Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KBoom']So far I haven't received the 2K coupon e-mail. Are those still being rolled out?[/QUOTE]

Tony said not to worry unless you don't receive it by tomorrow morning. So I would guess the expect to be sending them out throughout the night.

[quote name='MikeE021286']I just got mine within the last hour. I'm on the east coast[/QUOTE]
My 2K purchase was on Dec 24th. So I hope it counts.

[quote name='shaggyc']Tony said not to worry unless you don't receive it by tomorrow morning. So I would guess the expect to be sending them out throughout the night.[/QUOTE]
Oh, thanks for the heads up :)

[quote name='inm8num2']Is there any way to view your promotional credits in your Amazon account?

It's a minor issue, but in the future it would be awesome if you could do this. Each promotional credit could have a valid date range and link to the rules/info about how it applies.

Just a small thing to throw out there. Enjoy the rest of the holiday, everyone![/QUOTE]

The only way that I know of to do this is to go the left hand side of the page and click on the instant video rentals. Click on any video that costs money and in the middle of the page there should be a link (it's kinda hidden) that says something along the lines of check your promotional balance.

It shows all your promo credits including your gift card balance.

[quote name='CheapThomas']what i'd like to find out is if the game doesn't show up on steam, can we still activate the code there?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

I've had friends activate retail keys for games that are no longer available for sale on Steam. The game gets added to their account just fine.

[quote name='xanchui']eetbk-xbvr9-5lp4q[/QUOTE]

Twas Duke Nukem forever. Now what am I supposed to get with my free coupon tomorrow? :)

Oh, thanks for the code.

[quote name='MikeE021286']The only way that I know of to do this is to go the left hand side of the page and click on the instant video rentals. Click on any video that costs money and in the middle of the page there should be a link (it's kinda hidden) that says something along the lines of check your promotional balance.

It shows all your promo credits including your gift card balance.[/QUOTE]

Cool, yea I've checked that way before, but the only thing is that the credits aren't broken down or specified. Like in this case, the game credits are for specific products only, not any game purchase.

Again, no biggie, but maybe it's something Amazon can add in the future to account pages - to see a breakdown of promotional credits.

Is there anything I can buy right now cheap to get a 2k coupon?
I know this has been asked already.. but I didn't pay attention to the answer because I thought I already had one and now I can't find it. :cry:

[quote name='glennfrank']Is there anything I can buy right now cheap to get a 2k coupon?
I know this has been asked already.. but I didn't pay attention to the answer because I thought I already had one and now I can't find it. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Civ V DLC.

Still waiting on a 2k promo credit here as well. If it helps anyone, I'm in the midwest and my order was placed on Dec 20th. I wonder if they're rolling them out by time zones because those people will hit midnight sooner than others. Or at least will bee 3 hours deep into 12/26 when Amazon's promo credit goes live at 12 midnight PST.

Does anyone know if we actually need to be notified via email before having the promo code in our account ready to use? Did anyone try with the EA, Ubi or THQ promo credit without getting the email first? I'm wondering if the credits will go live at midnight PST and we can start using them even if we don't have the email yet.

[quote name='GBPackRat']Does anyone know if we actually need to be notified via email before having the promo code in our account ready to use? Did anyone try with the EA, Ubi or THQ promo credit without getting the email first? I'm wondering if the credits will go live at midnight PST and we can start using them even if we don't have the email yet.[/QUOTE]

someone mentioned earlier that the credit was showing without them having received the email.

Just got my 2k code! My THQ one has been spent (DS II pack) and nothing good on the EA side

Thanks for everything you a your team do Tony, it's awesome to have someone we can talk about suggestion, issues, requests, etc. And not only that you do it in the most awesome way. If I had been you I might have lost my patience a couple of times with some of the ridiculous, entitled complains we see sometimes around. There were some really awesome sales, plus the $5 out-of-the-blue discounts. Merry Christmas to us indeed!

