Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's time for me to finally buckle down and buy that Dreamcast pack. It's only been on sale twenty times or so. :V

[quote name='Idiotekque']Been staring the checkout screen on the 50 pack for like an hour... Ugh, I can't decide. I'll probably never even play them.[/QUOTE]

Ha I'm having the same problem, but I'll probably buy it soon anyway. SO MANY GAMES!! And its only 5 dollars.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']For anyone that has the Dreamcast games on Steam ... are they "HD" versions of the games or are they straight ports? Mainly just wondering if they have widescreen support now since they did not back on the DC.[/QUOTE]

Straight up ports for the Dreamcast Collection (Sonic Adventure DX, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 Pt. 2, Sega Bass Fishing). Here's my notes on them atm. It is lengthy, so beware.

First, you need to run the game once so that it'll create a folder in your Documents directory, usually Users/(Your name here)/My Documents/SEGA

Then go into your Steamapps folder, find the ini file for the game you opened up earlier, and copy it into the game's folder that got created in 'SEGA'. Make your changes through this ini file so that it'll actually apply itself into the game.

HOWEVER...

Your control changes do not take effect until you are past the main start menu in the game. So until then, you will have to press 'Enter' or 'R2' if you're using a Logitech PC Controller. Once inside, things will respond as you set them.

Crazy Taxi

Original Crazy Taxi Controls

After opening the game, an ini file was already available in the Crazy Taxi documents folder. Anyhoo, my changes were as follows...

CONTROL_DESTINATION=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)
CONTROL_DRIVE=2 [changed from 1] (B Button)
CONTROL_REVERSE=1 [changed from 0] (A Button)
CONTROL_START=9 [changed from 7]

------------------------------------------------------

Sega Bass Fishing

Original Sega Bass Fishing Controls

After opening the game, an ini file was already available in the Sega Bass Fishing documents folder. Anyhoo, my changes were as follows...

CONTROL_AREA=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)
CONTROL_CANCEL=2 [changed from 1] (B Button)
CONTROL_CONFIRM=1 [changed from 0] (A Button)

I'm not sure if I should change anything when it comes to reeling.

Sonic Adv. DX

Original Sonic Adventure Controls

There was a Steam topic with all the stuff, but it seems the link died since I last noted it. These other two links might have the same stuff, or at the very least, will point you in the right direction.
Fixed Edition thingy
SADXTweaker

Be sure to back-up your installation before running any of those in case issues occur.

The thing I had was around 795 MB, so there may be something else out there besides those links. I remember that when I tested it, one issue I have with it, is that it displays the intro on the left side of the screen (things go back to normal when you start gameplay though).

You have to start the game itself, and then once inside (when you're fighting Chaos whatsisface), do you set the controls.

Outside of the game, these are the changes I made to the ini file...

CONTROL_ATTACK1=2 [changed from 1] (A Button)
CONTROL_ATTACK2=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)
CONTROL_JUMP=1 [changed from 0] (A Button)

One other issue I noticed is that tabbing out will close the game. >>

Space Channel 5 - Pt. 2

Space Channel 5 Pt. 2 has this for the keyboard controls.
Start = Enter
S = Chu/Confirm [Obviously want to change to Controller A button]
D = Hey/Cancel (Back) [Obviously want to change to Controller B button]

The game did autodetect the PC controller for movement and defaulted R2 for Confirm.

After moving the config file to the documents folder, I set Chu to 1 and Hey to 2. This became Button 2 (A) and Button 3 ( B ) on my Logitech Controller respectively. Start was set to 9 (aka Button 10).

I've seen the suggestion to enable VSync and Triple Buffering in the NVidia Control Panel for this game, so I did that as well.

These notes are from January, so if anything has changed since then, I may not have noticed due to backlog. I also just bought the Gamecube version of Sonic later to not deal with all that hassle. At any rate, don't expect these to look pretty. And after years of playing Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast, it is weird to hear the new music.

[quote name='GamingKnight']Straight up ports for the Dreamcast Collection (Sonic Adventure DX, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 Pt. 2, Sega Bass Fishing). Here's my notes on them atm. It is lengthy, so beware.

First, you need to run the game once so that it'll create a folder in your Documents directory, usually Users/(Your name here)/My Documents/SEGA

Then go into your Steamapps folder, find the ini file for the game you opened up earlier, and copy it into the game's folder that got created in 'SEGA'. Make your changes through this ini file so that it'll actually apply itself into the game.

