Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Needles-Kane']THQ medley; first $10, then the humble bundle, and now it is $7.50... wtf. Yes, I'm bitter.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. Never guessed there would be a Humble Bundle with non-indie games.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Does Indigo Prophecy activate on Steam by any chance? It's only $2.50, and I recall hearing quite good things about it[/QUOTE]

No idea.
Amazon DVG really should make it a point to plaster up top what the DRM is....especially on older titles.
Though, I'd guess that'd be one hell of a huge under-taking, given how huge their PC Digital Catalog might be.

Does anyone remember Atari ever giving Amazon DVG titles that activate on Steam?
I know TDU2 from Amazon DVG didn't activate up on Steam.

Worth noting - Indigo Prophecy is the censored M-rated version of the game in USA.
I actually bought Indigo at Retail way before it hit GOG.
Indigo Prophecy: Uncut is 50 cents more on GOG (DRM-FREE) and is AO-rated there currently as Fahrenheit (the game's original title overseas).

Indigo was great up until the horrible last 1/3rd of the game.

EDIT:
While I'm at it, I'd love to see David Cage bring Heavy Rain to the PC....but, since that's a Sony-published game, that probably won't happen.
I'd also like to see Omikron get re-released digitally on the PC, as well.

[quote name='dfg']Agreed 100%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the last 1/3rd of the Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit game...
....the game turns into QTE City!
It's okay to have QTE's here and there, but the game brings out TONS of them!

The story gets really way-over-the-top/ridiculous and even at times quite predictable (save the world).
The 1st 2/3rd's certainly was NOT like that.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Thanks for the heads up about the GOG version. Never knew about the M-rated/AO-rated stuff, thanks again :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Uncut version (Fahrenheit: AO-rated) was once a hard find - you actually had to Import it from somewhere like say Gogamer, back in the day (when they were around). Of course, that was until GOG got it.
I ain't played the uncut version, but from what I know - there's a sex-scene you have some actual control of and there's some nudity. That's how it got the AO-rating.
Just keep in mind - if you buy it from GOG, there's no way it'll activate on Steam. GOG's a DRM-FREE place, so there's just no keys period.
If anybody bought Indigo from Amazon DVG before, speak up - does it activate up on Steam?

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Fantastic! I believe I rented that game back in the day, but only played it briefly, and don't remember any of it at all[/QUOTE]
Omikron PC version was once like $2 and something cents on Gogamer - and I should've bought it back then! I should've paid the few $$ for shipping.
That game still has NOT got a re-release anywhere. I don't know if there's distribution issues, IP issues, music licensing and rights issues w/ it or what is going on with it!
I wish Eidos and Quantic Dream would throw it up on GOG, Steam, Amazon DVG, and other digital services.

Just a question regarding the 2012 Editor's choice - will it be single games only or will bundles be included? (I'm guessing it's unlikely, but worth asking). Also is the current list final (in which case no bundles) or will there be more games added?

just bought eve, still in the trail phase. apparently someone can get 30 days free by giving me in game money or something. message me if you know the details or are interested.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, in the last 1/3rd of the Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit game...
....the game turns into QTE City!
It's okay to have QTE's here and there, but the game brings out TONS of them!

The story gets really way-over-the-top/ridiculous and even at times quite predictable (save the world).
The 1st 2/3rd's certainly was NOT like that.
[/QUOTE]

Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.

I didn't find it a problem in IP because it had a simon says QTE gameplay. Heavy Rain is the same way. Some people find that gameplay boring/bad and I can understand that but QTEs aren't always a bad thing.

Lastly, the person you responded to might have meant this too but everyone I know that has played it and didn't like the last 3rd (including me) was because the story took a turn for the really wacky and nonsensical. This is a very bad thing when the game is heavily story driven.

[quote name='cvladan']Just a question regarding the 2012 Editor's choice - will it be single games only or will bundles be included? (I'm guessing it's unlikely, but worth to ask)[/QUOTE]

Bundles have not been taken off the table for that promo :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Saablic']Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.

I didn't find it a problem in IP because it had a simon says QTE gameplay. Heavy Rain is the same way. Some people find that gameplay boring/bad and I can understand that but QTEs aren't always a bad thing.[/quote]
The 1st 2/3rd's had some QTE's...
...but the last 1/3rd of the game literally bashes you over the head w/ them!

The last 1/3rd takes a more action approach to the game (b/c of the QTE's), while the first 2/3rd's did a better job of mixing QTE's and "pure" adventure game elements. I thought the more "pure" adventure game elements (investigating things, puzzle-solving, talking, making decisions) are what really made the game interesting.

Lastly, the person you responded to might have meant this too but everyone I know that has played it and didn't like the last 3rd (including me) was because the story took a turn for the really wacky and nonsensical. This is a very bad thing when the game is heavily story driven.
I absolutely agree w/ this 100%.

For me, the last 1/3rd was horrible b/c the game fell apart for me in every regard...
That would be b/c of the overdosage of QTE's; lack of "pure" adventure elements; and the horrible story turn.

Though, for $2.50-$3 (depending on where you buy it) - that first 2/3rd's is EASILY worth the price of admission.
It'd be plain silly to pass this deal up from either Amazon DVG or GOG.

[quote name='deletion']does Crysis not redeem on origin? tried it and doens't work.[/QUOTE]

Per the information on the product page, it does not and doesn't require a client. You download it from Amazon directly.

[quote name='deletion']does Crysis not redeem on origin? tried it and doens't work.[/QUOTE]

Crysis, Wars, Warhead = No
Crysis 2 = Yes

Try to chat with EA Support, they'll do it for you.

