Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really about inventing new games to sell. Seriously, the packs are great as long as you don't own at least 50% of it, beyond that, the extra keys start piling to the point they become useless.

I too would like to see more individual games again, for the starter lineup for this holiday deals there are several packs I would buy but have Borderlands GOTY on them, really, I don't need extra copies of that.

Because this is just the starter lineup, ain't it?? Come on, we all know Tony has a few aces up his sleeve.

Well there's no Paradox stuff discounted yet so I'm sure that's coming. And, yes, I'd like to see more individual discounts, too. Especially with DLC or at least packages of DLC. But, obviously they make more by pushing stuff that's less likely to be purchased again individually a la Borderlands and Bioshock.

I made myself a list of games around $2 - here it is in case anyone else is interested. The list went through my own personal filter so there's probably a few that I didn't make a note of.
(couldn't figure out how to post a bunch of urls and preserve the links)

Many are from strategy first or meridian4 - I suspect these will end up in a bundle like 1C; well hopefully not exactly like 1C.

As far as I could tell, they all get you a Jan coupon.

Adam's Venture [Download]
Avencast: Rise of the Mage [Download]
Battle Mages [Download]
Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness [Download]
Blacklight Tango Down [Online Game Code]
Daemonica [Download]
Dawn of Magic 2 [Download]
Desperados [Download]
Dimensity [Download]
Dimensity [Download]
Disciples II: Gold Edition$
Dungeon Defenders [Download]
Earth 2160 [Download]
Enclave: Shadows of Twilight [Download]
Far Cry - 32 Bit OS Only [Download]
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition [Download]
Galactic Dream [Download]
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime [Download]
Ghostbusters: The Video Game [Download]
Greed [Download]
Hazen - Episode 1: The Dark Whispers [Download]
Hell Yeah [Download]
Jagged Alliance 2 [Download]
Legendary [Download]
Master of Orion [Download]
Master of Orion 3 [Download]
Might & Magic Clash Of Heroes [Download]
O.R.B. [Download]
Operation Matriarchy [Download]
Outforce [Download]
Peter Jackson's King Kong [Download]
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem [Download]
Prince of Persia [Download]
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [Download]
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones [Download]
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within [Download]
Psychonauts [Online Game Code]
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood [Download]
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack [Download]
Sacred Gold [Download]
Shadow OPS Red Mercury [Download]
Shadowgrounds [Download]
Space Trader [Download]
Star Raiders [Download]
The Chosen-Well of Souls [Download]
Total Annihilation [Download]
Trine [Download]
Two Worlds Epic Edition [Download]
Two Worlds: Game of the Year Edition [Download]
Velvet Assassin [Download]
Xblades [Download]

[quote name='MysterD']I doubt Dishonored will be on there.
Amazon DVG has NOT signed a deal w/ publisher Zenimax/Bethesda.[/QUOTE]
I created a "Please?" subcategory for Dishonored...

So, maybe... if we're lucky...

[quote name='miraclemart']I created a "Please?" subcategory for Dishonored...

So, maybe... if we're lucky...[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Amazon DVG sign a deal w/ Zenimax/Bethesda.
I'm missing all of the Skyrim DLC's - and I'd like to get those on the cheap.

Already own Dishonored PC - and yes, it's an awesome game.

[quote name='fgq']Maybe Medal of Honor Warfighter?!

On another topic, will amazon have a mac games sale for a decent price?[/QUOTE]
Medal of Honor Warfighter?

Feel free to add it (or move things around)... the spreadsheet is supposed to be in edit-mode. I have a backup copy, so worst case scenario, it will trolled out of recognition... best case scenario, my wallet will be better prepared for January. ;)

[quote name='miraclemart']Steam key for Ubisoft game?

http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Rocksmith-Download/dp/B009GKT2W2/

Requires Steam Client to activate[/QUOTE]

Consider me Gobsmacked.

I wouldn't count on lightning striking twice though. Ubisoft has their own client (Uplay) that they're trying to get some traction for.

[quote name='fgq']Maybe Medal of Honor Warfighter?!

On another topic, will amazon have a mac games sale for a decent price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miraclemart']Medal of Honor Warfighter?

