Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dark Souls. The only people who find it maddeningly/rage-inducing hard are people who simply aren't used to challenging games. Call it e-peenery if you will but the majority of gamers today are used to games that are rife with quick-time events and little in the way of involved combat short of push A for Awesome until your enemy is dead. Yes, Dark Souls requires a little bit of getting used to the controls but by no means is it anywhere near as difficult as most people make it out to be. There isn't much of a penalty in the way of death as you only lose your current souls (combination of xp and currency) and non-inventory humanity (a bit too involved to discuss those mechanics here) -- even then you get a chance to run back and pick them up off the ground to reclaim them so long as you don't die before you get to it.

HI TONY,

Just wanted to repeat the query just in case it got lost instead of ignored.

Any chance for Sims 3 to be by itself in the EC sale this month for less than 10.19 that Steam is offering (after coupon)?

If I don't hear from you in a bit on this, I'll have to pull the trigger on the Steam offer. Plus if you are going to offer it individually on sale you should beat Steam's price as I believe Steam's version activates on both Steam and Origin while your key will only activate on Origin.

Thanks for the information and the very competitive sales!

[quote name='Tsel']Lol when was Skyrim $9.99 anywhere? Amazon doesn't even carry Bethesda games. Good luck getting those prices on those. You really are a cheap nut.[/QUOTE]

TRU clearance sales, which don't count if they are liquidating their PC stock., Fallout New Vegas Ultimate sells at $10 when on deep sale. Skyrim still sells great at around $25.

[quote name='espy605']TRU clearance sales, which don't count if they are liquidating their PC stock., Fallout New Vegas Ultimate sells at $10 when on deep sale. Skyrim still sells great at around $25.[/QUOTE]

I remember when TSW was $10 during Microsoft Sale.

[quote name='Mooby']Re: Dark Souls. The only people who find it maddeningly/rage-inducing hard are people who simply aren't used to challenging games. Call it e-peenery if you will but the majority of gamers today are used to games that are rife with quick-time events and little in the way of involved combat short of push A for Awesome until your enemy is dead. Yes, Dark Souls requires a little bit of getting used to the controls but by no means is it anywhere near as difficult as most people make it out to be. There isn't much of a penalty in the way of death as you only lose your current souls (combination of xp and currency) and non-inventory humanity (a bit too involved to discuss those mechanics here) -- even then you get a chance to run back and pick them up off the ground to reclaim them so long as you don't die before you get to it.[/QUOTE]

So, this ain't Battle Toads where you will never ever develop the mad skillz needed to finish the dang thing?

[quote name='Tolyngee']So, this ain't Battle Toads where you will never ever develop the mad skillz needed to finish the dang thing?[/QUOTE]

^5 for mentioning BattleToads.
Love that NES game.
Never finished it.

Tony, I appreciate the edumacation. I'm a great believer in facts before fiction and most days cag threads are fuel for snopes.com as it's all speculation and assumptions. Someone said earlier that cheap keys devalue a franchise, I have to disagree. Cheap keys bring dual dippers like myself. I own most of the AAA games already on XBOX and I wouldn't typically buy them on pc, but when the price is right I almost feel compelled to own them. Additionally Amazons method of selling individual keys for bundles is much more preferable than steam and definitely influences me when I decide where to buy a bundle / game, especially considering how easy it is to trade keys. Price is the key in both cases, anything 5-10$ is an instabuy when it reflects a 75% discounted price :)

[quote name='nategator']HI TONY,

Any chance for Sims 3 to be by itself in the EC sale this month for less than 10.19 that Steam is offering (after coupon)?

If I don't hear from you in a bit on this, I'll have to pull the trigger on the Steam offer. Plus if you are going to offer it individually on sale you should beat Steam's price as I believe Steam's version activates on both Steam and Origin while your key will only activate on Origin.

Thanks for the information and the very competitive sales![/QUOTE]

Tony's sig...

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
NOTE FOR JANUARY: We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January. This should be referenced before asking "Will XYZ Game Be on the EC List for $XXX.XX"

[quote name='nategator']HI TONY,

Thanks for the information and the very competitive sales![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Sega (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
If the package is worth getting RIGHT NOW at $13.19 from Steam, customers can and should do that.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That last post wasn't referencing The Sims in particular, but the same idea applies.

Dark Souls is not THAT hard
(the key is remembering that leveling your character scales enemies, but leveling your equipment doesn't)
Also, when you die, it is fun, some of the most fun i have had in recent years is getting killed in crazy ways
its kind of like the first time you get your head cut off by the dude with the chainsaw in resident evil 4 except it happens more often
(the big thing that sold me on dark souls over demon'e souls is that every time you die in darksouls, you go back to a checkpoint with a certain number of health items
you never run out of health items so it is never impossible

Dark Souls is AMAZING!

