Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rbanke']Am I missing something with Saints Row? It's showing as 12.49 for me, and the THQ credit is $5 right? Hows that turn into 2.50?[/QUOTE]

This was 7.50, but I believe that ended at 1 pm EST.

[quote name='rbanke']Am I missing something with Saints Row? It's showing as 12.49 for me, and the THQ credit is $5 right? Hows that turn into 2.50?[/QUOTE]

The $7.49 prove was good till 1 PM Eastern Time. You are about 60 minutes to late.

It was until some hours (minutes?) ago. Along with steam.

[quote name='stoned99']Did anyone post ubi games that post on steam ?[/QUOTE]

Shoot Many Robots, R.U.S.E, Mad Riders, Zeit2, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and Babel Rising will register on Steam. But keep in mind that these games will probably go on sale for a better pricing. Or if Amazon PM Steam on the current sale prices... if only...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I'm torn between two packs: The WTF Pack and Desert to Sea Bundle. Specifically, The Darkness II or Spec Ops: The Line (I already own the other games except for Duke Nukem Forever). Which do you folks recommend?[/QUOTE]

Well Spec Ops has an amazing dark story but average/generic shooting, Darkness 2 has a meh story (I barely remember what it was about, that's how memorable it is. It does have some great characters though.) and ridiculously fun combat.

I'd go for Spec Ops myself because of the story, but they're both good games.

[quote name='jrodri86']Shoot Many Robots, R.U.S.E, Mad Riders, Zeit2, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and Babel Rising will register on Steam. But keep in mind that these games will probably go on sale for a better pricing. Or if Amazon PM Steam on the current sale prices... if only...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll hold off using the ubi code then.

Ok so I think I have it figured out, the order goes:

Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations

Trying to figure out the best way to get all 3 with the coupon. How necessary is the Brotherhood Deluxe edition over the normal edition. Also, is it worth getting Revelations Gold or just Revelations?

Was thinking this:

Assassin's Creed 2: 4.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 4.99
Assassins Creed Revelations: 2.49 with coupon.

Total for all 3 games: 12.49.

That the best way or should I spring for either the Brotherhood Deluxe (2.49 more) or Revelations Gold ($6.10 more).

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I'm torn between two packs: The WTF Pack and Desert to Sea Bundle. Specifically, The Darkness II or Spec Ops: The Line (I already own the other games except for Duke Nukem Forever). Which do you folks recommend?[/QUOTE]

Spec Ops. I got the Desert to Sea Bundle for $20 a few months back when it first dropped.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Debating whether or not I should get 2k13. Already have the 360 version but I need o spend this $3 credit![/QUOTE]

$15 is a great price, but the game is thoroughly stripped down from the console version.
Still, its the only one I version have and I love basketball. The mods are pretty good graphically too.

[quote name='Wulfgr']Can someone please answer this ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wulfgr']I just bought Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition today from Amazon.com, will I still get a $5 coupon ?

It's the only Ubisoft game I purchased this year from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Any definite answer on this?? The original post says games purchased on 2012, but the codes (ubi) can be used on the 25th only, does purchasing includes 25th or not?

[quote name='DonRamon']Any definite answer on this?? The original post says games purchased on 2012, but the codes (ubi) can be used on the 25th only, does purchasing includes 25th or not?[/QUOTE]

No idea how it works exactly. I bought the THQ tantalizing pack just now with my $5 off, and got another $5 off promotional email immediately after ... of course, that extra $5 off didn't work.

Also still waiting on emails for 2K games ... bought several copies of 2K games in the past few months but never got an email for $5 off.

Was gonna do the SR3 for 2.50, but didn't realize they were matching Steam. Picked up the Darksiders pack for 8.19 instead. Will probably enjoy DS2 more, but I wanted it on 360 not PC. Oh well, too cheap to pass.

[quote name='Wulfgr']I just bought Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition today from Amazon.com, will I still get a $5 coupon ?

It's the only Ubisoft game I purchased this year from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DonRamon']Any definite answer on this?? The original post says games purchased on 2012, but the codes (ubi) can be used on the 25th only, does purchasing includes 25th or not?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slappynutz']No idea how it works exactly. I bought the THQ tantalizing pack just now with my $5 off, and got another $5 off promotional email immediately after ... of course, that extra $5 off didn't work.

