Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='InsertUserNameHere']Tony,
Is Amazon getting this?
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3990

Alice: Madness Returns – The Complete Collection includes:
Alice: Madness Returns
Original 2000 PC Game American McGee’s Alice
Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Wow, that's the first time I've seen a pack like that other than the Origin deal ages ago. The Weapon/Dress DLC comes with the game anyway, you just need to edit the config file to unlock it.. but the remastered version of the original game was impossible to get after the Origin deal ended.[/QUOTE]

Yes we'll have that :) should go up soon.

[quote name='Daykain']I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='60fps']Maybe Amazon plans to have a better price in the future. What I don't get is why Sine Mora was in the casual section. I was fortunate to scroll down low enough to see it on the page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wilflare']here's a vote for this as well.[/QUOTE]

PM COMING IN HOT!

[quote name='G_freemanX']SO, for next week, just Eve online and Hitman Absolution are going to be on sale?..[/QUOTE]

We'll also have Madden 08, Plants vs. Zombies, and NHL 09 for $3.49 each.

[quote name='yangwenli']I don't even see a Gamespot Black Friday episode for today :([/QUOTE]

Yeah that's why I've been so scarce :( I've been working on getting the show together, unfortunately we had to cancel the show. Lamesauce.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='vince_carter']tony, why aren't you allowed buy PCDD games from the amazon app or the mobile website? i'm always at work when you do the friday deals[/QUOTE]

It is a back end thing that is still being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Motoki']And yes Amazon STILL needs to get their shit together and put the DRM on the pages because that is one of the most important criteria that gamers want to know. I had been giving them a pass on existing games because I thought going forward they knew this now and would be adding it to new pages. Hotline Miami is new so guess not.
[/QUOTE]

1. I don't disagree that this info is important, that's why I spent almost a year getting it implemented on the page :).

2. Adding DRM identification to pages is now part of our SOP (standard operating procedure), it is still a human process though, so some stuff gets missed (Hotline Miami).

3. As for getting retroactive, this is in the plans for 2013, we didn't get this functionality in place until just before we hit our huge promotional season so when prioritizing things I have to spend my pre-November/December resources running down deals, scheduling them, creating emails to promote them, talk to you guys about them, etc.

Again, this is a big focus for us, but things aren't going to get cleaned up until after the New Year for sure.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='yangwenli']Oh, any reason for the cancel of the show? Just not much help?[/QUOTE]

No, the show rocks (especially from the digital side), we just had a bear of a time running down enough deals to fill the show. It was a function of being just after Black Friday and just before Digital Holiday.

BTW, I have some really cool promotions cooked up for the time period surrounding Christmas. More deets to come.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes we'll have that :) should go up soon.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Please discount it so cheap that I won't feel bad about buying Madness Returns twice just so I can get the extras.

Sorry to hear about your show falling through.

Sad to hear the Gamespot show cancelled, I hope you'll be able to come up with more shows in the future Tony.

Also anyone knows if "Check VS Mate" on Amazon is a Steam key? If not what's the DRM on it?

[quote name='DropZite']Sad to hear the Gamespot show cancelled, I hope you'll be able to come up with more shows in the future Tony.

Also anyone knows if "Check VS Mate" on Amazon is a Steam key? If not what's the DRM on it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been interested in that game and would like to know this as well.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It is a back end thing that is still being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Weirdly, the solution to buy stuff on mobile is to click 'full site' on the bottom

Re: Alice Bundle

I purchased the collection thing on PS3 a few weeks back because I didn't think the PC would ever get a complete bundle again. Wish I had waited...

[quote name='Patch517']Any word on if Football Manager 2013 will be going on sale soon?[/QUOTE]

GMG will have it for 35% off on Sunday 9th Dec (about $26 - which is what I paid on pre order from them)

[quote name='Corpekata']Is it bad that I can't tell if that Madden 08 and NHL 09 deal is a joke or not?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's no joke[/QUOTE]

Clearly Corpekata wasn't around when we were putting together the NHL/Madden bundle and CAGS were sharpening their pitchforks and rattling sabres about how we didn't have the products up for sale :).

[quote name='Zipomatic2']GMG will have it for 35% off on Sunday 9th Dec (about $26 - which is what I paid on pre order from them)[/QUOTE]

We'll have it for 50% off around Christmas.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='georgebot84']So, Any chance of getting the Gamefly deals PMed?[/QUOTE]

Tony - I noticed you have not answered this question a couple of times.. are you avoiding it?

[quote name='Fozbot']Tony - I noticed you have not answered this question a couple of times.. are you avoiding it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm not sure what you're referencing. Can you toss me some links?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='fignutz32']
[/QUOTE]

Lol, you rock.

[quote name='sunasun']http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Nail'd/5005022/

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Prison-Break-The-Conspiracy/5005024/

would happily use the amazon gift card I just won from Omipatrick[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, not sure how i missed those. We won't be matching them though, if you're interested in picking them up I'd do it from Gamefly, we're still negotiating our holiday deals with Deep Silver. Glad you pointed it out though I'd have hated people to miss out on the deals :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DropZite']
Also anyone knows if "Check VS Mate" on Amazon is a Steam key? If not what's the DRM on it?[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Since it seems no one knows the DRM for this game, can you shed some light to it? Is it Steam? DRM-Free?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes we'll have that :) should go up soon.
[/QUOTE]
@TONY

Since you're planning to include the original American McGee's Alice (2000) in the Alice: Madness Returns - Complete Collection....
...Do you know if you at Amazon DVG and EA have plans to also sell ALL ALONE the original American McGee's Alice?

