Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']SR:TT:FP is dirt cheap on STEAM right now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just noticed that.

Scratch the above post then. Mine's yours for $6. lol

Also trading!

[quote name='Talgrund']Just finished installing TSW, what server is everyone on?[/QUOTE]

This reminds me. I'm kinda a noob right now, but can I get an invite to the CAG TSW group? Or is there one? What info should I give you to add me? My nickname is Taurto is that helps...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Sega (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wo0t @ Sega and WB.
Who's next? ;)

I

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Seeing how Amazon creates some crazy bundle pricing, I wonder what could be done to compete with Steam's publisher packs...[/QUOTE]

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Smaller bundles are better! Plus, it makes impulse buying easier!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. WB (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

perhaps consider putting a similar blurb up on the amazon EC page as well. There's probably a bunch of folks who are going to that page outside of this forum and thinking the list is it. Last time I read the heading, I don't think there was anything there indicating the list would be changing throughout the month and encouraging folks to keep coming back. Just a thought.

and thanks for working on the strat first stuff - really looking forward to that. maybe meridian4 could be next? thanks agian.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself, but I only re-entered PC gaming this past year, so my publisher libraries are far from full. (Though your recent sales have filled in many must/want to have spots.) A plus I see is that if you continue the trend of including multiple keys for each game, you'll wipe the floor with Steam and their pub packs.

Edit: I'd be willing to participate with a higher price point assuming the cost/game efficiency is better. (And separate keys are available.)

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

perhaps consider putting a similar blurb up on the amazon EC page as well. There's probably a bunch of folks who are going to that page outside of this forum and thinking the list is it. Last time I read the heading, I don't think there was anything there indicating the list would be changing throughout the month and encouraging folks to keep coming back. Just a thought.

and thanks for working on the strat first stuff - really looking forward to that. maybe meridian4 could be next? thanks agian.[/QUOTE]

I agree

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Small bundles...i probably own a little of any proposed bigger bundle. How about a create your own from a publisher...(ex. pick 3 games of 6)

I want smaller bundles w/ more game I don't own at lower-price points.

But, the completionist in me does ESPECIALLY want bundles of Complete Games that include the Base Game + EVERY piece of DLC + ALL SEASON PASSES.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

and thanks for working on the strat first stuff - really looking forward to that. maybe meridian4 could be next? thanks agian.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.

Oftentimes these questions stem from genuine confusion, which is something we definitely don't want to cause, more often, the questions come from those trying to game the system and it's not feasible for us to instruct all of our CS reps how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If someone pops in here and says "TONY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE SELLING WB GAMES IN THE EC LIST YOU OWE ME A $10 CREDIT FOR LYING TO ME" I can respond with "No I said we're talking to them and are working on stuff, specifically, I stated that nothing is locked in."

If we were to put this on the website, these same people will contact our CS, we'd have to rely on communication to our thousands of reps for each of our promotions every time we run them. This isn't feasible.

Cheers,
TOny

Are there any other new deals coming to the editors choice games? Not sure whether I should just use my last coupon on something random to gift or wait.

[quote name='Mairu']Are there any other new deals coming to the editors choice games? Not sure whether I should just use my last coupon on something random to gift or wait.[/QUOTE]

...read Tony's sig.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I want Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15190/

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I can only speak for myself, but I only re-entered PC gaming this past year, so my publisher libraries are far from full. (Though your recent sales have filled in many must/want to have spots.) A plus I see is that if you continue the trend of including multiple keys for each game, you'll wipe the floor with Steam and their pub packs.

Edit: I'd be willing to participate with a higher price point assuming the cost/game efficiency is better. (And separate keys are available.)[/QUOTE]

This makes sense, and we do offer larger bundles with semi regularity (2K Mega Pack, a bunch of the Sega packs, etc.) I just don't focus on them as heavily because I can't enough people like you to buy them.

Cheers,
Tony

Picked up The Walking Dead with my coupon. I already own it for XBOX, but this game is too good. My game of the year, maybe my favorite game of this gen.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
1c bundle, 80 games 20bucks.