Also still waiting on emails for 2K games ... bought several copies of 2K games in the past few months but never got an email for $5 off.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the first post it will explain the December 25th only coupon and if you bought something the $5 off coupon for January Editor Choice is explained in your emails. I would copy and paste this info but I'm on my phone.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']One coupon per publisher per customer.

Too bad I missed the SR3 for $2.49.

What have you guys been buying with your THQ/EA coupons?[/QUOTE]

There are some pre orders in those lists too which is what I used mine for.

[quote name='tn2007']I bought Beyond Good, and Evil with my $5 for ubisoft ,but there is no steam code. Can someone help me?[/QUOTE]

It's not a game that uses steam.

I would like to thank Tony for the awesome work he and the marketing team is doing. I just hope that the current steam sale serves as a warning for Amazon digital downloads department. They are screwing their customers over with subpar sales (Terraria 66% off when it was 75% a year ago) and dishonest marketing (2nd time that magic the gathering has been featured as a daily deal). The steam sale has been a huge disappointment and it all amounts to Valve fattening up their bottom line expecting their habitual customer to spend without having a second though. In my case I will likely not spend a dime on Steam and I expect their bottom line to suffer in the end.

IIRC you had to buy THQ, EA, Ubi, & (maybe) 2K before today to get the publisher $5 code.

[quote name='juanjava']NEVER played any AC game, besides having the first on Steam since... forever. Thinking about Revelations, but is not Steam and it has some DLC that I don't know how will I redeem later... How is the game? I must play AC1 first? How it is downloaded? Direct from Amazon? No Ubi client?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='momouchi']Skip AC1 because it might turn you off from the rest of a good series. AC2, AC: Brotherhood, and AC:R are a trilogy for the character Ezio. You should start with 2, which IMO was the best game. If you like it, then you can continue on in the series. If you don't like it, I'd recommend leaving the rest alone.[/QUOTE]

This. I wholly agree.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']No way...I'm totally getting asheskitty 2 Pet Catz 2 with my promo! It'll only be $1.49 of furry awesomeness.

Nah, I think I may get R6V2, which will also be $1.49.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there's an upgrade pack available.... =(^.^)=

[quote name='juanjava']I read many bad things about brotherhood...[/QUOTE]

Like what?!? Never seen much bad about ACB. I've completed AC2/B/R. Probably just raging about the (at release) always-online DRM that was later removed.

[quote name='MysterD']I really liked AC2 and ACB the best of the club...
...ACR I have not finished, but I did NOT like BOTH the new Desmond 1st-person puzzle missions and Tower Defense missions.

Keep in mind, I've not played AC3, as well...[/QUOTE]

Glad I wasn't the only one not enamored with the Lost Archives DLC. The Tower Defense bit is rightfully universally hated. The good news is that you on have to do it once on the easy tutorial. After that if it happens, just let it fail quickly then find and brutally murder the captain as usual. Once you place a (trained) master assassin in all your Dens you'll never face the tower defense bit again.

[quote name='Hop25']Guild Wars 2 isn't on Steam so you won't get a Steam key.[/QUOTE]

It's generally said that having MMOs on Steam is pointless since steam usually only launches MMO's own launcher and patcher. MMOs are always tied to another account anyway.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Haven't tried this program, maybe someone else can attest to it being useful or not?

http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

[quote name='nosferatu51']
Part of me is tempted by the Guild Wars 2 deal today because of all the stuff I've read in the last few days about how great it is. Don't really have the gaming time for another (or really any) MMO at the moment. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the first one (and
strangely, the inability to jump annoyed the crap outta me
). Any thoughts? My "concern" is that it won't go down to this price for a long time again because buying the packages is how NCSoft gets its money to run this game.
[/QUOTE]

Imo, one reason why most 3D games allow you to jump is that otherwise minor terrain glitches can be impassable.

[quote name='headpiece747']If you go to the first post it will explain the December 25th only coupon and if you bought something the $5 off coupon for January Editor Choice is explained in your emails. I would copy and paste this info but I'm on my phone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just said that....what is not clear is if you will receive a coupon for purchases *made* on the 25th, or not.

PS
Promise I looked thru the thread starting from where Tony first announced this, if Tony stated somewhere that it was for purchases made before the 25th only then I must have missed it.

if i want to get AC: revelation complete with dlc, would it cheaper for me to get regular AC: R with 2.50 with coupon and then buy the lost achieve dlc or just get gold edition.

Hmmm....
So it's possible that the amazon page is wrong on Rayman Origins? it'd be awesome if it were - $5 Rayman is easily the cheapest it's been (even cheaper than Ubisoft's flash deal!). Damn, do I chance to be a second tester on this or not...

