Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, someone pointed out to me on another forum that I forgot the 2K coupons only apply to $9.99 and up (sorry guys brain not working) this means the Civ sale will still be awesome (75% off everything a la carte) but a lot of the stuff won't be coupon applicable.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Can you have G&K be only 66% off on the 28th? That would make it $10 (wink wink, nudge nudge). :cool:

Also: When will we get to find out more details about the other upcoming daily deals?
Upcoming Deals:

Check back every day between now and January 5, 2013 for new digital games deals. Here is a taste of what we have in store for the coming days:

12/27: The Walking Dead, Saints Row: The Third, F.3.A.R.
12/28: Civilization Games
12/29: Arma 2: Combined Operations, Mass Effect Trilogy, Big EA Bundle
12/30: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Hitman: Absolution
12/31: Spore Ultimate, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate

Also also: Sims 3 catalog on a daily deal at Steam, starting today. Are the hamsters rested?

[quote name='travathian']Tony,

Here's why I always try and buy from Amazon instead of Steam when the price is comparable or even close: I was able to get a hold of someone a bot from Steam digital customer service and my issue resolved ignored in less than two minutes months.

Two minutes months.[/QUOTE]

Also fixed.

[quote name='travathian']Tony,

Here's why I always try and buy from Amazon instead of Steam when the price is comparable or even close: I was able to get a hold of someone from Steam digital customer service and my issue resolved in less than two minutes.

Two minutes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like Steam's application, and their sales (usually) but their customer support is crap. I accidentally added a game to the wrong account. Hadn't downloaded, hadn't done anything with it. Messaged Steam the moment I redeemed and realized my mistake, their answer was pretty much tough luck.

Compare to Origin where I lost my CD-Key and they just gave me a new one, and Amazon who quickly provides refunds if you buy the wrong item, and Steam is in the CS dark ages.

Received my email with the 2K coupon\promotion, but it will not apply to my account when i try to purchase a game. Why is that?
59oFe.jpg

[quote name='mtommy79']Received my email with the 2K coupon\promotion, but it will not apply to my account when i try to purchase a game. Why is that?
59oFe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmm in this case contact CS, they'll see the promo got applied to your account but that you haven't used a 2K promo yet and they'll sort you out.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hmm in this case contact CS, they'll see the promo got applied to your account but that you haven't used a 2K promo yet and they'll sort you out.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick response. I'll do that. ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Some said they were able to get Amalur Complete for $9.99. What was that all about? The EA coupons expired yesterday.[/QUOTE]

$14.99 in the Editor's choice list.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Bought mafia and used a 2k coupon.

Do we get another coupon if we use the coupon on a purchase?[/QUOTE]

Another 2K credit...no. Prior purchases only and only 1 credit per pub.

January EC $5 credit...again, I believe the answer Tony gave was no.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']$14.99 in the Editor's choice list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Ah, I just looked through that but I must have missed it. Thanks.

Already grabbed it for $11.99 here, but that's an awesome price on the game. Much better than people made it out to be. It's not perfect and it has a good bit of flaws, but it feels like what Fable could have been if they didn't oversimplify the series.

(Also, I've gotten $5 January coupons while buying these $5 off publisher games. I have to many though, so it doesn't matter much.)

[quote name='Idiotekque']
(Also, I've gotten $5 January coupons while buying these $5 off publisher games. I have to many though, so it doesn't matter much.)[/QUOTE]

Interesting, as I have not. I'm not complaining as I already have more than I can use.

Edit: Scratch that...I did for EA and THQ (purchased early 12/25), but did not for Ubi and 2K (purchased late 12/25-26).

[quote name='pantsattack']Is Blades of Time going in the 2012 editor's choice games?[/QUOTE]

I hope both versions (Regular and Limited Edition) are added to the EC list.

I've got a lot of $5 off coupons, going through the editors choice, going to take an hour what ones to pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']Interesting, as I have not. I'm not complaining as I already have more than I can use.