Happy Holidays and thanks again to the entire DVG team and you in particular

Here's the update on Rayman Origins:
It downloaded a single EXE and an html page of my key. so far so good.
- Saw it install in the wizard and saw no signs of TAGES when it did this in the process. It's possible I missed it though, alt tab'd away for a moment.
- Used ProtectionID to scan the folder with Rayman Origins, found no signs of it. It said the same thing, just a serial check on activation.exe and rayman origins.exe.
- did a search for "tages", DID find something in the activation.exe with this written. uh oh.

Figured i'll try running it. It updated, no problem. weird. Needed another update, gave it the other update, okay. Now I'm set.
Figured i'd play, no problems again. Weird. Weirdest part is it never asked me for a serial number or had an activation splash screen. Just started, continued, was done.

Taking the chance i hit the activation.exe. this brings up a new window and a program that's clearly DRM asking me to activate the product. Okay, so this is the drm here. yet... i can delete these just fine and nothing happens. Game still runs just fine, even after deleting the exe, the dll, and the xml for activation, leaving me nothing behind.

I don't have a secondary computer to try this on so I C&P'd the files to a different HDD, Activation stuff deleted. Still had no issues. So... the next step for me now is seeing if anything in my registry has TAGES in it. Any tools people want me to run on it? So far I'm seeing the same things the last person did - can't find any DRM. Didn't even ask me for a serial, which is weird. Right now it's like... if I wanted to I *could* activate it and have the DRM. Yet... I don't have to? What?

So yeah, if anyone's got any tips on what I should be looking for/wants a more in depth check on this, ask away.

[quote name='shaggyc']Tony said not to worry unless you don't receive it by tomorrow morning. So I would guess the expect to be sending them out throughout the night.[/QUOTE]

I thought these publisher coupons were only good for today?

I received two Ubisoft coupons but only one worked. What is the general recommended course of action? I'm sure it's been answered already and I'm sorry for missing it.

[quote name='xanchui']try EICJI-Y66RI-X67CB and find out =p[/QUOTE]

I'd try it.. but on the off chance its not the same game as the last code.. I don't want to be greedy with all these great games your giving away :)

[quote name='whitereflection']I thought these publisher coupons were only good for today?

I received two Ubisoft coupons but only one worked. What is the general recommended course of action? I'm sure it's been answered already and I'm sorry for missing it.[/QUOTE]

The 2k one starts tomorrow and runs through the 5th I think. The Ea and THQ were today.

Tony also stated one coupon per publisher per account. Multiple emails were a mistake.

[quote name='whitereflection']I thought these publisher coupons were only good for today?

I received two Ubisoft coupons but only one worked. What is the general recommended course of action? I'm sure it's been answered already and I'm sorry for missing it.[/QUOTE]

1 per publisher per person

[quote name='xanchui']try EICJI-Y66RI-X67CB and find out =p[/QUOTE]

Since Shaggy didn't want to try it, I gave it a go and it's just what I was looking to try out on PC after being disappointed with the crazy load times on the XBOX. Thanks for the Christmas gift!

[quote name='tritangle']Since Shaggy didn't want to try it, I gave it a go and it's just what I was looking to try out on PC after being disappointed with the crazy load times on the XBOX. Thanks for the Christmas gift![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya. I wanna try it out and see if it really is as great as everyone has said! :)

I guess my 3 requests last night for an answer on a PM from steam's sale of Dark Messiah are just going to get ignored.

So I'll assume it's a no.

Still a great sale.

Guess I gotta use my Ubi thing before it expires.

First four ACreed games for ~17$
or
I am Alive for 4 somethin.

[quote name='Progamer665']So that $5 thq coupon can't be used on the Saints Row 3 season pass?[/QUOTE]

No, because it is $0.01 too cheap. Your purchase needs to be above $4.99 per the email for the coupon to apply.

[quote name='slappynutz']Just got my 2K $5 and thinking about Xcom while it's still cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ah well the code isn't working on Xcom even though the page is live.

