Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zennoux']What's the problem with Origin?[/QUOTE]

It's a rather clumsy distribution client that is only for EA games. There is nothing wrong with it per se, but a lot of games that were or would otherwise be available on Steam are now Origin-only. Lots of people like to keep their collections streamlined into one client so multiple clients, especially publisher-exclusive clients, are an annoyance.

AFAIK there is no *invasive* DRM, it's just that the politics of the situation cuts down on people's options.

[quote name='soulkyo'][quote name='menewbe']thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as
Untitled.jpg
I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game[/QUOTE]
Have you tried pressing the View product key button?. I didn't buy a shooter pack myself but I did buy it from a fellow CAG that bought it and he sent me 3 keys. Maybe, they set it to 1 key only later. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

No, not yet because I asked amazon cs if they could swap my one key and get separate keys instead. waiting on their reply

to anyone bought DNF complete in the shooter pack, did clicking the view key button yield 3 keys?

[quote name='menewbe']thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as
Untitled.jpg
I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game[/QUOTE]

If you click on it it shows you three separate keys. I was disappointed at first since I had the base, and just wanted the DLC, was going to gift the base game. When I clicked view keys though it showed all three separately

yup...that's exactly it. I like having everything in one place. Always bums me out in bundles when a game has a Desura key. I'm anal and like to find banners for all my non steam games but some of them I can't find.

[quote name='shezbot']If you click on it it shows you three separate keys. I was disappointed at first since I had the base, and just wanted the DLC, was going to gift the base game. When I clicked view keys though it showed all three separately[/QUOTE]
oh awesome thank you for the reply! that's the answer I was hoping to hear :D

[quote name='Woodlands']It's a rather clumsy distribution client that is only for EA games. There is nothing wrong with it per se, but a lot of games that were or would otherwise be available on Steam are now Origin-only. Lots of people like to keep their collections streamlined into one client so multiple clients, especially publisher-exclusive clients, are an annoyance.

AFAIK there is no *invasive* DRM, it's just that the politics of the situation cuts down on people's options.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I don't think anyone is saying it's invasive. It's a hell of a lot better than some DRM schemes like Securom that EA has used in the past. It's just easier to have most of a game collection on one place for some people.

Also I don't know if Origin is quite up to speed on a lot of features Steam has like automatic updates and such. I still can't quite make out if Origin does them. I know with Sims 3 if you get all the games at once it's a lot more of a pain in the butt on Origin because you have to install them all one by one vs one download on Steam and you're done.

Oh and Amazon really should start putting "Origin" in the DRM field for the games that require Origin like the Command and Conquer pack and (the new) Sim City.

[quote name='oman19']yup...that's exactly it. I like having everything in one place. Always bums me out in bundles when a game has a Desura key. I'm anal and like to find banners for all my non steam games but some of them I can't find.[/QUOTE]

I like Desura. I resisted it for a long time but when I finally caved because there were just so many bundle games that had keys for it and weren't on Steam I found that it's actually quite flexible and works really well.

The reality is there are just some games that won't ever make it onto Steam or it will be a long time before they do. For indie games, Desura is the next best option and far preferably for me than having a bunch of games without a client or making shortcuts on Steam and then having to constantly go back and manually see if there are updates, because a lot of these indie games are newer and still works in progress.

My only gripe with Desura is that they are so hands off with the indie developers that most forget to ever put their games on sale there. I get 99% of my Desura keys from bundles, but if some other store like Amazon started selling games with Desura keys for a reasonable price, I'd buy them.

[quote name='Motoki']Agreed, I don't think anyone is saying it's invasive. It's a hell of a lot better than some DRM schemes like Securom that EA has used in the past.[/QUOTE]
I've seen people go ape over Origin automagically locating other EA titles on your system (such as Alice) and adding them to your library. I see that as a handy service but some call it a breach of privacy.

