Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']>.< More games I already own. I think I picked up AP (DRM-FREE) for $4 on GG earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

I bought it around release for $30 or so at Retail from Best Buy.

Tony,

Are there any chances for Tomb Raider bundle, and or carrying the extra tomb raider games that just got released on steam? I know you have done Square deals before so just wondering. Might be in best interest too for Square, since their new Tomb Raider game is coming out in March, so nice hype and exposure for the series!

Thanks!

[quote name='joshuatly']Just curious, does the $5 amazon promo stack on January? Or only can get $5 off each 2012 Editor's Choice game?[/QUOTE]

They don't stack.

This seriously needs to be in the OP or something. It's starting to get asked more than if EA games activate on Steam and that's saying something.

Man I am hot under the collar. Just finished downloading Crysis 2 and found out I had to activate it on Origin! WTH, why won't it work on Steam?

lol

[quote name='Motoki']They don't stack.

This seriously needs to be in the OP or something. It's starting to get asked more than if EA games activate on Steam and that's saying something.[/QUOTE]

Do the 5 dollar credits activate on steam? Can I use more than one and add it to my steam wallet to stack so that I can get free games from Origin?

There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who by the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.

FrauFarbissina.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who buy the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.[/QUOTE]

The nitwit shoulda bought it on GoG then.

[quote name='Motoki']There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who by the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.[/QUOTE]
Germans who live in America aren't allowed to buy from Amazon? o_O Wow, it's kinda ironic that Amazon are being such nazis. How far does Amazon's policy extend on this? Are Japanese people in America allowed to use Amazon? Black people? :bouncy:

Perhaps Tony could update the OP with a list of Amazon's discriminations. :applause:

And why aren't more people discussing the fact that Amazon have matched Steam's $5 Hotline Miami offer? Buy buy buy!
(I'm waiting for about $4.32-$4.35 personally)

There's no reason to buy Hotline Miami right now unless you absolutely MUST play it right now. It's eligible for the $5 promotion in January, so even if it has no sale, it will still be $5 after a coupon.

If it DOES go on sale, even a minor sale, it will be under $5 obviously, and if it hits 50% off again, it will be free. Hence, wait!

[quote name='PenguinJim']Germans who live in America aren't allowed to buy from Amazon? o_O Wow, it's kinda ironic that Amazon are being such nazis. How far does Amazon's policy extend on this? Are Japanese people in America allowed to use Amazon? Black people? :bouncy:

Perhaps Tony could update the OP with a list of Amazon's discriminations. :applause:

And why aren't more people discussing the fact that Amazon have matched Steam's $5 Hotline Miami offer? Buy buy buy!
(I'm waiting for about $4.32-$4.35 personally)
[/QUOTE]

I think Tony is a wee bit busy.

It's not Amazon's fault. Complying with German laws is a good bit of extra work. Obviously Amazon made a business decision not to dedicate resources to that yet.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I don't think ANY store checks your nationality before you buy, do they? They might check what region you're in, but that's slightly different...[/QUOTE]

I don't imagine there will be a ton of people who are residing in the US writing a review for a US based store in German.

Anyway it's no big secret that a bunch of Europeans routinely use fake addresses to buy games from Amazon US DD. It's all over RPS and a bunch of other sites where people freely admit to doing it and advise others to do the same.

It was an assumption on my part yes but a likely assumption. I'm sorry if that seems to bother you.

Tony, any chance we'll see a sale on XCOM before Christmas? I've decided it will make the perfect gift for a friend of mine, assuming I can get it at the right price. :)

[quote name='Motoki']I don't imagine there will be a ton of people who are residing in the US writing a review for a US based store in German.

Anyway it's no big secret that a bunch of Europeans routinely use fake addresses to buy games from Amazon US DD. It's all over RPS and a bunch of other sites where people freely admit to doing it and advise others to do the same.

It was an assumption on my part yes but a likely assumption. I'm sorry if that seems to bother you.[/QUOTE]

You do seem to be going out of your way to make up things over which to attack that nitwit ('their first language is German. They MUST be in Germany! They should not use Amazon!'; 'I can't imagine someone in the US writing a review in German!'; 'Other people use fake addresses on Amazon. THIS PERSON MUST BE DOING THAT TOO!').

