Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I just did some research on Prototype 2, seems to be a horrible port that either doesn't work, has horrible performance on good PCs, or just plain works for some people. Sounds way too risky for me, going to pass. This'd be a good deal if you can get it to work smoothly though.[/QUOTE]

I got the pre-order of P2 before launch on Steam (lost $50 for it :cry:), played 2 hours according to Steam and it is actually pretty good. Never encountered a single issue even with the extreme settings I use with games

2012110900001.jpg

2012110900002.jpg

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Does anyone want the Square bundle for $10.80 paypal? Just looking to get back what I paid for it, decided I don't need the games and want to add to my BF war chest.[/QUOTE]

If this is still available, I'll take it off your hands. Tried to PM you, but your box is full.

I've just read that GTA Vice City was removed from Steam. Went to Amazon and it is gone too !

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-A...UTF8&qid=1352465464&sr=1-1&keywords=vice+city

Checked GTA Complete Pack that I bought from Steam store during summer sale in my inventory and they removed VC from there too :whistle2:#

Can they really do that ?! This is utterly "Grand Theft" !

Few weeks ago I bought a game for a guy to trade for his Painkiller H&D Collector's Edition. It has "Collector's Edition" written all over it. Added it to library and it also showed as CE. Some people were talking about a mix-up with Steam where 4-pack gifts were mistakenly labelled so I contacted support and was assured the game I activated is CE and NOT from 4-packs, then few days later the name changed into "Standard" !

Contacted support again and they said there is nothing they can do, so I asked for a refund for the game I bought for the trade and that they remove the Standard Edition from my library. The removed it and refunded me but.... in the same day a guy contacted me saying that I refunded a game in his library (he was the last one in the trading chain) and asked why I did that. I was extremely embarrased but I showed him the forum thread I made there and screenshots from my ticket with support and advised him to contact them.

So basically Steam took back 2 games and refunded one !

And now they screw games in inventories too ?! this is outrageous

I am positive that Steam breaks too many lows to count and yet they are getting away with it

Can you shed some light on GTA Vice City issue Tony ? please

You're on my friends list (from a trade we did over the summer) so I decided to take a peek at your inventory to see if by some chance, you might have been mistaken. But I'll be dammed, you were right. Vice City is no longer listed as one of the games featured in the GTA Complete pack. That is really strange. I still have Vice City in my Library, so they haven't gone and removed it from there as well. It's just been removed from the copy in your inventory.

Can I ask, what country do you live in? Your steam avatar suggests Egypt, but you could also be an Egyptian living in Germany (or some other place where games get banned or censored).

EDIT: On second thought, it really doesn't matter if you live in Germany or wherever. If you bought a game pack while the game was still included, they have no right to remove it.

SECOND EDIT: Might it be possible that the game is still included in the pack, but it's no longer listed in the description because there is no store page to link to? Take a look at the saints row the third franchise pack. They no longer list all the content in that pack, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. If you activate it, you should get all the DLC that had been included when the SR Pack was sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you not post full size hscroll breaking images every page please? Not all of us stretch our browsers across multiple monitors because it defeats the purpose of having that extra screen space.

Also, if anyone is still looking for a Prototype bundle, PM me and I'll gladly pick up a couple extras this evening.

[quote name='The End']You're on my friends list (from a trade we did over the summer) so I decided to take a peek at your inventory to see if by some chance, you might have been mistaken. But I'll be dammed, you were right. Vice City is no longer listed as one of the games featured in the GTA Complete pack. That is really strange. I still have Vice City in my Library, so they haven't gone and removed it from there as well. It's just been removed from the copy in your inventory.

Can I ask, what country do you live in? Your steam avatar suggests Egypt, but you could also be an Egyptian living in Germany (or some other place where games get banned or censored).

EDIT: On second thought, it really doesn't matter if you live in Germany or wherever. If you bought a game pack while the game was still included, they have no right to remove it.

SECOND EDIT: Might it be possible that the game is still included in the pack, but it's no longer listed in the description because there is no store page to link to? Take a look at the saints row the third franchise pack. They no longer list all the content in that pack, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. If you activate it, you should get all the DLC that had been included when the SR Pack was sold.[/QUOTE]

I live between Egypt and the US but Vice City was always available for me and the pack was purchased from my store. It is gone in all inventories, not just mine

The second edit seems legit and that is what I read on Steam forums. I actually have another Complete Pack on Gamersgate (Non-Steam) and it is still there with download link and unused serial. I will activate the pack on Steam and see, if I didn't get Vice City I will contact support

[quote name='Genocidal']Could you not post full size hscroll breaking images every page please? Not all of us stretch our browsers across multiple monitors because it defeats the purpose of having that extra screen space. [/QUOTE]

I am really sorry about that. I thought there is an auto-resize/downsize because this is how it is displayed for me :

31057208.jpg

I'll probably get flamed but here goes...

What is this 2 hour deal for P1 and P2? What show is promoting this deal?

Thanks for the help. Went back about 3 or 4 pages and didn't find anything.

