Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChelseaGrinK']Cam anyone tell if this activates on steam? If so it's a insta buy for me :D[/QUOTE]

mine did not - I should've mentioned it in the original post...

Ubisoft games don't activate on Steam, with the only exceptions being their small, XBLAish titles (stuff that debuts in the 10-20 dollar range), and Dark Messiah.

You guys don't have to wait for Tony for a Price Match; each item page on Amazon has a "Let us know of a cheaper price" button. Use that to point to STEAM's store page of the same item.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Will there ever be a bundle with all of the LEGO games (Star Wars + Harry Potter + Indiana Jones + Batman + POTC + LOTR)? I would buy the crap out of that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

There probably wont ever be a complete Lego games pack. Most of the games are published by different publishers.

Batman, Lord Of The Rings & Harry Potter = Warner Bros
Pirates = Disney
Star Wars & Indiana Jones = LucasArts (though I suppose they could be considered Disney now)

[quote name='Daryl']Some decisions to make. Really want Victoria 2: A House Divided, but I own almost everything in the War Chest.

Aside from Syndicate in a few days, I will probably bite on several other games. Hard to justify a big pack just for the one title.[/QUOTE]

Although it's $9.99, as opposed to $7.50, did you consider the Paradox Seas Bundle?

Paradox Seas Bundle includes the following:
Commander: Conquest of the Americas - Colonial Navy
Commander: Conquest of the Americas
East India Company Collection
Naval War: Arctic Circle
Pirates of Black Cove - Origins DLC
Pirates of Black Cove
Ship Simulator Extremes
Victoria II
Victoria II: A House Divided

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Thanks for the tip. I'm going to hold off on buying that bundle. Rumor around the block is Steam doesn't give individual games when you buy bundles. I already have CC and Psychonauts, so I'm just looking for Iron Brigade and Stacking. I plan on holding strong until they hit 75% off individually.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same exact boat as you, but if you take a closer look you might notice that the bundle comes out to $9.99 for all four games. If you take the two games that you don't have, Stacking and Iron Brigade, both of which are $15 retail, and then their combined full retail price of $30, that makes the $10 bundle price 1/3 of the full retail price, so about 77% off each title when averaged out between the two.

Personally, I am waiting to buy it until the Christmas sale given the current patch issues they are having with Iron Brigade and GFWL. I just hope the price doesn't go up...

For anyone else reading this, I am referencing the "Double Fine Bundle" currently on a $9.99 flash sale for a little under 4 more hours on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18248/

Dumb question, but will the 2012 Editor's Choice Games only include games released in 2012, or is there a chance that earlier games (LA Noire for instance) might make the cut?

[quote name='Octopod']Dude, it is $7.50....[/QUOTE]

You meant to go to an AG forums. I think they're the forums connected to IGN. It's an easy mistake to make.

See, here, we're CHEAP. CHEAP means cheap means we don't settle for $7.50 for one DLC unless we're feeling mighty spendy and we certainly don't dismiss that. For $7.50, I could buy a 7 humble bundles with steam copies and still have money left over for some DLC for Saints Row The Third.

The money you save is the money you can spend somewhere else. Waste not, want not.

[quote name='cutter2']Yes, it does but it is activation-based. There is nothing to fear from this form of SecuROM, and it is easy to revoke your activations if you choose. It doesn't install any drivers or any additional software on your PC. The DRM is integrated into the game's executables. It's quite flexible and works well. You can activate the games on multiple PC's and play them at the same time if you choose.[/QUOTE]

Thank for the answer.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Disc version is $19.99, should activate on Origin the same way as download ver.

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Mo...82&sr=1-1&keywords=need+for+speed+most+wanted[/QUOTE]

To be specific - NFS: Most Wanted 2012 on the PC flat-out requires Origin everywhere.

From Sam Houston (formerly of EA).

Sam Houston ‏@samhouston
Downloading @NeedForSpeed Most Wanted at the @OriginInsider office at 33MB/s. Downloaded 5GB in about 3 minutes pic.twitter.com/zBpIxsZX

26 Oct Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@samhouston @NeedforSpeed @OriginInsider NFS: MW 2012 on PC requires Origin, correct?

Sam Houston @samhouston
@MysterD @NeedforSpeed @OriginInsider Yep, it does.
Reply Retweet Favorite
2:25 PM - 26 Oct 12 ·

Quick question regarding the Editor's Choice games... will they receive their own discount or will they be sold at list price and you simply can apply the $5 credit to it?

[quote name='cl4ym4n']Quick question regarding the Editor's Choice games... will they receive their own discount or will they be sold at list price and you simply can apply the $5 credit to it?[/QUOTE]

There were discounts on many of the games last January.. They're not all gonna be at list price.

