Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='argyle']I'm wishing now I had gotten an Amazon gift card with my BB credit instead of a Steam one. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Feeling the same way :(. Ended up with $50 steam wallet and I am buying from everywhere but Steam.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Question, I bought the F.E.A.R. pack from Amazon a couple of months ago. I see a F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC in the steam sale that I can't find in my inventory. Was that included in the Amazon pack? If not, is it worth the $2.49?[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't included and I don't think Amazon even carries it in their PCDDs. Can't say what it's like, however, as I bought my bundle from Amazon as well.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Question, I bought the F.E.A.R. pack from Amazon a couple of months ago. I see a F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC in the steam sale that I can't find in my inventory. Was that included in the Amazon pack? If not, is it worth the $2.49?[/QUOTE]
I'd say its worth the $2.49 for sure. I enjoyed it when I payed $10

[quote name='Motoki']I really wish Amazon would just either find a way to open their store up internationally or just start checking IPs.

This whole you aren't supposed to buy it here (but make a fake address; my name is Miss Bonita and you ain't heard it from me!) is getting ridiculous.

bonita%2Bbutrell.gif

People aren't the least bit subtle about their rule breaking and then on top of it they are fussing over region locks over a game they aren't supposed to be buying in the first place.

*Edit: Waiting for someone to come back with 'but what if I am traveling! or 'My sister's aunt's brother's cousin's neighbor's dog in US bought it for me'

Right.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want them to start checking ips? "Boy I sure wish I couldn't buy these games"

If I buy Dead Island GOTY, it siad i will get $5 promotional to use in January. I wonder if I buy multiples, like 4 of them, will i get increments of promotional code, like $20 in promotional credits?

[quote name='sharpeone']Feeling the same way :(. Ended up with $50 steam wallet and I am buying from everywhere but Steam.[/QUOTE]
Wait, you can get Amazon GCs from Best Buy? Is that in-store only? Not seeing it on the website.

[quote name='Samuelc79']If I buy Dead Island GOTY, it siad i will get $5 promotional to use in January. I wonder if I buy multiples, like 4 of them, will i get increments of promotional code, like $20 in promotional credits?[/QUOTE]
You will get 4 promotional codes, each worth $5, but you will only be able to use one of them per order.

[quote name='Samuelc79']If I buy Dead Island GOTY, it siad i will get $5 promotional to use in January. I wonder if I buy multiples, like 4 of them, will i get increments of promotional code, like $20 in promotional credits?[/QUOTE]

Yes , you will get 4 individual $5 promo credits valued at a combined $20.

I'm very impressed, Tony. :D

Inversion is back, Lego LOTR is looking to be cheaper than it is right now at GMG, and there's still more for me to shift through.

[quote name='sharpeone']Feeling the same way :(. Ended up with $50 steam wallet and I am buying from everywhere but Steam.[/QUOTE]

Hehe I had a feeling this year... I only loaded up my Steam Wallet with half the normal amount and it's still mostly full. Part of the rest is going towards an Amazon card.

Strange. Amazon says I have $19 worth of game and software download credit (like the MP3 credit they give) but every time I try to buy something with it, it will not let me use it.

Anyway, Amazon is definitely beating Steam right now in the sale department.

[quote name='hailey']Why would you want them to start checking ips? "Boy I sure wish I couldn't buy these games"[/QUOTE]

Because how dare us non americans buy games at the same price they pay instead of paying extra because conversion sucks. Like it makes him a single goddamn difference in his life who else buys games from Amazon. Acting all high and mighty because he lives in America and should be the only one able to buy games. Because MURCA fuck YEAH.

In for Dark Souls!

[quote name='Patch517']Because how dare us non americans buy games at the same price they pay instead of paying extra because conversion sucks. Like it makes him a single goddamn difference in his life who else buys games from Amazon. Acting all high and mighty because he lives in America and should be the only one able to buy games. Because MURCA fuck YEAH.[/QUOTE]
Get over yourself and your persecution complex.

He probably just wants people to stop talking about "Hey does this work in the EU" in a thread frequented by an Amazon employee. There's a reason Tony's never responded to those questions. He can probably get in trouble for it. Tony getting in trouble means less good deals. At the very least take it to another thread and stop talking about circumventing the company's policies in the guy's thread.

It's tiring having to go through countless posts of people asking if the game will work in their region, or complaining that it's locked, or asking any other myriad of questions that wouldn't pop up if they were in the US and it lessens the experience and potentially increases Amazon's costs through added support requests/refunds. There are plenty of deals we miss out on because of location or have someone who actually lives there purchase the game for us (though most times it's hard to find someone who will do it, especially at cost). I think there's also a small concern that Amazon won't be able to pull as good of deals in the future if the publishers find out Amazon's violating their contract, and it puts Tony in an uncomfortable position of having to consistently look the other way.

[quote name='Patch517']Because how dare us non americans buy games at the same price they pay instead of paying extra because conversion sucks. Like it makes him a single goddamn difference in his life who else buys games from Amazon. Acting all high and mighty because he lives in America and should be the only one able to buy games. Because MURCA fuck YEAH.[/QUOTE]

Um... Judge not lest ye be judged.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']No it wasn't included and I don't think Amazon even carries it in their PCDDs. Can't say what it's like, however, as I bought my bundle from Amazon as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I'd say its worth the $2.49 for sure. I enjoyed it when I payed $10[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. Looks like it's another couple of hours gameplay. I have 30min to decide......

Well, there is an issue with people outside of the US not paying the taxes we have to. I can't use a fake address to avoid tax payments, but some guy from another country is doing it just fine.

It simply isn't fair that other countries have a way to avoid paying taxes. If someone is doing that and paying extra due to conversion, then maybe it compensates for the tax avoidance in a way.

