Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='travathian']It may exist on a few games, but not many. I just checked Batman Arkham City, Civ5, Warlock, and Crusader Kings. No DLC listed. And again, the big thing is no listing of any packs it is in. And I dont necessarily mean the special packs that you create(though that would be awesome), but on the Civ5 page, no mention of the GOTY version unless it happens to be in the "customers who . . ." section down below.

And I realize what people are saying about Amazon being new to the digital gaming thing, but if I start a new car company next year, my first car isn't going to be compared to a Model T, it is going to be compared to what is available now. And these kinds of features have been on Steam for at least 3 years. So yeah, Amazon does pale in many ways to Steam, and could probably drive more sales if their customers saw these packs/dlc easier.[/QUOTE]

i understand you point of view but comparing a clinet made only for digtal games to a web site that sell many things an has just started trying focus more on thier digtal game market is little much

Well, this sale helped to clean me out for a bit. I'm still looking for one or two cheap games($5 or so) though.

Anyone interested in a trade for Deus Ex Human Revolution and the Missing Link? I can give it in exchange for another item. If not, I guess I wait until the next sale!

Loving the deals! Thanks Tony.

Brent

[quote name='Bizzquik']LoL. Oh no. I thought I could get the DLC code to activate on Games for Windows Live, but nope - the Steam version of Arkham City really is required.

If someone wants my Harley's Revenge code for $2 PayPal, PM me. Oh well. LoL.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the heads up. Was hoping these were just GFWL codes I could activate with my non-Steam copy of Arkham City.
Now I'm contemplating whether I just want to double dip and just buy the GOTY Ed off Steam for $7.49.

So I'm assuming the $5 january credit is one per account. I also assume someone asked this already, but this thread moves fast.

I'm definitely in on NFS:MW for $20. Missed the $25 deal(s) for this on 360.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So I'm assuming the $5 january credit is one per account. I also assume someone asked this already, but this thread moves fast.[/QUOTE]

You can have multiple $5 coupons, but you can only use 1 coupon per game purchase during the month of January.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So I'm assuming the $5 january credit is one per account. I also assume someone asked this already, but this thread moves fast.[/QUOTE]

Nope you can have as many as you want as long as you buy a qualifying download, but you can only use 1 at a time in January.

Might be a good idea to have a separate price match request thread as a lot of stuff gets buried in the back and forth between us posters.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Does anyone know if Darksouls will go back on sale? I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for a Winter Sale or January Sale, but it probably won't hit $15 again in the next couple days

[quote name='BernardoOne']Gotta love price matches. Picked up Zeno Clash for 99c and got 5$ credit :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed it as well.

[quote name='clonesniper666']but you can only use 1 at a time in January.[/QUOTE]

Damn... should have read the terms more carefully.

Don't know if this has been asked, but does anyone know if Amazons Arkham City comes with securom? I see it's a steam key, but I also read on the internet that some places have the game with out Securom now. So I'd be thankful for any input.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']You can have multiple $5 coupons, but you can only use 1 coupon per game purchase during the month of January.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clonesniper666']Nope you can have as many as you want as long as you buy a qualifying download, but you can only use 1 at a time in January.[/QUOTE]

Another question. Does the game need to be $5 or more of can we get free games like with other past promo codes?

If so then I'll grab some of these smaller DLCs and such.

Are any of the Batman AC DLCs worth it? Never heard great things about these.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Another question. Does the game need to be $5 or more of can we get free games like with other past promo codes?

If so then I'll grab some of these smaller DLCs and such.

Are any of the Batman AC DLCs worth it? Never heard great things about these.[/QUOTE]

You can get the credit with any amount purchase, I just got $5 for my $1 Zeno Clash.

The Harleys Revenge DLC is the only one that adds any story the rest of the AC dlc is challenge maps/characters.

Anyone know if The Walking Dead (Mac) version will also work on PC. Its on sale for half off on Amazon and it is redeemable on Steam. Duke Nukem Forever - I have the Mac Retail version but it still works for my PC that way. Was wondering if this was the same case on this particular game or not.

Thanks.

Steam says that you buy it once and you can play it on Mac or PC so I guess I am safe to assume that it will work that way when I redeem the key but at the same point, I don't want to spend $12.49 on a game that I can't use since I do not own a Mac.

[quote name='clonesniper666']You can get the credit with any amount purchase, I just got $5 for my $1 Zeno Clash.

The Harleys Revenge DLC is the only one that adds any story the rest of the AC dlc is challenge maps/characters.[/QUOTE]

I meant on the games you buy in January. Does it need to be $5+ to use the coupons or can you get a $3 thing for free?

