Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']Wow.

This thread. :whistle2:s:shame:

As a person who does not like to deal in definites because you just never know, I can appreciate that statement.

If it bothers you so much just take the answer to be no and be pleasantly surprised (or I guess unpleasantly surprised if you but it elsewhere) if it does happen.

I don't understand how so many people got to feel so entitled in this thread, maybe it's an unintended consequence of Tony's level of direct communication with the community here, but in my opinion some people really could do with dialing their expectations back a little bit. No one is owed a sale. Ever.

People always have the option to go elsewhere if they feel like they are not having a good experience with one particular retailer for whatever the reason.[/QUOTE]

Yes exactly. Tony is probably negotiating what he can, and it looks negative, but a publisher could change their mind. 30 days is a long time. Look at how much stuff has sold in the Steam sale in 1.5 weeks.

The problem with your suggestion is if they go to another thread, there literally is no counterpart to Tony for the other sellers that he can make his demands to.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.[/QUOTE]

you can jump. i believe they give you a small recap of the first game.

i just don't understand why it would be so hard to explain how games are added
i mean is it a lottery drawing done by a computer?
how does no one know what games will be on the list?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']The short answer is...you can jump in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='espy605']You can jump in, I did without really playing the first one. It's a fun time, definitely worth $2.50[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scouter']you can jump. i believe they give you a small recap of the first game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, all. That is all I needed- bought.

[quote name='Motoki']Wow.

This thread. :whistle2:s:shame:

As a person who does not like to deal in definites because you just never know, I can appreciate that statement.

If it bothers you so much just take the answer to be no and be pleasantly surprised (or I guess unpleasantly surprised if you but it elsewhere) if it does happen.

I don't understand how so many people got to feel so entitled in this thread, maybe it's an unintended consequence of Tony's level of direct communication with the community here, but in my opinion some people really could do with dialing their expectations back a little bit. No one is owed a sale. Ever.

People always have the option to go elsewhere if they feel like they are not having a good experience with one particular retailer for whatever the reason.[/QUOTE]
I'm hardly ever in this thread but after reading through some of it I agree. On behalf of Tony since he can't say it himself: Go fuck yourselves you entitled pricks.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

F.A.Q.
Q1) What is this Editor's choice promotion?
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earns you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.
Q2) Where is the code for the promotion?
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.
Q3) I didn't get the credit. What should I do?
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.
Q4) Is there anything I can buy to get the credit now?
A4) No, the promotion is over.
Q5) Where can I find the eligible games?
A5) Here
Q6) I don't like the list/have all the games/ don't like the prices.
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.
Q7) How do I know how many credits I have?
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.
Q8) What happens if Steam/Gamefly/Impulse(Gamestop) has a lower price?
A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis.
Q9) Will Amazon price match Gamersgate/Getgamesgo/Greenmangaming?
A9) Amazon does not pricematch international sellers.
10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?
A10) Amazon generally does not match publisher sales.
Q11) What time do prices change?
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.
Q12) I don't like the way Amazon does things.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for putting this together! I'd add "Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails" or something similar for Q7.

[quote name='tham1988']i just don't understand why it would be so hard to explain how games are added
i mean is it a lottery drawing done by a computer?
how does no one know what games will be on the list?[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day, what does it matter how they are added? In Hitman's case, you've been given the answer of "unlikely"...it may not be the answer you were looking for, but it's an answer all the same. Maybe it would it be easier to swallow if the list was just called "Special January Promo Sales".

Edit: I'm not trying to single you out as there have been others emoting the same sentiment. But in comparison, take a look at the Steam sale. You don't see people up in arms because Valve isn't pre-releasing the flash/daily sales. (You just see people bitching cause it's a rather lackluster sale. :) )

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I just went ahead and bought it. $2.50 is a great strike price.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I haven't been buying any bundles besides HB lately, and if it's the BTA I'd be paying over $5 for it. So, $2.50 and some tax is a good buying price. It's weird paying the same for an indie game and a AAA title.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm hardly ever in this thread but after reading through some of it I agree. On behalf of Tony since he can't say it himself: Go fuck yourselves you entitled pricks.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to imagine some of our users going into a retail store with these attitudes and questions. "Why can't you just tell me if this is going to be on sale in a week or two?"

