Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']Put the entire amazon DVG library on sale for 75% off on Black Friday. That should cover everyone's requests.

😃[/QUOTE]

Why not 85% off? ;)

Tony if you happen to be lurking it was just posted on the Steam thread that Serious Sam 3 will be 85% off ($6) for 24 hours at Gamestop starting midnight tonight. I know sometimes you don't match these ninja strike one day deals but... hamsters hoooo!

[quote name='The End']Very nice bundle. Sadly, I already own everything in it but Red Faction Armageddon. So I'll probably pass.

Awesome bundle for most everyone else, though.[/QUOTE]

I only own the Red Faction games. You want to buy Armageddon off of me if I grab the pack?

hm... if we're still tossing ideas for bundles, any chance of a duo of Sonic Generations and Rayman Origins? figure they're both basically the revival game of two old school series that have gone through a rough patch of mediocrity and spinoffs. i already own Sonic Generations (got it for $7.50, a price point that i don't think got revisited ever again yet) so it's not really one for me, but it definitely should sell.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Even better the entire DVG library bundled for 9.99[/QUOTE]

If Tony hasn't gotten Bethesda by then I won't pay a penny over $7.49.

Is LEGO Batman 1 that good? It has better reviews than any game in the LEGO bundle itself. But at the same time I don't wanna buy the bundle and Batman 1

[quote name='MC Kage']Is LEGO Batman 1 that good? It has better reviews than any game in the LEGO bundle itself. But at the same time I don't wanna buy the bundle and Batman 1[/QUOTE]

i have played a few levels of batman 2 and imo it is much better than lego batman 1.

[quote name='gilby']I only own the Red Faction games. You want to buy Armageddon off of me if I grab the pack?[/QUOTE]

That is a distinct possibility.

Do you have the Red Faction Armageddon DLC? Tony didn't mention whether or not that would be included (I suspect not). But if it is included in the pack, I'd want that too.

Assuming that it is just the game, what would the price be?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Put the entire amazon DVG library on sale for 75% off on Black Friday. That should cover everyone's requests.

��[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Why not 85% off? ;)[/QUOTE]
Why not ask him to match Origin's 100% off Fall Harvest Sale?

[quote name='hal']Awesome! Insta-buy.

Also, Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a very underrated action-RPG. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I think I'll go back and play through again with a different character.[/QUOTE]

You should. I played it 2.8 times with all of the characters (I didn't quite make it to the end on the last run, although I now have it for PS3 too, so I might go again). They're quite fun. This is the closest I've come to "platting" a PC game (or a PS3 game for that matter).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
$9.99 for:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

[/QUOTE]

Nice! If you get Steam keys for the last 2, I'll definitely buy this one - even though I already have Metro 2033 and Homefront, and don't really want Space Marine :lol: Guess I'll try to trade/sell those.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

$9.99 for:

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.
[/QUOTE]

In for that when it goes live. Luckily I already have a boxed copy of Stalker SOC, but the rest is golden.

Also, what is the $5 Promo you speak of? I saw you mentioning that MysterD could explain it, but I haven't seen much else said on the subject.

Would someone else care to elaborate?

Last year any purchase you made from Amazon games download during a period from late November to December got you a $5 credit to use starting at a certain period (I believe it was January) -- the credit could be applied to discounted items (but not stacked with each other, i.e., if you had three you couldn't get $15 off a single game).

I love Hearts of Iron and Victoria bundle! Is there a bundle that will help me lose weight as fast as my wallet will in the next few weeks?

Also what was the word on Xcom and Max Payne 3? I saw those mentioned but didn't see any specific details. Max Payne 3 is going to be under $10 at KMart and under $20 at Walmart! How dare console sales be better than ours?

This is one of the few times I'd actually prefer to buy something from Amazon, as I really don't like supporting Gamestop. Most of the time I don't worry about PM'ing, but yeah....let's see what you can do about this Serious Sam sale!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also,

We got the $5 coupon promo approved again :). It'll start around Black Friday. For those of you who don't remember it, MysterD loved it and can probably describe it for you.

Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

• [FONT=&quot]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur II[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i'll buy that, tho the only game i really wanted was the hearts of iron. if this is $7.50 with a $5 off coupon on future purchases, that is very very hot.

[quote name='nixtreme']Hello Tony,

are you planning Max Payne 3 + LA Noire: Complete promo again before Christmas ?

Thx,

Jiri[/QUOTE]

Please?

Can we have a Mafia 1 (on Steam) deal this Black Friday too? Will be the only chance for us who missed to grab it from Steam directly, as it has been sadly removed recently.

Tony, with the reveals of Black Friday deals in this thread, could you make a subsection of the OP with a listing of all the upcoming deals you have discussed.

In the holiday season deals start dropping so fast it is nice to have a quick reference list of deals that are known upcoming.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Tony, with the reveals of Black Friday deals in this thread, could you make a subsection of the OP with a listing of all the upcoming deals you have discussed.

In the holiday season deals start dropping so fast it is nice to have a quick reference list of deals that are known upcoming.[/QUOTE]

+1

It is in the interest of all to get all of the good deals to as many people as possible, is it not? :bouncy:

Wait? Amazon is pushing the whole 5 dollar promo again this year? holy... i remember getting a bunch of those on the holidays, heck i even remember that i bought Lara Croft and CoL for $2.5, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for $2 and the Magicka Collection for $4 and it gave me a 5$ credit code for each one.

