Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SelmaBlair']Dat flawed logic.[/QUOTE]

Apparently I have flawed logic as well ... or maybe it's just CAG logic. If its been cheaper ...

[quote name='hollowfreak']Apparently I have flawed logic as well ... or maybe it's just CAG logic. If its been cheaper ...[/QUOTE]

Hey if you're cool with passing up $60 worth of games for $10 just to save 2 dollars be my guest, I got my bundle so I'm good. I'm unemployed and have $100 to my name and I'm not that cheap.

[quote name='60fps']So any word on the deal of the week starting Sunday? Did I miss it a few posts back?[/QUOTE]

@60FPS

It looks like Prototype Pack (Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC) will be $10.
{SIDE NOTE: This was a limited time deal yesterday for a few hours for $7.49 - that began during the GameSpot-Amazon Joint Venture Deal Show that happens every Friday at 2PM PST...
...It usually it lasts for a Limited Time (few hours, if that).}

I don't know if there'll be any more sales starting tomorrow - we'll see, I guess...
...Or maybe Tony will drop us some more info!

@TONY
So, what-else for sales actually begins tomorrow?
And what kind of Limited Time Hotness can make us drool for this upcoming Friday's GameSpot-Amazon Joint Venture Deal Show...? ;)

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I'm unemployed and have $100 to my name .[/QUOTE]

You have the gall to call someone out for flawed logic, and then post that?

I don't think the flash deals are ever updated in the title due to their limited time frame window and limited supply (not really that limited or hard to get IMO).

I think if anyone wants to wait till $7.49 again, just wait till the MSRP drops, but I don't think they'll go to that price for the rest of this year.

All our backlogs are big so no biggie like you say and Steam sale is coming, but at 92% off "current" prices, it probably wouldn't be too hard to unload at cost so I picked up 1 too.

There are probably people willing to sell it for 7.49 since a few people bought extras to help out others here.

I hope there's another week sale for folks who did pick this up already.

[quote name='bubzers']i want xcom...don't really care if it goes on sale or not...i just want it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The blackest of Fridays.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Quick question, will it be cheaper than $30?
GMG selling it for $32.50 right now. Should i get it or wait ??

Thanks.

[quote name='dfg']You have the gall to call someone out for flawed logic, and then post that?[/QUOTE]

Both sides are flawed.

No reason to pass up a deal because your ass missed a black friday event. People acted like they have to be here 24/7 to get the deal when Tony let us know almost a week in advanced AND this is the 3rd time the show has happened. You get a two hour window, same as the last two times.

It is annoying that people can be such babies over two bucks when they are still saving well over 70%.

That said... anyone unemployed with little to no money to their name should be focusing their money to either get a job or survive longer rather than blow it on games... BUT!

To each his own.

Im hoping that deal with Red Faction and Homefront is Sunday! Can't wait!

A "true" CAG would hunt down deals like this and would definitely get it for the cheapest price ever
If he missed it for 92% Off, he can still get it for 90% Off and it would still be an awesome deal and he/she should not complain given the fact that the 92% Off deal ran for a very short period of time and it was announced days before, so missing it was his own fault

It is the nature of flash sales

[quote name='dfg']You have the gall to call someone out for flawed logic, and then post that?[/QUOTE]

Sure do, you don't know my situation so why act like you do?

[quote name='dmjohn0x']
Im hoping that deal with Red Faction and Homefront is Sunday! Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Tony said that this will be featured on next week's Black Friday event. It will return for a longer period after that, but I'm not sure if a day and duration of the sale has been set yet.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Has Tony mentioned anything about a possible Black Friday sale for PCDD? Crossing my fingers for NFS:MW.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that I can recall him confirming for Black Friday was the pack with the Hearts Of Iron.

EDIT: When I say Black Friday on the Hearts of Iron pack, I'm referring to the real Black Friday. Not the gamestop/Amzon twitchTV promos.

I'm hoping that Tony can implement a system where I can just read his mind and buy a game directly through telekinesis, thereby eliminating coming to the website in the first place.

Here's an idea, Amazon can implement a push app where when a hot deal shows up, it'll just send you a note to buy? (Yes/No)

Of better yet, just sign you up to buy ALL deals over a certain percentage discount. Like Subscribe and Save, but for games. :p If you already own it, you can cancel anytime within a week as long as you don't click on the Reveal Code button.

[quote name='mtommy79']Hi Tony,

Quick question, will it be cheaper than $30?
GMG selling it for $32.50 right now. Should i get it or wait ??

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy the shit out Xcom for $32.50, but I'd rather use my Amazon credit.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Someone also made an entire thread JUST for this deal so I don't know how you missed that too.[/QUOTE]

Because I have a job. Can't babysit these flash deals.

[quote name='billymagnum']Because I have a job. Can't babysit these flash deals.[/QUOTE]

They are every Friday from 2:00 PM PT to 4:00 PM.

If anyone really wants it they could ask someone to buy it for them or make arrangements with a CAG, etc.

Just saying, for a flash deal we are given a ton more information than we could hope for.