[quote name='tham1988']every time you die in darksouls, you go back to a checkpoint with a certain number of health items

Dark Souls is AMAZING![/QUOTE]

I hope the game mechanic isn't like Prey... where you sort of never ever die?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This makes sense, and we do offer larger bundles with semi regularity (2K Mega Pack, a bunch of the Sega packs, etc.) I just don't focus on them as heavily because I can't enough people like you to buy them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

@ Tony What about the "build a bundle" option to alleviate so many repeat copies of games people already have (and sometimes don't buy a bundle because of it). You could either:

1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.

OR:

2. Allow people to build the whole bundle (all 6 games) from the pool of availables. Imagine a publisher sale where they have 15 games on sale for the bundle. the bundle price stays at $15, but people are allowed to pick any 6 from the available publishers catalog (pool of games).

Example: The next time you do the paradox bundles, instead of 3 bundles (and let's face it, that did cause much confusion and people whining about what was in which bundle, and this is coming from a guy that bought like 8 of them) put ALL of those games in 1 pool, and let people make their own bundle. You can offset the people who have bought the majority of those games when they were on sale, by offering a DLC bundle just like the base games, but obviously at a different price point.

This would give more control to the customer, thereby drastically increasing their sense of value from the deal, while at the same time letting them pick which games (the extras they already have a copy of) that they can give/sell to friends. Also, if publishers like THQ are willing to do a Humble, then I'm quite sure they'd be up for something like this. Might be the chance to set precedent for other publishers to follow. You could also remind them that this setup protects them from "diluting their brand" by allowing control to them of final sale price. THQ's strategy with Humble was foolish, people paid far too little for great games, and it did little to help them financially.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Tolyngee']So, this ain't Battle Toads where you will never ever develop the mad skillz needed to finish the dang thing?[/QUOTE]

battletoads makes dark souls look like a 3d mario game difficulty wise

[quote name='unknown0']Is amazon going to price match the darksiders franchise pack on steam? Tony?[/QUOTE]

Tony's previous reply...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah we are, not matching right now though because, at minimum, we'll have that price, and it MAY be added to the EC list (still figuring it out). Remember the last time we sold the franchise pack for $13.19 and then applied a coupon to it? We had 4098324438480928423094823 pages of rage.

Like I said, at minimum, it'll be a DOTW in Jan, I'm giving it a better than 50% chance of making it into EC. Call it like 65% likely.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony's sig...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I directed the question to Tony.

I just was checking to see if he would pre-announce something before I pulled the trigger on a sale. If it's a problem with Tony, I'm sure he can shoot me a PM or give me some snark on the thread. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Why else would we be running out of keys? Also, yeah man, anyone can PM me at any time assuming my inbox isn't full (which it isn't currently).
Also, no need to edit/delete your posts, there's nothing wrong with them, I'm just trying to help the thread not fall into crap, like I said, you shouldn't read this with a negative tone in your head.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, just curious how digital game stores work: you actually buy a number of keys from the publisher or how does it work?

[quote name='tham1988']battletoads makes dark souls look like a 3d mario game difficulty wise[/QUOTE]

If only BattleToads was in the Sega Genesis Collection... ;)

Never mind I fail at reading.

[quote name='walkonshadows']
1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.
[/QUOTE]

This is probably the only option that would be available so you don't have people cherry picking the best games. With this option publishers could still 'force' fairly unwanted titles on to people while generating revenue by including a couple people do want.

[quote name='JostVice']Hey Tony, just curious how digital game stores work: you actually buy a number of keys from the publisher or how does it work?[/QUOTE]

This, I'm curious about it too, I thought the store buys a lot of keys at a reduced price first so they can make discounts on the sale.

[quote name='Genocidal']That last post wasn't referencing The Sims in particular, but the same idea applies.[/QUOTE]

People have been asking specific questions about games throughout this thread. Sometimes Tony answers, sometimes he says we're still talking to publishers.

I'm just trying to give my business to Amazon...

And I gotta be honest, some of the hostility I've seen between people on this thread is starting to turn me off on how I feel about purchasing from Amazon, particularly the mini-Tonyies yelling at other Amazon customers. So far I've defaulted to buying from Amazon and racking up $170, in large part because of the marketing strategy Tony employed. Now I'm having to wade through a lot of ugly posts, getting snark for posting a question to a marketing employee of a company, and feeling generally unpleasant about my purchasing experience...

Screw it, buying this one from Steam regardless.