[quote name='Woodlands']It's a rather clumsy distribution client that is only for EA games. There is nothing wrong with it per se, but a lot of games that were or would otherwise be available on Steam are now Origin-only. Lots of people like to keep their collections streamlined into one client so multiple clients, especially publisher-exclusive clients, are an annoyance.[/QUOTE]

Note that the reason for some stuff being Origin only came about from Steam's policy on DLC (In that they prefer if users buy DLC through the Steam client) and EA's desire to sell it through their own portal, which has lead to the current situation.

I find nothing wrong with Origin either, tho I hardly use it. I have maybe a handful of games on Origin, some of which from back before I was buying stuff on Steam with their previous download service.

I've seen people go ape over Origin automagically locating other EA titles on your system (such as Alice) and adding them to your library. I see that as a handy service but some call it a breach of privacy.

I don't mind it at all. Desura does the same thing, actually.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I've seen people go ape over Origin automagically locating other EA titles on your system (such as Alice) and adding them to your library. I see that as a handy service but some call it a breach of privacy.[/QUOTE]

It is. It isn't any of there business what else you have installed on your PC. I've seen this "feature" even cause big headaches too.

My friend was telling me when her brother installed Origin on her PC to play BF3 that he bought (hers is the only one that could run it well) and all of her Steam EA games are now tied to her brothers Origin account. I have no idea if she contacted Origin about it or whatever, but she was pissed and rightfully so. Origin doesn't ask if you want to register the games on the account, it just does it.

[quote name='oman19']yup...that's exactly it. I like having everything in one place. Always bums me out in bundles when a game has a Desura key. I'm anal and like to find banners for all my non steam games but some of them I can't find.[/QUOTE]
Steam Banners has a pretty good collection of em, if you haven't already looked at that.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I've seen people go ape over Origin automagically locating other EA titles on your system (such as Alice) and adding them to your library. I see that as a handy service but some call it a breach of privacy.[/QUOTE]

Those same people "going ape" over that shouldn't be on the internet if they're concerned about it. Maybe they haven't heard of cookies? Origin seeing what other EA games they have on their system is the least of their worries.

[quote name='aus_nacht']You guys are kidding yourself. It will require Origin.

Just like Mass Effect 3 and Syndicate both of which I bought retail last year. Installs from disk but requires Origin[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I haven't bought an EA game at retail in a while so I didn't know how they handle it.

[quote name='mnuttster']That's what scares me...I've tried to get an answer from Amazon CS on whether or not the download option for DS3 is Steam or Origin since DS 1 & 2 are on Steam.

But my guess is since it's not stated, it's most likely Origin.

My hope is that with the physical version, I can opt out of having to redeem it on Origin or just self install it.

I'd hate to get the physical one and have to Origin redeem it, which eliminates any possibility of resale or any real reason to buy physical media anymore...[/QUOTE]

Looks like it will be Origin.

Personally I don't have a problem with it at all. I currently have like 6 clients installed. Origin seems to run pretty well for me, low resource, just a game DLer/launcher basically.

That one story of it tying one person's games to another account automatically does suck though. Hopefully they fixed that. I don't think I have any EA games outside of Origin so it has never auto added anything for me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Good to know. I haven't bought an EA game at retail in a while so I didn't know how they handle it.
[/QUOTE]

It's just like steamworks games that you buy retail. You put the cd in, it launchs the client, you activate it, then it installs the game from the cd. I prefer that if the prices are the same since it keeps my wife from screaming at me for chewing up all the bandwidth.

Spec Ops VS Borderlands 1 GOTY is a very weird (and misinformed argument). I've beaten both. Spec Ops is a story heavy 8-10 hour TPS shooter. Borderlands 1 GOTY is a single player (or 4-person coop w/friends) cell shaded FPS with awesome procedurally generated guns, and four playable classes. I have 128 steam hours on BL1 (on just my Siren). In a nutshell it is Diablo with guns. I loved both games, but bang for the buck clearly goes to Borderlands 1 GOTY -- I'd been thinking of playing it again with the Hunter.