I bought the WTF pack this morning, ill get a 2k coupon for tomorrow?

Id like to see Alice complete edition at 10$ ill buy it with the EA Coupon, the others games are not good ;s

[quote name='DarkZero104']Hmmm....
So it's possible that the amazon page is wrong on Rayman Origins? it'd be awesome if it were - $5 Rayman is easily the cheapest it's been (even cheaper than Ubisoft's flash deal!). Damn, do I chance to be a second tester on this or not...[/QUOTE]

Why would it be wrong? It's only $5 after coupon right?

I have an odd question, my pc at home is literally on the checkout page of SR3 full package for 2.50, if I submit the order will it go through as 2.50? Lol, had to run before I submitted.

[quote name='tn2007']I bought Beyond Good, and Evil with my $5 for ubisoft ,but there is no steam code. Can someone help me?[/QUOTE]

Not much to help, that version on Amazon isn't Steamworks. You need to make sure it says Steam DRM or requires Steam account on the product page. That said you might be able to get a refund through customer service.

nah, it's not possibly wrong on the price, it's possibly wrong on what it has.
according to the page, the game has DRM on it.

"This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game. During the installation and/or the first launch, an online connection is required to unlock the game."

But chaosking121 over a few pages ago said he bought the game with the coupon, got no signs DRM. Ran a program that checks for DRM on your system, STILL saw no sign of it. did see a Steam game with Steam listed, so it works. since he just bought the game there also shouldn't be a problem on this.

[quote name='PikaZeroX']I have an odd question, my pc at home is literally on the checkout page of SR3 full package for 2.50, if I submit the order will it go through as 2.50? Lol, had to run before I submitted.[/QUOTE]

You can try it. Take a screenshot of it to submit to Amazon CS if it doesn't ring up at that price & you want to cancel.
More than likely I think you'll get a message saying "the price of one or more items in your cart has changed..."

Side note:
Are there any other things worth buying with my THQ coupon? I have already have the Medley Pack, SR3 Franchise, SR2, DS Franchise, and THQ Humble Bundle. I've scoured the site for hidden gems, but can't find anything. I may end up having to get another DSII or Medley pack for my GF if I can't find another deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PikaZeroX']I have an odd question, my pc at home is literally on the checkout page of SR3 full package for 2.50, if I submit the order will it go through as 2.50? Lol, had to run before I submitted.[/QUOTE]

You can try, but I think that the cookie is expired by now.

FYI,

I bought Duke Nukem Forever back on January 2nd 2012 which didn't activate on Steam. Well, I just tried the key again and now it activated.

EDIT: So if you're going for the 2K bundle with DNF and DLC, and you already have DNF from Amazon but never activated it on Steam, you should be able to gift/sell the key from Amazon.

[quote name='Garbanzo']FYI,

I bought Duke Nukem Forever back on January 2nd 2012 which didn't activate on Steam. Well, I just tried the key again and now it activated.[/QUOTE]

That has always activated on Steam, it's Steamworks. Odd that it didn't activate for you in January.

[quote name='DarkZero104']nah, it's not possibly wrong on the price, it's possibly wrong on what it has.
according to the page, the game has DRM on it.

"This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game. During the installation and/or the first launch, an online connection is required to unlock the game."

But chaosking121 over a few pages ago said he bought the game with the coupon, got no signs DRM. Ran a program that checks for DRM on your system, STILL saw no sign of it. did see a Steam game with Steam listed, so it works. since he just bought the game there also shouldn't be a problem on this.[/QUOTE]

Let us know what you find out if you buy it. I just wish it came with a Steam key :cry:

[quote name='sunghost']That has always activated on Steam, it's Steamworks. Odd that it didn't activate for you in January.[/QUOTE]

Weird, well I was a complete Steam newbie back then so maybe I fucked up.

So I apparently have $12.99 in promotional credit for "Software/Video Games," but I have no idea how to tell what that credit applies to. Is there somewhere on Amazon that I can go to find out?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']One coupon per publisher per customer.

Too bad I missed the SR3 for $2.49.

What have you guys been buying with your THQ/EA coupons?[/QUOTE]

Picked up Saints Row 2 for $2.50 for Gentlemen of the row mod.