I love bundles, Id love a Sonic bundle that just had the 16bit games through to the DC games, not the first time Ive mentioned it this thread, Tony if you make it happen I will have your babies.

Re: keys. I don't believe they 'pre-buy' a set amount of keys. Rather, a publisher provides a set amount of keys and the revenue is split accordingly on each sale.

I prefer smaller bundles, but I'm getting to the point that there aren't a lot of games that Amazon carries that I still want. My library has grown to the point that I'm only buying games I'm desperately in love with or are priced at 75% off or more.

The stuff I desperately want is typically new, and I almost always buy it from GMG because they have the best pre-order prices by far. The only new game I've ever bought from Amazon was Battlefield 3 and you guys ran like, a 42 dollar pre-order promo on it or something.

I think Amazon DVG is pretty much the best at everything but new release pre-order incentives. There you guys are about average. You probably don't have the pricing freedom that GreenManGaming does, so my suggestion would be to work in your strengths to supplement your weaknesses.

Example: Tomb Raider is coming out this year. It's been $35 dollars or lower on GMG a lot. I realize you guys can't meet that price. But you could get it at $45 and offer older Tomb Raider games free at the time of pre-purchase to make up that $10 difference. If I feel like catching up on new releases that I haven't played the old entries of, that deal becomes very enticing, because I'll be able to do that while I wait to play the new one I've already bought without paying anything extra.

Hi Tony,

I went for a walk and found a nudie magazine and half an eaten chicken. i was wondering if you could pricematch that for me? I was only asking as it appears you are magic and may be able to also make rainbows.

If not, I will be sad to buy my chicken from other stores.

Love

opasx

[quote name='opasx']Hi Tony,

I went for a walk and found a nudie magazine and half an eaten chicken. i was wondering if you could pricematch that for me? I was only asking as it appears you are magic and may be able to also make rainbows.

If not, I will be sad to buy my chicken from other stores.

Love

opasx[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I mean.

What a crappy thing for a customer to have to read. I know Tony doesn't control any other people on this thread, but he chooses this method of delivery so it's hard not to be annoyed at the situation, as a paying customer, although definitely not with this particular purchase.

Please consider the question withdrawn as I'm buying this one from Steam. Sorry to take up the valuable post space on this thread.

[quote name='Mooby']Re: keys. I don't believe they 'pre-buy' a set amount of keys. Rather, a publisher provides a set amount of keys and the revenue is split accordingly on each sale.[/QUOTE]

Must make what's going on behind the scenes between GG and Bethesda pretty interesting then...

[quote name='Tolyngee']Must make what's going on behind the scenes between GG and Bethesda pretty interesting then...[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year...
well of 2012 at least ;)

[quote name='Tolyngee']Must make what's going on behind the scenes between GG and Bethesda pretty interesting then...[/QUOTE]

That's why my thinking is they don't pre-buy keys. If that were the case Bethesda and 2K wouldn't care. They would already have their money by virtue of GG 'buying' the keys so both publishers would shrug if off: 'we sold you the keys and it's your fault you goofed up and re-sold them at a loss.'

A 'per-sale/transaction' case invites the ire of publishers for selling their IP off at a 'loss' to them -- they obviously don't actually lose money but it's more of a lost-sale-at-X-price sort of thing.

[quote name='JostVice']Hey Tony, just curious how digital game stores work: you actually buy a number of keys from the publisher or how does it work?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Estbarul']This, I'm curious about it too, I thought the store buys a lot of keys at a reduced price first so they can make discounts on the sale.[/QUOTE]

They make payment upon sale, here's the quote.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI there are several parts of this statement that are 100% untrue:

1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

so...
apparently hitman: absolution is 23gb
i'm pretty sad
need to figure out how to download it
what to uninstall...
how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?

[quote name='tham1988']Dark Souls is not THAT hard
(the key is remembering that leveling your character scales enemies, but leveling your equipment doesn't)
Also, when you die, it is fun, some of the most fun i have had in recent years is getting killed in crazy ways
its kind of like the first time you get your head cut off by the dude with the chainsaw in resident evil 4 except it happens more often
(the big thing that sold me on dark souls over demon'e souls is that every time you die in darksouls, you go back to a checkpoint with a certain number of health items

Dark Souls is AMAZING![/QUOTE]

Hrm... Dark Souls doesn't have level scaling.

[quote name='Mooby']That's why my thinking is they don't pre-buy keys. If that were the case Bethesda and 2K wouldn't care. They would already have their money by virtue of GG 'buying' the keys so both publishers would shrug if off: 'we sold you the keys and it's your fault you goofed up and re-sold them at a loss.'