Interesting price on C&C Ultimate, that's right next to the limited time price on the-site-that-shall-not-be-mentioned. Also interesting to see GR:FS near $10.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.[/QUOTE]

The retail C&C Ultimate box only contains a code for Origin -- no round plastic thingies.

[quote name='mnuttster']I figured the original from 2000 would play just like playing N64 games today...not good unless it's Mario Kart.

TMR will probably end up cheap next Steam sale so I might wait.[/QUOTE]

You failed to mention the best reason to own an N64: 007 Goldeneye... Slim Jim time!

If you are going to slam an old game for dated graphics please check for graphical overhaul mods. I, for one, was already aware of, American McGee's Alice HD (texture overhaul).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hET1iPFXCTo

[quote name='asheskitty']
The retail C&C Ultimate box only contains a code for Origin -- no round plastic thingies.
[/QUOTE]

Really? They just stuck a key on a piece of paper, boxed it up all pretty and called it good? Wow.

Considering how Slooooow the C&C games were for me to download from Origin recently and the fact that beyond the initial 'hey let's make sure this runs on Windows 7' they did for this pack it's probably not going to get much in the way of updates I think the C&C pack at retail would be better served with putting the data on a disc to install it.

[quote name='Motoki']Really? They just stuck a key on a piece of paper, boxed it up all pretty and called it good? Wow.

Considering how Slooooow the C&C games were for me to download from Origin recently and the fact that beyond the initial 'hey let's make sure this runs on Windows 7' they did for this pack it's probably not going to get much in the way of updates I think the C&C pack at retail would be better served with putting the data on a disc to install it.[/QUOTE]

There is a cd in it, but it comes with the paper that has the origin code. source - youtube.

After reading about the remote possibility of EA buying darksiders franchise... I got the doubt: darksiders complete or alice complete? I didn't finished Darksiders 1, but only because I got stuck and jumped to another game because my backlog. I saw videos from DS 2 and doesn't seems superior to DS 1

Or maybe I should wait and get the Crysis collection? Already have Crysis 1 on steam, but I'd rather deal with limited activations through amazon, and I think I already wasted about 4 activations with my steam copy

My gaming budget is very small after the holiday sales! I think I can afford Crysis collection + alice/DS2...

Any recommendations?

[quote name='Motoki']Really? They just stuck a key on a piece of paper, boxed it up all pretty and called it good? Wow.

Considering how Slooooow the C&C games were for me to download from Origin recently and the fact that beyond the initial 'hey let's make sure this runs on Windows 7' they did for this pack it's probably not going to get much in the way of updates I think the C&C pack at retail would be better served with putting the data on a disc to install it.[/QUOTE]

I can't verify personally, but when I was reading reviews on Amazon there were several noting that. I can see three motivations: save a few pennies on the plastic, push Origin accounts, make sure the buyer gets the latest version. I can't decide which of the first two was a greater factor.

[quote name='shezbot']There is a cd in it, but it comes with the paper that has the origin code. source - youtube.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of poorly edited youtube vids.

TL;DW

[quote name='asheskitty']Speaking of poorly edited youtube vids.

TL;DW[/QUOTE]

LOL Yeah. takes him forever to open the packaging. Hilarious.

[quote name='pantsattack']What is the site where you can redeem Mass Effect 1 on Origin? The code didn't work when I put it directly into O.[/QUOTE]
You have to talk to Origin Live Help. They will add it manually for you.

In Origin hit Help, Origin Help, then Live Chat.

When you guys said that Origin scans your PC for games you already own and adds them to your collection, is that anything EA owns? If I installed all my old disc games like the C&C series, Wing Commander, etc it would add digital version of them to my collection without me having to repurchase them?!

