Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']It wont stop me from beating them!!! I'm a lean mean meat stick beating machine![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

***Must delete visual image...***

[quote name='KaOTiK']It wont stop me from beating them!!! I'm a lean mean meat stick beating machine![/QUOTE]

Lol I keep hearing OH YEA! At the end of all your slimjim posts.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

Did you have a problem with my FAQ? I certainly didn't want to make it seem like it was an official communication, but the last one I posted was deleted. Maybe the mods thought I was posting it too often? Anyway, no worries, just trying to be helpful, but I don't want to keep posting it if it's not allowed.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Tony,

Did you have a problem with my FAQ? I certainly didn't want to make it seem like it was an official communication, but the last one I posted was deleted. Maybe the mods thought I was posting it too often? Anyway, no worries, just trying to be helpful, but I don't want to keep posting it if it's not allowed.[/QUOTE]

I knew I forgot something yesterday. I'm PMing you now. Short answer the FAQ was really helpful and you rock.

Cheers,
Tony

Just finished making my first Secret World char after installing overnight, and Issue #5 is still 0 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Satoru']To be honest if you read the article the person had BAD password security in the first place.

Passwords aern't the problem

PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM[/QUOTE]

Actually passwords are the problem (no matter the length or randomness). As an authentication scheme they are really insecure since they only require a single piece of repeatable information. When used along they are alone a single point failure.

Any system that wants to be reasonably secure has Multi-Factor Authentication. The most common is password + time-based random number, these are common for work VPNs and MMOs (notably WoW). The next most common type are challenge-response systems which are notably used in military IFF (Identification of Friend or Foe) systems (and some work VPNs). They are better because they are immune to replay attacks. I could go on and on, but the point is from a security perspective passwords are total weaksauce (even 200+ random character ones). They are prevalent because they are easy and few systems are built with a focus on security.

Question about The Secret World. I've played for like 7 hours so far, I don't like the way my character looks is there a way to change it in game or do I need to make another character?

it just hit me how unbelievably bad i want assassins creed 3 deluxe steam version to go on sale about 50%

tony,
please work some of your EA voodoo magic on ubisoft

So, will TWD remain at $12.49 until the end of the EC sale/January or is it just a temporary price match because of the Steam encore sale?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I have edited my signature, this should no address EC questions for January.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I have sigs turned off. Game. Set. Match.

[quote name='cl4ym4n']So, will TWD remain at $12.49 until the end of the EC sale/January or is it just a temporary price match because of the Steam encore sale?[/QUOTE]

It's the deal of the week, it started 1 day early because of the price match.

[quote name='cl4ym4n']So, will TWD remain at $12.49 until the end of the EC sale/January or is it just a temporary price match because of the Steam encore sale?[/QUOTE]

check the op
check the op

Hmm, weird. I just noticed that Amazon has the older Splinter Cell & Rainbow Six titles at $2.50 and up not sure if steam though. (basically match the past Steam Daily).

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, weird. I just noticed that Amazon has the older Splinter Cell & Rainbow Six titles at $2.50 and up not sure if steam though. (basically match the past Steam Daily).

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='asheskitty']
Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the show or the comic graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. Though, if you don't like modern adventure games, it may turn you off a bit. I went in hoping for a choose your own adventure book style game and feel like that's what I got. The gameplay is choice for the most part.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, weird. I just noticed that Amazon has the older Splinter Cell & Rainbow Six titles at $2.50 and up not sure if steam though. (basically match the past Steam Daily).

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in adventure games that came out after 1995.[/QUOTE]

I've told you my opinion ;). It's not much of an adventure game, so I wouldn't get it based on that. It's quite different from the TV show, not sure about the comics (haven't read them), so it doesn't matter if you haven't seen the show. I think for $7.49 it's worth trying, but knowing you don't like zombie stuff, and it's not what you'd expect from an "adventure" game, I can't recommend it.

[quote name='asheskitty']

From what I have played so far (not much), it seems like you might like it. I've never seen the show or read the comics, nor do I particularly like zombie stuff, but it's pretty cool. More Indigo Prophecy than Monkey Island, though. The story is deep and dramatic. The zombies are used in a classy manner, rather than the typical indie game usage (OMG ZOMBIES EVERWHERE! KILL ALL). If you like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy, you might like it, but, seeing you don't play post '95 adventure games, you might not. Choose your own purchases...

I don't know if I should get TWD with my last coupon or wait until it's $5.

[quote name='bshirk']I don't know if I should get TWD with my last coupon or wait until it's $5.[/QUOTE]

If you're unsure you have a week to decide, no rush, but I think you might be waiting a while for it to hit $5.

