Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, you can all be my assistant right now if you want to help out.

If you ordered something and didn't get a $5 promo email, please PM me your order ID so I can have the team look at it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM with two order ID, I hope it would get resolved soon. :)

1. has anyone played the amazing spiderman? I might get it
edit: no care for controllers here btw

2. how much you guys think BF3 premium will be off?

So I decide to bite on Hell Yeah (mostly just for more promo credits), so I type Hell Yeah into the search bar and this one of the first results:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-On-Her-Tr...UTF8&qid=1354672728&sr=8-4&keywords=hell+yeah

51eof-uzCBL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

"Jacob McCoy wishes for a wife and a family. Tis the Season for miracles when a young woman shows up on his doorstep: homeless, in danger and expecting a child - Jacob's child. Their relationship is complicated by the fact that, A - they've never met before and B - she's a virgin. Jessie is determined not to be a burden to the McCoy family. As far as she's concerned, she is just passing through. Jacob has a different opinion - he wants Jessie in his life, in his bed and in his heart."

[quote name='Idiotekque']So I decide to bite on Hell Yeah (mostly just for more promo credits), so I type Hell Yeah into the search bar and this one of the first results:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-On-Her-Tr...UTF8&qid=1354672728&sr=8-4&keywords=hell+yeah

51eof-uzCBL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

"Jacob McCoy wishes for a wife and a family. Tis the Season for miracles when a young woman shows up on his doorstep: homeless, in danger and expecting a child - Jacob's child. Their relationship is complicated by the fact that, A - they've never met before and B - she's a virgin. Jessie is determined not to be a burden to the McCoy family. As far as she's concerned, she is just passing through. Jacob has a different opinion - he wants Jessie in his life, in his bed and in his heart."[/QUOTE]

I saw that too today! I went Hmm, not quite the Hell Yeah I was looking for.

Could make for an interesting game though...

[quote name='Idiotekque']So I decide to bite on Hell Yeah (mostly just for more promo credits), so I type Hell Yeah into the search bar and this one of the first results:

"Jacob McCoy wishes for a wife and a family. Tis the Season for miracles when a young woman shows up on his doorstep: homeless, in danger and expecting a child - Jacob's child. Their relationship is complicated by the fact that, A - they've never met before and B - she's a virgin. Jessie is determined not to be a burden to the McCoy family. As far as she's concerned, she is just passing through. Jacob has a different opinion - he wants Jessie in his life, in his bed and in his heart."[/QUOTE]

Steamworks? How's the DLC?

Sorry, I'll see myself out...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Steamworks? How's the DLC?

Sorry, I'll see myself out...[/QUOTE]

I got the DLC..it was long and hard. Very much worth the effort....you need to play it at length to take it all in.

[quote name='Larce80']what ever happened to the fabled 1c bundle anyway?[/QUOTE]

I bet it's as Fabled as a Fable 2 PC port, by now... ;)

[quote name='kidrocklive']What is this promotional credit everybody keep referring to? I saw nothing in the OP.[/QUOTE]

scroll down on a game page will show

Special Offers and Product Promotions

• Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='kidrocklive']What is this promotional credit everybody keep referring to? I saw nothing in the OP.[/QUOTE]
You get $5 credit to use against certain games during Jan 2013. (One $5 credit per purchase, credit does work with games that are on sale.)

More details here.

E: Beaten.

[quote name='inm8num2']Tony's Christmas gift to us all will be the 1C bundle. Just wait...[/QUOTE]

sitting right there next to a wrapped box titled - bethesda...:D

[quote name='Larce80']1. has anyone played the amazing spiderman? I might get it
edit: no care for controllers here btw

2. how much you guys think BF3 premium will be off?[/QUOTE]

Played it and completed it with a 360 controller. The game was pretty *meh* the main quest was fine, but the side quests are VERY samey and get boring quick.

I would wait until a sub $10 price personally (and that is from a Marvel fanboy)

Anyone know if they plan to release more Hell Yeah DLC? I feel like I could wait for a complete bundle.

[quote name='asheskitty']box? *confused* action figure?[/QUOTE]

The joke is that Bethesda games aren't offered digitally via Amazon yet, and so maybe that's another Xmas gift to us.

[quote name='60fps']Anyone know if they plan to release more Hell Yeah DLC? I feel like I could wait for a complete bundle.[/QUOTE]

Suppose it's possible but since the game 'flopped' and is already at 75% off it would surprise me. The two existing DLC seem pretty lackluster as it is with one being just a pack of cosmetic items and the other being time trial/challenges.

Are we actually supposed to be able to see the credits somewhere? Or are they only going t show up/apply in January.
I checked the link, but last I remember some people could see their credits and others not... do I have that wrong?
I have a few emails from Amazon saying I will have credits, but I currently have $0.00 in all the balance boxes.

[quote name='60fps']Anyone know the link to the editors choice games? I'm curious to see if anything was added.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't here. Have they added stuff in previous years?

[quote name='glennfrank']Are we actually supposed to be able to see the credits somewhere? Or are they only going t show up/apply in January.
I checked the link, but last I remember some people could see their credits and others not... do I have that wrong?
I have a few emails from Amazon saying I will have credits, but I currently have $0.00 in all the balance boxes.[/QUOTE]

I see credits from that link, but I think they're all the bonus money for the free-to-play games, and not the $5 Jan 2013 credits.

