Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Das_Regal']Is Dark Souls from Amazon going to be a GFWL or Steam version? Or both?[/QUOTE]

BOTH.

In short - in the USA, this game requires BOTH Steam & G4WL.

Now, the details...

Dark Souls: PTD Ed PC requires Steam (for some reason) in ALL of the USA versions.
That part is listed on Amazon DVG's page.
Additional Info: Steam account required for game activation and installation

This game REQUIRES G4WL, as well - especially for the Multiplayer.
That's listed on the Steam page.
Additional: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE, Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.

[quote name='vince_carter']kind of want to double dip on DS as I got rid of my 360... but I heard the port isn't any good.... damn idk[/QUOTE]

Once you get the internal render mod the game is fine and looks great then. The was the only real issue with the port. Some had issues with the 30fps lock but there is a mod that removes that as well but im not 100% sure if they worked all the bugs out it yet or not though.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Once you get the internal render mod the game is fine and looks great then. The was the only real issue with the port. Some had issues with the 30fps lock but there is a mod that removes that as well but im not 100% sure if they worked all the bugs out it yet or not though.[/QUOTE]

The port is not perfect, but playing on pc Dark Sous PtD is fantastic!
Here is the official blog for the mod:
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

It adds SMAA/FXAA antialiasing, SSAO, blur mod, dof mod, anisotropic filtering mod, texture replacement, more stuff that I can remember AND 60fps with the following bugs:

In other news, I believe that all the possible issues with the FPS unlock are now known, and there is a way to deal with most of them as of version 1.8:

Sliding down ladders can make you fall through the ground. Workaround: don’t slide down ladders with unlocked FPS.
Jumping/rolling distance is slightly reduced at 60 FPS. Workaround: in case you need to do one of the 2 or 3 jumps in the game that need maximum distance, use the new toggle key to toggle a 30 FPS limit for the jump, then toggle back to 60 after it.
Slope interactions are slightly different at 60 FPS compared to 30, which may make you “stuck” at small obstructions from time to time. Workaround: rolling if there is space, walking back and forth a bit if there is not. Toggling the 30 FPS lock for a second in the worst case.

Enjoy the damn game, its really good!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, on 10/30, we'll have Hitman Absolution for $39.99, so for those of you who have the $5 credit from the Square Bundle, you can get it for $34.99.

For those of you who already pre-ordered, you'll get a $5 credit.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, on 10/30, we'll have Hitman Absolution for $39.99, so for those of you who have the $5 credit from the Square Bundle, you can get it for $34.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony, that is really awesome. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and can't wait to play it. Will the $5 credit apply to the order or will it be a separate deal?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

this seems to be an excellent time to repost my question.

[quote name='The End']Does anybody know if Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition is a limited edition? That is to say, will I still be able to pick it up a year from now?[/QUOTE]

In light of this announcement, I'll ask another question as well. Will there be any kind of discount on the Professional Edition?

[quote name='akmgmer']Thanks Tony, that is really awesome. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and can't wait to play it. Will the $5 credit apply to the order or will it be a separate deal?[/QUOTE]

I've also pre ordered and I think it's just a $5 promo credit as in on a separate gift card not off the pre order itself.

how are you folks making a backup of your amazon games?

I was reading this article about a person whose amazon account was closed and apparently lost all her books. That got me thinking a little about making a backup of my games since by now even with Tony's crazy prices, it would cost me a bit to buy back my backlog.

I do have a copy of the codes and at least for the steam/amazon games, I figure I'm covered by both services. But for many of the recent games, they're too big to fit on a DVD and I don't like the idea of buying a new hard drive.

Anyone using any good free cloud services that allow a large file upload?

Probably being a bit paranoid but IF the person mentioned in the article is actually right, then it's a bit scary.

[quote name='Wario64']Tony, how long is your GAF ban? D: Wow[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']Look at you, acting like the gaming media. All investigative and all :applause:[/QUOTE]

Lol forever:

"You have been banned for the following reason: Hi. Your PR agenda has taken an inappropriate turn and you're no longer welcome as a poster. Thanks. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Totally my bad, I didn't read the rules about OTs. Even if I had though, I read the spirit of them as: "We don't want people pretending to be normal gamers but actually affiliated with the games posting how awesome their games are in our forums".