Tony,

picked up a few more games with the recent coupons. thanks again and hopefully you guys see enough positive sales to make it all worth doing again!

perhaps if there was a way for a select few to update the original post, folks here could help you deflect some of the repeated questions by posting them on the first page.

happy holidays everyone...

Well, couldn't pass up SRTT:FP for $2.49. One of my friends will be happy! Can't find a use for the EA coupon, but I imagine that's EA being EA. Would have loved Alice complete or KOA though.

Anyway, thanks for bringing the deals Tony, because Valve is slacking this year. Have a super solstice!

[quote name='sunghost']

Let us know what you find out if you buy it. I just wish it came with a Steam key :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the program didn't check my system, it checked the game's EXE file for any sort of protection or encryption and aside from a Serial Number check, it reported there was no additional protection. Game's ReadMe didn't have anything about DRM or Tages either and I found none of the files that indicates Tages is installed. Also, I was never asked to validate my CD Key during set-up or when I ran it.

This is about Rayman right? Just checking lol...

[quote name='asheskitty']
Like what?!? Never seen much bad about ACB. I've completed AC2/B/R. Probably just raging about the (at release) always-online DRM that was later removed.
[/QUOTE]

I think I get it wrong... It seems it was AC Revelations the one that many people hated... The tower defense...

I decided I will not spent much. AC Brotherhood or darksiders 2? I ain't finished DS1... But I don't think it would reach that price EVER ($8 for the full pack)...

Here's a free Steam game code that I had lying around, decided to give it away in the spirit of giving :) Please post if you use it, no lurking!

Edit: Someone took it, don't know who though D:

Merry Doctor Who Christmas Special Day Everyone! Or just Christmas if you're into that :p

just so we're clear, there hasnt been any announcment about far cry 3 going on sale, right? i want to use that 5 dollar gift card that activates on jan 1 for far cry(if there is a sale, if not its just gonna rot unless they add hitman absoultion o the editor's choice.)

@above, someone took it :( what was it?

[quote name='swizzy']just so we're clear, there hasnt been any announcment about far cry 3 going on sale, right? i want to use that 5 dollar gift card that activates on jan 1 for far cry(if there is a sale, if not its just gonna rot unless they add hitman absoultion o the editor's choice.)

@above, someone took it :( what was it?[/QUOTE]

Avadon: The Black Fortress

I'll edit the post now, just wish I knew who took it D:

[quote name='chaosking121']Here's a free Steam game code that I had lying around, decided to give it away in the spirit of giving :) Please post if you use it, no lurking!

Edit: Someone took it, don't know who though D:

Merry Doctor Who Christmas Special Day Everyone! Or just Christmas if you're into that :p[/QUOTE]

You should say what it is. A person may try to redeem it and not realize it's something that they don't even want.

Edit: that was quick. I hope they enjoy it!

[quote name='headpiece747']Picked up Saints Row 2 for $2.50 for Gentlemen of the row mod.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking about getting that one. Thanks for the heads up on the best mod compilation.

As for Ubisoft promo, either going Heroes of Might and Magic V or an older Splinter Cell game. Can't decide.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']For me, the EA credit is worthless. I mean, I'm glad you guys are trying new things, but there's absolutely nothing on sale at EA that when combined with the coupon is anything remotely a deal. At least, not for me. I'd have gotten the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle if it'd stayed 11.99, but they moved it up just in time to avoid the coupon. Oh well. I would have gotten a ME 2 or 3 DD, but nope. No sale. Everything EA moved back up just in time to avoid the coupon. Coupons where prices are raised to make them usable reminds me of the worst practices of grocery stores where prices aren't low to make room for the "(insert grocery name) Card" and its low prices.

I'd rather just have low prices, period.

No offense to you, Tony. You know I love you and your efforts here. It's just this particular type of deal doesn't work when the publisher isn't playing along.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. Total dick move on EA's part. Why even agree to participate in this promotion if they're just going to make all their sales expire or go slightly ($5) higher in price before it hits? Epic bull.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No, but there was enough negative sentiment here, combined with the data analysis and projection around the strength of the deals we have in place (they are doing really well) to merit not risking further kicking the hornet's nest.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
-looks at walkonshadows-

:cry:

Can anyone who's gotten the Darksiders Franchise pack tell me if each of the 14 items in it is it's own entry in our games/software library with its own cd key?

[quote name='juanjava']This forum was very hepful, always...

So... Here's my opinion about Steam sales:

AVMLG-2756F-LL7G7

;)[/QUOTE]

Already owned. And that's funny...I won't spoil it.:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back