Oh man! I saw SRTT: Full for $7.49 this morning and decided to wait until after I celebrated Christmas to get it using the $5 THQ coupon. Now, I don't know what to get from THQ (CAG-World Problem).
I think for my Ubisoft one, I'll get AC:Brotherhood or Heroes of Might and Magic V.

[quote name='shaggyc']The 2k one starts tomorrow and runs through the 5th I think. The Ea and THQ were today.

Tony also stated one coupon per publisher per account. Multiple emails were a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Then I used my coupon on a game I didn't even want, and now I can't get the game I do want for cheap.

The $5 credit for the Editor's Choice games in January are not limited to 1 per account, are they?

[quote name='scrappler']someone mentioned earlier that the credit was showing without them having received the email.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, might just try walking through the checkout tomorrow morning on a 2K bundle to see if my credit is there even if I don't have an email yet. I'd assume the promo credit system and the email notice system are independent of each other. I couldn't get Tony to confirm it, but my guess is, all codes will be there at midnight while there might still be some backlog of emails going out.

In either case I'll just check back in the morning before I go to work.

Thanks again Amazon folks for making this a pretty amazing digital x-mas!

[quote name='whitereflection']Dammit! Then I used my coupon on a game I didn't even want, and now I can't get the game I do want for cheap.

The $5 credit for the Editor's Choice games in January are not limited to 1 per account, are they?[/QUOTE]

The actual coupons are not limited 1 per account, are limited 1 per publisher. The EC games are not limited at all. You can use as many 5$ coupons as you have ;)

[quote name='sittinghawk3']The 2k code isn't until the 26th i believe. By then, xcom sale is done.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jugglenaut']The code won't work until tomorrow for 2k games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scrappler']4 more hours[/QUOTE]

I think you guys are being very unreasonable! You expect people to read the offer that they got in their email? Come on now! ;)

As for thinking of possibilities to WHY there seems to be no sign of TAGES, I've got a theory for it: the Amazon installer. It's possible that though it installs Rayman Origins.exe it doesn't install Activation.exe too, just like how it doesn't run the updater . As a result, only one of them

Couple more checks: looked for the .sys files mentioned here on getting rid of it:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/3975-63-tages-driver-install

Clean. No problems here then.
Uhh...
So this is *DRM-Optional*? Gotta say I like your way of doing things, Tony. Whichever hamster programmed it this way deserves a biscuit. $5 Rayman Origins + $5 coupon in Jan (now can I use them all, probably not).

I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first post.

First I wanted to thank Tony for all his hard work keeping everyone updated.

Secondly, I wanted to ask a question. I've been buying digital games off of Amazon for a while, and sometimes I get a review screen during checkout, sometimes I don't. Is there some setting I'm missing, or have I messed something up? I have one of the 2K credits for tomorrow, and I'd like to make sure it was applied before I check out.

[quote name='Krummith']I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first post.

Secondly, I wanted to ask a question. I've been buying digital games off of Amazon for a while, and sometimes I get a review screen during checkout, sometimes I don't. Is there some setting I'm missing, or have I messed something up? I have one of the 2K credits for tomorrow, and I'd like to make sure it was applied before I check out.[/QUOTE]

after you click buy there should be a review screen. you should see "promotion applied" in the calculation to your final total.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Here's the update on Rayman Origins:
It downloaded a single EXE and an html page of my key. so far so good.
- Saw it install in the wizard and saw no signs of TAGES when it did this in the process. It's possible I missed it though, alt tab'd away for a moment.
- Used ProtectionID to scan the folder with Rayman Origins, found no signs of it. It said the same thing, just a serial check on activation.exe and rayman origins.exe.
- did a search for "tages", DID find something in the activation.exe with this written. uh oh.

Figured i'll try running it. It updated, no problem. weird. Needed another update, gave it the other update, okay. Now I'm set.
Figured i'd play, no problems again. Weird. Weirdest part is it never asked me for a serial number or had an activation splash screen. Just started, continued, was done.

