Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if it is still possible to get a coupon somehow? (Doubtful)

I am interested in Assassins Creed Revelations, even without it, could anyone purchase it for me (From AUS).

[quote name='juanjava']I want to gift a game to a friend, so we can play MP. What you say is better to play, only 2 players? Borderlands GOTY (amazon pack) vs payday (steam right now)?[/QUOTE]

Payday is a lot more addictive coop-wise than BL2 is, in my opinion. Great little game.

[quote name='juanjava']I want to gift a game to a friend, so we can play MP. What you say is better to play, only 2 players? Borderlands GOTY (amazon pack) vs payday (steam right now)?[/QUOTE]

Aside from both being shooters, they're very different games. Borderlands is a FPS/RPG mix and would probably be more of a long-term investment if you intend to play coop with your friend. The GOTY edition has a ton of content in it as well.

Payday is a decent game, but best played now and then rather than for an extended amount of time. I've had fun playing it with friends, but it's mostly been a game we hit when we have 15-20 minutes to kill while we are waiting for someone to come online, etc.

So was I wrong in thinking that all those $5 coupons for the 2012 Editor's Choice games stacked? I got about six of them but only one registers when I try to buy a game from the list.

[quote name='zillionandnine']So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']One big tip is to use the WASD controls to move while you hold down the right mouse button. You'll be able to maneuver around while also having mouse look. I felt the exact same way when I first played Everquest back in the day but after I started holding down the right mouse button when moving it's perfectly natural to me. I hope you enjoy the game! I am really digging it because it feels like a good single player RPG with multiplayer as a nice extra.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaOTiK']You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']@walkonshadows Just a random thought... how much space do you have free on the drive you're trying to dl/install TSW to? TSW installed consumes 37 GB, and you probably need a bit more room for it to uncompress downloaded files. So if you have less than 37+15 GB free, that could be the problem. (I had 60 GB free on that drive, and the TSW installer/patcher ran completion/error. A quick relaunch and it declared all good). I was using the setup.exe from the TSW account page.

Don't forget the mocking and ridicule we subject "keyboard turners"* to.

*Turning with the keyboard is always slower than turning with the mouse.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nosferatu51']See my tip earlier about remapping the strafe and turn keys (essentially swapping them). Using tab to change targets is helpful at times. I keep frequently used "spells" on 1-4/5 and less often elsewhere. Those not on 1-5 are often clicked with a mouse as a result, but that is just what i've gotten used to. It is a different control mechanic, but one that is pretty consistent throughout most MMOs and my tips would help you acclimatize to any of them. Think of it as playing an FPS where you are switching your guns frequently?[/QUOTE]
GUYS!!

Just press "T" in game and the aiming scheme will witch to TPS mouse controlled aiming with a reticule/strafe WASD movement...

Jeez. >.>

[quote name='emwearz']Does anyone know if it is still possible to get a coupon somehow? (Doubtful)

I am interested in Assassins Creed Revelations, even without it, could anyone purchase it for me (From AUS).[/QUOTE]

No, and they are tied to whatever account that got them.

? Amazon doesn't sell ACR on its own right now, and the price for ACR Gold is really high. Link?

[quote name='Anjon']So was I wrong in thinking that all those $5 coupons for the 2012 Editor's Choice games stacked? I got about six of them but only one registers when I try to buy a game from the list.[/QUOTE]

Yes you were wrong. They do not stack.

[quote name='espy605']Payday is a lot more addictive coop-wise than BL2 is, in my opinion. Great little game.[/QUOTE]

I think we may be in the minority on that one.

Any CAG willing to help me get Hotline Miami? i only had 1 EC credit and used it :(
Or is there a thread that I should be visiting for such requests?

[quote name='Idiotekque']GUYS!!

Just press "T" in game and the aiming scheme will witch to TPS mouse controlled aiming with a reticule/strafe WASD movement...

Jeez. >.>[/QUOTE]

Ah. Nice. I was finding the controls annoying. I haven't actually played any MMO prior to this, and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Now to decide on buying. My vid card is a bit lacking. My frame rates are middling at a rather low resolution, but it is playable.