[quote name='nosferatu51']When you guys said that Origin scans your PC for games you already own and adds them to your collection, is that anything EA owns? If I installed all my old disc games like the C&C series, Wing Commander, etc it would add digital version of them to my collection without me having to repurchase them?![/QUOTE]

It may or may not find them, it seems to be hit or miss. I had C&C RA3 installed from my steam account along with burnout paradise. When I installed origin it found those. However then I got NFS:HP during the steam sale, and origin could never find it for some reason. So I dont know how it actually searches for games and decides what you own and what you dont

[quote name='ezelkow1']It may or may not find them, it seems to be hit or miss. I had C&C RA3 installed from my steam account along with burnout paradise. When I installed origin it found those. However then I got NFS:HP during the steam sale, and origin could never find it for some reason. So I dont know how it actually searches for games and decides what you own and what you dont[/QUOTE]

You have to have the game installed for it to detect and add it.

[quote name='asheskitty']Spec Ops VS Borderlands 1 GOTY is a very weird (and misinformed argument). I've beaten both. Spec Ops is a story heavy 8-10 hour TPS shooter. Borderlands 1 GOTY is a single player (or 4-person coop w/friends) cell shaded FPS with awesome procedurally generated guns, and four playable classes. I have 128 steam hours on BL1 (on just my Siren). In a nutshell it is Diablo with guns. I loved both games, but bang for the buck clearly goes to Borderlands 1 GOTY -- I'd been thinking of playing it again with the Hunter.

[snip]

If you are going to slam an old game for dated graphics please check for graphical overhaul mods. I, for one, was already aware of, American McGee's Alice HD (texture overhaul).[/QUOTE]

Agreed that if one is looking for an inexpensive, lengthy action shooter then Borderlands GOTY is it. Diablo with guns is an accurate description. I spent dozens of hours with it and loved it to pieces. I also agree about Spec Ops: The Line. It's a shorter game but I love how concentrated and compact it is. I love a game that knows just how long it should be.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Alice mod! Never knew about it until now.

[quote name='nosferatu51']When you guys said that Origin scans your PC for games you already own and adds them to your collection, is that anything EA owns? If I installed all my old disc games like the C&C series, Wing Commander, etc it would add digital version of them to my collection without me having to repurchase them?![/QUOTE]

Don't know if it would work with games that old, but Origin detects games that are installed and automatically adds them. I was rather surprised when I loaded Origin and it had Alice as a part of my games, since I had bought that on Steam.

Course, it reminded me of the days when Stardock owned Impulse and I was happy that I could add my disc copy of GalCiv to my account. I don't know if you can do the same with Origin if you have the CD keys. It would have to be on Origin in the first place.

Origin has never detected any of my steam or non-steam EA games. I have NFS:U2, NFS:MW (2005), NFS:Carbon, NFS:prostreet (from Origin, $4), NFS:Undercover, NFS:Shift, NFS:HP (2010), NFS: Shift 2, Burnout Paradise, Mass Effect 1, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age UO, Bulletstorm all installed (I'm sure I'm missing others, but I can't be arsed to ferret out for for the list.

On second thought, I do think it might have found my Need for Speed: World (F2P) install...

Hey CAGers,

I've been looking through Tony's posts to try and find an answer to this question but I haven't seen it.

Has Tony mentioned any of the Sega deals coming back during the EC special?

I saw that the Warner Bros. deals won't be coming back, but I haven't been able to find any mention of the Sega deals.

Origin has only added my steam version of alice for me and it was to an origin account I don't use on that pc.
I think it's because it asks for an email address to activate so it adds it to an associated origin acct.

I picked up The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and every thing on it except mercs 2 activated directly on origin had to use https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Steam Banners has a pretty good collection of em, if you haven't already looked at that.[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. Many people(myself included -link) often upload stuff there all the time. If everyone uploaded their stuff there and properly tagged it. It would save everyone a lot of effort and time.