[quote name='Frithsblessing']You're right. I haven't been buying any bundles besides HB lately, and if it's the BTA I'd be paying over $5 for it. So, $2.50 and some tax is a good buying price. It's weird paying the same for an indie game and a AAA title.[/QUOTE]

It'll definitely hit an indie bundle at some point, but not soon I don't think. It's been reviewed so well and selling like crazy. And Tony has said that there are no plans currently to have any games be free after promotion.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Are you guys buying Hotline, or waiting for a bundle, or hoping it drops to $free.99?[/QUOTE]

I bought Hotline Miami when it was $7.50 during one of those gamespot black friday deals and I thought it was easily worth it, even more so now that its $2.50, go ahead and grab it you won't regret it

generally when a retailer runs a promotion THAT GETS YOU TO BUY THINGS due to it having a promotional discount code, they give some idea of what that promotional discount can be used for
i'm just upset because i bought games from amazon instead of steam for the sole reason of these editor's choice promotional credits
and i have a job and thus do not have time to play these games
and "unlikely" is not an answer, it is avoiding the question

[quote name='espy605']I am trying to imagine some of our users going into a retail store with these attitudes and questions. "Why can't you just tell me if this is going to be on sale in a week or two?"[/QUOTE]

If said store had made a habit of telling other customers about future sales then said customer would have every right to demand that information. But hey, the fanboys in this thread are only serving to hurt Amazon more than help it. I'm pretty much to the point of F-Amazon, I'll just go back to buying off steam. Might mean I spend more money but at least I don't have to put up with pretentious ten year olds when I ask for the same information that has been given to dozens of other customers over the past year.

[quote name='tham1988']generally when a retailer runs a promotion THAT GETS YOU TO BUY THINGS due to it having a promotional discount code, they give some idea of what that promotional discount can be used for
i'm just upset because i bought games from amazon instead of steam for the sole reason of these editor's choice promotional credits
and "unlikely" is not an answer, it is avoiding the question[/QUOTE]

so youre upset because YOU purchased something that YOU do not have time for?

[quote name='tham1988']generally when a retailer runs a promotion THAT GETS YOU TO BUY THINGS due to it having a promotional discount code, they give some idea of what that promotional discount can be used for
and "unlikely" is not an answer, it is avoiding the question[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the holier than thou, non-shift-key using child that was bashing me yesterday for expressing an opinion about Tony not 'answering questions?'

Now here you are whining. So not only are you a sycophant of Tony but you are also a hypocrite. Nice.

[quote name='avwjase']Weren't you the holier than thou, non-shift-key using child that was bashing me yesterday for expressing an opinion about Tony not 'answering questions?'

Now here you are whining. So not only are you a sycophant of Tony but you are also a hypocrite. Nice.[/QUOTE]

your question was answered

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Are you guys buying Hotline, or waiting for a bundle, or hoping it drops to $free.99?[/QUOTE]

Debating it but will probably bite. Bundles can be hit or miss and the past Croteam/Devolver (Sam games) have all been part of Indie Royale which rarely have more than one or two games max that interest me. So, considering you can rarely get those for under $5 (unless you're online within thirty minutes of it going live) it's par for the course.

Then again, I suppose there's a chance it can go on a $5 sale at one of the outfits that Amazon does, in fact, price match.

[quote name='avwjase']If said store had made a habit of telling other customers about future sales then said customer would have every right to demand that information. But hey, the fanboys in this thread are only serving to hurt Amazon more than help it. I'm pretty much to the point of F-Amazon, I'll just go back to buying off steam. Might mean I spend more money but at least I don't have to put up with pretentious ten year olds when I ask for the same information that has been given to dozens of other customers over the past year.[/QUOTE]

yeah sorry
i had to work for 12 hours today so i'm going to agree with this statement now

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I think this is a good idea, maybe Tony should add it to the OP but then again nobody ever checks the OP so it may not be of much help.[/QUOTE]

Not true, I used to check the OP all of the time until I noticed 90% of the deals are not mentioned there but actually in the thread itself. So many 'stealth sales' over the year where people asked questions, Tony would post deals or info about future sales and then it'd be days before that info ever got into the OP (if ever). Then heaven forbid you ask him a question about sales because the information isn't in the OP.

[quote name='avwjase']If said store had made a habit of telling other customers about future sales then said customer would have every right to demand that information. But hey, the fanboys in this thread are only serving to hurt Amazon more than help it. I'm pretty much to the point of F-Amazon, I'll just go back to buying off steam. Might mean I spend more money but at least I don't have to put up with pretentious ten year olds when I ask for the same information that has been given to dozens of other customers over the past year.[/QUOTE]

I think right to ask is fine, but right to demand is another. They don't owe you that information as an obligation or debt. There is a huge difference in attitude and tone.

I am a little confused why you're still in this thread though. I am not meaning to offend, but you made it quite clear you don't plan to buy from Amazon and you think we're all sycophants.

