Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']The Amazon "Software/Video Game Downloads" balance shows you the credits you've received from the F2P promo stuff (and others), but NOT the EC promo. We had this discussion at length beginning when the EC credits started.

The only known way to track the EC credits is via emails received.[/QUOTE]

Where do you even find that balance though?

And even to track the others through email seems almost impossible. They'd spam around 3 emails at a time all with different promos for different things. Then there was those weird promos only good for a day, then the FTP credits, etc etc etc this is a MESS!

The system is a bit of a mess, no doubt. The only way that has been presented for the EC credits to be tracked that is known correct is via email. Personally, as soon as I place an "order" and receive my promo emails, I just flag it (the EC promo only) for follow up in Outlook. I have 20 flags that I can then keep track of without digging through my emails. But that's just me.

Edit: I don't track the F2P promo stuff as it doesn't concern me. However, I initially did the the same thing with them only using a different color flag. I just don't "trust" the counter that Amazon has in several locations as it seems generic in description. I've been using this method since getting an Amazon account and will continue doing it this way until Amazon sets up a "Promotional Credit" section in my actual account page that can link each credit to an order.

If you've lost track of e-mails just check "Your Games and Software Library" on Amazon (this is the page with Steam keys & download links). The default sort is by purchase date... every purchase on or after November 16th should give you one $5 credit. Just remember to count bundled games as a single purchase.

If my Outlook filtering skills are up to par, I've got 22 credits. Wow. Didn't think I'd made that many Amazon DVG purchases in the past two months.

[quote name='oscargrouch']i wonder if the credit for the Prototype pack ever got straightened out...[/QUOTE]

If you mean the backfills...then in my case, no. I'm at 20+ EC promo's, and only have 5 things left on my personal wishlist (of which Amazon only carries 3), so I haven't bothered with it. But, it should be straightened out, even if only for keeping up with past promises.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']If you mean the backfills...then in my case, no. I'm at 20+ EC promo's, and only have 5 things left on my personal wishlist (of which Amazon only carries 3), so I haven't bothered with it. But, it should be straightened out, even if only for keeping up with past promises.[/QUOTE]

Yup that was what i was talking about. It would put me at 11 promo codes. I doubt i will use that many, but ya never know.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I totaly missed out on this :(

[quote name='Uverworld']Still haven't received my 2K coupon :/ . I bought the 2K Shooter Pack on the 24th[/QUOTE]

Tony was asking people to PM him their Order ID if they did not receive their credits. Though some people did mention that they were able to have their credit apply at checkout, even without receiving the email previously.

Apologize if it's been posted but Far Cry 3 standard and deluxe downloads are $37.49 and $44.99 respectively. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

[quote name='Kecir12']Apologize if it's been posted but Far Cry 3 standard and deluxe downloads are $37.49 and $44.99 respectively. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.[/QUOTE]

All they are doing is price matching the Steam sale......

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony was asking people to PM him their Order ID if they did not receive their credits. Though some people did mention that they were able to have their credit apply at checkout, even without receiving the email previously.[/QUOTE]
Still no coupon. PMed Tony, no reply :cry:

[quote name='mtxbass1']Ctrl+F "steam" - No results found except people thinking this would register on steam and it wouldn't.

That's too bad, as I'd buy this one in a heartbeat if it registered.[/QUOTE]

If you want it on Steam, just get it from Steam as it's the same price.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Ctrl+F "steam" - No results found except people thinking this would register on steam and it wouldn't.

It's that price, right now, on Steam.

In case anybody was wondering... I was getting conflicting reports and you need the UBI DRM no matter where you buy it so I decided to just get Anno 2070 on Amazon (missed the flash sale last night because I couldn't get the page to load) ....

Anyway, it is apparently NOT able to be registered on Steam. Oh well, guess that's another "non-steam link" I'll have...

Yesssssss one of the games I was hoping for is in the Steam sale. Now to wait for it to join the EC if it isn't there already. Totally should be by any angle really, it's a 2012 PC game that was of decent importance as it took a 360 exclusive to PC *and* American Nightmare was a bit of a hit. Good start for the coupons!

CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance

[quote name='DarkGamer11']CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You should totally play Catherine then. j/k

I've been playing SR3 for a while and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. But in your case, I'd say anything that involves lots of gratuitous destruction should fit well. Don't know what you have or don't have that's currently on sale, so it's hard to make a specific recommendation.

