Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy games with good stories, so would Dark Souls fit the bill? Difficulty is not really an issue, I got good at dieing in games a long time ago.

[quote name='Shrowd']I enjoy games with good stories, so would Dark Souls fit the bill? Difficulty is not really an issue, I got good at dieing in games a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Dark Souls really doesn't have much of a story, and what's there is convoluted and poorly translated at best.

I don't think anyone shows up to Dark Souls for the story.

[quote name='Shrowd']I enjoy games with good stories, so would Dark Souls fit the bill? Difficulty is not really an issue, I got good at dieing in games a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
If you aren't getting Dark Souls for the gameplay you'll probably end up night liking it.

Despite what everyone is saying I really like the story of both Demon's and Dark Souls.

They are not straight "here is the story" it is all stuff that you piece together yourself through different things you find. I know for my buddies and I with Dark Souls we discussed story and origins and all this other stuff until the wee hours of the morning and then would go online and look for what other people interpreted certain backstory things to be and what not.

I am not sure if that makes sense or not haha but it DOES have a good story in my mind simply because there are so many interesting characters and such. Is it a story told out like most RPGs however? Most definitely not.

*EDIT*

Do we know when Dark Souls is on sale until? I really want this for PC too and I am going to try and stay strong resisting but I may just cave eventually...

Thanks for the quick feedback. May hold off purchasing it until the winter sales. Got a ton of backlogged games. I just find it hard to turn down any rpg with killer storytelling.

May end up playing FF 7 again. About to break down and buy it soon, not sure if Tony's offer of a firstborn child to them will be enough to get the digital rights for Amazon DD.

[quote name='Shrowd']Thanks for the quick feedback. May hold off purchasing it until the winter sales. Got a ton of backlogged games. I just find it hard to turn down any rpg with killer storytelling.

May end up playing FF 7 again. About to break down and buy it soon, not sure if Tony's offer of a firstborn child to them will be enough to get the digital rights for Amazon DD.[/QUOTE]

It's not really an RPG in the way you're thinking. It's really very much just an open-world action game with shitloads of loot, basically. This doesn't make it less fun, but let's just call it what it is. Although it has so many elements of "RPG" gaming - loot, leveling, hit points, buffing, NPCs, etc. - these are all on a very sturdy action game backbone. It plays kinda like a very obtuse Zelda, except rather than not being able to access certain parts until you have a new tool, you can't access certain parts until you are strong or skilled enough or else you just die when you go too deep.

Having said all that, I personally found the overall story so scarcely told I simply chose to stop following it, but I really enjoyed the individual stories of the NPCs you encounter. They are mysterious in how little you learn about them, and what little you do learn coupled with what you see in their armor and weaponry makes you curious to learn more (even if there is nothing more to learn, in many cases). Hearing about some evil dude from another NPC and then encountering him later on with his evil as fuck helmet and huge sword is like coming face to face with the boogeyman: he's not scary because of what you know, he's scary because of what you've built up in your head. That personalized character development (this is who I am and this is who I don't want to run into) coupled with a real fear of in-game death is what I found most engrossing about this game, not the story I was told by the writers per se.

As for difficulty, sure the game can be very punishing, but the difficulty is really a product of the gamer's own greed. It boils down to the kill-by-kill decision making: do you go back now and cash in your souls for leveling up, or do you risk it and go just a little bit further? If you die, you lose all your souls, which are the currency with which you level up. There is no leveling up simply for playing the game, you must purchase all levels (in case you don't know this element already). So sure, it's one thing to be used to starting the second level of Super Ghouls n Ghosts over and over again, but in that game you didn't have increasingly weakened weaponry and armor every time you started a new life. The weight of your decisions are much heavier in this game, and again, it's greed that gets ya, not the difficulty.

If it wasn't for XCom and Dishonored taking up my time and AC3 coming in a few days, I would be all over DS.

If it was closer to $10, I'd have it on the backlog.

[quote name='Caine']

If it was closer to $10, I'd have it on the backlog.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I keep dancing around getting it right now but I know if it were less than $15 I would not have even thought about it and it would be installed on my pc right now haha

So I installed durantes mod for darksouls, but its making my game really weird looking.

The actual game is 1/4 of the screen and the rest is black, what went wrong? I tried reinstalling the mod, but it didnt solve it.

[quote name='gomikeoh']So I installed durantes mod for darksouls, but its making my game really weird looking.

The actual game is 1/4 of the screen and the rest is black, what went wrong? I tried reinstalling the mod, but it didnt solve it.[/QUOTE]

Are you using an AMD video card? I've read that the mod has issues with some AMD cards.