Feel free to add it (or move things around)... the spreadsheet is supposed to be in edit-mode. I have a backup copy, so worst case scenario, it will trolled out of recognition... best case scenario, my wallet will be better prepared for January. ;)[/QUOTE]

Medal of Honor Warfighter is already listed under "Highly probable". #42

Ubi goes Steamworks with games they don't intergrate U-play with. Rocksmith, Clash of Heroes, Mad Riders. Basically their niche or smaller titles.

That's not the same thing as getting Steam keys for their non-Steamworks games really.

[quote name='Corpekata']Ubi goes Steamworks with games they don't intergrate U-play with. Rocksmith, Clash of Heroes, Mad Riders. Basically their niche or smaller titles.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't RUSE require Steam, as well?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Payday is fantastic. Much better than KF in my opinion and has more last appeal than L4D[/QUOTE]

I don't consider KF to be in the same gaming sphere as either Payday or L4D.

At higher difficulty levels, KF is about finding a good spot to bunker down and hold on tight. You bust your ass to the trader and back in between rounds and start all over again.

L4D and Payday are more objective-based games that require you to move from point A to point B. They scratch completely different itches for me and I'm sure most others as well. I always cringe when I see comparisons between KF and either of those games because they don't play out the same way at all.

I've logged three times as many hours in KF as either of those games. It has a tough initial learning curve, but once you get past that it can be intense.

[quote name='The End']

Medal of Honor Warfighter is already listed under "Highly probable". #42[/QUOTE]

I must have missed it, maybe it's time for some sleep :lol:

[quote name='The End']Consider me Gobsmacked.

I wouldn't count on lightning striking twice though. Ubisoft has their own client (Uplay) that they're trying to get some traction for.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is already listed under "Highly probable". #42[/QUOTE]
I don't want to be that guy, but...

U-Play is installed if a game needs it, even if bought on Steam. So the client is "pushed" no matter the store.

Also, Ubisoft has been quite opened lately at the idea of expending their "horizons":

http://www.gog.com/catalogue?search=Ubisoft

If Ubisoft would really want to be aggressive in promoting Uplay, I would suggess them first to consolidate all the games I have bought with my Ubisoft account (Ubi store), and then redeem the games I bought from other distributors (like EA did - to a certain point - with Origin). Then, I might consider it as valid game client.

Just my 2 cents...

Dang it! I picked up Secret World thinking they'd fixed the graphics driver issues. Nope! Looks like I can't play it until I quit using an Nvidia graphics card.

[quote name='Woocls']Dang it! I picked up Secret World thinking they'd fixed the graphics driver issues. Nope! Looks like I can't play it until I quit using an Nvidia graphics card.[/QUOTE]
I'm using an nVidia graphics card. .-.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm using an nVidia graphics card. .-.[/QUOTE]

I had no trouble w/ TSW Beta on my NVidia card (GF GTX 560 Ti), some time ago...

Any idea how long some of the smaller things are gonna last (i.e. Viking Battle for Asgard). If it goes into January, I know what I'm using my credit on :D Speaking of which, anyone else think Viking will make Editor's choice? I'm hopeful, but it's not really a big title...

[quote name='MysterD']I had no trouble w/ TSW Beta on my NVidia card (GF GTX 560 Ti), some time ago...[/QUOTE]
well, maybe it's just my card then. My card is a laptop card and when I tried to update it for the beta it crashed every time I loaded the game. I eventually had to roll it back and tune my graphics settings way down (talking about super jaggy image) just to be able to play for 30-60 min blocks before it'd lock-up and crash.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Any idea how long some of the smaller things are gonna last (i.e. Viking Battle for Asgard). If it goes into January, I know what I'm using my credit on :D Speaking of which, anyone else think Viking will make Editor's choice? I'm hopeful, but it's not really a big title...[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. Also everything I've read points to it being horribly optimized for PC.

[quote name='Woocls']well, maybe it's just my card then. My card is a laptop card and when I tried to update it for the beta it crashed every time I loaded the game. I eventually had to roll it back and tune my graphics settings way down (talking about super jaggy image) just to be able to play for 30-60 min blocks before it'd lock-up and crash.[/QUOTE]
What card do you have? I'm running it on an nVidia 680M (laptop card).

any chance of getting metro 2033 in the medley swapped with another game? Its pointless since it was given away free

[quote name='gomikeoh']Dear Tony,

citizen-kane-bravo-clap-applause3.gif

-gomikeoh

p.s. any square deals? cough - tomb raider? - cough
or are those deals at a later date[/QUOTE]

I also want to give my thanks, these deals are beyond amazing.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Thanks for the sale Tony. Unfortunately you spoiled us so much during the year that I have nothing more to buy from the current sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Problem is that all of these bundles are more or less repeats. A few have slightly better prices (most notably the strategy bundle), but otherwise we've seen all of this before.