I was trying to get a feel for whether or not people were interested in getting more robust screenshots, videos, developer diaries/Q&As while making/maintaining OTs, not trying to push an agenda. I was also being 100% transparent about everything, as always, which I thought was the point.

I'd have loved to actually talk to a mod as well but that's not possible now as I can't access anything on the site.

More time to spend with CAG!

EDIT: Sorry for asking you to direct questions here, don't do that, apparently it is bannable.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'll be the n00b to claim ignorance. What's an "OT"?[/QUOTE]

I think it stands for "Official Thread". Basically a run down of the game with reviews, screenshots, system specs, etc.

They're pretty cool, really informative, and generate a ton of discussion.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'll be the n00b to claim ignorance. What's an "OT"?

I saw the thread where you got banned but no one ever explained the term.[/QUOTE]

It's the sanctioned thread for a particular game. The "Official Thread". Not official in an endorsed way. Sorry to hear you go Tony. Don't sweat it though but if you read what I posted in the Amazon deals thread on GAF, it seems unlike you to make a thread like that. The timing was not right. Especially if you read that journalism scandal thread with a lot of heat there today.

I have an account over there, but I hardly ever post. It just fees like it's way too easy to get banned over there. It makes me afraid to post.

[quote name='The End']I have an account over there, but I hardly ever post. It just fees like it's way too easy to get banned over there. It makes me afraid to post.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it. Just don't talk about rape, wishing harm upon others, mocking any of the mods, being a PR bot, etc. and you'll be fine. I just stick to game discussions and Steam.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.[/QUOTE]

I knew you were gone but never researched the reason.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Don't sweat it. Just don't talk about rape, wishing harm upon others, mocking any of the mods, being a PR bot, etc. and you'll be fine. I just stick to game discussions and Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a PR arm for GAF but mocking anyone (pending the candor) is not endorsed. Mod or not, judgement will come fairly. Everything else stands as it is in the TOS. Unfortunate spot for Tony but it was a fair ban considering how impartial GAF wants to be. We don't get paid for doing much but are also expected to be proffesional and unbiased. The rules laid there make it easy to spot fanboys as well. I like that and I like swift punishment for members who can't carry an opinion without slant.

I'm deviating from the main point. You'll be fine Tony. I wouldn't really bring that here either though (your idea from the GAF thread). Just some advice.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']hey Tony, is the Doctor Who bundle still coming this week?[/QUOTE]

If not this week, early next, shooting for tomorrow though.

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']It's the sanctioned thread for a particular game. The "Official Thread". Not official in an endorsed way. Sorry to hear you go Tony. Don't sweat it though but if you read what I posted in the Amazon deals thread on GAF, it seems unlike you to make a thread like that. The timing was not right. Especially if you read that journalism scandal thread with a lot of heat there today.[/QUOTE]

Lol my account wasn't hacked, I guess I just grossly misjudged how to interact with the 'Gaf community. Unfortunately, although I'd love to, I don't read every thread/blog every day so I was unaware of the other thread.

That being said, my thread was nothing like the article posted about "scummy marketing". I saw a community who loves talking about games, so much so that they've codified how to talk about new games (OT's) and I thought "man it would be really cool to get these guys early/better access to assets/graphics/interviews with the developers, etc."...there are always tons of "why does the game have this mechanic, or will the game do this" conversations in OTs. It thought it would be cool for those questions to be answered...apparently not.

Like others have commented though, between Nelo and Wario I'm sure 'Gaffers will find our deals, they'll just have to hunt me down in other places to ask questions about them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

If you talk to any of the guys on the 'Gaf forum let them know they'll have to route their questions through CAG I guess.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Uhm, no. Posting for a banned poster is a good way to get perm'd.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Totally my bad, I didn't read the rules about OTs. Even if I had though, I read the spirit of them as: "We don't want people pretending to be normal gamers but actually affiliated with the games posting how awesome their games are in our forums".
[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right about this. Maybe if Amazon was cutting off a little coin to Tyler, you two could have worked something out privately. Because as it goes, it's alright to be a disgusting shill as long as nobody catches on to you being paid to do so.