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to judge them based on the facts? Can't we tease them about complaining that a game download comes as a Steam key (and to be fair, Amazon don't actually advertise that fact).

Then again, this is the Internet. What better place for stereotypes and baseless attacks? ;)

I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.

[quote name='PenguinJim']You do seem to be going out of your way to make up things over which to attack that nitwit ('their first language is German. They MUST be in Germany! They should not use Amazon!'; 'I can't imagine someone in the US writing a review in German!'; 'Other people use fake addresses on Amazon. THIS PERSON MUST BE DOING THAT TOO!').

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to judge them based on the facts? Can't we tease them about complaining that a game download comes as a Steam key (and to be fair, Amazon don't actually advertise that fact).

Then again, this is the Internet. What better place for stereotypes and baseless attacks? ;)[/QUOTE]

Guys, I don't know if I'm just tired, but the debate going down here is striking me as tremendously dumb.

Its funny because Motoki already apologized for it. Anyway that German review did give me a laugh

Let this subject end there.

[quote name='Daykain']I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Amazon plans to have a better price in the future. What I don't get is why Sine Mora was in the casual section. I was fortunate to scroll down low enough to see it on the page.

[quote name='Daykain']I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

here's a vote for this as well.

[quote name='InsertUserNameHere']Tony,
Is Amazon getting this?
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3990

Alice: Madness Returns – The Complete Collection includes:
Alice: Madness Returns
Original 2000 PC Game American McGee’s Alice
Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's the first time I've seen a pack like that other than the Origin deal ages ago. The Weapon/Dress DLC comes with the game anyway, you just need to edit the config file to unlock it.. but the remastered version of the original game was impossible to get after the Origin deal ended.

Hi guys,

I want to add something to the discussion above: There has been a thread on Neogaf (I think) about upcoming deals where someone from Amazon.com (if not Tony) stated that everyone who isn't located in the US may create a fake adress in order to buy digital deals from amazon.com.
So I don't see the point why customers from let's say Germany shouldn't do so. I mean keys for steam (bought from a retailer) in the US are region free which means, they can activate them in Germany or any other country. (unless a uncut-version is not activateable in Germany)
All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.

[quote name='Streetie']Hi guys,

I want to add something to the discussion above: There has been a thread on Neogaf (I think) about upcoming deals where someone from Amazon.com (if not Tony) stated that everyone who isn't located in the US may create a fake adress in order to buy digital deals from amazon.com.
So I don't see the point why customers from let's say Germany shouldn't do so. I mean keys for steam (bought from a retailer) in the US are region free which means, they can activate them in Germany or any other country. (unless a uncut-version is not activateable in Germany)
All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.[/QUOTE]

I just don't like that it's also an unfair way for people to dodge paying taxes. I have to pay them in PA, but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.

[quote name='60fps']If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.[/QUOTE]

Now you know how we in the EU feel all the time with the higher prices xD

but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

Please consider that you still have to pay less than the ones in Europe for the exact same product. If you think it is unfair, shouldn't Germans feel the same way about their local prices?
But I actually don't want to argue about that, I just think that people in the US would do the same if things would be cheaper in Europe.

To PenguinJim: You seem to want to be offended and argue. Again, I'm sorry that making likely assumptions bothers you. I know that being a US resident I go to US only (officially) sites and make posts in languages other than English all the time. :roll:

But as you said, it's the internet and people like to argue.

Since however I am tired of arguing with you, off to the ignore list you go!

[quote name='Streetie']Hi guys,

All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't seen that but it's a bit ridiculous. If they legitimately want to sell to people elsewhere then have them open their site up, you know do those pesky official things like sign contracts and comply with local laws etc. Don't tell people not to buy it and then have the Amazon rep going 'PSST come around the back alley and I'll sell it to ya'!'

[quote name='60fps']I just don't like that it's also an unfair way for people to dodge paying taxes. I have to pay them in PA, but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a post on another forum where some non US people were saying 'Oh no don't use California. It has tax. Use Oregon. They don't get charged any tax'.

It makes me feel like a chump sitting here living in Washington state paying Amazon sales tax all the time, especially if a representative from Amazon is allegedly telling people to go and use fake addresses. Why can't I use a fake Oregon address too then?