A 'per-sale/transaction' case invites the ire of publishers for selling their IP off at a 'loss' to them -- they obviously don't actually lose money but it's more of a lost-sale-at-X-price sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

I figured GG was negotiating a lower rate on the remaining keys needed to fulfill the partially-fulfilled orders.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that apparently GG (according to their CEO) is the largest DD on the planet.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I wouldn't trust them right now..... too much shenanigans going on. I know I will likely never use them again.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because they didn't honor obvious pricing errors? Personally, I love it when hoarders are denied. Which is primarily who got in on that deal. People on Slickdeals bragging they bought 50 Bethesda packs. I am sure it happened here too. I just didn't waste the time reading the GamersGate thread here.

[quote name='nategator']This is exactly what I mean.

What a crappy thing for a customer to have to read. I know Tony doesn't control any other people on this thread, but he chooses this method of delivery so it's hard not to be annoyed at the situation, as a paying customer, although definitely not with this particular purchase.[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude, stop whining. This is a forum of rabid game buyers, not amazon customer service. If you act like an ass ppl will call you out for it.

I've actually started to wonder is Tony is really a group of amazonianites, because based upon how often he actually answers questions, complaints, etc, he can't possibly sleep, and certainly isn't having sex as no woman would put up with his dedication.

And yes Tony, I would really like to know :)

[quote name='Tolyngee']I figured GG was negotiating a lower rate on the remaining keys needed to fulfill the partially-fulfilled orders.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that apparently GG (according to their CEO) is the largest DD on the planet.[/QUOTE]

As I think someone mentioned before, they meant the 'largest' in terms of games they offer/inventory which is probably true.

[quote name='Iron Angel']Any ideas on how much Syndicate is going to be? I got one more EC credit after buying Desert to Sea and Hotline Miami.[/QUOTE]

None.

[quote name='Mooby']Nategator for Worst New Poster of 2012. His prize is a copy of Toilet Tycoon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. There are a lot of awful new, and old, posters in this thread.

[quote name='Mooby']As I think someone mentioned before, they meant the 'largest' in terms of games they offer/inventory which is probably true.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can't be bothered to look up the interview again but the CEO made it pretty clear that he was speaking in terms of catalog size, not sales or revenue. I think he said they carried something like 4,000 titles. Awesome if you're into Euro-Toenail Clipper Simulator 2009.

[quote name='espy605']I don't know about that. There are a lot of awful new, and old, posters in this thread.[/QUOTE]

So long as I am not in the running for 'poster with no life that monitors CAG all day' like 95% of the people in this thread, I am cool.

[quote name='Mooby']Nategator for Worst New Poster of 2012. His prize is a copy of Toilet Tycoon.[/QUOTE]

Aww, I wish I could've won that prize. Would've saved me $2...

Wait, maybe I can remedy this: Tony, will u PM Gamersgate Bethesda error? (Now can I have a copy of Toilet Tycoon?)
EDIT: Or how about: Tony, will u PM GG NFS: The Run, and does it come with Steam keys? (How bout now?)

Hey, TT is a surprisingly not an awful pile of a game. It's almost, dare I say, craptastic.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Aww, I wish I could've one that prize. Would've saved me $2...

Wait, maybe I can remedy this: Tony, will u PM Gamersgate Bethesda error? (Now can I have a copy of Toilet Tycoon?)[/QUOTE]

You'll have to complain a lot more, announce you're putting people on ignore, whine you can't get a dozen AAA games for $5 just because you bought some $0.30 Darksiders 2 DLC for EC coupons, ask about EA games activating on Steam, ask for Bethesda price matches, and allege Tony is favoring certain posters and that Amazon is out to get you.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Aww, I wish I could've one that prize. Would've saved me $2...

Wait, maybe I can remedy this: Tony, will u PM Gamersgate Bethesda error? (Now can I have a copy of Toilet Tycoon?)[/QUOTE]

I would buy it for you if it were on steam. Amazon has no gifting option and I am currently in a fuck amazon mood.

[quote name='avwjase']I would buy it for you if it were on steam. Amazon has no gifting option and I am currently in a fuck amazon mood.[/QUOTE]

I actually have it already, and, I do say, it is the shit.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Yeah, I can't be bothered to look up the interview again but the CEO made it pretty clear that he was speaking in terms of catalog size, not sales or revenue. I think he said they carried something like 4,000 titles. Awesome if you're into Euro-Toenail Clipper Simulator 2009.[/QUOTE]

Looking at a list of GG's prices, I see a list of 1,724 items.

So, something like 58% of their inventory is just not available for me to buy then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back