Thanks.

:cry:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This makes sense, and we do offer larger bundles with semi regularity (2K Mega Pack, a bunch of the Sega packs, etc.) I just don't focus on them as heavily because I can't enough people like you to buy them.
[/QUOTE]

If the price cut on the 2k mega pack had happened a bit earlier I would have jumped on it.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']...read Tony's sig.[/QUOTE]

But, I still wanna know what this XYZ Game is...and how come it's not on any game website! :(
It XYZ Game a puzzle game or something? ;)

I don't know about these knuckleheads but looking back on my recent purchases, they are mostly smaller bundles (2-3 games, maybe the DLC). I think the only BIG bundle I grabbed was that SQENIX bundle. And let's be fair... ANYONE who loved SE games snatched that badboy up.

As is, I'm pretty much set for January and likely well into February... but there is plenty I'd be willing to throw money at.. :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys.

If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys.

I'd rather see packs cost a little more, minus worthless keys.

Pack suggestions:

1) $12 - Borderlands GOTY, DNF+DLC, Spec Ops
2) $14 - Spec Ops, Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2
3) $25 - Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2, Spec Ops, Mafia 2, Civ 5 GOTY, Civ 4 Complete, Stronghold

[quote name='Tolyngee']But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys.

If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys.

I'd rather see packs cost a little more, minus worthless keys.

Pack suggestions:

1) $12 - Borderlands GOTY, DNF+DLC, Spec Ops
2) $14 - Spec Ops, Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2
3) $25 - Borderlands GOTY, Darkness 2, Spec Ops, Mafia 2, Civ 5 GOTY, Civ 4 Complete, Stronghold[/QUOTE]

If I don't give in, I'm possibly waiting for a Borderlands 2: Complete Box (with BL2 + ALL Non-Season Pass DLC + Season Pass DLC Pack). ;)

[quote name='MysterD']But, I still wanna know what this XYZ Game is...and how come it's not on any game website! :(
It XYZ Game a puzzle game or something? ;)[/QUOTE]

What concerns me more is : "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX" I'd rather it say: "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $0.XX"

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What concerns me more is : "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX" I'd rather it say: "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $0.XX"[/QUOTE]

Oooh @ getting a game from anywhere from FREE to 99 cents. ;)

[quote name='Tolyngee']But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys.

If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys.[/QUOTE]

FYI there are several parts of this statement that are 100% untrue:

1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

2. The keys aren't worthless obviously...as evidenced by their continued sale and the massive amount of demand around the Bioshock pack when it was $5 (even before it was briefly free).

3. I'd like to offer this feedback (not to you specifically but to anyone reading this), it should be obvious by now that I'm a big advocate of using customer feedback to impact change in our business. It makes it exceedingly hard for me to make this feedback be taken seriously when anyone can pop into a forum I'm working in and find evidence of people making incorrect statements as if they were fact, the reason for this is that it destroys the credibility of the feedback. Just some food for thought, if you're going to make a statement like this, where you think you understand a situation, it is much more beneficial to the community as a whole if you instead state it as a question.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']If I don't give in, I'm possibly waiting for a Borderlands 2: Complete Box (with BL2 + ALL Non-Season Pass DLC + Season Pass DLC Pack). ;)[/QUOTE]

GamersGate already had that :bouncy:

[quote name='Tolyngee']GamersGate already had that :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, GG and their pricing-errors. ;)

They need to STOP having them during my sleeping hours and at times when I might be at work...
...and instead pick a better time to have them errors for me!

Just so you know Tony... I was out for most of the day but the one-two punches you've been putting out have made me laugh so hard reading through the forum.

I know you promised to only post once a day but your witty retorts to some people....

Priceless. And the fact that I can say ... So Tony says.... and my wife instantly knows I'm talking about "the Amazon guy... who works for Steam?"... LOL ... that was a fun convo.

Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.

I prefer smaller bundles. It's less likely I own too much in them, and I find I'm less likely to reject something at a lower price. When the bundles get up to the $25 mark, I start thinking maybe I should buy whatever new AAA game is at that price. (Needless to say, if we're talking about the Strat First or 1C bundles, that doesn't apply.)

