Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
CIV 5 GOTY was $12.50 and 2K coupon eligible [bringing the price down to $7.50]

**EDIT**
Here's to hoping Tomb Raider: Underworld flips to a sub $3 price at midnight PST!!!

Sounds like I didn't miss much. Better to buy the Super Strategy pack if I'm interested in Civ 5.

Speaking of which, if I were to buy the Super Strategy pack, would I own every last piece of Civ 5 DLC? Or is there something not included?

[quote name='Tolyngee']Yeah, that was a one-day sale event.

I just bought the 2K Strategy Pack for $14.99 though instead.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
Ya, get the 2K Super Strategy Pack [make sure it is the SUPER pack that includes the God&Kings expansion][/QUOTE]

Actually, it's the 2K Strategy Super Pack if you want to get that technical with exact precise wording.

But it's the only 2K pack with Civ 5 GOTY anyway, so I'm not sure what your point was.

EDIT: The Mega Pack apparently also has Civ 5 GOTY. Someone just interested in Civ games isn't going to be interested in that pack though. Either way, all of this is in the OP.

[quote name='The End']Sounds like I didn't miss much. Better to buy the Super Strategy pack if I'm interested in Civ 5.

Speaking of which, if I were to buy the Super Strategy pack, would I own every last piece of Civ 5 DLC? Or is there something not included?[/QUOTE]

You still need this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack

It was $1.87 yesterday; now it's $3.74.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Actually, it's the 2K Strategy Super Pack if you want to get that technical with exact precise wording.

But it's the only 2K pack with Civ 5 GOTY anyway, so I'm not sure what your point was.[/QUOTE]

He was just trying to help you out man. No need to take it any other way.

[quote name='Tolyngee']You still need this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack

It was $1.87 yesterday; now it's $3.74.[/QUOTE]

Oh Ok, thanks. I had a feeling that there was something else.

[quote name='The End']He was just trying to help you out man. No need to take it any other way.
[/QUOTE]

By potentially causing confusion?

My apologies for abbreviating anything. Next time people can just look at the OP.

Actually, I think he meant it could be confused with the Mega Pack. Apparently that also has Civ 5 GOTY.

But someone just interested in Civ 5 isn't going to want that pack anyway, and it's no where near the price I mentioned.

You know, this has all the makings of the stupidest argument in the history of the internet. I think I'm just gonna back out of this right here.

Thanks to both of you for the answers to my questions.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Actually, it's the 2K Strategy Super Pack if you want to get that technical with exact precise wording.

But it's the only 2K pack with Civ 5 GOTY anyway, so I'm not sure what your point was.[/QUOTE]

When the deals first launched there was an older strategy pack by 2K that had the same games but without the Gods and Kings expansion. It too was $20, and had 1 less game.

Here it is, although it looks like the price is now back to the pre-sale price:
http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-40897rategy-Pack3-Strategy/dp/B006OF1BCG

I was referring to the previous posts:
did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...
Yeah, that was a one-day sale event.

I just bought the 2K Strategy Pack for $14.99 though instead.

Thanks The End, didn't mean to rile up this thread,
He was just trying to help you out man. No need to take it any other way.

[quote name='Mooby']This can only be settled by a fight to the death.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't help remind me of Captain Ronald Speirs from Band of Brothers. He'd tell soldiers their problem isn't that they're scared (everyone's scared), but that they still have hope. Once you accept that you're already dead is when you can finally become the soldier you need to be.

The man survived the entire European Theatre (including D-Day) with that attitude, and without much of a scratch to boot. Why he wasn't killed at the Battle of Foy is anyone's guess.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Hey, Mooby. Lets fight. I wanna make i name for myself for being the first person to defeat whatever you are.[/QUOTE]
Slay the troll!

Hey Tony, I noticed that a whole bunch of point-and-click adventure games are also on pretty good sales right now, like the Black Mirror series ($1.99) and Gray Matter ($4.99) and this bundle of 4 Mystery Adventure games ($9.99). I guess CAG probably isn't the prime demographics for those games so you don't mention them a lot, but I was wondering if you could tell us 1) when those prices are going to end and 2) if there's any DRM on those games. I know they're not Steam-redeemable but is there TAGES or Securom or them or anything like that?

[quote name='DemonKysho']Hey, Mooby. Lets fight. I wanna make i name for myself for being the first person to defeat whatever you are.[/QUOTE]

Can I come too?! I wanna watch Dobby 2.0 wipe the floor with you. Oh, I like pie. :)

Did Amazon add more games to the 2011 Editor's Choice list when they did this promotion last time? I want to order Hitman Absolution, and would love to use my $5 credit to get it for $14.99. I will probably hold out until at least when the promotion starts before I pull the trigger, since Hitman will still be on sale when the $5 credit becomes eligible.

Another 2012 Editor's Choice question:

When games get added to the list, does the list grow or does it take the place of another? I wasn't around much for the 2011 EC so I have no idea.