[quote name='SCMoney360']I think we may be in the minority on that one.[/QUOTE]

I think we are, but I still like Payday a lot.

BL2 is a great game, I have both, but it's not constantly tense like Payday is. The coop in Payday you are constantly communicating about who is doing what, and if someone messes up everyone really feels it. The objectives make you feel like you are in a heist or crime movie.

BL2 is fun, but more about leveling up and looting, playing it with other people doesn't add a whole lot to the experience like Payday does. I play BL2 in short bursts when I want to shoot things and level up.

RE: Borderlands or Payday

Payday pretty much needs to be played with 4 people. You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4.

I'm sure I've seen this question brought up already but I can't find it anymore so please excuse this repeat:

I'm seeing some absurd number of credits under "Software/Video Game Downloads" here , when you click "Enter Your Code"

This is bugged out right? It doesn't apply when I purchase games, will it ever apply/get fixed?

[quote name='Corpekata']RE: Borderlands or Payday

Payday pretty much needs to be played with 4 people. You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to disagree. Things just become sort of a snafu with 4 players, especially if they're playing "lone wolf" style.

I think the difficulty and playability are their most balanced with 2 players.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I am downloading it now and will see which version it is.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks.
Let me know if it has the new developer's console to activate console-commands and all of that crazy stuff that makes it Developer's Cut...or not!

[quote name='diishen']I'm sure I've seen this question brought up already but I can't find it anymore so please excuse this repeat:

I'm seeing some absurd number of credits under "Software/Video Game Downloads" here , when you click "Enter Your Code"

This is bugged out right? It doesn't apply when I purchase games, will it ever apply/get fixed?[/QUOTE]

When buying games last month, it would give you the $5 EC credit, and 2 other credits, Adventure Quest Worlds Amazon Warrior Armor and Airmech Holiday Gift Pack, each about $10. I think that's where it's coming from.

Was able to sell my NBA 2K12 key so I can grab 2K13, really glad this deal showed up so soon! Definitely interested in Spec Ops and Darkness II for $2.50 each, and might grab the Mass Effect games. I appreciate the deals so far!

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd have to disagree. Things just become sort of a snafu with 4 players, especially if they're playing "lone wolf" style.

I think the difficulty and playability are their most balanced with 2 players.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think there are many people that would say playing Payday with 2 braindead bots all the time is the ideal solution, but hey, more power to you. There are so many situations in the game that work much better if you have more than 2 lines of site covering different areas.

So, for those who have NBA2K12 and NBA2K13...

...what are the NEW features and game-modes in NBA2K13?
...Which has better gameplay?

And also - is there a Ultimate Base Roster type of Mod out for NBA2K13 yet?

[quote name='Idiotekque']GUYS!!

Jeez. >.>[/QUOTE]

Omfg. That's so easy. Haha. I'm going to try that now!

There's very little new between them on PC. To be honest they have been going down hill since 2k11 on the PC ports

[quote name='SCMoney360']Someone go start a payday cag group.
Let's rule the world![/QUOTE]

Everyone would die because one guy would constantly be saying, "There should've been free games this month don't you guys think so??? Guys???"

This mightve been answered but I didnt find it!

Will there be another way of earning more promo credits to use on the EC sale, seeing as the sale will feature different titles as time passes?

Only reason I ask is because I had 5 and I pretty much used them all up already and the sale has only been going on 2 days!

On another note, thanks Tony, for all you do. You have made Amazon Digital not only the cheapest but best way to shop for these downloadable games!

[quote name='zechs34']This mightve been answered but I didnt find it!

Will there be another way of earning more promo credits to use on the EC sale, seeing as the sale will feature different titles as time passes?

Only reason I ask is because I had 5 and I pretty much used them all up already and the sale has only been going on 2 days!

On another note, thanks Tony, for all you do. You have made Amazon Digital not only the cheapest but best way to shop for these downloadable games![/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='zechs34']This mightve been answered but I didnt find it!

