Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']It was $14.86 on GG (w/IGN) back on 11 Oct. Yes, KoA+both DLCs[/QUOTE]
Right, thanks for the reminder. Going to be hard to pass up tomorrow...

[quote name='heroes159']Hey guys. Can someone tell me how many hours left for This KOA deal & Syndicate deal to come up ??? So i can be online :D[/QUOTE]

Some time between midnight and 1am PST but since you brought it up on the prior page, for those of you using your, ahem, other address that just happens to be Beverly Hills 90210 or Amazon's Corporate headquarters you better check and make sure it is not region locked because EA has been known to do that.

[quote name='Eddy898']Some time between midnight and 1am PST but since you brought it up on the prior page, for those of you using your, ahem, other address that just happens to be Beverly Hills 90210 or Amazon's Corporate headquarters you better check and make sure it is not region locked because EA has been known to do that.[/QUOTE]

What? Don't people know that the best fictious addresses are on Wilshire Boulevard? There are outfits from which you can rent a virtual "suite" with mailbox and by-the-hour conference room so you can get all the prestige at an affordable cost.

Or if you want to be ironic, 1 Main Street San Quentin, CA 94964‎.

[quote name='heroes159']Hey guys. Can someone tell me how many hours left for This KOA deal & Syndicate deal to come up ??? So i can be online :D[/QUOTE]

3 more hours [including price flip time], and it will run for 24 hours thereafter.

[quote name='asheskitty']What? Don't people know that the best fictious addresses are on Wilshire Boulevard? There are outfits from which you can rent a virtual "suite" with mailbox and by-the-hour conference room so you can get all the prestige at an affordable cost.

Or if you want to be ironic, 1 Main Street San Quentin, CA 94964‎.[/QUOTE]

Jake: How are you gonna get the band back together, Mr. Hot Rodder? Those cops have your name, your address...
Elwood: They don't have my address. I falsified my renewal. I put down 1060 West Addison.
Jake: 1060 West Addison? That's Wrigley Field!

[quote name='Eddy898']Some time between midnight and 1am PST but since you brought it up on the prior page, for those of you using your, ahem, other address that just happens to be Beverly Hills 90210 or Amazon's Corporate headquarters you better check and make sure it is not region locked because EA has been known to do that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']What? Don't people know that the best fictious addresses are on Wilshire Boulevard? There are outfits from which you can rent a virtual "suite" with mailbox and by-the-hour conference room so you can get all the prestige at an affordable cost.

Or if you want to be ironic, 1 Main Street San Quentin, CA 94964‎.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']3 more hours [including price flip time], and it will run for 24 hours thereafter.[/QUOTE]

thnx guys.. I bought like 15 games from Amazon.. MY mom in USA.. I'm in SRI Lanka. I'm using my mother address. She is in Maryland. thank god Amazon not charging Taxes for MD lol :D :D

Got a few hours to ask myself the hard questions, like "Do I really want to buy non-Steam games?" and "Do I want to skip buying those Origin games and see if they're cheaper with the $5 codes in January?".

I just don't know. Amalur and Syndicate both aren't in the editor's choice list yet, but they might show up later. Syndicate may be the new Duke Nukem Forever and be free/$1 after the coupon! But if I don't buy it now maybe it won't ever be $5 again and I'll miss out on a mediocre shooter! All those generic shooters lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to procrastinate.

I have a quick question. Just got my gaming laptop so i'm ready to plunge into the PC gaming side of things. My amazon account says that i have $7 software/videogame credit. What exactly does that mean and how do I use it?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Got a few hours to ask myself the hard questions, like "Do I really want to buy non-Steam games?" and "Do I want to skip buying those Origin games and see if they're cheaper with the $5 codes in January?".

I just don't know. Amalur and Syndicate both aren't in the editor's choice list yet, but they might show up later. Syndicate may be the new Duke Nukem Forever and be free/$1 after the coupon! But if I don't buy it now maybe it won't ever be $5 again and I'll miss out on a mediocre shooter! All those generic shooters lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to procrastinate.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, so true. Then again, a part of me doubts that a rarely on (good) sale EA game like KoA will be a part of that list, but who knows.

Tomorrow is going to difficult.

EDIT: Check out these gems.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Digita...d=1353915615&sr=1-1&keywords=digital+download

http://www.amazon.com/246-700-Ander...d=1353915767&sr=1-3&keywords=digital+download

http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Diarie...=1353915890&sr=1-49&keywords=digital+download

[quote name='Galloughs']still waiting to see syndicate for 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

For a buck more you could have had it months ago.

Edit: no wait, GG w/IGN and blue coins, less than $5.

Tony, the Amalur link in the OP (top of first page) needs to fixed as well. For those wanting the fixed link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10212164&postcount=7311

And for those curious about the game, consider this Amazon review that made me lol irl:

Own a piece of Rhode Island, November 2, 2012 By Greg
This review is from: Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle [Download] (Software Download)
This game is so good that Rhode Island would rather have it made than 5 world class hospitals, 10 new colleges, or hell even an alienware computer for every kid in the classroom.
ITS THAT FREAKING GOOD!

[quote name='Galloughs']still waiting to see syndicate for 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

It's never instant. Gotta give it an hour after the flip time.

[quote name='asheskitty']For a buck more you could have had it months ago.

Edit: no wait, GG w/IGN and blue coins, less than $5.[/QUOTE]

GG w/IGN is a thing of the past though now :)

The $5 price on Syndicate has now flipped. I bought it.

With so many people inquiring about it hopefully there will be plenty of people online to play coop.

[quote name='CheapyD']Fixed the KoA link in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thank You Sir. On behalf of everyone here who doesn't get the chance, Thank You for being on top of all the Black Friday deals. Every Thread you've made has been awesome, and I know it takes alot of time to make them. Thanks.