And the sale on January was madness! DS2 and Bulletstorm for free, Alice for 2.5, the DA pack for 6.99...

[quote name='jrodri86']Wait? Amazon is pushing the whole 5 dollar promo again this year? holy... i remember getting a bunch of those on the holidays, heck i even remember that i bought Lara Croft and CoL for $2.5, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for $2 and the Magicka Collection for $4 and it gave me a 5$ credit code for each one.

And the sale on January was madness! DS2 and Bulletstorm for free, Alice for 2.5, the DA pack for 6.99...[/QUOTE]

Of the 3 main types of sales I can remember of Amazon ($5, buy one get one free - i think around may was it?, and the recent big bundles) my favorite has got to be the $5 ones and the one I spent the most money.

really looking forward to it again this year given amazon's recent push for steam keys - combine that with dirt cheap prices - milk money be damned, we need more hamsters!

Tony, wonder if you could share with the forum which sale strategy has done the best for you guys.

can't wait...

[quote name='jrodri86']Wait? Amazon is pushing the whole 5 dollar promo again this year? holy... i remember getting a bunch of those on the holidays, heck i even remember that i bought Lara Croft and CoL for $2.5, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for $2 and the Magicka Collection for $4 and it gave me a 5$ credit code for each one.

And the sale on January was madness! DS2 and Bulletstorm for free, Alice for 2.5, the DA pack for 6.99...[/QUOTE]

Are they really doing this again this year? It was a lot of fun last year; complete chaos!

I hope they're doing it again this year :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.
[/QUOTE]
Hurry up with that bundle because THQ will be out of business soon, and those games' IP will be sold to the highest bidder so future bundles won't likely be possible.

I'd like to see some Space Marine and Homefront DLC bundles too since those games have lots of DLC.

[quote name='aronater']Tony, love what you did with that bioshock pack a few weeks ago; you had 2 versions, steam and non-steam. Do you think you could continue doing this in future bundles for games that do not absolutely require steam? I know we may be in the minority here but some of us actually enjoy owning a game we've purchased. Steam = extra DRM. It's as simple as that. Also does the fact that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is bundled with Metro, Red Faction, etc. mean that were not going to see a stalker bundle of just the 3 stalker games?[/QUOTE]
I'm all for non-Steam too, but four of those six THQ games require Steam and use its CEG protection specifically so you can't play the games without going online and renewing each game's DRM-protected binaries at least once every 30 days.

[quote name='FU_2']Hurry up with that bundle because THQ will be out of business soon, and those games' IP will be sold to the highest bidder so future bundles won't likely be possible.

I'd like to see some Space Marine and Homefront DLC bundles too since those games have lots of DLC.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Yeah, things are not looking good for THQ. It freaking kills me as they are probably my fav publisher for the PC. I own all but like 4 games of theirs on Steam and am really looking forward to their upcoming games (South Park, CoH 2, Metro LL)

[quote name='tjs09']Seriously?[/QUOTE]
When other game publishers like Midway and 3DO went out of business, that is exactly what happened since no other publisher was willing to buy them out. There were auctions for the IP of the games. For example that's how Ubisoft ended up with the Driver series. THQ has too much debt to warrant a merger or buyout. The other game publishers will just wait until the company goes bankrupt and buy any of the games that they want.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Retail and STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Third-Party Retail have been added into steam registry as their first time, so just like Tony said, we will get the steam key for STALKER: SOC most likely :D

Tony - Last month, didn't you mention something about a Mass Effect 3 deal coming up in November? Did I miss a mention of it or simply make that up?

There's a lot of begging in this thread.

Maybe if there wasn't as much begging there wouldn't so many "Tony did you say this?" posts from people who don't use the search function.

[quote name='pinkgun']STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Retail and STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Third-Party Retail have been added into steam registry as their first time, so just like Tony said, we will get the steam key for STALKER: SOC most likely :D[/QUOTE]
Actually what that means is that retail keys will be accepted on Steam for Stalker so Amazon doesn't need to get special Steam keys.

Same here. I still remember Alice and how good game it was for just $2.49

I have a problem with my Amazon account (sent a PM to you Tony and hope you saw it) and I really hope it is fixed soon :cry:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed responses, I've had my head down prepping for Black Friday.

More info to come soon. On ME3, right now, for Black Friday, we're planning on a discount on the Trilogy but not any individual ME titles by themselves.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='FU_2']When other game publishers like Midway and 3DO went out of business, that is exactly what happened since no other publisher was willing to buy them out. There were auctions for the IP of the games. For example that's how Ubisoft ended up with the Driver series. THQ has too much debt to warrant a merger or buyout. The other game publishers will just wait until the company goes bankrupt and buy any of the games that they want.[/QUOTE]

If THQ goes under, I hope the Saint's Row series ends up in good hands. I couldn't bear to watch some other publisher screw it up.

If THQ goes under, there are really only 2 publishers I'd like to see get their IP's. Squareenix and Warner Brothers. Both have been treating the PC well and have been putting out solid titles on it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']If THQ goes under, there are really only 2 publishers I'd like to see get their IP's. Squareenix and Warner Brothers. Both have been treating the PC well and have been putting out solid titles on it.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this. WB is pretty bad at patching bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back