[quote name='gomikeoh']So I installed durantes mod for darksouls, but its making my game really weird looking.

The actual game is 1/4 of the screen and the rest is black, what went wrong? I tried reinstalling the mod, but it didnt solve it.[/QUOTE]

Disable AA ingame.

As per the instructions in the README.txt

Have you changed the resolution in the .ini file and disabled in game AA?

Verify the integrity of the game cache in Steam.

DS would be a buy if it were a bit cheaper. As it is, I'll pass. I did grab the Walking Dead though as my gf and I just started watching the TV show and wanted to try the game though I know it is made from the comics.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']DS would be a buy if it were a bit cheaper. As it is, I'll pass. I did grab the Walking Dead though as my gf and I just started watching the TV show and wanted to try the game though I know it is made from the comics.[/QUOTE]

The game is it's own story much like the tv show. None of it happened or was in the comics and the characters are new so you don't have to worry about spoilers or needing to know what happened elsewhere.

[quote name='60fps']The game is it's own story much like the tv show. None of it happened or was in the comics and the characters are new so you don't have to worry about spoilers or needing to know what happened elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I think I read that the video game did happen alongside the comic book. But, I can tell you that it does not give any spoilers. I read all the comic up to last March.

[quote name='60fps']The game is it's own story much like the tv show. None of it happened or was in the comics and the characters are new so you don't have to worry about spoilers or needing to know what happened elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I thought the TV show was loosely based on the comics? I know they use a lot of the same characters. Do you mean the plot is totally different?

I really love the TV show & game(goty!!). I recently bought compendium 1 & 2 (ty for the great prices Amazon) for my nephew for b-day & christmas. I was sorely tempted to read the first one, but didn't so that I wouldn't spoil the TV show.

I'm wondering if the two books, Rise of the Governor & Road to Woodbury, will spoil the show? Does anyone know?

Very tempted by Dark Souls but I'm still busy with Borderlands 2 and have a few other games in the backlog so I'm trying to convince myself to pass for now.

Hopefully it'll be cheaper around the holidays either on Amazon or during Steam winter sale. I think my target price point for DS is about $10 which is what I expect it will be by the time I'm ready to play it in a few months.

Can I really get banned from GFWL for using mods? Especially the framerate one. I decided to get the PC version of Dark Souls so I can mess around freely with mods and explore areas of the game that I have trouble getting through on the PS3. I have no intention of ever playing multiplayer with this version.

[quote name='Seraphym']I thought the TV show was loosely based on the comics? I know they use a lot of the same characters. Do you mean the plot is totally different?

I really love the TV show & game(goty!!). I recently bought compendium 1 & 2 (ty for the great prices Amazon) for my nephew for b-day & christmas. I was sorely tempted to read the first one, but didn't so that I wouldn't spoil the TV show.

I'm wondering if the two books, Rise of the Governor & Road to Woodbury, will spoil the show? Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure. I've only read the first volume of the graphic novels (and that was some time ago) and only seen the first few episodes of the series. I can tell you that there is a character who appears in Episode 1 of the Telltale game, Glenn, who, to my understanding, is the same character that you see in the television series.

[quote name='warreni']I'm not really sure. I've only read the first volume of the graphic novels (and that was some time ago) and only seen the first few episodes of the series. I can tell you that there is a character who appears in Episode 1 of the Telltale game, Glenn, who, to my understanding, is the same character that you see in the television series.[/QUOTE]

The TV Show definitely follows the comics. It is a little loose. They take a little liberty on the timing of somethings and so forth, but if you read the comics, you basically know what's going to happen in the TV show.

The game runs parallel to the show/comic with some cross characters, but is essentially it's own story arc.

Does anyone know how much the individual chapters of The Walking Dead run on PSN? I got the first two chapters free from PS+, but wondering if I should just get the PC version.

I know there is no PM with GMG but anyway... Tony are you planning a new Magicka 4-Pack soon? I have some friends interested in playing it coop.

Thanks anyway!! ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']I was joking about the ban, hence the winky face.

And I don't see anything wrong with alerting people in this thread to other options. People pop into thread on this forum all the time telling people where they can get the same product for cheaper or the same price. This thread shouldn't be immune to that. We all think Tony does a bang-up job with the work he does, but that doesn't mean he has some sort of a immunity to the free market on this forum.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Haven't popped in here for awhile. Great price on DS.