[quote name='tham1988']if i buy a borderlands 2 4-pack on amazon instead of steam, will I get 1 $5 coupon or 4?[/QUOTE]

Only 1, I believe

[quote name='mmmory']Any chance to see Spec Ops on sale around some time?[/QUOTE]

He answered that a couple pages back.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yes, we have some plans around Spec Ops in December :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Zeno Clash has been discounted throughout Steam's Autumn sale. It's supposed to be one of the better indie games from a couple years ago. Can Amazon price match such deeply discounted titles?
Steam
Amazon

I put in a request via the client at the bottom of the page a couple of days ago but no dice. Of course I haven't really had much success getting price matches through that thing so I usually just take requests directly to this thread.

I missed the Rome: Total War Gold for $1. :(

Any chance of this happening between now and the end of the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess the sale on The Walking Dead is actually for the mac version at $12.50. Since it is Steamworks, that means it will also work fine for PC right? Like Civ V?

[quote name='Vigilant']Zeno Clash has been discounted throughout Steam's Autumn sale. It's supposed to be one of the better indie games from a couple years ago. Can Amazon price match such deeply discounted titles?
Steam
Amazon[/QUOTE]

Hamsters running!

[quote name='Mooby']I put in a request via the client at the bottom of the page a couple of days ago but no dice. Of course I haven't really had much success getting price matches through that thing so I usually just take requests directly to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the delay here, which PMs were you asking about that I missed?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters running!

Sorry about the delay here, which PMs were you asking about that I missed?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, no no, wasn't anything I asked you. I just mentioned that the store page client method didn't yield much luck for me. Still talking about Zeno Clash. I never bothered asking you directly about it because I'm still on the fence as the game isn't that appealing to me.

But now that you're here, question re: SR3 on the Editor's Choice list. Would the $5 promo codes be good on The Complete Edition or just the base game?

Also also also, would love if you guys could pick up a Steam version of Alpha Protocol (Sega) for December sales. Possibly bundle it with Hell Year and Viking.

[quote name='AcrylamideTic']So I guess the sale on The Walking Dead is actually for the mac version at $12.50. Since it is Steamworks, that means it will also work fine for PC right? Like Civ V?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious about this. I missed out on the sale on the Windows version earlier, but I'm thinking about picking it up now.

Also, if I buy Walking Dead, will I get $5 towards the Editor's Choice promotion in January?

EDIT: Never mind, it says I get the $5 credit. Sweet.

[quote name='AcrylamideTic']So I guess the sale on The Walking Dead is actually for the mac version at $12.50. Since it is Steamworks, that means it will also work fine for PC right? Like Civ V?[/QUOTE]

You're looking for this:
platform_steamplay.png
-- if the store page has that, you're good to go.

[quote name='Vigilant']Zeno Clash has been discounted throughout Steam's Autumn sale. It's supposed to be one of the better indie games from a couple years ago. Can Amazon price match such deeply discounted titles?
Steam
Amazon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters running!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And they ran fast, PM is ready. I'm getting this tonight, was eyeying it on Steam,but with a $5 coupon it's a nobrainer.

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='Mooby']You're looking for this:
platform_steamplay.png
-- if the store page has that, you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, went ahead and got it and it works.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']I'm also curious about this. I missed out on the sale on the Windows version earlier, but I'm thinking about picking it up now.

Also, if I buy Walking Dead, will I get $5 towards the Editor's Choice promotion in January?

EDIT: Never mind, it says I get the $5 credit. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it works, bought it and activated on Steam and shows up now on PC.

Tony, will you do a price match on 2K Games published Sid Meier's Civilization V - Gods and Kings?

Edit: How about a PM on Total War Battles: Shogun too?

Is Batman Arkham City on ADVG secretly the GOTY edition? I can't understand why they are selling the base game at the same price of the GOTY edition. They've had DLC packaged with games and not listed it before, so I'm hoping this is the case.

[quote name='60fps']Is Batman Arkham City on ADVG secretly the GOTY edition? I can't understand why they are selling the base game at the same price of the GOTY edition. They've had DLC packaged with games and not listed it before, so I'm hoping this is the case.[/QUOTE]

They haven't done a price match since the Steam deal has been up for less than an hour. It's the base game.

[quote name='Garbanzo']And they ran fast, PM is ready. I'm getting this tonight, was eyeying it on Steam,but with a $5 coupon it's a nobrainer.

Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

I know, right? I'll pick it up tonight too. Thanks Tony.

[quote name='Mooby']
Also, would love if you guys could pick up a Steam version of Alpha Protocol (Sega) for December sales. Possibly bundle it with Hell Year and Viking.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol is great. It's probably my favorite Sega game.

[quote name='rball']Yes, I am aware of that but still prefer 2K Games published version (even they are exactly the same) ;)[/QUOTE]

You are though. You are getting the 2k games PC license for the game, plus another license for the Mac version published by Aspyr. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand in this thread, given it has been repeated dozens of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back