Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DRevan']Hey Tony!
Any chance for having Batman Arkham Action Pack on sale again for $10 any time soon?[/QUOTE]

That would make for a happy Halloween. My youngest son is dressed up as Robin for tonight's candy collecting action. Puts a perfect balance to life.

In for the Harry Batman pack, not a huge HP fan but I love Lego Batman 2, flying around Gotham as Superman with the Superman Theme playing is just too much enjoyment to pass up.

I'm a huge fan of the Lego games so the Harry Batman pack is an instant buy for me, quick question though will they be the steam version or some other drm?

I'm intrigued by the Harry Batman pack, since my daughter and I have played nearly every LEGO game together so far, but with the first Harry Potter one, we got bogged down because she wants me to watch the movies first, and I've never been able to watch any of them without passing out.

Also, she seems to prefer beating the crap out of me in the game hubs more than beating the game itself. Do the LEGO Batman games have a versus element to them?

Finally, yeah, kids. Congrats, DL, and 3rd/4th about adjusting your gaming and any free time expectations. But it cycles back: as they get older, you might find yourselves playing games together, which can be fun, until you want to keep playing and they've got homework to finish.

Can't believe neither Steam nor 2K Sports has said anything about people not being able to play NBA 2K13. Steam forums are filled with people complaining about the exact same problem as me. A black screen flashes on for a second, and then closes, and that's it.

And it seems like people that pirated it are playing it with no problems. fucking bullshit.

[quote name='TraBuch']Can't believe neither Steam nor 2K Sports has said anything about people not being able to play NBA 2K13. Steam forums are filled with people complaining about the exact same problem as me. A black screen flashes on for a second, and then closes, and that's it.

And it seems like people that pirated it are playing it with no problems. fucking bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Guys I've heard 0 about this. Anyone have screenshots?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dfg']I'm intrigued by the Harry Batman pack, since my daughter and I have played nearly every LEGO game together so far, but with the first Harry Potter one, we got bogged down because she wants me to watch the movies first, and I've never been able to watch any of them without passing out.

Also, she seems to prefer beating the crap out of me in the game hubs more than beating the game itself. Do the LEGO Batman games have a versus element to them?

Finally, yeah, kids. Congrats, DL, and 3rd/4th about adjusting your gaming and any free time expectations. But it cycles back: as they get older, you might find yourselves playing games together, which can be fun, until you want to keep playing and they've got homework to finish.[/QUOTE]

Have Lego Batman & Batman 2 on both Wii and the 360. My sons love playing the games with Batman 2 being played the most, will play it with them some tonight and report back on the versus play.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony did you guys get that 1C deal or whatever it was up yet?

[quote name='TraBuch']http://imageshack.us/a/img163/8760/32961159.png

Start NBA 2K13, this opens for a second, then immediately closes.[/QUOTE]

Didn't run into this problem. But I did have framerate issues, but that was because it was using my intergrated graphics card instead of automatically using my NVIDIA card as the preferred one. Might be an issue.

When I installed the game I also got an error message about Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package or something and I thought I was running into the same problem as what your saying, but when I clicked play it ran fine. I'm not sure why it's doing that for you.

[quote name='MC Kage']Didn't run into this problem. But I did have framerate issues, but that was because it was using my intergrated graphics card instead of automatically using my NVIDIA card as the preferred one. Might be an issue.

When I installed the game I also got an error message about Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package or something and I thought I was running into the same problem as what your saying, but when I clicked play it ran fine. I'm not sure why it's doing that for you.[/QUOTE]
I got the same C++ 2010 Redistributable Package error message. Even ended up uninstalling it, then reinstalling it so I don't get that message anymore, but the game still only opens for about a second.

[quote name='TraBuch']I got the same C++ 2010 Redistributable Package error message. Even ended up uninstalling it, then reinstalling it so I don't get that message anymore, but the game still only opens for about a second.[/QUOTE]

That's really strange. What GFX card do you have? Are people having the issue having a common factor that your noticing?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Dead Space 1+2 - $7.49
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shagrath']Do you know if these activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

EA games = activate on ORIGIN.