Any news on the COD sale? Or, dare I ask, the 1C bundle?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Terlan']I believe it's still coming but not sure when.[/QUOTE]

COD is looking like November/December but still no specifics. KOA will be in November.

1C...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Birbo']Does anyone know how much the individual chapters of The Walking Dead run on PSN? I got the first two chapters free from PS+, but wondering if I should just get the PC version.[/QUOTE]

They're $5 each.

[quote name='Cofresi']Maybe people are waiting for pay day(me) to buy it and bring it to front page :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point, I wonder how this will spike on 10/31. Interested to see :).

[quote name='Wario64']Maybe you need to make it $15...or $10...yeah, that's it[/QUOTE]

Look at you, bargaining like a pro!

Cheers,
Tony

Yep, the deal still has a shot of making FP if it gets a lot more discussion and thumbs up.

I know that sometimes a deal will surge in interest as people come back to their computing lives after the weekend, are bored at work/school, etc.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']When do your halloween deals start? Or is TWD it?[/QUOTE]

Nope we'll have others, they'll definitely start 10/31, still working on the end date for some of them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']COD is looking like November/December but still no specifics. KOA will be in November.
1C...
[/QUOTE]

KA-LYP-SO, KA-LYP-SO, KA-LYP-SO, KA-LYP-SO :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, thanks Nategator for posting the DS deal on Slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5361084-Dark-Souls-20-Amazon-PCDD-LIVE
Can't believe it hasn't hit the frontpage yet, given how successful it has been for us so far.[/QUOTE]

Gave it the thumbs up.

well, i played a little Dark Souls today (with kb&m) and i'm much better than i thought i was...at dying. holy crap. i'm ordering a 360 controller, right now. $20 seems a good price to support the developers for a game that is this great...at kicking my ass.

[quote name='bubzers']well, i played a little Dark Souls today (with kb&m) and i'm much better than i thought i was...at dying. holy crap. i'm ordering a 360 controller, right now. $20 seems a good price to support the developers for a game that is this great...at kicking my ass.[/QUOTE]

I spent A LOT of time w/ it yesterday - around 7 hours, more or less.

So, far, I've made my way...
...to Taurus Demon & ain't beat him yet.

With DSFix installed, it looks great; got it 1920x1080; runs great at a locked and solid 30 FPS - since I'm playing online and don't want a G4WL/XBL ban.

I found the KB/mouse clunky - plays great w/ my USB-based X360 gamepad. :D

[quote name='MysterD']I spent A LOT of time w/ it yesterday - around 7 hours, more or less.

With DSFix installed, it looks great; got it 1920x1080; runs great at a locked and solid 30 FPS - since I'm playing online and don't want a G4WL/XBL ban.

I found the KB/mouse clunky - plays great w/ my USB-based X360 gamepad. :D[/QUOTE]

i've only logged about an hour in - and had my butt sliced off and served back to me a few times. with dsfix and dsmfix the visuals are great and the mouse isn't horrible, but i'm having a hard time remembering the keymapping (like A-button is Q on keyboard and B-button is Spacebar, i think - i can't remember now). and i can't find LB or RB keymappings, yet.

what class did you decide to go with? i chose knight, because i thought i might need more defense right off. and i was right, but i need a lot more...

[quote name='MysterD']I spent A LOT of time w/ it yesterday - around 7 hours, more or less.

I found the KB/mouse clunky - plays great w/ my USB-based X360 gamepad. :D[/QUOTE]

Do the mods disable GFWL support? Similar to GTA IV?

How is anyone NOT sure about Dark Souls?

I bought it release day for the 360, and then found out about the PC edition and had it preordered ASAP. It's a no brainer at this price really. I've paid full price for it twice without blinking. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.

I've even seen it on sale for the PS3 a few times and thought about picking it up in hopes of being able to remote play it with a Vita and play Dark Souls anywhere.

At 20$, this is a steal.

[quote name='Doomtime']Do the mods disable GFWL support? Similar to GTA IV?[/QUOTE]
No, the DSFix mod doesn't disable G4WL.

I'd guess you'd use some other mod, to disable that!
If you use one of those - use at your own risk!

I didn't use the 60 FPS unlock feature of DSFIX - and I'd recommend you DO NOT use it.
That unlocker actually changes the actual game code - and being online w/ that can & will cause a G4WL/XBL ban.
The DSFix file states that flat-out in the INI file.

If you're going to use that 60 FPS unlocker, I'd guess you'd want to....
make sure your G4WL is set to always offline by default;
and you go for an offline set-up for offline save files & offline profile.