[quote name='MrBonk']Yes it is. Many people(myself included -link) often upload stuff there all the time. If everyone uploaded their stuff there and properly tagged it. It would save everyone a lot of effort and time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I spent the last day digging through forum threads and the like. Can also do a google image search and restrict the size to 460x215 which doesn't find everything, but works ok.

I've amassed quite the collection in a folder now. I really like the textless images look, but I just don't trust that I'd recognize everything enough to know what it is, so I went with tiles with titles.

***And now maybe I'll go try installing some old EA games and running Origin to see what happens....

[quote name='asheskitty']Origin has never detected any of my steam or non-steam EA games. I have NFS:U2, NFS:MW (2005), NFS:Carbon, NFS:prostreet (from Origin, $4), NFS:Undercover, NFS:Shift, NFS:HP (2010), NFS: Shift 2, Burnout Paradise, Mass Effect 1, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age UO, Bulletstorm all installed (I'm sure I'm missing others, but I can't be arsed to ferret out for for the list.

On second thought, I do think it might have found my Need for Speed: World (F2P) install...[/QUOTE]

Did you log into your Origin/EA account (or activate Autolog) from within those games that support doing so? IIRC, once I used Autolog for the first time in NFS:HP on Steam, it activated in my corresponding Origin account.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey CAGers,

I've been looking through Tony's posts to try and find an answer to this question but I haven't seen it.

Has Tony mentioned any of the Sega deals coming back during the EC special?

I saw that the Warner Bros. deals won't be coming back, but I haven't been able to find any mention of the Sega deals.[/QUOTE]

No news on any Sega deals yet :(

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Did you log into your Origin/EA account (or activate Autolog) from within those games that support doing so? IIRC, once I used Autolog for the first time in NFS:HP on Steam, it activated in my corresponding Origin account.[/QUOTE]

No I did not. If I can avoid logging into something I usually do. I should note that a few things were "attached" to an older EA account of sorts (remember EADM?)

[quote name='nosferatu51']Yeah, I spent the last day digging through forum threads and the like. Can also do a google image search and restrict the size to 460x215 which doesn't find everything, but works ok.

I've amassed quite the collection in a folder now. I really like the textless images look, but I just don't trust that I'd recognize everything enough to know what it is, so I went with tiles with titles.

***And now maybe I'll go try installing some old EA games and running Origin to see what happens....[/QUOTE]
I've got hundreds of icons myself. As well as many of the official icons too.

The google search can work, but I find that most times it doesn't work as great as you would hope.

I've never been a fan of Textless icons myself. I never understood the purpose until the other day. Which I didn't even ask anyone but it just popped in my mind. Because in BP mode steam has a white tab that shows the title under the game that you have selected. So there is no need for text/logo. That's what I assume most wanting Textless icons want.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Good to know. I haven't bought an EA game at retail in a while so I didn't know how they handle it.

Looks like it will be Origin.

Personally I don't have a problem with it at all. I currently have like 6 clients installed. Origin seems to run pretty well for me, low resource, just a game DLer/launcher basically.

That one story of it tying one person's games to another account automatically does suck though. Hopefully they fixed that. I don't think I have any EA games outside of Origin so it has never auto added anything for me.[/QUOTE]

Guess I don't have much of an issue with it as well, I'm just super OCD and even though it sounds pretty petty but it bothers me to have my games in multiple places.

I probably should be more concerned on DS3 actually being a good game....

Reposting my question in case it was missed

[quote name='CheapThingsAreGood']Hey Tony, out of curiosity, what are the odds of getting these titles (with steam keys :D)

Puzzle Agent 2 - Since Amazon is already selling the first Puzzle Agent, along with other Telltale Games like something called The Walking Dead... whatever that is ;)

FTL: Faster Than Light - Simply because it's another indie title that, like Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and ITSP, I would love to see a good deal on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapThingsAreGood']Reposting my question in case it was missed[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Sorry I missed this. I think we're in conversation with the FTL guys but I'm not sure where it is.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a PA2, I don't think we carry PA1 digitally though.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back