Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah, got a reply from Tony! Thanks!!!

Not sure how you do what you do and manage to stay sane. :) I know support stuff and dealing with people is 'not' always easy.

Question: If I buy the Borderlands GoTY edition from the action bundle, can I choose which dlc I want to install? I don't wanna get stuck with securom from Mad Moxxie and the zombie dlc.

[quote name='Scouter']sweet, i'll wait for the restock then. thanks![/QUOTE]

Since it's a restock, not certain I'd say the free DLC is guaranteed since it's a new set of keys. Just saying.

You can still hope, but don't buy with the absolute expectation their new keys will still have free DLC.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Question: If I buy the Borderlands GoTY edition from the action bundle, can I choose which dlc I want to install? I don't wanna get stuck with securom from Mad Moxxie and the zombie dlc.[/QUOTE]

I bought the steam version from Amazon a while back, it only had one key, so there is no way to pick and choose dlc.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not having that issue, but whenever I attempt to play it, all I get is a black screen when the levels load. I get the guy telling me how to kill people, and that's that. The entire rest of the game is black. I can hear sounds, etc, like the game is running, but everything else is just pure black.

I've given up on the game tbh. Worst money I've spent on amazon recently.[/QUOTE]

Could this be an OpenGL issue? I had something similar on a different game. My laptop has both onboard video and a separate video card. I had to force my laptop to only use the separate video card to get OpenGL games to work.

[quote name='Scouter']sweet, i'll wait for the restock then. thanks![/QUOTE]

There is no guarantee that when it comes back in stock that will still be the price as it was matching the Steam sales price which expires tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Tolyngee']$9.99 (with coupon), included four DLCs[/QUOTE]

The version that was for $10 with the coupon was the vanilla one, no DLC.

[quote name='jrodri86']The version that was for $10 with the coupon was the vanilla one, no DLC.[/QUOTE]

I bought it, and so did others.

It said vanilla, but came with four DLCs. Others also stated this.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Question: If I buy the Borderlands GoTY edition from the action bundle, can I choose which dlc I want to install? I don't wanna get stuck with securom from Mad Moxxie and the zombie dlc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can play the base game + the clean dlc just fine. I got it a couple of years ago, have been playing it again regularly since BL2 came out, while I can afford it, and have never, ever, had to mess with either securom or gfwl.

Just don't touch anything related to those two dlcs.

All DLCs files install, but Moxxi and Zombie are not "activated". When you select Moxxi or Zombie you are prompted to enter DLC key and installation finishes for selected DLC.

[quote name='Chaosblack1991']Sorry for the noob question, but where is everyone getting the $5 coupon from?[/QUOTE]

Games purchased between Mid-Nov and Dec 31st came with a $5 coupon for Editor's Choice games purchased between Jan 1st-31st.

Too late to get any coupons now.

[quote name='glennfrank'][quote name='SCMoney360']Tsw question:

Anyone know how easy you can copy these files to another computer?[/QUOTE]

I did it. Copied from my PC to my laptop - after copying I re-ran patcher setup and the client patcher and about 5 mins later I was gtg.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic information. If I ever need to re-download, I'll skip the 16-hour grind at home, and DL the files onto the lappy at work using the corporate network. Thanks!

[quote name='nosferatu51']You can only be SURE you got it about an hour in when you gain access to the in-game store as you can finally check the "Boosts" section and see if Issue 5 is listed with a price or for $0. That being said, I think all you have to do is register and you should be fine. I don't think it actually has to be claimed by that point.
[/QUOTE]

Once you create a character, you'll be able to access the store and "buy" Issue 5. I only had 20 minutes or so of playtime this morning, and haven't completed the tutorial yet; but I was able to go to the web-based store and acquire Issue 5.

[quote name='turls']Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Always on "patching resource database" 4/4.[/QUOTE]

I don't keep up on the whole arrr-ye-maties underverse, but I wonder whether the TSW files can be acquired via that route. I can't see Funcom having a problem with torrent-based distribution, since the activation still has to be done through their servers before play can commence. (If Blizzard is okay with torrents, I'd expect any MMO publisher to feel the same.) Anyone tried this?

[quote name='Tolyngee']Games purchased between Mid-Nov and Dec 31st came with a $5 coupon for Editor's Choice games purchased between Jan 1st-31st.

Too late to get any coupons now.[/QUOTE]

OHH ok no problem then.

[quote name='jrodri86']The version that was for $10 with the coupon was the vanilla one, no DLC.[/QUOTE]

I too got the Steam version and it came with 4 DLC.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not having that issue, but whenever I attempt to play it, all I get is a black screen when the levels load. I get the guy telling me how to kill people, and that's that. The entire rest of the game is black. I can hear sounds, etc, like the game is running, but everything else is just pure black.