[quote name='jrodri86']Try to chat with EA Support, they'll do it for you.[/QUOTE]

thanks everyone. i just assumed it would. my fault for not reading the details. i already have the game as standalone, for some reason, 5 bucks, i wanted to add it to my origin library. stupid. i will slowly walk away now.

Any thoughts on the Price of Persia series, they're $2.49/ea (all 4 of them). Any chance they'd go on sale on Steam or is Ubisoft too busy with uPlay to have promos on Steam?

Also, any experience with King Kong ($2.49)?

Star Raiders ($2.49) from Atari activates on Steam. Any good?

Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']On a call with 35 other people working on it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

There's a light bulb joke in there somewhere.....:lol:

Thanks for the great deals Tony!

[quote name='Garbanzo']Any thoughts on the Price of Persia series, they're $2.49/ea (all 4 of them). Any chance they'd go on sale on Steam or is Ubisoft too busy with uPlay to have promos on Steam?

Also, any experience with King Kong ($2.49)?

Star Raiders ($2.49) from Atari activates on Steam. Any good?

Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

They were on sale during the Summer Sale. For 2.50 . I'm talking about Prince of Persia

[quote name='MysterD']The 1st 2/3rd's had some QTE's...
...but the last 1/3rd of the game literally bashes you over the head w/ them!

The last 1/3rd takes a more action approach to the game (b/c of the QTE's), while the first 2/3rd's did a better job of mixing QTE's and "pure" adventure game elements. I thought the more "pure" adventure game elements (investigating things, puzzle-solving, talking, making decisions) are what really made the game interesting.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that. Personally I was just happy there were no more stealth things because I hated that but I can agree with them dropping a lot of the other adventure elements.

Sorry but I had thought you were just bashing the game for having a QTE style game play style like most of the time I see when Quantic Dream games come up.

Edit: I just picked up Endless Space. Looks like a great 4x space game which I have been itching for.

[quote name='georgebot84']They were on sale during the Summer Sale. For 2.50 . I'm talking about Prince of Persia[/QUOTE]

Thanks, decisions to make!! Get a coupon from Amazon and a most likely DRM free version or see if they show up on sale on Steam.....

If anyone's planning on buying the Double Fine bundle, I'd pay for Stacking. PM me.

Oh, and if anyone wants to split the Desert to Sea Bundle, I'd buy Spec Ops.

Curse you, Tony, forcing me to interact with other human beings ;)

Is the PC download version of King Kong free of all traces of Starforce?

(I never had trouble with Starforce games until I tried to install the CD version of King Kong on my Windows 7 machine. It caused some real problems. I don't know that much about Starforce--maybe it only applies to CD products--so I thought I should ask.)

Great sale!!... but since I bought most of what Tony has thrown our way this year, I already got 99.9% of all games listed. First World Problem, I know...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add these:

- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC (Steam)
http://www.amazon.com/Might-Magic-Clash-Heroes-Download/dp/B005O2TTCO/
(I already have the main game on Steam... just missing the DLC, which I haven't seen on sale yet)

- Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) or Complete (Deluxe + DLCs)
(There is no way to "upgrade" a standard version to deluxe... so I'm still waiting to get to whole thing. Also, I own every other games in the 2K Mega Pack)

Thanks a lot!!
miraclemart AKA kinologik ;)

[quote name='Beckett']Is the PC download version of King Kong free of all traces of Starforce?

(I never had trouble with Starforce games until I tried to install the CD version of King Kong on my Windows 7 machine. It caused some real problems. I don't know that much about Starforce--maybe it only applies to CD products--so I thought I should ask.)[/QUOTE]

Very good question, couldn't find any info that Ubi should have patched out the StarForce protection :whistle2:(

Anyone knows if this is the "Gamer's Edition" as mentioned on Moby Games:

"Windows versions

Two different versions of the game were released for the PC: the original retail release which compares to the PS2/Gamecube and other current generation consoles, and a so-called Gamer's Edition only available through online purchases or OEM disks which features the improved models and textures from the Xbox 360 version and allows for even higher gameplay resolutions."

Darn, I knew I should've waited on Civ 5 + G&K. I could've gotten Civ 4 and Stronghold included for the same price :cry:. For anyone who wants to try out Civ games, get this! This deal is so good I want to buy it again even though I already have it :bouncy:

[quote name='MysterD']
If anybody bought Indigo from Amazon DVG before, speak up - does it activate up on Steam?[/QUOTE]
This may be a little late, but it does not activate on steam. It's DRM free to my knowledge (no key in the G&S Library). Also, Indigo Prophecy isn't even on steam anymore. Not sure if it's the uncut version, I think it is just regular.

I see a lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale for the cheapest I have seen them. I have a question. I am not a big Sims player but I do dust it off from time to time.

Are any of these expansions worth buying? Do they add a lot of extra content? I am not really interested in 'extra furniture' but moreso extra 'world' stuff. Places to go, things to do. Etc...

So, anything that is a must have for an extremely casual Sims 3 player? I have about 14 hours total in the game. So, I am very casual with it.

[quote name='Necrotron']Alice: Madness Returns The Complete Collection

Those DLC dresses are darn nifty![/QUOTE]

Tony, this might have been asked before (my apologies if it has been), but will the original American McGee's Alice eventually be offered as a separate download? I already own Alice: Madness Returns and would rather not have to re-buy that game to get the original.

would anyone be interested in civ 4 / the stronghold collection?

im thinking of getting the bundle but really just want civ 5 and gods and kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back