And with that I think I shall bow out of this thread for a while and probably should not have even come back.

Tired of arguing, if Tony or whoever else from Amazon wants to tell internationals they can use fake addresses instead of actually getting their site setup to sell to those places then fine go for it. Have fun with that.

And yes Amazon STILL needs to get their shit together and put the DRM on the pages because that is one of the most important criteria that gamers want to know. I had been giving them a pass on existing games because I thought going forward they knew this now and would be adding it to new pages. Hotline Miami is new so guess not.

It still doesn't excuse someone from 1 starring something because it requires Steam and I'm a bit fed up with seeing that sort of nonsense.

THE END

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be the one apologizing. I have to live with so many negative prejudices about American arrogance, rudeness and bigotry that I feel that we should be doing better than that. So when I saw you needlessly make a supposition purely to make a criticism of someone (not for humor, or information, but apparently just out of spite), I felt that it was worth pointing out.

(Edit: I travel a lot. And the experience is quite different if I pretend to be Canadian. ;))

Does Amazon have problems with database or something? I purchased Total War bundle yesterday, but none of my keys show in Library. Many refreshes later and keys were displayed only once, but obviously not TW ones, as these showed only the yellow button.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Guys, I don't know if I'm just tired, but the debate going down here is striking me as tremendously dumb.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is.

I don't think Tony or Amazon have been suggesting to use fake addresses. I believe what somebody once said, not sure if it was Tony because this was like more than 6 months ago, was *to use US addresses*.

One more time, *US addresses*. Realize that if you use fake addresses Amazon might flag your account for suspicious activity, even block it.

Now, so far so good, not much is lost if that happens, right? What you gotta realize is that if you use fake addresses with credit card purchases you are incurring in CC fraud, that is an entirely different beast that might get you in trouble.

And if to top things, you commit fraud to evade taxes, please, do I have to tell you the kind of problems you are asking for??

So, don't be fools, if anyone out there is reading this, yes, it can be done, everybody knows it can be done, it's just that there is a safe way to do it and a stupid way to do it, it's up to you which one you will choose.

PS
Right now it's not clear how will purchasing out of region keys work on steam, with all the SSA changes and all, contact Steam support first with this question about how they feel about you activating "gifted" keys for games that are not available for your region.

Many of the people on this forum are (unknowingly?) committing tax fraud by not paying use taxes for online purchases whenever the vendor does not collect sales tax, per their state tax laws.

[quote name='vherub'] Many of the people on this forum are (unknowingly?) committing tax fraud by not paying use taxes for online purchases whenever the vendor does not collect sales tax, per their state tax laws. [/QUOTE]

I had a small business for a few years, which leads to some increased potential scrutiny from the state on my taxes. I fill out the section of my return and pay the standard use tax amount to Oklahoma every year. (They have an option for paying a standard estimated amount rather than needing to add up every little purchase. I think it was around $21 for me last year.)

It's hard to claim that not paying was unknowing when there is a section on the standard tax form that asks yes-or-no if you have out-of-state purchases that you have not paid sales tax on.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have Eve Online for $4.99 for you MMOers out there. Right now there's nothing else planned though, most of our big deals will start again closer to Christmas.

What are you talking about?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

sorry was referring to 2012 Editor's game award. but my fault, it's not even available until january 2013. sorry.

[quote name='vince_carter']tony, why aren't you allowed buy PCDD games from the amazon app or the mobile website? i'm always at work when you do the friday deals[/QUOTE]

Just change the view to full site. Problem solved.

[quote name='vherub'] Many of the people on this forum are (unknowingly?) committing tax fraud by not paying use taxes for online purchases whenever the vendor does not collect sales tax, per their state tax laws. [/QUOTE]

I was just about to point out the same.

And you don't save nearly as much money as hiring an accountant to funnel your millions of dollars through offshore tax havens, in a legal manner. Of course if you don't have millions of dollars and an accountant, you probably have a broken moral compass. :lol:

[quote name='yangwenli']I don't even see a Gamespot Black Friday episode for today :([/QUOTE]

I don't see any hype on Twitter too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back