Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dfg']Disappointing because I assume it's a mistake, per Tony posting that it would not happen. Maybe he could clarify for us.[/QUOTE]

True. I really hope it manages to crop up. I've been tempted to buy Just Cause 2, but if that showed up for a reasonable price, I'd be all over it. I thought you were disappointed because you got it before. Someone joked about pitch forks, and I was hoping that really wasn't happening. That'd be ridiculous.

[quote name='realwords']How long after buying a game do we get our credit? I just bought EVE and there's no 5 dollar credit on my account yet.[/QUOTE]

I played Eve a bit, then I got tired of pretending the spreadsheet was a game. /rimshot

LOL just kidding, a lot of my buddies love Eve and have played since launch--man I wish I could get into it--but it makes me fall asleep.

><

Cheers and happy Eve'ing, you sir are a better man than me!

I have no clue if this will work...

But I heard if you're looking at picking up Secret World once the sale started but bummed about missing out on the expansion, you could try to get the 24 hour trial from someone the day before and pull the trigger once the price drops. The expansion will hopefully carry over or at least provide grounds for a request from CS.

[quote name='DeusAtrox']I played Eve a bit, then I got tired of pretending the spreadsheet was a game. /rimshot
LOL just kidding, a lot of my buddies love Eve and have played since launch--man I wish I could get into it--but it makes me fall asleep.

><

Cheers and happy Eve'ing, you sir are a better man than me!
[/QUOTE]

Stay away from Paradox games then =D

In Excel 5 there was a flight simulator as an easter egg though =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYb5GUs0dM

^^^^
I think Amazon used to have both the W1 and W2, but they were pulled because the publisher changed.

I just searched for the Witcher 1, and it's unavailable for purchase.

I still have my 2K holiday credit if anyone wants one of those $10 2K bundles for $5 let me know. I really don't want to let it go to waste, PM if interested.

I have pretty much everything from 2K that I want right now.

Has been used now, happy to help a fellow CAG :)

[quote name='bobphone']Let's get the giving started again today!!!! I will start us off.

Darksiders II Abyssal Forge DLC:
J23MG-ZQ4I3-D7HY4
[/QUOTE]

I already gave out Alan Wake and Darksiders yesterday, so I'll just match yours since it's all I got left.

Darksiders II Abyssal Forge DLC:
YFAA9-JJXT6-X9NHZ

[quote name='realwords']Ah, why not.

Darksiders II Mortis DLC:
IW3M8-D2M9Y-NYDMG
[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and took this, thanks. Not too often they aren't lurked.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer unless somebody is interested in Indie Game: The Movie.

I'm not going to ever download it, so:

Indie Game the Movie:
5RD2A-3DGFZ-FQB0X

[quote name='awestover89']Went ahead and took this, thanks. Not too often they aren't lurked.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer unless somebody is interested in Indie Game: The Movie.

I'm not going to ever download it, so:

Indie Game the Movie:
5RD2A-3DGFZ-FQB0X
[/QUOTE]

Anytime. :)

[quote name='randomdud']Here's my purchase list from late October (30th) and beyond.

LEGO Lord of the Rings
Tantalizing THQ Medley x2
Garshasp: The Monster Slayer
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Darksiders Franchise Pack (already own both games and several DSII DLC packs, but bought anyway to fill out my DLC and gift out the rest)
Zeno Clash
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle
Saint's Row The Third: FP
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Bought for a trade)
Dungeon Siege 1 (a la carte, not bundle)
Dungeon Siege 2 (a la carte, not bundle)
WB Combat Bundle
Paradox Majesty Franchise
Paradox War Chest
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
Legacy Interactive Bundle
Blacklight: Tango Down x 2 (Traded for)

In conclusion, you make me spend too much money, Tony, and I

[quote name='tjs09']I have a ton of duplicate games I have to give away eventually.

Who wants Darksiders?

CQVVN-AMXBC-HKR5A
[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit!

[quote name='CheapThomas']did you really buy the dungeon siege games for $30 a pop or were they on sale? I'm waiting for Tony to put the originals in a $5 bundle before I bite. I know they were in a recent bundle but the price point was a bit too high for me.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked I think they were $6 and $4 for DSII and DSI, respectively

OT: Has anyone played Witcher II? I stopped playing the first game because the UI wasn't pretty enough, has that changed at all?

First time buying games from amazon. Bought the Desert to Sea Bundle.

I've always buy from steam before but this time amazon's bundle deal is hard to resist.

Can't wait to use the $5 coupon in next few days.

Thanks Tony! :)

[quote name='jatan11t']I've talked with several people who did not even know Borderlands was included because it isn't in the picture.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The hand-of-cards look or overlapping cover graphics don't communicate effectively. The THQ pack with all the included game logos over a white background is ace.

TONY-sigh- i bought the 2k mega pack to use a 5$ off coupon, and bioshock 1, stronghold collection and civ IV didnt come with product keys and the Bioshock 2 code doesnt work in steam. You said all the games work with steam, besides civ rome

Tony whats the price point on tomb raider underworld tomorrow? And will the other tombraider games be on sale?

You must be tired of hearing these tomb raider questions from me now. LOL.

What is up with FarCry 3 physical media being $39 but the download being $49?