Don't sweat it. From what I could tell, they weren't even happy with just your deals. Always demanding things from you and generally being assholes.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.[/QUOTE]

For every one good poster, 10 more will take their place and keep those extended vacations of his rolling.

Oh and didn't you post on evilbore? Do you still do so?

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']I knew you were gone but never researched the reason.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it was a fun story. The summary is he changed my ban behind my back while we were talking about a peaceful resolution to an unrelated issue.

[quote name='CheapyD']Frankly, I think Evilore gets off on banning high-profile users. His loss, our gain. MOAR TONY![/QUOTE]
Oh, it's ALL a powertrip. Especially when those people beg to be let back in under new usernames. And get banned again. He loves giving special treatment and taking it away.

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']I'm not a PR arm for GAF but mocking anyone (pending the candor) is not endorsed. Mod or not, judgement will come fairly. Everything else stands as it is in the TOS. Unfortunate spot for Tony but it was a fair ban considering how impartial GAF wants to be. We don't get paid for doing much but are also expected to be proffesional and unbiased. The rules laid there make it easy to spot fanboys as well. I like that and I like swift punishment for members who can't carry an opinion without slant.

I'm deviating from the main point. You'll be fine Tony. I wouldn't really bring that here either though (your idea from the GAF thread). Just some advice.[/QUOTE]

Not to split hairs here but, as a professional, we generally talk to one another about things.

Totally acknowledging that I should have read the rules about OT, this was not professional lol.

[quote name='CheapyD']Frankly, I think Evilore gets off on banning high-profile users. His loss, our gain. MOAR TONY![/QUOTE]

Thanks Cheapy :).

[quote name='KholdGAF']Will just have to use my cag account more. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yay!

[quote name='Enron']Uhm, no. Posting for a banned poster is a good way to get perm'd.[/QUOTE]

Oh whoops, didn't know that, I'll edit this post.

Cheers,
Tony

I kind of get what you're saying but the rules on GAF are pretty stringent man. I like this place for different reasons but I would also question the interests of certain parties involved if they were getting some kind of special treatment, information, or even prized, in order to make an OT of some sort.

I think if the rules are stated clearly enough (as they are in the GAF TOS), you will understand that the band was justified. It's not PR and personally, that's what makes GAF a damn good place. It's much better than it even was 3-4 years ago thanks to the moderation.

[quote name='The Nephilim']That smug elf banned the T-Man forever? friggin GAF!![/QUOTE]

I'm going to suggest taking the mature route and not getting personal in this. Tony is handling it like a pro and so should you. I don't see Evilore openly spitting on Tony while he's down (banned). It's done. Time to move on. Tony still exists and he will move on.

[quote name='LiquidMetal14'] you will understand that the band was justified. [/QUOTE]

Creed, on the other hand, was a band that was never justified.

[quote name='LiquidMetal14']Tony is handling it like a pro and so should you.[/QUOTE]
Luckily, I'm a rank amateur and not a pro. Neener, neener, GAF smells! :lol::booty::lol:

GAF sounds pretty lame. Never been on it, and I don't think I ever will. The whole worrying about some asshole banning me for no reason thing doesn't sound too appealing.

[quote name='kaydigi']Gamestop price match Tony?[/QUOTE]

Negative ghostrider, we have many of those planned for the future or just ran them. Example, Dead Souls this Sunday, Walking Dead was like 1.5 weeks ago at the same price and will be again close to Halloween.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I suppose now I won't feel like keeping my eye on the threads on both forums as I have in the past. And I would've completely understood a temporary ban, but it being permanent is simply hilarious; GAF is a funny place.

In any case, Tony, you rule. Keep up the good work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back