HOWEVER...

Your control changes do not take effect until you are past the main start menu in the game. So until then, you will have to press 'Enter' or 'R2' if you're using a Logitech PC Controller. Once inside, things will respond as you set them.

Crazy Taxi

Original Crazy Taxi Controls

After opening the game, an ini file was already available in the Crazy Taxi documents folder. Anyhoo, my changes were as follows...

CONTROL_DESTINATION=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)
CONTROL_DRIVE=2 [changed from 1] (B Button)
CONTROL_REVERSE=1 [changed from 0] (A Button)

Sega Bass Fishing

Original Sega Bass Fishing Controls

After opening the game, an ini file was already available in the Sega Bass Fishing documents folder. Anyhoo, my changes were as follows...

CONTROL_AREA=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)

I'm not sure if I should change anything when it comes to reeling.

Sonic Adv. DX

Original Sonic Adventure Controls

There was a Steam topic with all the stuff, but it seems the link died since I last noted it. These other two links might have the same stuff, or at the very least, will point you in the right direction.
Fixed Edition thingy
SADXTweaker

Be sure to back-up your installation before running any of those in case issues occur.

The thing I had was around 795 MB, so there may be something else out there besides those links. I remember that when I tested it, one issue I have with it, is that it displays the intro on the left side of the screen (things go back to normal when you start gameplay though).

You have to start the game itself, and then once inside (when you're fighting Chaos whatsisface), do you set the controls.

Outside of the game, these are the changes I made to the ini file...

CONTROL_ATTACK1=2 [changed from 1] (A Button)
CONTROL_ATTACK2=0 [changed from 2] (X Button)
CONTROL_JUMP=1 [changed from 0] (A Button)

One other issue I noticed is that tabbing out will close the game. >>

Space Channel 5 - Pt. 2

Space Channel 5 Pt. 2 has this for the keyboard controls.
Start = Enter
S = Chu/Confirm [Obviously want to change to Controller A button]
D = Hey/Cancel (Back) [Obviously want to change to Controller B button]

The game did autodetect the PC controller for movement and defaulted R2 for Confirm.

After moving the config file to the documents folder, I set Chu to 1 and Hey to 2. This became Button 2 (A) and Button 3 ( B ) on my Logitech Controller respectively. Start was set to 9 (aka Button 10).

I've seen the suggestion to enable VSync and Triple Buffering in the NVidia Control Panel for this game, so I did that as well.

These notes are from January, so if anything has changed since then, I may not have noticed due to backlog. I also just bought the Gamecube version of Sonic later to not deal with all that hassle. At any rate, don't expect these to look pretty. And after years of playing Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast, it is weird to hear the new music.[/QUOTE]

Jet Set Radio runs at 1920x1200 and looks great and plays just fine. The cell shaded style and flat textures keep it from looking dated. Crazy Taxi runs at 1280x720 and looks a little rough from the resolution but seems to hold up okay, new music is a decent substitute but a little disorienting if you were expecting Offspring. Both support 360 natively with no fuss.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Been staring the checkout screen on the 50 pack for like an hour... Ugh, I can't decide. I'll probably never even play them.[/QUOTE]
I'm with ya. I played the Genesis collection and got 1000GS on the 360, so I doubt I'd come back to these, but I grew up with the genesis and it would be nice to have.. Meh

Does anyone know if the Sonic Action Pack has ever been lower? and sorry if this has been asked I didn't see it in the few pages I read. $25 is a tad steep, but that is a lot of good games...

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'm with ya. I played the Genesis collection and got 1000GS on the 360, so I doubt I'd come back to these, but I grew up with the genesis and it would be nice to have.. Meh[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI for people thinking about double dipping on this pack. It does have a few games in it that were not available in the ultimate genesis collection that was released on consoles.

Not sure if anyone cares, but besides the $5 credit, it looks like extra promotion now is some extras for the F2P game Fiesta, not Runescape and Stronghold Kingdoms like before.

I know what you mean. I know I'll want to potentially play those classics like Phantasy Star, but likely never will.

10 cents a game..you know you wanna :)

Any chance of a price match on steams big picture sale. Specifically Hell Yeah for 3.74? I'd like to pick that up from amazon instead, for the 5 dollar promo credit and all

Hey Tony, Steam is having a Big Picture Mode celebration sale, with various titles up to 75% off. I think we should have a Tony celebration sale in response.