A lot of the fun and help of playing DS: PTD online via G4WL is players give you hints by leaving Message on the ground for you to read (which may or may not be helpful - it often IS, though, from what I've played);
AND that you will see ghosts of how players die if you look at activate their Bloodstains.
ALL of this can help IMMENSELY, while playing this game.

So I got the durante mod to work on dark souls... I also enabled the 60 frames per second thing.... even though they say windows live can ban you. I havent logged in to windows live, but a few questions:

If I log in with the 60 fps tweakmod, will I instantly get banned?
What does that even mean if I get banned from windows live? Will achievements not save on steam if I get banned? I figure I cant play multiplayer... Not that I really care about it, cause I experienced all that last year playing it on the ps3, so I know what its like.

Main thing I am wondering about the achievements, will they not update if I dont have windows live logged in?

60 Fps playing at 1080p is gorgeous.... I really dont wanna lose that :(.... fucking now I am understanding why gfwl gets so much flak. Its incredibly un-userfriendly.

[quote name='MysterD']No, the DSFix mod doesn't disable G4WL.

I'd guess you'd use some other mod, to disable that!
If you use one of those - use at your own risk!

I didn't use the 60 FPS unlock feature of DSFIX - and I'd recommend you DO NOT use it.
That unlocker actually changes the actual game code - and being online w/ that can & will cause a G4WL/XBL ban.
The DSFix file states that flat-out in the INI file.

If you're going to use that 60 FPS unlocker, I'd guess you'd want to....
make sure your G4WL is set to always offline by default;
and you go for an offline set-up for offline save files & offline profile.

A lot of the fun and help of playing DS: PTD online via G4WL is players give you hints by leaving Message on the ground for you to read (which may or may not be helpful - it often IS, though, from what I've played);
AND that you will see ghosts of how players die if you look at activate their Bloodstains.
ALL of this can help IMMENSELY, while playing this game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I can live with the 30 FPS as long as I can use texture mods. Online is a must though!

And yeah, I put a lot of time into the 360 version. Not usually one to double dip, but... it's Dark Souls. :cool:

[quote name='audio vicious']How is anyone NOT sure about Dark Souls?

I bought it release day for the 360, and then found out about the PC edition and had it preordered ASAP. It's a no brainer at this price really. I've paid full price for it twice without blinking. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.

I've even seen it on sale for the PS3 a few times and thought about picking it up in hopes of being able to remote play it with a Vita and play Dark Souls anywhere.

At 20$, this is a steal.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you how...

You are out of a job : /

I have put more hours into my CE 360 edition than any other RPG except maybe Demon's Souls haha. I really would love to get this at $20 but I told myself any new PC games have to be under $15 to fit my budget. I know it is only $5 but if I budge on this then what else will I do?!

Here is to hoping Steam works some magic on it for the Winter Sale at least!

Apparently the chances of getting banned for using 60 FPS patch is very low. I"m not even sure if there's an actual confirmation, but the warning is there I guess as a 'cover your ass' warning

The main problem with the 60 FPS patch is that it makes you fall slightly faster than normal. This causes your jumps to be slightly shorter than usual. DSFIX 1.9 gave you the ability to hotkey a button to temporarily lower the frame-rate back to 30FPS but it still is a pain in some areas.

[quote name='gomikeoh']So I got the durante mod to work on dark souls... I also enabled the 60 frames per second thing.... even though they say windows live can ban you. I havent logged in to windows live, but a few questions:

If I log in with the 60 fps tweakmod, will I instantly get banned?
What does that even mean if I get banned from windows live?[/quote]
I don't know how it works, but if they ban you - you'd be banned from both G4WL and X-Box Live.
Remember - your G4WL and XBL account are TIED TOGETHER (as one Microsoft account).

Will achievements not save on steam if I get banned? I figure I cant play multiplayer... Not that I really care about it, cause I experienced all that last year playing it on the ps3, so I know what its like.
Dark Souls: PTD Edition uses G4WL for Achievements, NOT STEAM.

Main thing I am wondering about the achievements, will they not update if I dont have windows live logged in?
Good question.
I usually keep an ONLINE profile for G4WL games - b/c of this.
Maybe someone else can better answer that? [shrug]

60 Fps playing at 1080p is gorgeous.... I really dont wanna lose that :(.... fucking now I am understanding why gfwl gets so much flak. Its incredibly un-userfriendly.
Well, if you plan to play online - you should stick w/ 30 FPS, or else you are risking a possible G4WL/XBox Live ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back