[quote name='Mooby']Yes -- they can (and probably will) add some more stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, last year Tony was still adding stuff to the list halfway through January. So there's still plenty of time.

Good thing too. I already have 7 promo credits and there's only 3 things on the current list that I don't already have & want to buy.

[quote name='drock']http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000728511[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Still the same so far it seems.

[quote name='Mooby']Suppose it's possible but since the game 'flopped' and is already at 75% off it would surprise me. The two existing DLC seem pretty lackluster as it is with one being just a pack of cosmetic items and the other being time trial/challenges.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked the demo, but I'd rather buy it all together for like $5 or so. I dunno if t being discounted so early means much these days. I mean, what game isn't doing a 1-month later discount?

I was fully against buying Hell Yeah, but the one of the worst reviews on it was from IGN (ooh, better listen to them) and their biggest/only complaint was that the controls were "floaty" and that the sprawling maps were boring. Then I heard someone comment on how tight the controls were. Makes sense.

I'm scrounging for cheap games to get more coupons, so I figured it was worth a shot. Seems to be a lot of goodies and customization to the game, and that's a fetish of mine...

[quote name='glennfrank']Are we actually supposed to be able to see the credits somewhere? Or are they only going t show up/apply in January.
I have a few emails from Amazon saying I will have credits, but I currently have $0.00 in all the balance boxes.[/QUOTE]

Some of us are in the same boat. For some people it seems to be showing in their account now, for others not. Tony assured us the credit would all be sorted through by January so nothing to do but wait and see.

I know I got some promo email notifications, but nothing about any free to play bonus credit. But I believe I had already DLed and connected my account for Stronghold Kingdoms and something else so that may explain that one.

I played the PSN demo for Hell Yeah. Didn't really like it. Levels did feel sprawling and controls did feel floaty. It wasn't bad enough for me to stop playing, but there was very little in it that drew me in. So I'll probably be passing. Already have enough platformers between all these indie bundles.

Well, the downfalls of Hell Yeah quickly become apparent. Either you play it with a KB/M, or you can't jump and aim/shoot at the same time.

Jump is mapped to the A button, aiming is the right stick. Do the math. For some strange reason certain controller buttons are changeable, but the jump button is not. The developer made a big mistake there. It's that problem alone that's fueling a lot of the negative reviews. If the jump button was mapped to the left trigger (like... 99 Levels to Hell), this wouldn't be an issue at all. Yet another reason instance of developers making games and not playing them. A control issue this game-breaking, obvious, and ridiculously easy to fix should have been corrected before the game was released.

Looks like it's time to figure out how JoyToKey works again...

Obviously the developer is a big proponent of the the ClawGrip (TM).
Ring Finger: RT
Middle Finger: RB
Index Finger: A/B/X/Y
Thumb: Right Stick/R3

[quote name='asheskitty']Ring Finger: RT
Middle Finger: RB
Index Finger: A/B/X/Y
Thumb: Right Stick/R3
Genitalia: Start/Select[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for you.

[quote name='asheskitty']Negative. That might work if you have dangly bits, need verification.[/QUOTE]
It's a very niche controller. Kind of like Hell Yeah is only for people with two thumbs on their right hand.

[quote name='asheskitty']Negative. That might work if you have dangly bits, need verification.[/QUOTE]

It is very hard to use dangly bits to control any games that aren't for Kinect.

Ok, I haven't played the demo since the game released, but I didn't remember having a problem with the controls even though I do think I remember them being like you've all said. I just don't remember having to jump and shoot for some reason. I'll download it again and see, but either way, I still won't buy this until I see that they aren't releasing any more unannounced DLC.

Hell, I haven't even bought Sonic Generations yet because of this. I hate buying base games at one price only to see the complete version come out at the same price right after.

Edit: Ok, I played through again. I guess I forgot about the shooting since there was only one real opportunity to use it. I don't think the game is intended to have you shoot and jump at any time though. In the video that advertises the game after the demo the character is always in one place shooting. It didn't rely on shooting in the demo area so I wouldn't worry about it.

Pretty much every review I've read brings the aim/jump point up as a massive issue. It's a really fast paced and difficult game as you progress from the looks of it, so while you can probably keep it simple in the demo, I doubt that stays the same...

Got my promo credit email for hell yeah. Maybe it was just delayed or maybe tony pushed it through. Either way I have it now and paddington does not lol

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hi you must be new. Amazon doesn't price match international sites.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. I am relatively new, and I was also completely unaware that gamersgate was an international site. Thanks for the clarification.

Again, as apparently one of the few people who actually played Hell Yeah on PC to completion, I'll weigh in. One of the things about jumping in that game is that the wheel is basically also a jetpack, so the jump is pretty significant, allowing you a little time to switch over to the stick and fire off a few missles/bullets. Throughout the game, though, it's really not a necessary function. There are plenty of opportunities to sit in place and shoot at whatever monster you are killing as you see their patterns. I guess I didn't notice that oversight as much as some other people.

bought Hell Yeah, and the missions DLC and got 10 dollars in credits. Wow.
Ummm, Tony, I received 4 $5 promo codes after purchasing these. (should've just received 2)

Also, is there any chance that you can carry this as a Steam code or even just drm free download?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Got my promo credit email for hell yeah. Maybe it was just delayed or maybe tony pushed it through. Either way I have it now and paddington does not lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got mine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back