[quote name='tenzor']Did Amazon add more games to the 2011 Editor's Choice list when they did this promotion last time? I want to order Hitman Absolution, and would love to use my $5 credit to get it for $14.99. I will probably hold out until at least when the promotion starts before I pull the trigger, since Hitman will still be on sale when the $5 credit becomes eligible.[/QUOTE]

yeah
$14.99 would be pretty sweet

[quote name='faceless007']Hey Tony, I noticed that a whole bunch of point-and-click adventure games are also on pretty good sales right now, like the Black Mirror series ($1.99) and Gray Matter ($4.99) and this bundle of 4 Mystery Adventure games ($9.99). I guess CAG probably isn't the prime demographics for those games so you don't mention them a lot, but I was wondering if you could tell us 1) when those prices are going to end and 2) if there's any DRM on those games. I know they're not Steam-redeemable but is there TAGES or Securom or them or anything like that?[/QUOTE]

Aren't those games just knock-offs of Limbo of the Lost? The artwork sure looks similar to Limbo, weird...

[quote name='PenguinJim']Why would you mention that game?
you've forced me to post this
:([/QUOTE]

Epic ending!?

EPIC *GAME*!

Look at it, then look at other games. Amazing how other games have mimicked it?

[quote name='faceless007']Hey Tony, I noticed that a whole bunch of point-and-click adventure games are also on pretty good sales right now, like the Black Mirror series ($1.99) and Gray Matter ($4.99) and this bundle of 4 Mystery Adventure games ($9.99). I guess CAG probably isn't the prime demographics for those games so you don't mention them a lot, but I was wondering if you could tell us 1) when those prices are going to end and 2) if there's any DRM on those games. I know they're not Steam-redeemable but is there TAGES or Securom or them or anything like that?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well.

I don't know if anyone here is interested in point-and-click adventures, but just in case, here are some of the more interesting-looking ones I've found on sale for peanuts right now. I haven't played any of these so I make no claims as to their quality. Tony, if you could tell us when this sale is supposed to end and if these have any DRM that would be awesome.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Aren't those games just knock-offs of Limbo of the Lost? The artwork sure looks similar to Limbo, weird...[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of Limbo of the Lost, but based on the Google results about it, if anything it's probably the other way around.

[quote name='faceless007']I've never heard of Limbo of the Lost, but based on the Google results about it, if anything it's probably the other way around.[/QUOTE]

That's the joke.

Has Amazon ever thought of getting more indie titles? Small titles such as FTL, Limbo, Atom Zombie Smasher, Awesomenauts or maybe some collaboration with the various indie bundles. These sort indie titles are pretty much the only games that interest me on Steam and the only purchases I've done through their storefront through the past year.

I don't know if it's possible simply because they're smaller software developers and I'm not too keen as to how you interact with the developers/publishers.

[quote name='tenzor']Did Amazon add more games to the 2011 Editor's Choice list when they did this promotion last time? I want to order Hitman Absolution, and would love to use my $5 credit to get it for $14.99. I will probably hold out until at least when the promotion starts before I pull the trigger, since Hitman will still be on sale when the $5 credit becomes eligible.[/QUOTE]

He said Hitman will most likely not be on the Editor's Choice list.

[quote name='Tolyngee']The single Amazon user review:

Metascore: 69/100 Critics, 7.5 Users

Can't go too wrong with $2.99? Plus, you get yet another $5 credit for the EC list starting next week!

I bought![/QUOTE]

I'm gonna wait another hour, if there's nothing better on gmg I'm gonna buy this too.

[quote name='sirius389']I still have my 2K holiday credit if anyone wants one of those $10 2K bundles for $5 let me know. I really don't want to let it go to waste, PM if interested.

I have pretty much everything from 2K that I want right now.

Has been used now, happy to help a fellow CAG :)[/QUOTE]

same as him , I don't want anything from 2K so I'm not gonna let this coupon wasted

[quote name='reyhantyo']same as him , I don't want anything from 2K so I'm not gonna let this coupon wasted[/QUOTE]

Same, the only thing I want is Darkness 2. If anyone wants Duke Nukem Forever and Borderlands lets make a deal. :)

[quote name='faceless007']I don't know if anyone here is interested in point-and-click adventures, but just in case, here are some of the more interesting-looking ones I've found on sale for peanuts right now. I haven't played any of these so I make no claims as to their quality. Tony, if you could tell us when this sale is supposed to end and if these have any DRM that would be awesome.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.[/QUOTE]

I never knew that cursed mountain was on the pc. I heard it was a decent game.

[quote name='reyhantyo']same as him , I don't want anything from 2K so I'm not gonna let this coupon wasted[/QUOTE]

If the coupons still available, I could use the Darkness 2/Borderlands pack. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this previously, but the Hitman Triple Threat Pack seems like kind of a false deal. Before today, the bundle was $29.97, but each game individually was $2.99, which adds up to $8.97 if you wanted to buy all these games. Now the bundle is $8.99, but each game individually is listed as $9.99. I don't know if this was some kind of mistake and I wish I had capitalized on it if it was. Maybe after today it'll go back to the previous price?

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I never knew that cursed mountain was on the pc. I heard it was a decent game.[/QUOTE]

It is a decent game, and actually probably better on the PC, the Wii controls were unresponsive and clunky a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back