Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

Never received my 2k coupon. I pmed you with my previous purchase info but is there a better point of contact to get that taken care of? I'm sure you are constantly overflowing with pm's

Thanks

and nm just got my credit. Thanks!!

[quote name='DropZite']Tony,

Anything on the missing emails for the $5 promo credit on the Editor's Choice games? I've have 10 different Order ID that I bought last night / early morning (depending on your timezone) but I only receive 1.

I sent you a PM with the last 3 Order ID that didn't get the $5 promo credit.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I also have not received emails for $5 editor's choice coupons.

[quote name='Metroidman']Wait what sale on Civ on the 28th? SOMEONE TELL ME[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, someone pointed out to me on another forum that I forgot the 2K coupons only apply to $9.99 and up (sorry guys brain not working) this means the Civ sale will still be awesome (75% off everything a la carte) but a lot of the stuff won't be coupon applicable.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Emphasis added.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We PMed steams stuff this AM, other distributors will be on an ad hoc basis.

Oh got it. We won't have that again in December.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'm gonna buy the 2k strategy pack this month and wait for a 75% on that... I'm not comfortable with the total war+viking bundle.

[quote name='Metroidman']So the Super Strat Pack will be cheaper?[/QUOTE]

No, everything here (I'm assuming) will be 75% discounted
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_lin..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1447754622&pf_rd_i=1000716161

Had coupons for THQ, EA, 2K and Ubisoft. The only one I've used so far was the THQ one. The Saints Row the Third deal was just too good to pass up, but I haven't really seen anything else that floats my boat. XCOM was actually a better deal yesterday without a coupon than it is today with the coupon.

Tony, I was wondering if a purchase of "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [Mac Download] by Aspyr" warranted a 2K coupon despite it being by "Aspyr" seeing as how it is so...close to "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [Download] by 2K Games" and all.

For auld lang syne, Tony. For auld lang syne.

[quote name='Metroidman']So the Super Strat Pack will be cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Negative, as I stated before, the Super pack remains the best value, however for those who would prefer to only purchase components of it, all Civ stuff will be 75% off on 12/28. The strat pack is already well over 75% off.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='teenwolf']Tony, I was wondering if a purchase of "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [Mac Download] by Aspyr" warranted a 2K coupon despite it being by "Aspyr" seeing as how it is so...close to "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [Download] by 2K Games" and all.

For auld lang syne, Tony. For auld lang syne.[/QUOTE]

Negative, different publishers.

Cheers,
Tony

BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

How dare they! For you OK, for them...work, work work.

Keep it up Tony. Love the sales!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! That's my sweet spot for Amalur :)

Tony,

As promised, here's some live feedback on what I purchased this holiday season specifically from Amazon Digital and why. Hope it helps!

1.) 2K Strategy Super Pack - $19.99 - Bought this on 12/20 before I even knew about the pubs promo credit. I thought this was an amazing deal compared to other places (steam included) and I didn't have any of it yet, so I jumped at the $19.99 price and the $5 EC credit was a nice bonus.

2.) LEGO Lord of the Rings and Scribblenauts Unlimited, again the price at $7.50 was so amazingly low compared to other places I had to jump. I think it'll be a while before these title drop this low on a regular basis, so jumped at the chance to get them. I think both also came with the $5 EC credit which again is a nice bonus.

3.) Next was the Darksiders Franchise Pack. I almost got this when it was at $13 dollars, but the fact that I could knock another $5 off with the THQ credit it was an amazing deal. I already had Darksiders, but at $8ish, that was low enough for just Darksiders 2 that I jumped at the chance again. I think I picked up some cheap DLC on the 24th just to get the $5 bonus, to then use that bonus on the 25th. This also triggered a $5 EC credit.

4.) I then used that 2K $5 credit today to get the Desert to Sea Bundle. I wasn't going to get this at $9.99, but at $4.99, it was totally worth it to me. I already had Bioshock 1 and 2 for the xbox, but I was really gunning for Spec Ops: The Line and at $4.99, that game alone was cheaper than anywhere else. So again I jumped at the price. This one didn't trigger the $5 EC credit, don't know if it was suppose to or if that stopped on 12/25.

All in all I'm really excited about my purchases. I got the Civ Bundle because I thought the price was amazing, I think its the only one I really would have bought on its own merit. Lego LOTR and Scribblenauts Unlimited were so much cheaper than anywhere else and were just released that pretty much convinced me to buy them. The Darksiders DLC purchase and the Franchise Pack I never would have bought without the credit, so the credit entirely drove that purchase. And again having the 2k $5 credit drove purchasing Desert to Sea Bundle. I never would have bought it without the credit.

I would have and did buy the civ bundle entirely on its own merit without needing the credits as an incentive. I also wasn't as excited about the EC $5 credit for next month as I was about the $5 pub credit. I think that's because a lot of the EC games are more expensive and to be honest, my price point on digital games is $5 - $20, so anything more and I just wait for it to come down in price. So even with the $5 EC credit on a lot of the currently posted games, I doubt I'll go after any of them. However, if you add some bundles or games at the $10 - $20 price point, I might bite again.

There ya have it, hope you enjoy the feedback and start running you analysis on it. Its only fair your willing to be pretty transparent with us on how your end works, so we should do our part and explain the why's behind our purchases.

Thanks again for everything you do for us!