On another note, thanks Tony, for all you do. You have made Amazon Digital not only the cheapest but best way to shop for these downloadable games![/QUOTE]

Unless you have a time machine, I don't think it's going to happen. I used one credit on Spec Ops and am considering KoA and MP3 (if it restocks in time) but you sure went for it!

[quote name='espy605']Unless you have a time machine, I don't think it's going to happen. I used one credit on Spec Ops and am considering KoA and MP3 (if it restocks in time) but you sure went for it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Yeah I kinda went crazy. I got Hotline Miami, The Secret World and ME3 Deluxe just yesterday! I think there was one more in there lol. When I went to check out to get Xcom (even though I already have it on X360) I saw my credits had all been used. :(

Thanks though!

[quote name='zechs34']Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Yeah I kinda went crazy. I got Hotline Miami, The Secret World and ME3 Deluxe just yesterday! I think there was one more in there lol. When I went to check out to get Xcom (even though I already have it on X360) I saw my credits had all been used. :(

Thanks though![/QUOTE]

Some people in the Steam trade group might help you out at cost, or for a small tip, if you are still looking to buy.

To the people that played KoA. Should I buy the KoA bundle just for the Dlc? And I have never tried activating a duplicate game on origin because I already have KoA. Or does the Dlc come with separate keys ?

Help

[quote name='Fluxy']To the people that played KoA. Should I buy the KoA bundle just for the Dlc? And I have never tried activating a duplicate game on origin because I already have KoA. Or does the Dlc come with separate keys ?

Help[/QUOTE]

It is all separate keys so you could gift or resell the game key

[quote name='Corpekata']I really don't think there are many people that would say playing Payday with 2 braindead bots all the time is the ideal solution, but hey, more power to you. There are so many situations in the game that work much better if you have more than 2 lines of site covering different areas.[/QUOTE]
Err, I was replying to this:

"You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4."

I was talking about Borderlands 1/2, not PayDay.

[quote name='emwearz']http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B004YVOCYG
If you press PC Download it is listed as $10.19.

I thought if I activated on my uplay it would be linked and added to the library like the other AC games.[/QUOTE]

Oh weird. I saw a different listing for it that said unavailable. My mistake.

I don't know if uPlay works that. None of the Steam games I have registered to my Uplay account show up in my uPlay client. I might be missing something though haven't really looked into it.

[quote name='emwearz']http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B004YVOCYG
If you press PC Download it is listed as $10.19.

I thought if I activated on my uplay it would be linked and added to the library like the other AC games.[/QUOTE]

AC2 (Retail); ACB (Amazon DVG); and ACR Gold (Gamersgate) do ALL show-up on my Uplay.
I don't even have AC2 install on my new rig here; it's on my old rig.
The others - ACB and ACR Gold are installed here on this new rig.

You have to install them; be signed into your UPlay account; and actually earn some Achievements for them to show-up on UPlay for you.

[quote name='espy605']Payday is a lot more addictive coop-wise than BL2 is, in my opinion. Great little game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Arkental']Aside from both being shooters, they're very different games. Borderlands is a FPS/RPG mix and would probably be more of a long-term investment if you intend to play coop with your friend. The GOTY edition has a ton of content in it as well.

Payday is a decent game, but best played now and then rather than for an extended amount of time. I've had fun playing it with friends, but it's mostly been a game we hit when we have 15-20 minutes to kill while we are waiting for someone to come online, etc.[/QUOTE]

I own both games, but only played Payday online a couple times (is difficult to find games with people who don't kick you out because they want a private server but forgot to... meh). Played BL singleplayer only, never online, because don't have friends playing it (and don't want to pay for BL2 before finishing/going online with BL1)

[quote name='Corpekata']RE: Borderlands or Payday

Payday pretty much needs to be played with 4 people. You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd have to disagree. Things just become sort of a snafu with 4 players, especially if they're playing "lone wolf" style.