EDIT:
NO EA game bought from a 3rd party (like Amazon DVG, Gamersgate, etc) has EVER activated-up on Steam.
EA's been trying to shove ORIGIN down our throats for a while - and especially more so, since EA been trying to buy-out Steam for years (and Valve refused every time) AND since DA2 got kicked-off Steam (b/c of DLC exclusives outside of Steam are now against Steam's rules).
If you want EA games from Steam, you'd have to buy them directly through Steam.

[quote name='Shrowd']Have Lego Batman & Batman 2 on both Wii and the 360. My sons love playing the games with Batman 2 being played the most, will play it with them some tonight and report back on the versus play.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Tony,
any upcoming deals on Paradox games (CKII in particular or better yet the Plethora of Paradox Games)? GMG has CKII for $10 + a 25% off code, but if you think you might have something better in the next couple months I'll definitely wait.

Also, many pages ago you mentioned a future $15 deal for DA:U + DA2 + ME + ME2, any chance of being able to get the DA or ME pack only? I already own both DA games, but if you offered something like ME + ME 2 digital deluxe bundle separately for a good price (maybe $10 so the full bundle is still the better deal?) I could see myself buying.

And finally, anything in the works for Civ V Gods & Kings?

Oh and thanks for the Dead Space deal, I've been wanting to replay them ever since I sold my console versions.

Just when I try to get away from buying more digital games, Amazon pulls me back. I ALMOST bought DS 1 and 2 for $5 each when they were on sale numerous times.

[quote name='BLink']The sale just happened, I doubt it will be repeated anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Counting how big disaster was the Square Enix sale and how Amazon let down the fans (thousands were waiting for a week and after the sale went live all keys were gone in a few hours and Amazon did not offer anything similar, so thousands were let down) the least they could do is to bring back the previous top seller, which was that Batman pack. Both Batman games were Steam activatable, so we can't compare the Prototype pack to it, since Prototype 1 can not be activated on Steam. Not to mention that many people missed the Batman sale too and I believe Amazon has enough keys to make another sale, so...

So please Tony throw up this idea at the next meeting. Thx!

[quote name='DRevan']Counting how big disaster was the Square Enix sale and how Amazon let down the fans (thousands were waiting for a week and after the sale went live all keys were gone in a few hours and Amazon did not offer anything similar, so thousands were let down) the least they could do is to bring back the previous top seller, which was that Batman pack. Both Batman games were Steam activatable, so we can't compare the Prototype pack to it, since Prototype 1 can not be activated on Steam.[/QUOTE]

First, you gave him a whopping 4 hours to respond to your question before repeating it. The guy actually has a job outside of serving you, FYI.

And holy crap, whine more? Amazon let down thousands of fans? Discounting your hyperbole, and maybe you missed it, but Square stopped giving out keys. Amazon doesn't have a random number generator that churns them out on command.

[quote name='DRevan']Counting how big disaster was the Square Enix sale and how Amazon let down the fans (thousands were waiting for a week and after the sale went live all keys were gone in a few hours and Amazon did not offer anything similar, so thousands were let down) the least they could do is to bring back the previous top seller, which was that Batman pack. Both Batman games were Steam activatable, so we can't compare the Prototype pack to it, since Prototype 1 can not be activated on Steam.[/QUOTE]

You can't really blame a retailer for selling out, even if it's digital. It's not like you go to Best Buy and ask them to give you games from old sales just because the new sale is done.

I picked up both the Square Enix pack and the Batman pack...No problems here. Maybe folks should just sleep less, work less, and make buying games a higher priority. I don't see how you can miss these if you sit in front of the screen hitting refresh here all day. ;)

Psh, you should stay up late sunday to wait for the new deal of the week. Just drink lots of coffee/red bull so you don't leash out on people. OK, I guess not everyone gets grumpy when they don't sleep enough, but I sure do.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']First, you gave him a whopping 4 hours to respond to your question before repeating it. The guy actually has a job outside of serving you, FYI.