[quote name='Point Man']Tony, are you gonna put any of the Lego games back up for sale to match Steam? DO EEET![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Hey Tony, Steam is having a Big Picture Mode celebration sale, with various titles up to 75% off. I think we should have a Tony celebration sale in response.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've got time too, unlike having to rush to meet a fast deadline, this particular sale is static. it doesn't end until the 10th, and there aren't any rotating prices.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Any chance of a price match on steams big picture sale. Specifically Hell Yeah for 3.74? I'd like to pick that up from amazon instead, for the 5 dollar promo credit and all[/QUOTE]

And how about that Pimp My Rabbit DLC? Seems fitting with the current Dreamcast sale.

"Unlocks 58 new masks and 11 new driller skins, some of which based on classic SEGA franchises such as Shinobi, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi and more!"

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Any chance of a price match on steams big picture sale. Specifically Hell Yeah for 3.74? I'd like to pick that up from amazon instead, for the 5 dollar promo credit and all[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, if pricematch is done, could you please, Tony, put here the links of the games matched?

Sometimes is really hard to find then on the store. You have to search over all discounted games and filter which ones are matched.

Thanks.

[quote name='ruuin']+1

Also, if pricematch is done, could you please, Tony, put here the links of the games matched?

Sometimes is really hard to find then on the store. You have to search over all discounted games and filter which ones are matched.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+2

I guess they are working on that, some articles already have the discount.

The Amazing Spiderman $25 (-50%)
Alan Wake $7.5 (-75%)

Hmm, the Amazon Sine Mora page doesn't mention Steam so I'm guessing it won't come with a Steam key... but if it does I'd love a price match on that. Also hoping for a price match on the discounted Magicka DLCs as well: Dungeons and Daemons, The Other Side of the Coin, and The Stars Are Left :)

[quote name='glyph42']Hmm, the Amazon Sine Mora page doesn't mention Steam so I'm guessing it won't come with a Steam key... but if it does I'd love a price match on that. Also hoping for a price match on the discounted Magicka DLCs as well: Dungeons and Daemons, The Other Side of the Coin, and The Stars Are Left :)[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'd like to pick up Dungeons and Daemons from Amazon after pricematched, it's the only DLC I'm missing.

[quote name='glyph42']Hmm, the Amazon Sine Mora page doesn't mention Steam so I'm guessing it won't come with a Steam key... but if it does I'd love a price match on that. Also hoping for a price match on the discounted Magicka DLCs as well: Dungeons and Daemons, The Other Side of the Coin, and The Stars Are Left :)[/QUOTE]

It actually does say "Requires Steam Client to activate." As I know there is no non-Steam version on PC.

Is Amazon Digital ever going to carry Lego Star Wars PC? They have the Mac version and I checked to see if it was Steamplay but as far as I can tell it is not.

[quote name='ruuin']+1

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

great_idea_edit.jpg

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, I'd like to pick up Dungeons and Daemons from Amazon after pricematched, it's the only DLC I'm missing.[/QUOTE]
come_out_edit.jpg

Make him come out! There are deals to be postin'!

[quote name='espy605']It actually does say "Requires Steam Client to activate." As I know there is no non-Steam version on PC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I missed that... was looking for the DRM line at the top of the page and guess I forgot to do a search for Steam on the page.

Thanks Tony & the Hamsters for the price match on Sine Mora!

Here are some price-matching's I think I've found (All Steam):

-Sonic Generations [Download] – $7.5.
-Magicka [Download] – $2.5.
-Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code] – $1.5.
-Magicka Collection [Download] – $5. Not includes all DLC
-Supreme Commander 2 [Download] – $4.99. --> This isn't a Price-matching, but ...
-Alan Wake [Download] – $7.50.
-Alan Wake Extras DLC [Online Game Code] – $2.5.
-Alan Wake’s American Nightmare [Download] – $3.75.
-Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West [Download] – $2.49.
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron [Download] – $29.99.
-Transformers Fall of Cybertron Massive Fury Pack [Download] – $4.99.
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DINOBOT Destructor Pack [Online Game Code] – $4.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man [Download] – $24.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man DLC Bundle [Download] – $5.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Rhino Challenge [Download] – $1.49.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Lizard Rampage Pack [Download] – $1.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Stan Lee Adventure Pack [Download] – $1.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack [Download] – $1.49.