I've given up on the game tbh. Worst money I've spent on amazon recently.[/QUOTE]

disable surfaces from option. You guys are so lazy, you encounter a bug and give up on games :)

I thought there was just one version available for MP3, it just varied if it was Steam or non-Steam? Was there a bundle version?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So Amazon has a game called Mutant that looks pretty campy/badass:

http://www.amazon.com/Strategy-First-1683-Mutant-Download/dp/B0030GG1F4/

Anyone ever play it? I can't find it on any other store (Steam, Gamersgate). Does it go by another name?[/QUOTE]

The character alone makes me want to buy it:
51je-YACvtL._SS400_.jpg

Here's some video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmg39yYi-c

That's telekinesis, Kyle!

If it were cheaper I'd buy it because like you said, it looks campy and badass at the same time.

P.S. Sorry for the bad formatting of this post.

[quote name='espy605']I thought there was just one version available for MP3, it just varied if it was Steam or non-Steam? Was there a bundle version?[/QUOTE]

The Steam key included 4 of the DLCs when registered.

[quote name='espy605']I thought there was just one version available for MP3, it just varied if it was Steam or non-Steam? Was there a bundle version?[/QUOTE]

No bundle, and it didn't say anything about DLC, but once I bought it (Steam version) and installed it, the four DLC were listed as active and installed on Steam

Simply put, at least for the Steam one, the vanilla one ended up being the not-so-vanilla one.

You only realized it once you bought it, and redeemed it on Steam and looked at your available DLC.

How long til just a MP3 vanilla comes back in stock? Im probably gonna grab the Season Pass anyways, but would love to get MP3 vanilla for 9.99 after coupon. Gotta get rid of these coupons.

[quote name='Abeja']How long til just a MP3 vanilla comes back in stock? Im probably gonna grab the Season Pass anyways, but would love to get MP3 vanilla for 9.99 after coupon. Gotta get rid of these coupons.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, it's only Jan 2nd. There's 29 days to go!

I have two dozens coupons, and I'm in no hurry to burn through 'em!

Rocksmith still hasn't even made it to the EC list yet. Who knows what else is going to magically appear?

[quote name='Abeja']How long til just a MP3 vanilla comes back in stock? Im probably gonna grab the Season Pass anyways, but would love to get MP3 vanilla for 9.99 after coupon. Gotta get rid of these coupons.[/QUOTE]

It might not come back at the same price, if I'm not mistaken it was an Steam PM

Unknown and if it doesn't come back today it will probably go back to regular price as it was a daily deal Steam price match.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Whoa, it's only Jan 2nd. There's 29 days to go!

I have two dozens coupons, and I'm in no hurry to burn through 'em!

Rocksmith still hasn't even made it to the EC list yet. Who knows what else is going to magically appear?[/QUOTE]

IM TOO IMPATIENT. CAG makes me feel like I have to buy everything then get rid of it within 24 hours.Well thankfully a great CAGer was selling one for 12.5. I wasnt going to wait on 2.5. Although Id still like to grab one at 9.99 for a friend.

[quote name='mnemnoch']@Tony

Sniper Elite V2 in not included in the Editor's list?

:([/QUOTE] I was going to ask the exact same thing. How its not on Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games list?

[quote name='DonRamon']Yeah, you can play the base game + the clean dlc just fine. I got it a couple of years ago, have been playing it again regularly since BL2 came out, while I can afford it, and have never, ever, had to mess with either securom or gfwl.

Just don't touch anything related to those two dlcs.[/QUOTE]

that was my understanding as well - based on some posts over at steam - but when I installed it from steam on top of a new windows 8 build, I found it had installed securom on my pc. At least the various methods/tools you can use to uninstall securom told me I had it installed.

btw - I had not visited any of the DLC locations.

anyhow, I plan to just remove securom once I finish the game or just not worry about it since I don't use the drive on that pc.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The character alone makes me want to buy it:
51je-YACvtL._SS400_.jpg

If it were cheaper I'd buy it because like you said, it looks campy and badass at the same time.

P.S. Sorry for the bad formatting of this post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, coincidentally, it is only $9.95 on the Strategy First site. Maybe Amazon will match their MSRP and then have it at 75% off some time this year. I would bite at $2.50.

I also found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Team-am-weapon-Download/dp/B009K6YKYM/

I saw this on Greenlight I thought or maybe Gamersgate and was really interested in it. At $1.99 I am biting. Don't think it was in a bundle or anything that I can recall?