Taking the chance i hit the activation.exe. this brings up a new window and a program that's clearly DRM asking me to activate the product. Okay, so this is the drm here. yet... i can delete these just fine and nothing happens. Game still runs just fine, even after deleting the exe, the dll, and the xml for activation, leaving me nothing behind.

I don't have a secondary computer to try this on so I C&P'd the files to a different HDD, Activation stuff deleted. Still had no issues. So... the next step for me now is seeing if anything in my registry has TAGES in it. Any tools people want me to run on it? So far I'm seeing the same things the last person did - can't find any DRM. Didn't even ask me for a serial, which is weird. Right now it's like... if I wanted to I *could* activate it and have the DRM. Yet... I don't have to? What?

So yeah, if anyone's got any tips on what I should be looking for/wants a more in depth check on this, ask away.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkZero104']As for thinking of possibilities to WHY there seems to be no sign of TAGES, I've got a theory for it: the Amazon installer. It's possible that though it installs Rayman Origins.exe it doesn't install Activation.exe too, just like how it doesn't run the updater . As a result, only one of them

Couple more checks: looked for the .sys files mentioned here on getting rid of it:

Uhh...
So this is *DRM-Optional*? Gotta say I like your way of doing things, Tony. Whichever hamster programmed it this way deserves a biscuit. $5 Rayman Origins + $5 coupon in Jan (now can I use them all, probably not).[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Thanks for checking on it. I don't know that I would feel comfortable buying it still but I am probably just extra paranoid about those old disc based DRM schemes and no way no how ever want them under any circumstances.

Still, this is useful info. Good job on the digging.

I think it's probably something that Amazon should clear up with Ubisoft at some point though. I mean if the DRM is completely superfluous they might as well just remove it and remove it from the store page because it will deter sales for some people.

I know the minute I read Tages I'm out and I'm not the only person who thinks that way.

[quote name='scrappler']after you click buy there should be a review screen. you should see "promotion applied" in the calculation to your final total.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Sometimes when I make a purchase I don't get a review screen, does the promotional code trigger one?

For example, I purchased something earlier tonight, and this was all there was for the review screen: http://i.imgur.com/1hFza.jpg

After I selected my card, it took me to the download page.

[quote name='DarkZero104']As for thinking of possibilities to WHY there seems to be no sign of TAGES, I've got a theory for it: the Amazon installer. It's possible that though it installs Rayman Origins.exe it doesn't install Activation.exe too, just like how it doesn't run the updater . As a result, only one of them

Uhh...
So this is *DRM-Optional*? Gotta say I like your way of doing things, Tony. Whichever hamster programmed it this way deserves a biscuit. $5 Rayman Origins + $5 coupon in Jan (now can I use them all, probably not).[/QUOTE]

Have you launched and played the game yet? A lot of DRM doesn't activate upon install, but upon first playing.

[quote name='Krummith']Thanks! Sometimes when I make a purchase I don't get a review screen, does the promotional code trigger one?

For example, I purchased something earlier tonight, and this was all there was for the review screen: http://i.imgur.com/1hFza.jpg

After I selected my card, it took me to the download page.[/QUOTE]

hmmm...i don't even get that screen because i have a gift card balance. maybe some others can chime in, but for me i always get a review/summary screen before submitting.

[quote name='Krummith']Thanks! Sometimes when I make a purchase I don't get a review screen, does the promotional code trigger one?

After I selected my card, it took me to the download page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's weird, I got that too for one thing. For most of the games I get a review screen, but for Saint's Row the Third Season's Pass I get that prompt to pick a payment method too.

[quote name='Krummith']I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first post.

Secondly, I wanted to ask a question. I've been buying digital games off of Amazon for a while, and sometimes I get a review screen during checkout, sometimes I don't. Is there some setting I'm missing, or have I messed something up? I have one of the 2K credits for tomorrow, and I'd like to make sure it was applied before I check out.[/QUOTE]

Do you have 1-Click enabled? Because it sorta sounds like sometimes you are hitting the 1-Click option, that just takes you straight to the order processed page

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back