And holy crap, whine more? Amazon let down thousands of fans? Discounting your hyperbole, and maybe you missed it, but Square stopped giving out keys. Amazon doesn't have a random number generator that churns them out on command.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Tony gave people a great deal, and it is well known when these deals typically go live. He never said supplies were endless and he did his best to restock when they ran out. Selling out on a week-long deal within a day or two is hardly a disaster, but yeah people do get cranky when they miss out on a bargain but it isn't his or Amazon's fault.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']First, you gave him a whopping 4 hours to respond to your question before repeating it. The guy actually has a job outside of serving you, FYI.

And holy crap, whine more? Amazon let down thousands of fans? Discounting your hyperbole, and maybe you missed it, but Square stopped giving out keys. Amazon doesn't have a random number generator that churns them out on command.[/QUOTE]

Don't be mad at him, he's probably 13 or 14... and if not.. well then get mad, VERY MAD.

Funny how many people got mad about something that is not their business and also funny how many people keep forgetting that only a small percentage of customers actually know about this forum.

[quote name='DRevan']Counting how big disaster was the Square Enix sale and how Amazon let down the fans (thousands were waiting for a week and after the sale went live all keys were gone in a few hours and Amazon did not offer anything similar, so thousands were let down) the least they could do is to bring back the previous top seller, which was that Batman pack. Both Batman games were Steam activatable, so we can't compare the Prototype pack to it, since Prototype 1 can not be activated on Steam. Not to mention that many people missed the Batman sale too and I believe Amazon has enough keys to make another sale, so...

So please Tony throw up this idea at the next meeting. Thx![/QUOTE]
"The least they could do" :) You seem to think that Amazon likes the idea that they ran out of keys. That means fewer sales, so I would imagine they would have loved to sell more. Having "something similar" to offer as a backup would have meant lining up a competitor for the same week as Squeenix. I don't know if that is something any major developer wants to offer a retailer.

You probably should have just stuck with the last line - that was fairly polite and reasonable.

***Just read your latest post. smh at someone posting on a public forum and then saying responses to their whiny rant are "none of their business." Classically sad***

Darkness 2: bought.

There's a new 25% voucher on GMG. I'm between RF: Armageddon, Retribution 2 and Space Marine. About to buy RF just because the final price is amazing

[quote name='Daryl']

***Just read your latest post. smh at someone posting on a public forum and then saying responses to their whiny rant are "none of their business." Classically sad***[/QUOTE]

Agreed - you made it everyone's business by posting in a public forum. I suppose if you don't want to get criticized for making unreasonable requests, it would be best to send Tony a PM and leave it at that.

This is getting out of hand, I suggest stopping any more comments about this subject and actually let the man in question respond.

Thanks.

[quote name='DRevan']This is getting out of hand, I suggest stopping any more comments about this subject and actually let the man in question respond.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:roll::applause:

You are quite entertaining sir. I would second the suggestion you probably should PM Tony directly if you need an answer to your question. As much as we love him, he doesn't have the time to check every page all the time so he does miss things some times. But if you PM him he usually gets you sorted out.

[quote name='espy605']I agree completely. Tony gave people a great deal, and it is well known when these deals typically go live. He never said supplies were endless and he did his best to restock when they ran out. Selling out on a week-long deal within a day or two is hardly a disaster, but yeah people do get cranky when they miss out on a bargain but it isn't his or Amazon's fault.[/QUOTE]

Well To be fair, I did specifically ask Tony if the deal would be good all week and he replied that he expected that Square would just keep giving them keys. So I took that to mean that I would have no problem buying towards the end of the week if I wanted to. Obviously things changed, and it wasn't Tony's fault that Square/Enix decided to cut off the supply of keys. But if I hadn't been online & reading this thread at the moment that Tony said that they wouldn't be getting anymore keys, and the next batch would be the last one, I would have missed out on the deal too.

I'm probably not the only guy who read Tony's response and held off on buying until later on. I'm sure that a few people read that and then were left out in the cold when the keys suddenly ran out. Again, it's not Tony's fault, but I can kinda see why some people might be a little bit ticked off that they missed out on a deal that they thought was gonna run all week.

