyone here, all of us, even the Indomitable Tony, will fade away where all the fictional women you dream of having sex with go...

Back into nothing.

Don't wake up, dude. Don't wake up. It's almost time for BF and Holiday Steam sales and Tony sales. You let us get to the goods. :p

[quote name='Sway']He didn't specifically say Sunday but has there been a Tony/Amazon DD sale that didn't start on a Sunday?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10087291&postcount=2939[/QUOTE]

I think there has been... that platformer that was discounted 75% midweek. I think the bioshock pair went on sale midweek too. And it could be wensday for a haloween sale... thought he had said Sunday though. In either case I highly recommend walking dead at 15 bux. Its a steal at that price.

Well if anyone can't wait a few more days, The Walking Dead is also $14.99 at Gamestop and uses Steam according to the product details.
PlsdontbemadatmeTony

[quote name='Sway']Well if anyone can't wait a few more days, The Walking Dead is also $14.99 at Gamestop and uses Steam according to the product details.
PlsdontbemadatmeTony
[/QUOTE]

He might ban you from the Amazon thread. ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']He might ban you from the Amazon thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't think Tony is a big fan of people getting banned.

Regardless, it wasn't cool hawking a competitor's product when we already knew Amazon will be selling at the same price. Just start a new thread or something -- most of us knew about the deal already.

[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah I'm down I missed this too. Darkness II for $5 :cry: anyways, when are these showed scheduled?
[/QUOTE]

I think it's gonna be at 2PM PST (or 5PM EST) every Friday - just like it was this past Friday.

@TONY
TONY, where are you?
Confirm or deny? :p

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I had a dream there was a $5 XCOM deal...., and I missed it...... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That probably was for the 90's XCOM Pack, not the NEW XCOM: EU 2012 (by Firaxis). :p

[quote name='nategator']I don't think Tony is a big fan of people getting banned.

Regardless, it wasn't cool hawking a competitor's product when we already knew Amazon will be selling at the same price. Just start a new thread or something -- most of us knew about the deal already.[/QUOTE]

I was joking about the ban, hence the winky face.

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I was joking about the ban, hence the winky face.

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.[/QUOTE]

For sure dude, I don't own this thread :) I just try to foster the discussion.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='G_freemanX']So, what are the new deals for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

One of the deals is Dark Souls for $20; not sure if there are others.

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.[/QUOTE]

I think you were missing my point, bringing up the "free market on this forum" when I was talking about a thread started by a well-liked representative of Amazon.

I'm sure all the times I posted GMG deals on slickdeals I was trying to somehow suppress the free market.

But whatever, Tony says he doesn't mind so I'll leave it alone.

P.S. fuckin' Bulldogs...

Plus, we often like when Tony and Amazon price-match other stuff, if possible. ;)
Or sometimes, he'll tell us even better news - "We're got a better deal than that store...and it's coming up very soon!"

Depending on the circumstances - i.e. any of these thing where it depends on what version Tony has maybe has more content; the DRM on Tony's version; Tony's might have more options for different DRM versions (Steam and Non-Steam); might try to rack up more Amazon points; Tony's got a better deal coming soon; CS can help w/ supplying new keys if you run out of installs (on those install-limiting DRM); I'd rather deal w/ the Amazon DVG for doing downloads and game-installer back-ups over another store (like especially over GameStop PC App & GameFly - especially on Non-Steam Versions of games); etc etc. It could be a number of things for me as to why I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG over another digital store.

Plus, in many instances - I'd just rather put my $ in Tony and Amazon's pocket. Amazon's been great, over the years - from Retail products (more than just PC games) to Digital stuff (PC Download Games, MP3 Music, etc). And their CS is excellent.

Example -> I could've bought NFS: The Run a few weeks ago from Gamersgate for $5, but I didn't. I didn't really need that game ASAP. Tony said he'd be putting that one on sale soon in a promo, so I waited for his $5 deal on that game....which was earlier this week.

[quote name='MysterD']Plus, we often like when Tony and Amazon price-match other stuff, if possible. ;)
Or sometimes, he'll tell us even better news - "We're got a better deal than that store...and it's coming up very soon!"

Depending on the circumstances - i.e. any of these thing where it depends on what version Tony has maybe has more content; the DRM on Tony's version; Tony's might have more options for different DRM versions (Steam and Non-Steam); might try to rack up more Amazon points; Tony's got a better deal coming soon; CS can help w/ supplying new keys if you run out of installs (on those install-limiting DRM); I'd rather deal w/ the Amazon DVG for doing downloads and game-installer back-ups over another store (like especially over GameStop PC App & GameFly - especially on Non-Steam Versions of games); etc etc. It could be a number of things for me as to why I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG over another digital store.

Plus, in many instances - I'd just rather put my $ in Tony and Amazon's pocket. Amazon's been great, over the years - from Retail products (more than just PC games) to Digital stuff (PC Download Games, MP3 Music, etc). And their CS is excellent.

Example -> I could've bought NFS: The Run a few weeks ago from Gamersgate for $5, but I didn't. I didn't really need that game ASAP. Tony said he'd be putting that one on sale soon in a promo, so I waited for his $5 deal on that game....which was earlier this week.[/QUOTE]

Sigh...should I respond to this? Tony's already said he's fine with people posting deals of his competitors on this thread regardless of whether he already announced the same sale price starting a few days later so post away.

No need to discuss this topic further. Feel free to PM me if it's really important to you.

[quote name='nategator']Sigh...should I respond to this? Tony's already said he's fine with people posting deals of his competitors on this thread regardless of whether he already announced the same sale price starting a few days later so post away.

No need to discuss this topic further. Feel free to PM me if it's really important to you.[/QUOTE]
I *know* he's fine w/ it. I just gave some reasoning here to why I do the things I do - ask for Price-matches; why I prefer Amazon on certain things over other digital stores; etc etc. Is it really that big of a deal that I explain myself?
I certainly think not. [shrug]

[quote name='mac101010']What time will the Dark Souls deal start?[/QUOTE]

@TONY
Where are you?
I'd like to know this, too...!

Though, given Amazon DVG's history on Sunday price-flips, I'd guess it'll probably be after 12AM PST - which would be probably after 3AM EST where I live.
If it is, I'll likely be dreaming...or having nightmares about dying A LOT in Dark Souls or something along those lines...hehe.

I gotta start following this thread closely. Totally missed out on Darkness 2, and I don't wanna miss out on any more deals.

Also, could someone tell me to quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls?!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I gotta start following this thread closely. Totally missed out on Darkness 2, and I don't wanna miss out on any more deals.

Also, could someone tell me to quit being a chicken shit and play Dark Souls?![/QUOTE]
so you missed the Skyrim + DLC Bundle Tony offered for $9.99?

[quote name='sunasun']so you missed the Skyrim + DLC Bundle Tony offered for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Man, if only Amazon DVG actually signed Zenimax (parent company of Bethesda and Id Software)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back