[quote name='miqspot']I'll probably get flamed but here goes...

Thanks for the help. Went back about 3 or 4 pages and didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

Prototype + Prototype 2 will be on sale for a couple of hours during Gamespot black friday show, price is yet unknown but Tony said it would be less than $10

[quote name='r9800pro']I've just read that GTA Vice City was removed from Steam.[/QUOTE]

I think it may have something to do with a new mobile version & the 10th anniversary of
the release of GTA. Pretty certain it'll come back - I just checked my Steam account and
I seem to have two copies of GTA:VC & GTA:SA...

[quote name='miqspot']I'll probably get flamed but here goes...

Thanks for the help. Went back about 3 or 4 pages and didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

Nah, we wont flame you for that. we'll flame you for being from New Jersey. :p

As for your questions, the deal will be for Prototype 1 & Prototype 2+DLC. The price hasn't been revealed yet, but it's below $9.99. This will be the deal of the week next week, but for a 2 hour window tonight, we'll be getting a preview of next week's deal with the additional discount. I'm guessing it will be about $8.99.

This deal will be announced during a webcast here tonight. It'll be a home shopping network kind of setup, except it will be for video games. At some point during the broadcast, they will announce the package and the price as well as providing us with a link to the store page on Amazon that we need to go to to buy it.

EDIT: Damn, I'm a slow typer. was already posted several minutes ago by a couple of other CAGs.

[quote name='The End']EDIT: Damn, I'm a slow typer. was already posted several minutes ago by a couple of other CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Can we get a digital deal on Mavis Beacon? I know at least a few CAGs would be interested. ;)

[quote name='Genocidal']Tony,

Can we get a digital deal on Mavis Beacon? I know at least a few CAGs would be interested. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol

Well it didn't help that I turned it into a mini-novel. LazyTriangle's post was perfectly sufficient and he summed it up in one sentence.

[quote name='The End']Nah, we wont flame you for that. we'll flame you for being from New Jersey. :p

As for your questions, the deal will be for Prototype 1 & Prototype 2+DLC. The price hasn't been revealed yet, but it's below $9.99. This will be the deal of the week next week, but for a 2 hour window tonight, we'll be getting a preview of next week's deal with the additional discount. I'm guessing it will be about $8.99.

This deal will be announced during a webcast here tonight. It'll be a home shopping network kind of setup, except it will be for video games. At some point during the broadcast, they will announce the package and the price as well as providing us with a link to the store page on Amazon that we need to go to to buy it.

EDIT: Damn, I'm a slow typer. was already posted several minutes ago by a couple of other CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it. Also, feel free to flame me for being in New Jersey. I live here but I'm NOT FROM here! Flame away!

[quote name='lajnomitre']Any chance of Football Manager 2013 going on sale in the near future ?[/QUOTE]
I hope it's not getting a better sale than the $26 preorder price any time soon, personally. That's already rather low for a several hundred hours game.

You guys are worse than kids at Christmas!

"is game-x going to be on sale?"
"ooh, will game-y be cheap?"

And then Tony says, yes they will be on sale! So you all start to speculate with prices...

"This will be $5" or "This will be $10" and then if the game is NOT that price, you are all sad and if it IS that price, you expected it anyway....

And on top of that, when the cheap prices do hit, you are all "man, we already knew about those prices, are there any MORE prices we did not know about?"

Honesty... worse than kids before Christmas....

Oh yeah, and get off my damn lawn you CAGers!!!

Tony, could you share what the view numbers are for the gamespot black friday show after todays? Was just curious. I see the views on the webpage as well, but wasn't sure if that included live watchers...

Here are the hints btw:
Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.

[quote name='seamoss']I think it may have something to do with a new mobile version & the 10th anniversary of
the release of GTA. Pretty certain it'll come back - I just checked my Steam account and
I seem to have two copies of GTA:VC & GTA:SA...[/QUOTE]

you have two copies because one of them is for mac.

[quote name='yangwenli']Tony, could you share what the view numbers are for the gamespot black friday show after todays? Was just curious. I see the views on the webpage as well, but wasn't sure if that included live watchers...

Here are the hints btw:
Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.[/QUOTE]

Deal #1: Vessel
Deal #2: CoD: Black Ops
Deal #3: Prototype Bundle

It's possible we could see all three deals have a DVG version available this week!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I just did some research on Prototype 2, seems to be a horrible port that either doesn't work, has horrible performance on good PCs, or just plain works for some people. Sounds way too risky for me, going to pass. This'd be a good deal if you can get it to work smoothly though.[/QUOTE]

checked the forums after reading your post and i will be passing on the deal as well even if there was an option to buy the second one indiviually unless there is an official fix which is unlikely since this game has been out for quite awhile now.