[quote name='ochentay4']I was going to ask the exact same thing. How its not on Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games list?[/QUOTE]

Because "Editor's Choice" really means "Publisher's Choice, with Editor's Scheduling".

The EC list will change throughout January. Lots of games will rotate through the list. Patience, young padawan. ;)

You're really confused why Sniper Elite 2 is not on the list? It's not exactly a critical or commerical darling. What about it makes you think "Oh that's gotta be on the list for sure" other than "I wants it!"

[quote name='Corpekata']You're really confused why Sniper Elite 2 is not on the list? It's not exactly a critical or commerical darling. What about it makes you think "Oh that's gotta be on the list for sure" other than "I wants it!"[/QUOTE]

"I wants it!" seems to be the main reason why most people insist their game of choice be on this list.

[quote name='espy605']"I wants it!" seems to be the main reason why most people insist their game of choice be on this list.[/QUOTE]

This is why Risen 2 should be on there!

[quote name='Corpekata']You're really confused why Sniper Elite 2 is not on the list? It's not exactly a critical or commerical darling. What about it makes you think "Oh that's gotta be on the list for sure" other than "I wants it!"[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,185 in Video Games

That might be why it's not on Amazon's EC list?

[quote name='LN3000']Well, technically, the Steam version was not updated or re-branded to Developer's Cut, rather the Developer's Cut was added as a separate game.
So, not sure how that would work, but it's doubtful that you'd get the game extra from anywhere else, as I don't think Amazon has a way to retroactively give games like Steam (Steam does it basically as 'subscriptions')

So I can basically play either version.
divinity.PNG
[/quote]

@LN3000
That's awesome for Steam-version owners. :D
For those w/ Securom keys for DKS - Larian says contact their support; give them your Securom key; and Larian will give you a voucher for DC to get it through the Larian Vault.
I'm going through this process w/ them - since the Amazon DVG version that I bought before it went DRM-FREE had a Securom Key - so I'll let you all know how it goes. :D

@TONY
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We have the DRM free build.
[/QUOTE]
Of what? DKS Edition or DC Edition?
There's a newer edition of Divinity 2: DKS Edition, which is called Divinity 2: Director's Cut Edition.

I have Divinity 2: DKS Edition (Non-Steam), which I already have from you guys - DRM-FREE; & and back when it was Securom-laced.

I'm looking if you know if you have the newest updated version of it, called Divinity 2: Director's Cut (which was released in November 2012 on Steam and GOG).
I really don't feel like re-downloading to figure out if you guys got DKS updated to DC Edition.

[quote name='Mooby']This is why Risen 2 should be on there![/QUOTE]

For some reason I agree when I also want this game. Also Alpha Protocol.

Noooo... Why did I buy the shooter pack a year early and not play them? (Got that stupid SecuRom version of Bioshock when I purchased the pack early)

Mutant and I Am Weapon reminds me that we need to mention these sub-$5 games more here for next holiday (presuming Amazon still does the $5 promo again). These would have been fun to mess around with and earn a $5 credit to boot.

EDIT: Hm, I never really took a hard look at all the Strategy First games en masse on Amazon before. There are some fairly cheap and interesting ones on there. I wouldn't mind some kind of mix-and-match bundle.

Interesting to me:

• Mutant
  • I Am Weapon
  • Hellforces
  • Gods: Lands of Infinity SE (vanilla version is on sale for $5.00)
  • Valkyrie: Ascension to the Throne
  • Legio
  • Border Zone

[quote name='sunasun']To find your $5 promotional credits, search for 1000728511 in your email.[/QUOTE]

Really good tip.

I have 46 credits, I'd better not calculate how much money I spent.....

Well, I believe I did get like 5 of them from demos before my conscience told me to stop. Got no problem with Amazon invalidating those now.

[quote name='MysterD']

Of what? DKS Edition or DC Edition?
There's a newer edition of Divinity 2: DKS Edition, which is called Divinity 2: Director's Cut Edition.

I have Divinity 2: DKS Edition (Non-Steam), which I already have from you guys - DRM-FREE; & and back when it was Securom-laced.

I'm looking if you know if you have the newest updated version of it, called Divinity 2: Director's Cut (which was released in November 2012 on Steam and GOG).
I really don't feel like re-downloading to figure out if you guys got DKS updated to DC Edition.[/QUOTE]

I am downloading it now and will see which version it is.

I want to gift a game to a friend, so we can play MP. What you say is better to play, only 2 players? Borderlands GOTY (amazon pack) vs payday (steam right now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back