Edit: Scratch that...I did for EA and THQ (purchased early 12/25), but did not for Ubi and 2K (purchased late 12/25-26).[/QUOTE]

Aw...so confused. I didn't get one with my THQ promo (Darksiders franchise). Tony said we probably wouldn't, so that's cool. I should have bought it earlier though because I only have 3, and I plan to use more than that. What else to buy to get them...hm...

How is Lego LOTR? Thinking of buying it to play through with my significant other, but I've never been introduced to LOTR or the Lego video game series. The consensus here seems to be that it's pretty good, but is it for someone who has no opinion on either of the series?

Just bit on the Batman Arkham GOTY pack. Figured both for $5 each was just too good to pass up.

Oh man...I think I'm addicted to buying games I'll probably never have a chance to play on Amazon. >.>

[quote name='Neuro5i5']January...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I thought but look at the original question. It was referring to people saying they purchased KoA, not planning to.

Oh well, thanks for confirming that Amazon didn't go forward early.

Tony, here's my feedback...

Amazon: 6 purchases
LEGO LotR
LEGO Harry Batman Pack
LEGO Batman
The WTF Pack
Bioshock Dual Pack
Darksiders II Franchise Pack

My only regret was no Mafia I / Mafia II deal.

Didn't get the $5 promotional credit email towards EC for two of my latest orders. But I'm gonna wait, maybe it will take some time to kick in.

By the way, games on Steam I purchased so far: 0

[quote name='Idiotekque']Shoulda grabbed when it was $15 bro! Even if it hits $15 in the EC list, it doesn't come with the new issue and extras. ;)

(Still, $10 for the game would be pretty awesome.)

So 2K patches the rosters themselves? What's the difference between that and user made roster patches?[/QUOTE]
is the secret world some kind of turn based mmo where you just click the enemy and you watch your guy/girl do all the work(like WoW) or is it active like guild wars 2?

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Just bit on the Batman Arkham GOTY pack. Figured both for $5 each was just too good to pass up.

Oh man...I think I'm addicted to buying games I'll probably never have a chance to play on Amazon. >.>[/QUOTE]

Lol Im the same ive got a bad habit with hoarding games

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Just bit on the Batman Arkham GOTY pack. Figured both for $5 each was just too good to pass up.

Oh man...I think I'm addicted to buying games I'll probably never have a chance to play on Amazon. >.>[/QUOTE]

Same. I did the math and so far this winter I have bought 47 games and 11 DLC. I have played 3 games and 0 DLC of that. My Steam list, more than half of the games have not been played at all yet, some going back 2 winter sales ago. Just so many good deals! Don't want to miss out

[quote name='swizzy']is the secret world some kind of turn based mmo where you just click the enemy and you watch your guy/girl do all the work(like WoW) or is it active like guild wars 2?[/QUOTE]
It's active.

And there are guns, so it's immediately better than other games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's active.

And there are guns, so it's immediately better than other games.[/QUOTE]
active, eh? how exactly is the F2P model on this game? is it some bs like star wars or what? i'm gonna go youtube some gameplay of this game. would you recommend this game?

Do the 30 day trials on MMOs such as FFXI start right when you purchase the game?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']$14.99 in the Editor's choice list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, Amalur doesn't appear in my EC list?!? in linky from email

Thoughts?

Just bought the Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands with my 2K credit.
Was debating it until I got the email with my promo.

Only thing left to do is wait till January to use my Ed.Choice promo's.

[quote name='swizzy']active, eh? how exactly is the F2P model on this game? is it some bs like star wars or what? i'm gonna go youtube some gameplay of this game. would you recommend this game?[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it much, but what I've played so far I've really liked.

It doesn't seem to be P2W (pay to win) where you're pretty useless unless you pay for better weapons, premium features, etc. It does have an in game store, but the things to buy there are very cosmetic. I just was reading something on the TSW forum awhile ago where someone suggested that paid for NPC mercenaries be added (a feature of GW2, apparently), and someone vehemently said "No! Keep the store cosmetic only!", so I see time and again that the store really is cosmetic.