[quote name='avwjase']Not true, I used to check the OP all of the time until I noticed 90% of the deals are not mentioned there but actually in the thread itself. So many 'stealth sales' over the year where people asked questions, Tony would post deals or info about future sales and then it'd be days before that info ever got into the OP (if ever). Then heaven forbid you ask him a question about sales because the information isn't in the OP.[/QUOTE]

We may disagree on some things, but I 100% agree with you about a lot of deals not being in the OP until way later if ever. A lot of people do post condescending responses about the OP when the answers aren't actually there.

[quote name='Mooby']@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?[/QUOTE]

well see the primary argument is that the savings aren't worth the hassle
guess what? i know there will be new sales on steam in 5 minutes, then more 6 hours after that, then even more in six more hours, then in a couple hours maybe they will give amazon something to price match

[quote name='tham1988']your question was answered[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't. My new question about a price match was answered... my previous question about planned Paradox promotions including War of the Roses was not answered and still has not been answered.

But thanks for playing.

[quote name='Mooby']@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?[/QUOTE]

And Walmart beats the prices of most of the places I shop, but I still won't step foot inside a Walmart due to sheer principle.

Here is my list of potentially good $1.99 casual games:

Hidden Object Movie Studios: I'll Believe You

www.amazon.com/Hidden-Object-Movie-Studios-Download/dp/B00513EPMA/

Apparently you unlock movie clips from a real movie as you play along this game, sounds pretty interesting.

Pure Hidden

www.amazon.com/OUAT-Entertainment-1459-Hidden-Download/dp/B002IC1BYM/

Bad title, bad cover art, but overwhelmingly positive reviews and looks like it has a good variety of gameplay.

Luxor Adventures

www.amazon.com/MumboJumbo-2161-Luxor-Adventures-Download/dp/B003OA48LA/

Mumbo Jumbo, so that usually means quality. This is a hidden object game with Luxor mini games between levels.

Also always recommend the Pickers game, another mumbo jumbo game and I had plenty of fun with that won beforehand.

[quote name='tham1988']well see the primary argument is that the savings aren't worth the hassle
guess what? i know there will be new sales on steam in 5 minutes, then more 6 hours after that, then even more in six more hours, then in a couple hours maybe they will give amazon something to price match[/QUOTE]

90% of the 'sales' on Steam have been an absolute joke.

[quote name='avwjase']And Walmart beats the prices of most of the places I shop, but I still won't step foot inside a Walmart due to sheer principle.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so stop buying from Amazon, problem solved.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']So now that Hotline Miami is $5 on Steam... can we all get it for free?[/QUOTE]

They don't price match flash deals.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']So now that Hotline Miami is $5 on Steam... can we all get it for free?[/QUOTE]

*Not sure if serious.*

Amazon doesn't PM flash sales.

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin.

F.A.Q.
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earns you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.

A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.

A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.

A5) Here

A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.

A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails (Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails) or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.

A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price" that you can use to submit a request. There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt. Amazon does not match flash/community choice deals. Amazon generally does not match deals that require a limited use coupon or code.

Q10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?

A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.

A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.

Not likely since Tony stated Flash sales were not getting matched this sale.

no
its a flash sale (don't price match those, only the daily deals)

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

F.A.Q.

A5) Here

A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails (Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails) or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.

A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price". There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt.

[/QUOTE]

Q13) Does Amazon match Steam Flash Sales?
A13) No.

F.A.Q.

A5) Here

A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price". There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt.

[/QUOTE]

...guess flash sale PM's need to be added to the FAQ. :)

[quote name='Mooby']
Okay, so stop buying from Amazon, problem solved.[/QUOTE]

A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.

At least I have the same access to information there that everyone else has. I don't have to dig through 400 page threads for information or see others given 'tips about future sales' while I can't even get a "yes/no.' To me, how a company treats me is far more important then the price of their goods. It is why I am still with Blockbuster and still have my car serviced at the dealer instead of these shade tree mechanics. I don't really care if they charge more. I just want equity in their treatment of customers and some notion that they appreciate my business.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I'm just kidding... but thanks for the response and the 9 ninja'd responses[/QUOTE]

Eh, can't really tell who is kidding. There are still people who ask if EA games activate on Steam, what these $5 coupons are all about, whether they can price match Green Man Gaming, etc.

[quote name='avwjase']A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.
[/QUOTE]

Are you still on this? That complaint is baseless: War of the Roses was a price match. Tony didn't see my PM request for Warlock DLC three times but eventually he got to it. You people are grasping at straws for things to bitch at. Time for some mass ignore or maybe to find a forum where people exercise a modicum of common sense or at least eschew paranoia.

[quote name='Mooby']Eh, can't really tell who is kidding. There are still people who ask if EA games activate on Steam, what these $5 coupons are all about, whether they can price match Green Man Gaming, etc.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, concerning the EA thing. Find an EA deal on SD and every other question is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back