[quote name='Hellacious']Anyone know if The Walking Dead (Mac) version will also work on PC. Its on sale for half off on Amazon and it is redeemable on Steam. Duke Nukem Forever - I have the Mac Retail version but it still works for my PC that way. Was wondering if this was the same case on this particular game or not.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead is SteamPlay..."Buy it once. Play it on Mac or PC." You should be good to go.

I have a question about refund on buy two get one free promotion in pre owned games in gamestop. I have purchased three games which the price are the same $19.99. So, the free game was also the same amount. The total cost was $43.49 including tax. Now, I want to return one game to my local game stop. How much do I get back for refund? Is it around $13 to $14 by dividing the total amount three times ?

[quote name='Hellacious']Anyone know if The Walking Dead (Mac) version will also work on PC. Its on sale for half off on Amazon and it is redeemable on Steam. Duke Nukem Forever - I have the Mac Retail version but it still works for my PC that way. Was wondering if this was the same case on this particular game or not.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10209568&postcount=7216

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I meant on the games you buy in January. Does it need to be $5+ to use the coupons or can you get a $3 thing for free?[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1430421982&pf_rd_i=1000716161

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Ahh didn't notice that. Not sure if worth it since those might be cheaper now/January even after the $5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought they stacked so I bought a bunch of stuff lol. So its a loss for me either way

[quote name='ckc4043']I have a question about refund on buy two get one free promotion in pre owned games in gamestop. I have purchased three games which the price are the same $19.99. So, the free game was also the same amount. The total cost was $43.49 including tax. Now, I want to return one game to my local game stop. How much do I get back for refund? Is it around $13 to $14 by dividing the total amount three times ?[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread?

I'm having a hard time pushing myself to buy any of the Paradox packs. They are priced nice, but I can't help but think that some of the games will end up in an indie bundle at some point, considering that a few Paradox games have appeared in Indiegala bundles.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I meant on the games you buy in January. Does it need to be $5+ to use the coupons or can you get a $3 thing for free?[/QUOTE]

If it works like last year then no minimum price will be set. I remember getting quite a few games for free last year with the $5 credit.

[quote name='Daykain']Is there any chance the Dreamcast pack will come back? It was supposed to be valid until today but has been unavailable at least since yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I was going to buy this today, too. Every game is available individually except Crazy Taxi.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']50% off Borderlands 2 extended to run all day tomorrow, plus XCOM: Enemy Unknown will also be 50% off:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- $24.99 11/26 only
Borderlands 2 - $29.99 through 11/26
Borderlands 2 4pack - $89.99 through 11/26
Kingdoms of Amalur + both DLCs - $11.99 11/26 only
Syndicate - $4.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Somethin's up with that Amalur link. Should be without the "forum" stuff.

Extra H and w aded to begining to stop it from shortening link addresses.
Currently this: hhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/www.amazon.com/dp/B009YLKBQY
Should be this: wwww.amazon.com/dp/B009YLKBQY

[quote name='walkonshadows']Somethin's up with that Amalur link. Should be without the "forum" stuff.

Currently this: hhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/www.amazon.com/dp/B009YLKBQY
Should be this: wwww.amazon.com/dp/B009YLKBQY[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, fixed, try it now?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Will The KoA + both DLC be separate Orgin Keys?[/QUOTE]

They are.....I'm going to have the base game...cheap if anyone just wants that. I'm in this for just the dlc

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They are.....I'm going to have the base game...cheap if anyone just wants that. I'm in this for just the dlc[/QUOTE]

We're in the same boat. Though, if they both go 50% I'd save a buck and some change and score 2 $5 gift cards.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it.

Now I'm seriously wishing I had spoiler-quoted the original version of Tony's Amazon BF posts, I miss that laundry list of the "odds-n-ends".

Edit: Yay! After some scrying I found it on NeoGAF (without most of the hyperlinks).

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it been confirmed whether or not you'll be able to stack $5 credit in January?

I'm looking at a lot of these cheap games, thinking that I'd love to add them to my library if they give me $5 extra towards anything I want.

Has KoA complete been any cheaper elsewhere yet? I seem to recall a really low price on it on GamersGate, but I can't remember what it included...

Just imagine if steam does Hotline Miami a daily deal on the winter sale and amazon matches the price? You could get it either for free or for amazingly cheap with the 5$ credit!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Has KoA complete been any cheaper elsewhere yet? I seem to recall a really low price on it on GamersGate, but I can't remember what it included...[/QUOTE]

It was $14.86 on GG (w/IGN) back on 11 Oct. Yes, KoA+both DLCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back