I already own Alice: Madness Returns (from Retail).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, you rock.

Ah thanks, not sure how i missed those. We won't be matching them though, if you're interested in picking them up I'd do it from Gamefly, we're still negotiating our holiday deals with Deep Silver. Glad you pointed it out though I'd have hated people to miss out on the deals :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Carcassonne is also on sale for $1.99 after applying the Gamefly NOV20OFF coupon code. There was a discussion about this game either here or in the Steam thread where people were wishing for a Steam version (still a no go) but I think I will bite now since Tony will not be price matching.

Thanks for your bazillion other awesome deals though Tony!

[quote name='Idiotekque']@Tony: Any chance of a repeat sale on Spec Ops: The Line in the winter sale?[/QUOTE]

Kind of, we won't have it a la carte but we'll have some bundles that are interesting.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Kind of, we won't have it a la carte but we'll have some bundles that are interesting.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Is there any chance you could at least put it ala carte on sale for a not so great price? Like $7.49?

A friend is hounding me to get it for him as payment for a router he's "lent" me, so I'm trying to pick up a second copy.

Thanks for the response anyways. Maybe I'll be able to bum it off someone when that bundle rolls along.

EDIT: Gosh, Amazon download speeds are killing me. I literally can't download anything from Amazon servers. Once again, 4GB is going to take over 24 hours! Meanwhile Steam is downloading at 1.4MBps, so I know it isn't my connection.

Sucks, I wanna play Far Cry 2. :(

Hmm...so far nothing announced that will be pulling me away from FTP The Old Republic. Considering that I only purchased KOTOR II during the entirety of Black Friday from Steam, I'm worried (or relieved) that my gaming spending is done for 2012. Maybe it's my backlog of excellent games...which is more Tony's fault than anybody else!

Here's an idea Tony, any chance you could run a deal on The Old Republic stuff like subscription digital cards? I know you have relationships with other FTP publishers and a good relationship with EA, any chance you could give us some TOR deals as well?

And of course, if you could ever manage to run a deal on some ME3 DLC the interwebs might explode.

[quote name='nategator']............... I'm worried (or relieved) that my gaming spending is done for 2012. ........................................[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh!

The December Uber Sales haven't even started yet! Hide yo wallets!

Hey Tony,

Any chance you can pull off something with the Amalur DLC on its own again? I regret not having grabbed it that week they were $5 each =(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I'm not sure what you're referencing. Can you toss me some links?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding.. I had posted it a couple pages back.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, you rock.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Cool, I think I'll pass on the gamefly ones, I'd rather have Steam keys to keep everything consolidated.
Thanks for the response, Tony.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

Since you're planning to include the original American McGee's Alice (2000) in the Alice: Madness Returns - Complete Collection....
...Do you know if you at Amazon DVG and EA have plans to also sell ALL ALONE the original American McGee's Alice?

I already own Alice: Madness Returns (from Retail).[/QUOTE]

I second this. I'll third it. Hell, I'll QUAD-damage this. We wants our original American McGee's Alice and we wants it soon.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I second this. I'll third it. Hell, I'll QUAD-damage this. We wants our original American McGee's Alice and we wants it soon.[/QUOTE]

This. The pack is nice, but most people interested in Madness Returns probably have it by now.. I'm not rebuying it just to get the first game. However, I'm not even sure if it'd be possible to split them up? Maybe they're both tied to one origin key?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I second this. I'll third it. Hell, I'll QUAD-damage this. We wants our original American McGee's Alice and we wants it soon.[/QUOTE]
Thirded (or fourthed). I already have MR, and from how often it's been on sale, I'd imagine almost everyone who wanted it already has it. Not really interested in buying it over again just for the original when the original is all I want.

Then again, if there's nothing Amazon can do about it (one key), then the idiotic setup is upon Origin's part. Oh well in that case.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

I already own Alice: Madness Returns (from Retail).[/QUOTE]

Same question here, but I got Alice Madness Returns from Amazon last January (best $2.49 ever spent :D)

Original American McGee's Alice alone for a good price is ok, or even the collection for a discounted price for those who purchased Alice MR from Amazon ;)

[quote name='Corpekata']Is it bad that I can't tell if that Madden 08 and NHL 09 deal is a joke or not?[/QUOTE]

The only 'joke' is that those are the most recent PC versions of the franchises. EA went console-exclusive after they were released.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, I got paid today. I thought you should know, cause you apparently forgot to rape my wallet.
[/QUOTE]

After paying the household bills, I had almost enough paycheck left over to get a Starbucks. A small one. If I had a coupon. Which I didn't. Sigh.

I found it amusing that you can buy the Alice collection from Impluse/Gamestop, and it says it requires Origin - but you can't buy it from Origin. At least, you couldn't earlier today. Anyway I traded in my :360: copy so I can grab this when it's cheap.

I would love to see the original alice! I'll definitely pick it up! Even if it comes with the newer version. I preordered the newer one, so I was able to play it on the ps3.. but I would much rather have it on pc. :)

[quote name='wilflare']hope Sine Mora comes back :X[/QUOTE]

It's back and still oddly in the casual section. At least it topped the charts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back