[quote name='The End']Well To be fair, I did specifically ask Tony if the deal would be good all week and he replied that he expected that Square would just keep giving them keys. So I took that to mean that I would have no problem buying towards the end of the week if I wanted to. Obviously things changed, and it wasn't Tony's fault that Square/Enix decided to cut off the supply of keys. But if I hadn't been online & reading this thread at the moment that Tony said that they wouldn't be getting anymore keys, and the next batch would be the last one, I would have missed out on the deal too.

I'm probably not the only guy who read Tony's response and held off on buying until later on. I'm sure that a few people read that and then were left out in the cold when the keys suddenly ran out. Again, it's not Tony's fault, but I can kinda see why some people might be a little bit ticked off that they missed out on a deal that they thought was gonna run all week.[/QUOTE]

Then he made an honest mistake and I agree it's frustrating, but I still don't see it as a "complete disaster." Digital distribution, especially for Amazon, is obviously still something they are working out the kinks of, doing tests and seeing what works best. Mistakes will be made but they are never intentionally deceptive or in bad faith, and Tony did issue a discount coupon to try to make up for it, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='espy605']Then he made an honest mistake and I agree it's frustrating, but I still don't see it as a "complete disaster." Digital distribution, especially for Amazon, is obviously still something they are working out the kinks of, doing tests and seeing what works best. Mistakes will be made but they are never intentionally deceptive or in bad faith, and Tony did issue a discount coupon to try to make up for it, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

QFT

These are.. games after all and as much as we love em, there are more important things to get upset about. On that note, rawr! no big halloweens sale! You guys really messed this one up Amzon! I will never buy from you again. Until the Prototype bundle... and KoA bundle too... and.. oh wait...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']
And holy crap, whine more? [/QUOTE]

Amazon is the best and I can't understand how anyone would whine about it. This isn't video games but the new Taylor Swift MP3 album came out on Amazon at $8 where on iTunes it was $15. Combine that with the constant PC game deals, Amazon consistently comes through and the occasional hiccups are nothing. I will celebrate the day when all the brick and mortar stores are out of business and we are all out of work.

[quote name='espy605']Then he made an honest mistake and I agree it's frustrating, but I still don't see it as a "complete disaster." Digital distribution, especially for Amazon, is obviously still something they are working out the kinks of, doing tests and seeing what works best. Mistakes will be made but they are never intentionally deceptive or in bad faith, and Tony did issue a discount coupon to try to make up for it, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was an honest mistake.

It's something that I will be keeping in mind in the future though. Next time a bundle like this catches my eye, I'm gonna buy it the first opportunity that I get. The only reason that I held off on buying the square/enix pack was because there was a coupon that Amazon issued midway through the previous week's deal which knocked an extra $2.50 off that week's deal and I was waiting to see if they would do that again.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not sure that I'd even use the word mistake. Mistake implies that Tony (or Amazon in general) messed something up. It's not their fault that Square told them that they keep feeding them keys and that Square changed their minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spokker']Amazon is the best and I can't understand how anyone would whine about it. This isn't video games but the new Taylor Swift MP3 album came out on Amazon at $8 where on iTunes it was $15. Combine that with the constant PC game deals, Amazon consistently comes through and the occasional hiccups are nothing. I will celebrate the day when all the brick and mortar stores are out of business and we are all out of work.[/QUOTE]

You would be my hero if every time an argument broke out in a thread you swooped in and somehow steered the conversation in the direction of Taylor Swift.

That's just a thing that you could do for me that would make my day every single time. :D

[quote name='yangwenli']I don't see how you can miss these if you sit in front of the screen hitting refresh here all day. ;)[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is that i actually do this everyday, several times :roll:. We shouldn't be mad about Amazon running out of keys, we should be mad about Tony making us sleepless gaming sales zombies :).

Damn, had to buy Darkness 2. Can't beat 83% off. :bouncy: or can you, Tony? :lol:
Thanks again for the great deals and getting The Rockin Dead working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back