How does the DLC work in KOA:R? If I activate it all at once will it affect the game any different than if I don't? Like, is it incorporated into the main game, or is it something I won't even experience until the main game is over?

I'm just cautious after the Vampire Saints Row 3 thingy.

They are very clearly separate quests that you are notified of during the game. They aren't part of the main quest but can be done whenever you want really.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Got a few hours to ask myself the hard questions, like "Do I really want to buy non-Steam games?" and "Do I want to skip buying those Origin games and see if they're cheaper with the $5 codes in January?".

I just don't know. Amalur and Syndicate both aren't in the editor's choice list yet, but they might show up later. Syndicate may be the new Duke Nukem Forever and be free/$1 after the coupon! But if I don't buy it now maybe it won't ever be $5 again and I'll miss out on a mediocre shooter! All those generic shooters lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to procrastinate.[/QUOTE]

Welp. Now that the time is here I... I... Guess I'll go for both. Interested in both of them and it's a reasonable price. And even in the event they show up at the same price during the $5 Januarypocalypse I'd only be out $10 total.

Even though that $10 would buy a lot of really awful indie games on Steam.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Welp. Now that the time is here I... I... Guess I'll go for both. Interested in both of them and it's a reasonable price. And even in the event they show up at the same price during the $5 Januarypocalypse I'd only be out $10 total.

Even though that $10 would buy a lot of really awful indie games on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, you gotta be a gambler like me!

Debating NFS:HP and Syndicate.

Might jump on both, but knowing I wont get to either for a while they may drop to at least these prices in the future. Syndicate was like $6 earlier.

[quote name='Eggman']They are very clearly separate quests that you are notified of during the game. They aren't part of the main quest but can be done whenever you want really.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Eggman. I registered them all and will be able to enjoy in about 30 minutes.

.... Bought Syndicate & KOR Amalur.. Maybe I will buy another syndicate copy for my friend. after that I'm done until Christmas.. Tony, we love u

[quote name='Dalrint']Does KoA need origin? I couldn't find anything about it on the product page.[/QUOTE]

My KoA activated on origin, and launches through origin.

[quote name='Dalrint']Does KoA need origin? I couldn't find anything about it on the product page.[/QUOTE]

For some reason Amazon for got to list these details on the complete package page. On the base game page it says this:

DirectX 9.0 compatible; Requires Origin account for installation and activation

Considering that developer just nuked the majority of its' staff and the game being a bomb, I'd bet on seeing it getting cheaper soon.

Bought Arkham Asylum from Amazon today and noticed that it's one of those games that don't show up in my country's Steam store (I'm from Trinidad And Tobago). Will it be safe for me to activate this game on Steam or do I risk getting my account banned? Thanks!

[quote name='chaosking121']Bought Arkham Asylum from Amazon today and noticed that it's one of those games that don't show up in my country's Steam store (I'm from Trinidad And Tobago). Will it be safe for me to activate this game on Steam or do I risk getting my account banned? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Your steam account will be ok....I think the problem you might have is getting the game to run with Games for Windows Live.....which is why it might be restricted from your region

[quote name='60fps']How does the DLC work in KOA:R? If I activate it all at once will it affect the game any different than if I don't? Like, is it incorporated into the main game, or is it something I won't even experience until the main game is over?

I'm just cautious after the Vampire Saints Row 3 thingy.[/QUOTE]

The two DLC's included in the Amazon pack are more or less integrated into the main game, in the sense that they add two new areas, but neither of them affect mechanics or the overall story. You run into new NPC's who tell you about the two different quests, but they just talk about it and give you directions to the new areas. Also one of the DLC's (I think, I'm not 100% sure why it showed up in my game) gives you a special armor set that is available in the first town. It's a cool set for a starting character, especially a build including might aspects, but it's not overpowering and you'll find better armor relatively quickly (5-6 hours in).

Supposedly it's best to do the DLC's nearer to the end of the game so that the items you get are more powerful, but it's probably a good idea to activate them from the start - they are definitely intended to be played before the final boss battle.

Anyone with previous knowledge of the january sale, the games won't be on sale there, no? They will be their regular price, and over that you apply the $5 coupon? :)

[quote name='JostVice']Anyone with previous knowledge of the january sale, the games won't be on sale there, no? They will be their regular price, and over that you apply the $5 coupon? :)[/QUOTE]

Some will be on sale, how much is TBD.

Tony,

I see Amazon has discounted Warlock 75% off; any chance we can get the same discount on its DLC:

http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Return-Download/dp/B009ETPKFS/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Powerful-Online/dp/B007ZU5GWA/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Serpent-Download/dp/B009CCXYSM/ -- Note the page is incorrect for this, it's displaying the base game and its description not the DLC and its description (which is $3 as opposed to the $20 the base game is)

[quote name='JostVice']Anyone with previous knowledge of the january sale, the games won't be on sale there, no? They will be their regular price, and over that you apply the $5 coupon? :)[/QUOTE]

Basing myself on last year sale i would say there will be games with their prices reduced, i got a bunch of free games on January with the coupons, heck i think i didn't spend more than $15.

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I see Amazon has discounted Warlock 75% off; any chance we can get the same discount on its DLC:

http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Return-Download/dp/B009ETPKFS/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Powerful-Online/dp/B007ZU5GWA/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Serpent-Download/dp/B009CCXYSM/ -- Note the page is incorrect for this, it's displaying the base game and its description not the DLC and its description (which is $3 as opposed to the $20 the base game is)[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely bite on some Warlock DLC.

purchased kingdoms of amalur just because i haven't purchased anything yet. but enjoyed the demo, hoping it's a overall good experience. thanks amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back