All in the all, gameplay is clean and interesting. You can equip two weapon types at once, so for example, one of my characters has a shotgun and a magical sort of disc on my back that allows me to get up close and personal to use physical hand to hand magic attacks, and my other character has an assault rifle and dual pistols. The basics of combat generally consist of hitting your enemies with repeatedly with your small, simple attacks, building up "resources" (basically hit counters that build), and then unleashing an attacks that eats up those resources and does extra damage.

It's simple, but it keeps the game from becoming yet another button masher, and there is a lot of variation past that I'm sure. I really haven't played enough to unlock higher tiered attacks.

I bought it for the atmosphere, but like I said, the combat is pretty damn fun. You also can switch your movement/aiming to TPS style while you're in combat, which really helps when you're getting swarmed by zombies and whatnot, lol.

We really need to get a CAG TSW group going, too. ;)

[quote name='xanchui']How single player friendly is The Secret World?[/QUOTE]
Very, from what I've played. It's a common complaint that it would be nice for the game to have an offline mode; that's how single player friendly it is.

(Although I'm sure boss battles later on probably get significantly harder.)

[quote name='theemadgamer']Hmmm, Amalur doesn't appear in my EC list?!? in linky from email

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Tony said it will be added. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deviousnaraku']I hope both versions (Regular and Limited Edition) are added to the EC list.[/QUOTE]
Um.

Will the price go back up to normal in January? There's no way of knowing this, is there?

[quote name='bshirk']Do the 30 day trials on MMOs such as FFXI start right when you purchase the game?[/QUOTE]

They all typically start when the game is registered, not when it is purchased, with this exception: if you buy it directly from the publisher/developer, sometimes they register it automatically.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I already owned all of the 2k Games. I've had Bioshock 1 and 2 forever. Same with Darkness II, Civilization, Spec Ops, Borderlands etc...

So, with my $5 coupon I bought the only 2k game I was missing -- NBA 2k12. I'm not really into the NBA but I always loved the NBA 2k games. I just haven't bought one since 2k8 (?) the last year of College Hoops 2k. That way I could import draft classes and stuff.

So, I am pumped to play 2k12. The NBA 2k games have always been known for their sterling graphics and that was 5-6 years ago. I cannot wait to see it in 1900x1200, Dx11 with everything jacked to the moon.

Tony,

Any news on a War of the Roses deal for the new year that will work with the $5 coupon? I just about snagged it for the $15 recently but I am holding out hope it will be $15 and the coupon will make it $10. :D

Amazon, once again, gets most of my gaming dollars this year. My only gripe with amazon (and it is a small one) is how many e-mails you guys send me about coupons I have. I buy so much, I get 70-80 e-mails about promo codes I qualify for. Maybe something for the suggestion box would be a single alert that takes you to a page on your 'my account' that shows all of the promos you have/qualify for?

Thanks!

I'm grabbing NBA 2K12 with my 2K credit. Would love to get 2K13 for $10 within the next month, but there's no guarantee it will be on sale for $15 while on the Editor's Choice list, so I'll go with the old version. Thanks Tony!

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Very, from what I've played. It's a common complaint that it would be nice for the game to have an offline mode; that's how single player friendly it is.

(Although I'm sure boss battles later on probably get significantly harder.)[/QUOTE]

Sweet, hopefully there is a 50% off sale again before 12/31

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I'm grabbing NBA 2K12 with my 2K credit. Would love to get 2K13 for $10 within the next month, but there's no guarantee it will be on sale for $15 while on the Editor's Choice list, so I'll go with the old version. Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

I'll be laughing my ass off when I buy this for $5 in January.

[quote name='xanchui']Sweet, hopefully there is a 50% off sale again before 12/31[/QUOTE]
That would be good! You probably already know, but buying it before the 31st gets you the next issue (additional mission line, $5) and the Initiate pack (strong starter weapons, faction jacket, and a raven pet, $15).

Not totally essential things, but very nice to have.

I just remembered it's one of my friend's birthdays today. Spec Ops would be a great present but I already used up my 2K coupon (doh!). Anyone still have a valid coupon? I'll give a $5 gift card and you can keep Bioshock 1+2.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']They all typically start when the game is registered, not when it is purchased, with this exception: if you buy it directly from the publisher/developer, sometimes they register it automatically.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back