I think the difficulty and playability are their most balanced with 2 players.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']I really don't think there are many people that would say playing Payday with 2 braindead bots all the time is the ideal solution, but hey, more power to you. There are so many situations in the game that work much better if you have more than 2 lines of site covering different areas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Err, I was replying to this:

"You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4."

I was talking about Borderlands 1/2, not PayDay.[/QUOTE]

I think I will go with BL... want to try if the MP is as fun as everybody said...

[quote name='SCMoney360']Someone go start a payday cag group.
Let's rule the world![/QUOTE]

+1

Thanks for the answers!

[quote name='MysterD']AC2 (Retail); ACB (Amazon DVG); and ACR Gold (Gamersgate) do ALL show-up on my Uplay.

You have to install them; be signed into your UPlay account; and actually earn some Achievements for them to show-up on UPlay for you.[/QUOTE]

Show up as downloadable or just as games you own and earn achievements on?

[quote name='MysterD']AC2 (Retail); ACB (Amazon DVG); and ACR Gold (Gamersgate) do ALL show-up on my Uplay.

You have to install them; be signed into your UPlay account; and actually earn some Achievements for them to show-up on UPlay for you.[/QUOTE]

I completely finished AC2 on Steam and earned everything and it still won't show up in my Uplay. Not sure why.

On a separate note, I see GMG has Jet Set Radio for under $5 for 24 hours. I'm not sure if I should buy that with cash, or hope that Jet Set Radio gets into the 2012 editors choice at some point so I can get it free at $5 hopefully.

[quote name='60fps']I completely finished AC2 on Steam and earned everything and it still won't show up in my Uplay. Not sure why.

On a separate note, I see GMG has Jet Set Radio for under $5 for 24 hours. I'm not sure if I should buy that with cash, or hope that Jet Set Radio gets into the 2012 editors choice at some point so I can get it free at $5 hopefully.[/QUOTE]

My game achievements for From Dust, SC Conviction and AC2 show up, but no option to download them in uPlay. Just SF Driver which I got for $1.

It's showing up as $3.39 for me, $2.38 after 30% off coupon. Tony hasn't commented that games are being given out for free, so I wouldn't hold your breath and there is no guarantee JSR is even making it on the EC list.

Well... never mind that. I try to download ACB through Amazon (my only option, since Uplay has no activate key function) and it's going to take 18 hours to download 10GB...

My internet is giving me a 2684.6 KB/sec transfer rate, so I know it's not my connection. I can never download anything from Amazon, ever. Why the hell are their servers so slow?

If this keeps up, I really can't buy any DRM-free from Amazon... Steam, Origin, Desura, etc all give me 1-1.5MBps...

:cry:

[quote name='espy605']Show up as downloadable or just as games you own and earn achievements on?[/QUOTE]

AC2 is NOT installed on this new rig; it was on my old rig.
Though, it does have a "Download" symbol on it on UPlay (for my new rig).

ACB and ACR Gold are installed on this rig.
They show up as "ready to play".

My copies of Splinter Cell: Conviction (Retail) & Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (Steam) are NOT showing on Uplay.
Never installed them on this new PC; though they were on my older rig.

So, who the hell knows w/ UPlay.
Go figure. {shrug}

[quote name='MysterD']AC2 is NOT installed on this new rig; it was on my old rig.
Though, it does have a "Download" symbol on it on UPlay (for my new rig).

ACB and ACR Gold are installed on this rig.
They show up as "ready to play".

My copies of Splinter Cell: Conviction (Retail) & Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (Steam) are NOT showing on Uplay.
Never installed them on this new PC; though they were on my older rig.

So, who the hell knows w/ UPlay.
Go figure. {shrug}[/QUOTE]

People complain about Origin, but it's relatively easily to know if your games will show up. Did EA publish it? Do you have proof? They will almost always add it via customer service chat if there isn't a self-add process.

None of my PC Ubisoft games show up on uPlay for download unless I bought it specifically from them.

Any hope of having the sims 3 on the EC list? i dont want all the fancy DLC's, i just want the normal game, it was 10 bucks in december and i didnt bit, i would use a coupon on it very happily now (14.99 to 9.99 like it was)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back