This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You my friend are unfortunate and brave. Hopefully the following posts will be nothing but positive outpourings of support. I personally embraced Sins of the Solar Empire: Rebellion over the weekend and after getting my ass kicked numerous times by the AI, I can recommend it highly.

For anyone still looking for something to buy with their 2k coupon, I highly recommend NBA 2k12. That is what I used my 2k coupon on and if you google "NBA 2k12 Ultimate Rosters" you will come to a website that has a full mod withg all of the following:

Roster sets from 1987-2012
Draft classes from 1987-2012
Logos and expansion sets from 1987-2012
Arenas from 1987-2012
Cyberfaces for all players (I haven't noticed one missing yet) from 1987-2012

So, I started my career in 1991 and have draft classes to last me forever.

Pretty epic, IMHO.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I've been playing SR3 for a while and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. But in your case, I'd say anything that involves lots of gratuitous destruction should fit well.[/QUOTE]
In that vein, also Just Cause 2 and I have fun in Far Cry just screwing with the bad guys without actually taking over their bases. Setting mine traps for the reinforcements, hiding and then pelting them with arrows or molotov cocktails, getting in a car and letting them chase or or trying to ram their jeeps off cliffs, etc. Just dumb stuff like that. Good luck with the recovery.

Get "To The Moon".. It's $4.99 in Steam right now.

[quote name='DarkGamer11']Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things?[/QUOTE]

Something like Civilization or Total War might help. Any kind of overhead strategy that will occupy your concentration.

Sorry about your getting dumped. I've just begun dating a (beautiful) young lady I've had a crush on for years. Your fortunes will improve.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']You should totally play Catherine then. j/k

I've been playing SR3 for a while and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. But in your case, I'd say anything that involves lots of gratuitous destruction should fit well. Don't know what you have or don't have that's currently on sale, so it's hard to make a specific recommendation.[/QUOTE]

Ha oddly enough Catherine has always interested me. I have considered it. As for SR3 I picked it up here recently so I could give that a go. Haven't played it any yet.

Nothing beats blowing the s*** out of 1,000 baddies in the final level of Serious Sam 3.

Pretty intense. If it doesn't take your mind off things, then nothing will.

[quote name='avwjase']For anyone still looking for something to buy with their 2k coupon, I highly recommend NBA 2k12. That is what I used my 2k coupon on and if you google "NBA 2k12 Ultimate Rosters" you will come to a website that has a full mod withg all of the following:

Roster sets from 1987-2012
Draft classes from 1987-2012
Logos and expansion sets from 1987-2012
Arenas from 1987-2012
Cyberfaces for all players (I haven't noticed one missing yet) from 1987-2012

So, I started my career in 1991 and have draft classes to last me forever.

Pretty epic, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes, that covers not only the Jordan championships, but even the "Bad Boys" Pistons champ runs as well.

I might just have to snag this.

I'd say Just Cause 2. Total sandbox destruction at it's finest.

[quote name='Uverworld']Still haven't received my 2K coupon :/ . I bought the 2K Shooter Pack on the 24th[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Placed my order on the 24th as well, so I imagine it has something to do with the holiday rush. Just sent Tony an Email. Although tbh, I don't know if I will even use my 2k coupon. I already bought the Strategy pack, and I don't play fps games, so I am not seeing much to use it on

I'm pretty sure the Amazon versions of FarCry1 and 2 are both DRM FREE [they were both part of the Ubisoft DRM FREE BOGO Sale back in early 2012].

An MMO is the way to go. There are a bunch of free ones, or you can grab something like The Secret World of Guild Wars 1 or 2. The point is, MMOs are HUGE timesinks, which definitely helped me escaped the crappy things in my life (breakups, depression over other things). Most recently I got sucked into APB Reloaded, which took up about 20 hours of my life.

The Secret World will be discounted soon on Amazon, so I'd recommend that highly. If you need some people to play with, there's actually a CAG Steam group for the game, if you decide to get into it. PM Idiotekque and he'll get you added to the group. Nothing better to get through a break up than playing games with a couple of buddies.

On a side note, and also having been in a similar situation, if you need any support at all, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back