So much for the Amazon winter sale. >_>[/QUOTE]

The difference in tone between these 2 posts is just astounding.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, looks like you aren't the only one (maybe you've already read this topic).

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40124

At least it seems like you should be able to play no problem with DirectX 9.[/QUOTE]
Dang... it was doing so well too. I got all excited and then it locked up my pc and I had to hard reset it. :( I don't blame funcom. I blame Nvidia for making bad drivers!

[quote name='iTz Spooky']So i accidently ordered the wrong Bioshock dual pack that does not activate on steam! fml.

Is there any way i can get my ordered switched to the steam redeemable?
[/QUOTE]

Just contact Amazon's Customer Support, they'll sort you out.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']The difference in tone between these 2 posts is just astounding.[/QUOTE]

Some people are just ungrateful bastards.

[quote name='Genocidal']Games are more of a happy exclusive for Windows than something that they consider a major focus of the OS.
That said, the framework is in place to do this in Games Explorer, but it doesn't matter if no one uses it. My Games Explorer currently shows 39 games; Steam alone is showing 301 installed. Don't blame Windows, blame the devs :).

I also put all my Steam games where I want using symlinks, though there is a built-in feature for it, and have no desire to have a desktop covered in icons or a folder/folder hierarchy to find the game I want. Another area where it's great that I have the option to do it my way and you yours.
[/QUOTE]

Weird. Games are the only reason I have windows installed on my desktop (gaming) machine.

[quote name='Saablic']Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.
I didn't find it a problem in IP because it had a simon says QTE gameplay. Heavy Rain is the same way. Some people find that gameplay boring/bad and I can understand that but QTEs aren't always a bad thing.

Lastly, the person you responded to might have meant this too but everyone I know that has played it and didn't like the last 3rd (including me) was because the story took a turn for the really wacky and nonsensical. This is a very bad thing when the game is heavily story driven.
[/QUOTE]

I find cutscene QTEs irritating. I just want to sit back and take it in, which adds some nice change of pace. Before QTEs were all the rage, I remember when PS2 games (e.g. DMC) would rumble during cut scenes. The would startle me. I often set my controller on my desk, so this made a terrble noise and frequency vibrated the controller right of the desk.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Sucks you were banned from NeoGAF, Tony. Tis a shame. :(

I've known about it for a while, but figured I'd just say something now haha[/QUOTE]

Their loss. Our gain.

[quote name='mm3n']Hey Tony, is it possible to get Steam version for Test Drive 2 Unlimited? Link here - http://www.amazon.com/Test-Drive-Un..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TZ3P02TAMQP1RCG2NNZ

Also, any idea what DRM is Split/Second?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It is SecuROM elsewhere. I'd guess that same on Amazon. If you have a console, I'd recommend getting it there. It's still a great game, I can recommend at the $5 mark. I own it from D2D.

From an ealier post (can't quote a post in a locked thread).

Split Second: Much fun. The gimmick set-destruction is very very well integrated and mastery of is critical to getting 1st place. Unfortunately, I've played 2/3 though three times... my saves get horribly corrupted. (Despiite rolling back to prior saves: GoGo Dropbox restore w/Link Shell Extention -- I should post about that separately). I want to finish this sometime by not exiting it before completion.

[quote name='MysterD']
@TONY

I don't wanna go through 14 cumbersome pages of deals that aren't sorted so well! It looks messy!

Your page needs some sorting/filtering options by Title; Price; Different Views (Compact List View, Normal List View, Grid View); etc...
...Like say Gamersgate does.

EDIT:
I see Drakensang: The River of Time is $5.
What's the DRM on that?
And do you guys carry that game's Philleason's Secret DLC?[/QUOTE]

I agree, Amazon's sorting options are in dire need of improvement. Drakensang complete was ~$10.20 (w/o IGN) during the first week of the GG August sale. I wound up picking it up on eBay for $10. My understanding is that only the Special Plastic Edition (retail) is DRM-Free.