Really hoping to see some kind of sale, but matching their own price at a minimum would be nice.

I've been out of the loop for a few days now. Is it still possible to get the 2K $5 credit everyone is talking about? Using it for the Super Strategy Pack would be amazing.

I made two purchases on December 2 and another on December 18. I didn't bother with the bonuses as I was keen on activating and playing the games on Steam.

I'm curious if anyone knows what the bonuses were? 25 Squeel of Fortune Spins for Runescape, AirMech Holiday Gift Pack or something else? Also is there a way to retrieve them if you've deleted the e-mail already?

[quote name='Devasive']I've been out of the loop for a few days now. Is it still possible to get the 2K $5 credit everyone is talking about? Using it for the Super Strategy Pack would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately you needed to buy a 2K game on or before 12/25 to qualify. Will still get the EC coupon, but not the publisher coupons

[quote name='storm.exe']What is up with FarCry 3 physical media being $39 but the download being $49?

Really hoping to see some kind of sale, but matching their own price at a minimum would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with Black Ops II.. PCDVD is $39 but the Digital is $47.. I asked CS if they'd price match but was given a canned "We only do price match guarantee on TV's" response.. Didn't really argue it, even though they pretty obviously missed my point.

[quote name='awestover89']No, unfortunately you needed to buy a 2K game on or before 12/25 to qualify. Will still get the EC coupon, but not the publisher coupons[/QUOTE]

Damn, I picked the wrong time to hold off on being a CAG. =/

[quote name='macewank']I'm in the same boat with Black Ops II.. PCDVD is $39 but the Digital is $47.. I asked CS if they'd price match but was given a canned "We only do price match guarantee on TV's" response.. Didn't really argue it, even though they pretty obviously missed my point.[/QUOTE]

I just submitted a link to their own site for the "found a lower price?" link on FarCry 3.. maybe they will notice.

[quote name='storm.exe']I just submitted a link to their own site for the "found a lower price?" link on FarCry 3.. maybe they will notice.[/QUOTE]

sweet. I'll do the same. I also PM'd Tony about it.. Less for my specific case and more for curiosity on whether or not Amazon typically price matches that stuff.

[quote name='pantsattack']Yes. The hand-of-cards look or overlapping cover graphics don't communicate effectively. The THQ pack with all the included game logos over a white background is ace.[/QUOTE]
Need a new product graphics guy, Tony? I could create a hell of a lot more eye catching and functional images than the ones I'm seeing...

Mace and storm, the short story is physical and digital sales aren't a one to one. Having a warehouse with ten thousand copies of a game and a single text file with ten thousand keys, that is physical space on a shelf, makes the need to sell dvds greater than digital games. The physical side has their own different team than Tony's too.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Can't wait for next month when I use my $5 coupons. This will be the first game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't believe that's an actual game!

Here's a funny review:
5.0 out of 5 stars
Toilet Tycoon is the best toilet simulator
December 23, 2012

Crouching Gamer, Hidden Burrito

If only this game
Was playable on iPhone
Play while making poo.

My recommendation:
Buy it, play it, live it!

I say Tony leads a small, well equipped team of PCDD commandos into the warehouse, steals hundreds of Steam redeemable physical games, and sells them to us at 90% off! Or for free, if he's feeling generous.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I say Tony leads a small, well equipped team of PCDD commandos into the warehouse, steals hundreds of Steam redeemable physical games, and sells them to us at 90% off! Or for free, if he's feeling generous.[/QUOTE]

Operation Free Those Keys is a go.

^^^
Ya, after watching some Far Cry 3 reviews, it seems like a FPS meets Openworld/Sandbox meets RPG game. I might snag a copy via Amazon of course.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
Ya, after watching some Far Cry 3 reviews, it seems like a FPS meets Openworld/Sandbox meets RPG game. I might snag a copy via Amazon of course.[/QUOTE]

White Gold: War in Paradise it's still better.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I say Tony leads a small, well equipped team of PCDD commandos into the warehouse, steals hundreds of Steam redeemable physical games, and sells them to us at 90% off! Or for free, if he's feeling generous.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lnknprk']Operation Free Those Keys is a go.[/QUOTE]

Once in there:

"Sir, sorry... Operation GamersGate beat us... there's nothing here."

[quote name='tjs09']Hasn't it always been this way? I've never seen Amazon PM a flash deal..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Yeah, Amazon doesn't match the flash deals.[/QUOTE]
:whee:Next you guys are gonna tell me they don't PM International websites.

P.S. Thanks for the great deals!

[quote name='Stonekeep']White Gold: War in Paradise it's still better.[/QUOTE]

That game actually looks pretty cool; but the need for 3rd party patches is making me wary of buying it.

[quote name='wmclark']All I want for the new year is Torchlight 2.

Thanks for the awesome deals, Tony.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread then. Torchlight 2 isn't on Amazon.

[quote name='fignutz32']:whee:Next you guys are gonna tell me they don't PM International websites.

P.S. Thanks for the great deals![/QUOTE]

They don't. :lol:

Sorry, it's hard to weed out who's being serious and who's not.

[quote name='wmclark']All I want for the new year is Torchlight 2.

Thanks for the awesome deals, Tony.[/QUOTE]
You could've bought it on GamersGate. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back