[quote name='r9800pro']
Contacted support again and they said there is nothing they can do, so I asked for a refund for the game I bought for the trade and that they remove the Standard Edition from my library. The removed it and refunded me but.... in the same day a guy contacted me saying that I refunded a game in his library (he was the last one in the trading chain) and asked why I did that. I was extremely embarrased but I showed him the forum thread I made there and screenshots from my ticket with support and advised him to contact them.[/QUOTE]

You asked them to refund the game you bought for the trade. They did. When they did so, that game was no longer paid for, so it was removed from Steam from whoever had it. They aren't going to let someone get a refund and keep the game.

Take your beef up with guy who traded a game that wasn't as described. Or make sure to report him to steam as a bad trader.

As to VC, from what I've heard complete packs still include it. The lack of a store page just means it isn't listed in the inventory description.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Will both Prototype games activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']Yep. Confirmed last night by Tony a page or two back.[/QUOTE]

pumped.jpg

Make sure you pay attention to which prototype page you are on. we have all konds of labels for which one is all steam and which one is mixed. I know folks had some trouble last tume we offered steam and non steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='The End']A couple of questions about the upcoming THQ bundle.

Will the DLC for Red Faction Armageddon be included?

Will this bundle be part of the $5 promo code thing that will be returning this year? That is, will we get a $5 code with this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Bump.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Make sure you pay attention to which prototype page you are on. we have all konds of labels for which one is all steam and which one is mixed. I know folks had some trouble last tume we offered steam and non steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up, Tony. Looking forward to the show later today!

[quote name='The End']Bump.[/QUOTE]

The DLC won't be included, and the THQ bundle is going to be part of the Gamespot show first (next week) and then, if it performs well, part of the Deal of the Week shortly thereafter.

Full transparency time, sometimes, getting these bundles approved requires a leap of faith on the other side of the fence. In order to make this leap less scary I've been pitching the 2 hour deal as a way to see how customers respond before committing to a full 24,48,72 hour deal or deal of the week.

I've got a couple stupid awesome deals lined up to test this way. The ones that do well will get repeats and likely more cool bundles from the publishers involved, the ones that don't do awesome will fade away...like dust in the wind :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='yangwenli']Are people having trouble with the Steam version of prototype or the non-steam?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by having a problem?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Nabs']Hey Tony, any chance we get our Black Ops II keys before 12a PST so we can pre-load it?[/QUOTE]

We're working on getting this put together now. Our pre-load will likely be later than that but we're working on getting it done today.

We just found out about it ourselves so it takes some time to get the wheels turning on fulfillment.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I'll thumbs up that son of a bitch, don't you worry pretty little head off.[/QUOTE]

Someone get this man a high five!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're working on getting this put together now. Our pre-load will likely be later than that but we're working on getting it done today.

We just found out about it ourselves so it takes some time to get the wheels turning on fulfillment.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What do you mean by having a problem?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Maybe it wasn't for this game, but some posts were saying people were passing on a deal since there were bad reviews?

If this hits SD front page, could it sell out at the even lower discounted price?

[quote name='yangwenli']Maybe it wasn't for this game, but some posts were saying people were passing on a deal since there were bad reviews?
[/QUOTE]
I said that, I got the info from the official Steam forums. Lots of complaints there, and no fixes because the studio went under. It works for some people but it sounds like a gamble that I'm personally not willing to risk.

Sorry if I'm being a party pooper, I just thought I would give a heads up that I saw this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=609

[quote name='yangwenli']Maybe it wasn't for this game, but some posts were saying people were passing on a deal since there were bad reviews?

If this hits SD front page, could it sell out at the even lower discounted price?[/QUOTE]

I ordered enough keys so that, if we sell out, I'm getting promoted.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I ordered enough keys so that, if we sell out, I'm getting promoted.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you get promoted can I be your assistant then? I freaking hate FL!

[quote name='KaOTiK']If you get promoted can I be your assistant then? I freaking hate FL![/QUOTE]

Lol I love that your primary selling point is that you also hate the state of Florida.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If Xanchui is around here's links for that Slickdeals post:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A418B7Y - All Steam

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2T1QUW - Mixed DRM

http://slickdeals.net/f/5407824-Upc...uring-Amazon-Gamespot-black-Friday-event-11-9

How does this deal have only 2 thumbs up? Hopefully it is as super awesome as I thought it would be :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I thumbed it so far up that it ended up in non-polite orifice, I may even get banned from Amazon for this transgression.

Everything I did, I did for Love. (Ethan Mars)

Thanks Tony

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Aww, I live in Florida :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']You live in South Florida, which is awesome!!
Go Dexter! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I grew up about an hour south of Tampa, went to school in Tampa, and have a ton of family in Miami. I have a love hate relationship with the state :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I said that, I got the info from the official Steam forums. Lots of complaints there, and no fixes because the studio went under. It works for some people but it sounds like a gamble that I'm personally not willing to risk.

Sorry if I'm being a party pooper, I just thought I would give a heads up that I saw this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=609[/QUOTE]

I'm torn, I would normally buy this on PC especially at a great bundle price, but it sounds like Prototype 2 just runs terrible even on a good machine so maybe I should just wait to pick up the 360 version. The deal is so good I'm contemplating picking it up anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back