I hate adventure games, I loved Walking Dead, don't know if that helps. Walking Dead (game and TV show) focuses more on the characters and the situation they've found themselves in than the actual zombies, which are definitely a part of the whole thing but the main focus is characters and their struggle. I think the first chapter is free on iOS if you have a device to try it on.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']From what I have played so far (not much), it seems like you might like it. I've never seen the show or read the comics, nor do I particularly like zombie stuff, but it's pretty cool. More Indigo Prophecy than Monkey Island, though. The story is deep and dramatic. The zombies are used in a classy manner, rather than the typical indie game usage (OMG ZOMBIES EVERWHERE! KILL ALL). If you like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy, you might like it, but, seeing you don't play post '95 adventure games, you might not. Choose your own purchases...[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That helps. Well, I think maybe I should have stated it like, I'm picky with my post-1995 adventure games (particularly the recent indie flood), whereas my newer ones are on the lines of TLJ, Syberia, Broken Sword.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I hate adventure games, I loved Walking Dead, don't know if that helps. Walking Dead (game and TV show) focuses more on the characters and the situation they've found themselves in than the actual zombies, which are definitely a part of the whole thing but the main focus is characters and their struggle.[/QUOTE]

Cool. That adds more into the opinion that TWD stands well (on it's own) outside the Zombie and Adventure games genres. (By which I mean, people who aren't rabid Zombie or Adventure game fans.)

[quote name='asheskitty']Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.[/QUOTE]

I really don't even see why people keep calling it an adventure game when it's more of an interactive movie. For what it is, it's an enjoyable experience, but you're mostly just passively watching the outcome of pre-determined paths you can choose. There are a few simple puzzles intermixed between cutscenes here and there and an occasional quicktime event, but that's about it as far as the gameplay goes. If you're cool with that going in, there's an entertaining story to get wrapped up in.

I just started watching The Walking Dead last week after playing the game, and I'm glad that I played the game first. The choices that you're presented with in the game are all variations of choices made on the show, and I don't think that the game would have been as much fun or as thought-provoking if I had already seen how characters on the show resolved these conflicts.

[quote name='11440']I just started watching The Walking Dead last week after playing the game, and I'm glad that I played the game first. The choices that you're presented with in the game are all variations of choices made on the show, and I don't think that the game would have been as much fun or as thought-provoking if I had already seen how characters on the show resolved these conflicts.[/QUOTE]

Oh, goodie, I was wondering about this. I've never seen the show before, but like the 10m I saw of TB's "WTF is... TWD". I plan to play TWD very soon. Looks like I made the right call.

[quote name='xxxholic']Price-match Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17933/[/QUOTE]

This. It's a real shame that "The Full Package" version isn't on the EC list while the vanilla version is. Even if you're only looking at Amazon, they have The Full Package for $14.99 without coupon right now and that's the same price you get the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third after using a coupon. Just seems like a wasted spot on the EC list. After being in the Humble Bundle, the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third is going to need to be much lower priced than the Full Package version to attract any interest.

I tried to fire up Dark Soul's just now, just to try it out and make sure I had applied DSfix correctly, but it says I have to sign into GFWL, yet wont bring up the sign in window like it has on games before (Dirt 3, Arkham City). Anybody know anything about this? If you do please send me a PM.

[quote name='KillingMachine']This. It's a real shame that "The Full Package" version isn't on the EC list while the vanilla version is. Even if you're only looking at Amazon, they have The Full Package for $14.99 without coupon right now and that's the same price you get the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third after using a coupon. Just seems like a wasted spot on the EC list. After being in the Humble Bundle, the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third is going to need to be much lower priced than the Full Package version to attract any interest.[/QUOTE]

Tony's explains why the two are treated separately..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, when we created the list we didn't have TFP yet (like it wasn't a product on our site). So we put the non-full package in there. We won't be adding The Full Package unless we have a planned promotion around it, which we do not right now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KillingMachine']This. It's a real shame that "The Full Package" version isn't on the EC list while the vanilla version is. Even if you're only looking at Amazon, they have The Full Package for $14.99 without coupon right now and that's the same price you get the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third after using a coupon. Just seems like a wasted spot on the EC list. After being in the Humble Bundle, the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third is going to need to be much lower priced than the Full Package version to attract any interest.[/QUOTE]

If anyobody needs it I bought a spare Full Package from Steam last year when it was dirt cheap, and I'd let it go for the same price it'd be on amazon if it had the extra $5 off.

[quote name='Talgrund']Just finished installing TSW, what server is everyone on?[/QUOTE]

Servers don't really matter apparently, you can play with anyone.

Cerberus here though.

[quote name='DarkGamer11']I tried to fire up Dark Soul's just now, just to try it out and make sure I had applied DSfix correctly, but it says I have to sign into GFWL, yet wont bring up the sign in window like it has on games before (Dirt 3, Arkham City). Anybody know anything about this? If you do please send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Restore the default settings prior to using DSfix and see if you can sign in. If it still won't show up than something is wrong with your installation. "Verify local files" can do this if you don't know how to rollback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back