Sorry for no posting links, I'm in a hurry and I'm going to sleep now.

Hope it helps.

[quote name='ruuin']Here are some price-matching's I think I've found (All Steam):

-Sonic Generations [Download] – $7.5.
-Magicka [Download] – $2.5.
-Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code] – $1.5.
-Magicka Collection [Download] – $5. Not includes all DLC
-Supreme Commander 2 [Download] – $4.99. --> This isn't a Price-matching, but ...
-Alan Wake [Download] – $7.50.
-Alan Wake Extras DLC [Online Game Code] – $2.5.
-Alan Wake’s American Nightmare [Download] – $3.75.
-Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West [Download] – $2.49.
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron [Download] – $29.99.
-Transformers Fall of Cybertron Massive Fury Pack [Download] – $4.99.
-Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DINOBOT Destructor Pack [Online Game Code] – $4.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man [Download] – $24.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man DLC Bundle [Download] – $5.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Rhino Challenge [Download] – $1.49.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Lizard Rampage Pack [Download] – $1.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Stan Lee Adventure Pack [Download] – $1.99.
-The Amazing Spider-Man Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack [Download] – $1.49.

Sorry for no posting links, I'm in a hurry and I'm going to sleep now.

Hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on hell yeah, one of the dlc's was PM'd so far

[quote name='glyph42']Thanks! I missed that... was looking for the DRM line at the top of the page and guess I forgot to do a search for Steam on the page.
[/QUOTE]

I think there is some unwritten rule of Amazon digital that they can't put the DRM in the same spot twice. :p

Actually, I think this spot is the current default but it's just that there's still a lot of older pages that have it further down in that sort of grid thing or not at all.

Personally, I was always fond of the big yellow 'PAY ATTENTION!' sign that was front and center and said basically 'This is the Steam version. If you want the Non-Steam version go here' or vice versa.

That one was hard to miss. The current one is kind of easy to miss, at least until you train yourself to look for it there every time and they are more consistent about actually having it there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, hamsters are running, just taking forever.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will the hamsters be matching Hell Yeah! ? It still looks to be 14.99

I've actually been reading reviews on Hell Yeah and questioning my potential purchase. If the hamsters ran faster I probably just would have insta-bought without thinking. Hamsters are costing Amazon money!

Thanks for posting the already-matched stuff, ruuin. I am going to buy as many matched items through Amazon this Wednesday (payday) as possible to put food on Tony's table. That or fund his lunch because there's an awesome Mexican food truck outside one of Amazon's offices (next to my doctor's office actually).

[quote name='Mooby']I've actually been reading reviews on Hell Yeah and questioning my potential purchase. If the hamsters ran faster I probably just would have insta-bought without thinking. Hamsters are costing Amazon money![/QUOTE]

There is a demo on steam, and it seemed pretty fun (besides the disgustingly obvious attempt to be a ridiculous as possible :roll:). Therefore, I'll pick it up if the hammies can PM it.

In light of the weak reviews, 66 Metacritic score, and that fact that it will be $2.50 and/or in an indie bundle before you can say psychobunnies, I think I'll hold off.

Does look amusing though.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']There is a demo on steam, and it seemed pretty fun (besides the disgustingly obvious attempt to be a ridiculous as possible :roll:). Therefore, I'll pick it up if the hammies can PM it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I played it a bit seemed pretty solid. I'll probably grab it although I'm currently buried in an avalanche of games. But I guess that's to be expected since I stockpile stuff every six months during the big sales then get basically nothing in between.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for posting the already-matched stuff, ruuin. I am going to buy as many matched items through Amazon this Wednesday (payday) as possible to put food on Tony's table. That or fund his lunch because there's an awesome Mexican food truck outside one of Amazon's offices (next to my doctor's office actually).[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you ever want to grab a burrito!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']In light of the weak reviews, 66 Metacritic score, and that fact that it will be $2.50 and/or in an indie bundle before you can say psychobunnies, I think I'll hold off.

Does look amusing though.[/QUOTE]

Sega is publishing, though. So will it end up in a bundle anytime soon?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other examples of Sega published indies finding their way into bundles.

Of course I also can't come up with many examples of Sega published indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back