[quote name='Mooby']75% on Sreeping Dawgs hasn't happened but it's been as low as $14-$15 which is like... 70% off.[/QUOTE]

$13.60 after GMG coupon, just before Thanksgiving.

Just a heads up to everyone who bought TSW, the Blood Raven pet only can be claimed on ONE character. The weapons and jackets can be claimed on every character you create, once each.

Wait, I was wrong. The game was just lagging or something and didn't show it.

Cripes. Funcom sure doesn't like people using their accounts made during the The Secret World's beta!

I had to make a new one to redeem the key. But now it's done! Hooray. :)

[quote name='kyrhon']Some people are just ungrateful bastards.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it should be obvious, but your post is a joke, right? Sometimes it's hard to tell from just text.

[quote name='Kschreck']Hey Tony, what day will Lego Lord of The Rings be on sale? :)[/QUOTE]

it's already on for 33%. and it's steam key:applause:

now waiting for 75%:cool:

[quote name='Kschreck']Hey Tony, what day will Lego Lord of The Rings be on sale? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'll be updating the OP next week with holiday deals but I'll include some sneak peaks as the days go on. Example, we'll have Lego Lord of the Rings for 75% off at one point, likely close to Christmas.
[/QUOTE]

...I'm guessing soon.

[quote name='Zakart']After going through all of the deals, I couldn't find a single game for me to pickup. This is sad. Here's to hoping that January sale will blow me mind![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']Same here. Needs more non-bundle deals or bundles where I don't already own one or more included games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Problem is that all of these bundles are more or less repeats. A few have slightly better prices (most notably the strategy bundle), but otherwise we've seen all of this before.

So much for the Amazon winter sale. >_>[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Thanks for the sale Tony. Unfortunately you spoiled us so much during the year that I have nothing more to buy from the current sale.[/QUOTE]

Again, this is the first part of our sale. I'll be updating the post daily. Guys . do you really think we would go through a holiday sale without promoting anything from Namco, WB, Rockstar, Paradox, etc?
[quote name='MysterD']Yep, I knew this.

But, I was wondering if Amazon's version used Steam, DRM-FREE (like that DVD boxed version), or had other DRM.
And I was also wondering if Amazon had Philleason's Secret (DLC).

I already have Drakensang: TDE from D2D, BTW.[/QUOTE]

Our Drakensang is DRM free not sure why we don't have PS but we don't :(

[quote name='darjeeling']Question for you, Tony. Of the games featured in the Viva Big Bundle of Games, are any Steam redeemable? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, this is listed at the top of every bundle page. I'm updating the OP with the info I included in my SA post it seems to be helpful there.

[quote name='DonRamon']It's not really about inventing new games to sell. Seriously, the packs are great as long as you don't own at least 50% of it, beyond that, the extra keys start piling to the point they become useless.

I too would like to see more individual games again, for the starter lineup for this holiday deals there are several packs I would buy but have Borderlands GOTY on them, really, I don't need extra copies of that.

Because this is just the starter lineup, ain't it?? Come on, we all know Tony has a few aces up his sleeve.[/QUOTE]

See above.

[quote name='miraclemart']I worked on these "2012 Editor's Choice Games" predictions 2 weeks ago... still pretty much a work-in-progress.

Anyone wants to add their own wishes to the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9a3Lz60QwIdEVYVkhKZXRiTGZ6R2JKTXNBZ2pGX3c[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miraclemart']I created a "Please?" subcategory for Dishonored...

So, maybe... if we're lucky...[/QUOTE]

Please keep this. If enough peolple use it I will bring it to publishers for review.

[quote name='Kschreck']Are these the only holiday deals that's going to happen or will there be more (perhaps next Sunday)?[/QUOTE]

More will be added. See above.

[quote name='Mooby']More stuff will be added.[/QUOTE]

Look at Mooby! Keeping the faith. and he's not even building a shrine!

Cheers,
Tony

I await these new deals since I own near everything on the front page. And that won't remain for long since I will pick up Blacklight Tango Down in a minute.

Hopefully Inversion returns, since I forgot to get it on Cyber Monday.

*Steals Tony's soul*
Tony: "Nuuuu!!!" *SLURP*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back