[quote name='MysterD']But, I still wanna know what this XYZ Game is...and how come it's not on any game website! :(
It XYZ Game a puzzle game or something? ;)[/QUOTE]

You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p

I did do a quick search so if this has already been addressed, please either PM me or point me to the page.

1. I bought a lot of the games that came with the $5 credit. How can I view the credit balance on my Amazon account.

2. Where is the current list of games that we can use the $5 credit on maintained?

Apologies if already addressed. I will edit/delete this after I get an answer.

[quote name='asheskitty']I prefer smaller bundles. It's less likely I own too much in them, and I find I'm less likely to reject something at a lower price.

You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p[/QUOTE]

Wait, I thought Toilet Tycoon was a remake of Postal 2?
:whistle2:X

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Smaller bundles of more specific games is better.
The only exception is the 1C Bundle!!!!
Ya I went there \\:D/

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.

Oftentimes these questions stem from genuine confusion, which is something we definitely don't want to cause, more often, the questions come from those trying to game the system and it's not feasible for us to instruct all of our CS reps how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If someone pops in here and says "TONY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE SELLING WB GAMES IN THE EC LIST YOU OWE ME A $10 CREDIT FOR LYING TO ME" I can respond with "No I said we're talking to them and are working on stuff, specifically, I stated that nothing is locked in."

If we were to put this on the website, these same people will contact our CS, we'd have to rely on communication to our thousands of reps for each of our promotions every time we run them. This isn't feasible.

Cheers,
TOny[/QUOTE]

that sir,
is one mighty fine explaination

[quote name='ryamkajr']I did do a quick search so if this has already been addressed, please either PM me or point me to the page.

1. I bought a lot of the games that came with the $5 credit. How can I view the credit balance on my Amazon account.

2. Where is the current list of games that we can use the $5 credit on maintained?

Apologies if already addressed. I will edit/delete this after I get an answer.[/QUOTE]

1. Check your e-mails. Best way to see how many of those EC credits you have.
Amazon website doesn't really have a way to track them. :(

2. List of EC Games w/ the allowed $5 EC Credit:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1327048962&pf_rd_i=1000741551

[quote name='nosferatu51']Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.[/QUOTE]

The game will literally make you throw your controller/mouse at the screen. But it has a very rewarding feeling when you finally accomplish it. (like the bridge run past the dragon... that was incredible)

[quote name='asheskitty']
You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p[/QUOTE]

What if it became a TPS? How would that even work?!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Smaller bundles of more specific games is better.
The only exception is the 1C Bundle!!!!
Ya I went there \\:D/[/QUOTE]

That's it, 1c bundle for 20$.
2 buyers, a success.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What if it became a TPS? How would that even work?![/QUOTE]

It's called Gears of War. ;)

EDIT:
Actually, I'll do you one better.

Actually, there's a section in SR: The Third where...
...you jump literally into a computer (a parody of Tron) and you are turned into a Toilet Avatar for a short period time.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI there are several parts of this statement that are 100% untrue:

1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

2. The keys aren't worthless obviously...as evidenced by their continued sale and the massive amount of demand around the Bioshock pack when it was $5 (even before it was briefly free).

3. I'd like to offer this feedback (not to you specifically but to anyone reading this), it should be obvious by now that I'm a big advocate of using customer feedback to impact change in our business. It makes it exceedingly hard for me to make this feedback be taken seriously when anyone can pop into a forum I'm working in and find evidence of people making incorrect statements as if they were fact, the reason for this is that it destroys the credibility of the feedback. Just some food for thought, if you're going to make a statement like this, where you think you understand a situation, it is much more beneficial to the community as a whole if you instead state it as a question.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay, replace "Amazon" with "Bioshock's publisher", and the point's basically the same I would think? The pub wants to get Bioshock out there, and isn't it devaluing their product?

I like Bioshock. But too much of a good thing out there leads to any product devaluing, no?

But I'll be more careful with my comments if you're concerned of them being absolutely construed as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back