Tanner Dabel

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any chance of a Sims 3 deal in January?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can you do me a solid and add hitman absolution to the editors choice? or put far cry 3 for sale; or if you're feeling really generous do both, whatever floats your boat, brah :p

[quote name='swizzy']Can you do me a solid and add hitman absolution to the editors choice? or put far cry 3 for sale; or if you're feeling really generous do both, whatever floats your boat, brah :p[/QUOTE]

I did get a nibble on FC3 for the Editor's Choice list from UBi, waiting to see what their final thoughts are before posting specifics though. It looks like we'll be adding to the EC list in some capacity, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='amazon dvg deals'] there will be more stuff added, example, the amalur bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, [/quote]

[quote name='DropZite']Tony,

Anything on the missing emails for the $5 promo credit on the Editor's Choice games? I've have 10 different Order ID that I bought last night / early morning (depending on your timezone) but I only receive 1.

I sent you a PM with the last 3 Order ID that didn't get the $5 promo credit.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='georgebot84']I also have not received emails for $5 editor's choice coupons.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we need to Hightlight our text so Tony would notice..

I also did not receive an email for the $5 promo credit + the other promos. I did not use any of the publisher credit when I ordered earlier.

[quote name='TheHeretic']

Maybe we need to Hightlight our text so Tony would notice..

I also did not receive an email for the $5 promo credit + the other promos. I did not use any of the publisher credit when I ordered earlier.
[/QUOTE]

SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you do it, Tony (and I work Customer Service at a big-box retailer...)

Zo-no! I could have saved $2 if I had waited for Kingdom of Amalur! Then again, I'll be back at work then, at least buying early I can enjoy it on my days off. Totally worth the $12. Anxiously (and patiently) waiting for more EC titles to spend my coupons on. Make me spend more money Tony!

I did not pick up anything 2K this sale, was on the fence for a while with a few but decided against it. So far Amazon has given me:

Kingdom of Amalur Complete
- And the EA coupon it provided got me to get the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack
Darksiders 2 - Argul's Tomb
- And the THQ coupon it provided got me Darksiders 2: Season Pass
LEGO Harry/Batman collection
LEGO LotR
LEGO Batman 1

Now mainly waiting for the EC items on Jan 1.

I also got 1 game from GMG, and a couple bundles and extra games/DLC from Steam, but this is an Amazon thread

[quote name='awestover89']Zo-no! I could have saved $2 if I had waited for Kingdom of Amalur! Then again, I'll be back at work then, at least buying early I can enjoy it on my days off. Totally worth the $12. Anxiously (and patiently) waiting for more EC titles to spend my coupons on. Make me spend more money Tony!

I did not pick up anything 2K this sale, was on the fence for a while with a few but decided against it. So far Amazon has given me:

Kingdom of Amalur Complete
- And the EA coupon it provided got me to get the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack
Darksiders 2 - Argul's Tomb
- And the THQ coupon it provided got me Darksiders 2: Season Pass
LEGO Harry/Batman collection
LEGO LotR
LEGO Batman 1

Now mainly waiting for the EC items on Jan 1.

I also got 1 game from GMG, and a couple bundles and extra games/DLC from Steam, but this is an Amazon thread[/QUOTE]

We'll also be adding TSW as well.

Cheers,
Tony

/me riots ... $2 cheaper KOA! outrage i tell you, outrage!

j/k .... Unless you magically pull off steam keys and then doubleoutrage! =)

Just out of curiosity, how many Cags were able to use their $5 EA Christmas day only coupon? I didn't see anything on sale/worthwhile besides the "Burning, Sabotaging, etc" bundle which I already owned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great news. I missed Amalur Bundle sale. Glad I can use a coupon and get it for 10$.

Thank you Tony!

Nice. I'm sure there will be a few EC games I'm willing to buy. I just bought my husband two more Christmas presents, so he can't be too pissed at how much I've spent on games :twisted:

Is the DRM-free version of Civ 4: Complete up to date? Some reviews/comments from a year ago mention needing to apply patches, but I'm wondering if the Amazon package was updated. Thanks!

[quote name='BellardB']Just out of curiosity, how many Cags were able to use their $5 EA Christmas day only coupon? I didn't see anything on sale/worthwhile besides the "Burning, Sabotaging, etc" bundle which I already owned.[/QUOTE]Picked up Darksiders Franchise for $8.19

[quote name='BellardB']Just out of curiosity, how many Cags were able to use their $5 EA Christmas day only coupon? I didn't see anything on sale/worthwhile besides the "Burning, Sabotaging, etc" bundle which I already owned.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Picked up Darksiders Franchise for $8.19[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Except that's THQ and not EA

[quote name='zerokoolpsx']picked up darksiders franchise for $8.19[/quote]
ea =/= thq

I didnt even use mine...nothing I wanted from the EA selection at those prices

I used the EA coupon on the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack. 5 games for $8 seemed like a good deal. Wouldn't have gotten any of them if it weren't for the coupon though

[quote name='Fluxy']dang no EA coupon to help me get bf3 prem edition, this sucks XD, shouldve bought something from ea...[/QUOTE]

Coupons expired after 25th.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Popcorn Party with Paddington! He loves the DRM conversation :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Share the popcorn w/ us! :D

[quote name='Shing0']Coupons expired after 25th.[/QUOTE]
yep, only thing I would have used it on but the sale started on the 26th :/

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I didnt even use mine...nothing I wanted from the EA selection at those prices[/QUOTE]
This.

IMO:
THQ coupon was good (Darksiders II & SRTT)
Ubisoft coupon was average (I didn't want any AC games, and Shoot Many Robots wasn't price matched to Steam.)
EA was bad (only that shooting, etc. pack was a good price - and I already own most of the games on Steam)
2K coupon is decent so far (the best deals include games that I already own, but some of the rest aren't bad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back