[quote name='60fps']It simply isn't fair that other countries have a way to avoid paying taxes. If someone is doing that and paying extra due to conversion, then maybe it compensates for the tax avoidance in a way.[/QUOTE]
What tax? I don't know what it's like there, but we don't get charged tax for "importing" digital goods.

Ok the thread is at risk of sliding into a xenophobic flame war, everyone across the globe has to pay taxes in one of another. This is the internet, if anybody thinks publishers are not aware people from outside US can under certain circumstances get DVGs on Amazon, you are being too naive. When you are using fake info with CC purchases you risk committing credit card fraud, that is the only thing you have to worry about and it is your sole responsibility.

Stop bothering Tony by posting stuff which indeed can get him into trouble.

Now back to topic please.

[quote name='mokmoof']Wait, you can get Amazon GCs from Best Buy? Is that in-store only? Not seeing it on the website.
[/QUOTE]

You can buy Kindle GCs in store, usually located around the tablet area. The work just like regular Amazon GCs. They're not available online.

[quote name='Corpekata']He probably just wants people to stop talking about "Hey does this work in the EU" in a thread frequented by an Amazon employee. There's a reason Tony's never responded to those questions. He can probably get in trouble for it. Tony getting in trouble means less good deals. At the very least take it to another thread and stop talking about circumventing the company's policies in the guy's thread.[/QUOTE]

Amazon only has rights to sell digital PC goods in America. People might get around this, but as an Amazon employee, Tony can hardly endorse or encourage this behavior.

[quote name='espy605']Amazon only has rights to sell digital PC goods in America. People might get around this, but as an Amazon employee, Tony can hardly endorse or encourage this behavior.[/QUOTE]

I know. Kinda my point.

Saint Row Complete 7.5$ daily on steam, any chance for pricematch?
Edit: matched already yay

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corpekata']I know. Kinda my point.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just quoting you and agreeing, since this thread is getting out of hand.

If people have problems with Amazon's regional availability they need to contact their local Amazon website. That's how Amazon operates, they aren't like GreenManGaming where one site services the entire world.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Strange. Amazon says I have $19 worth of game and software download credit (like the MP3 credit they give) but every time I try to buy something with it, it will not let me use it.

Anyway, Amazon is definitely beating Steam right now in the sale department.[/QUOTE]

I have seen item specific credit mixed with normal credit from a given category. Amazon makes sorting what credit you have on your account far too difficult.

so hows the pc version of dark souls compared to the ps3 version? i've been meaning to play this with my brother and i was wondering if the coop is any good

[quote name='exaznkid']so hows the pc version of dark souls compared to the ps3 version? i've been meaning to play this with my brother and i was wondering if the coop is any good[/QUOTE]

The PC version is a straight port in a very literal sense: they did nothing to make it take advantage of PC tech, nor make it playable on a keyboard. You'll need to do some work to make it manageable, and you'll need a way to make a gamepad function on the PC.

On top of that, you should be aware that you don't really play co-op in this game, at least not in the sense you intend. There are places where you can expend resource to summon a random player from the Internet, but you can neither pick who you summon nor communicate in any way. It's a purely single player game where you can occasionally call for random backup.

Don't get me wrong; I highly recommend the game. But it'll take some work.

If you have a gamepad and know how to unzip a mod file and paste it into a game directory, Dark Souls PC is the best bet simply for the unlocked framerate/improved renderer.

Co-op is fun in the game but extremely unreliable across all three platforms due to the way the game is set up. It's not really meant to be about partying with a friend.

[quote name='Motoki']*Edit: Waiting for someone to come back with 'but what if I am traveling! or 'My sister's aunt's brother's cousin's neighbor's dog in US bought it for me'[/QUOTE]
n00b. The ace card is "...somethingsomething MILITARY somethingsomething..."

[quote name='Syntax Error']n00b. The ace card is "...somethingsomething MILITARY somethingsomething..."[/QUOTE]

The correct response would be "But what if I want to buy Diablo 3 while on an airplane..."

Probably answered already, but will DLC of the Editor's Choice list games be eligible to use the $5 credits on too?

As much as I want Dark Souls for $15 now, I'll wait til New Years to buy it for $13 ;) ($18 - $5 promo credit).

[quote name='exaznkid']so hows the pc version of dark souls compared to the ps3 version? i've been meaning to play this with my brother and i was wondering if the coop is any good[/QUOTE]

The PC version doesn't suffer from the muddy textures and framerate issues of the console versions. You will need to apply the DSFix mod to unlock the proper visuals. It is not a co-op game.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Probably answered already, but will DLC of the Editor's Choice list games be eligible to use the $5 credits on too?[/QUOTE]
This is something I would like to know also.

[quote name='asheskitty']The PC version doesn't suffer from the muddy textures and framerate issues of the console versions. You will need to apply the DSFix mod to unlock the proper visuals. It is not a co-op game.[/QUOTE]
It is possible (though a giant pain in the ass) to co-op most of the game, as long as you're voice chatting. There will be a lot of "You dropped your summon sign where?" But it's kind of a blast when it works.

[quote name='jgiovanni']@ Tony, any chance of matchign the Stalker Bundle on Steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/5011/[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, the STALKER games on Amazon aren't Steam versions if that matters to you. I was contemplating asking Tony to pricematch Call of Pripyat but seeing as how my Shadow of Chernobyl is a Steam copy, I decided against it.

[quote name='mokmoof']It is possible (though a giant pain in the ass) to co-op most of the game, as long as you're voice chatting. There will be a lot of "You dropped your summon sign where?" But it's kind of a blast when it works.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for adding that! =) With the proliferation of co-op games I tend to think straight-up co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back