If you have more important things to do, that's understandable, but complaining about it is pretty pointless when you could have found a way to get it if you really wanted it.

[quote name='billymagnum']Because I have a job. Can't babysit these flash deals.[/QUOTE]

Do you use Twitter? I tweeted these deals yesterday on @videogamedeals

Complaining again about the flash deals? Jeezz... Tony let us know about it almost a week before, the show always runs at the same time, this deals get posted on twitter and reddit and a bunch of CAGs offered to buy the games for those who weren't able to make it on time. What else do you want? I'm guessing the telekenesis system...

I have a job too.....and a girl friend....and a social life....and i bought it

[quote name='drabelincoln']i have a job too.....and a girl friend....and a social life....and i bought it[/quote]

Unpossible!!!

you all take shit way too seriously my god :lol:

i forget that non of you actually know me so i guess its easy to miss my sarcasm unless i spell it out for you. i dont need a comparison of how busy or not busy your lives are so chill.:)

and lets be honest, you dont have a girlfriend. :booty:

j/k

[quote name='billymagnum']you all take shit way too seriously my god :lol:

i forget that non of you actually know me so i guess its easy to miss my sarcasm unless i spell it out for you. i dont need a comparison of how busy or not busy your lives are so chill.:)

and lets be honest, you dont have a girlfriend. :booty:

j/k[/QUOTE]

I was joking around too....I do have a girl friend but no social life...at least not since having a girl friend

funny how that works

and now she's preggo...so ill be babysitting this site and a baby....and ill have a negative social life

First, thanks Tony for your excellent sales and commitment with this forum. Im anxious with Black Friday sale, could you give as a preview?

Also, please dont get mad with my following words....

I'm sorry to say this here but now I understand why this game (Prototype 2) was on sale. I dont know if anyone played it yet but its such a bad port I cant stand playing.

First my specs: Intel Core i7 3770 at 4.1ghz / 2x4GB DDR3 1866 DualChannel / SSD / Ati Radeon 6850 1GB

Problems:
*The amount of stuttering this game has is unberable. I simply cant play this anymore. Tried lots of tweaks, searched on many forums, still terrible stuttering. And I have MANY games (Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Rage, Batman AC) working excellent.
*Absolutely impossible to play the damn game with mouse/kb. Mouse acceleration scales with fps. Incredible.
*Hideous textures. Terrible.
*Stupid graphic options that do not modify fps on low or high. Always same performace.

Total Biscuit affirms my findings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KJ5l4L_3RxY

I have Prototype 1 for sale at $2.5 (already played the hell out of it on the 360), if anyone wants it...

Haven't played Prototype 2 yet but I haven't had any issues with Prototype 1.

Specs : i5 3570K at 3.4 Ghz / 16 GB DDR3 1600 ram/ SLI'd GTX 560 Ti 448 Classifieds

Pfft, if you really wanted a deal then you'd have no problem putting in the work necessary to get the deal.

You can't write it off and reserve the right to bitch about it afterwards..

[quote name='tjs09']Pfft, if you really wanted a deal then you'd have no problem putting in the work necessary to get the deal.

You can't write it off and reserve the right to bitch about it afterwards..[/QUOTE]

I dont bitch about the deal, in fact it was superb. Im really greatful to Tony for his presence here and I have bought tons of games from Amazon, just posted my experience to let anyone who cares about Prototype 2 that its not a good port. Tony has nothing to do with Prototype 2...

[quote name='ochentay4']I dont bitch about the deal, in fact it was superb. Im really greatful to Tony for his presence here and I have bought tons of games from Amazon, just posted my experience to let anyone who cares about Prototype 2 that its not a good port. Tony has nothing to do with Prototype 2...[/QUOTE]

He really really really wasn't referring to you at all. He's talking about the people who can't get the deals because of their other obligations such as work and so forth which I'm sorry to say is their problem.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']He really really really wasn't referring to you at all. He's talking about the people who can't get the deals because of their other obligations such as work and so forth which I'm sorry to say is their problem.[/QUOTE]

then maybe he should stop bitching about people bitching:lol:

[quote name='ochentay4']I dont bitch about the deal, in fact it was superb. Im really greatful to Tony for his presence here and I have bought tons of games from Amazon, just posted my experience to let anyone who cares about Prototype 2 that its not a good port. Tony has nothing to do with Prototype 2...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, mate, wasn't referring to you at all. :)

That was actually about the few who are complaining because they missed the deal. :roll:

@Ochentay4, I totally agree with you. Prototype 2 is an awful port.

Have you tried going into catalyst center and setting something something que to 1? I have Nvidia and its called maximum pre-rendered frames. I haven't had ATI in a while but remember it being called something something que.

Can we please get back to salivating over the next sale? All this bickering is unplesant and can simply be summed up as:
  1. Tony brings us great deals.
  2. Tony gives us advance notice on upcoming deals.
  3. The scheduled 2-hour sale is problematic for many CAGs due to: work, school, parole hearing, etc.
Those who missed a great deal and didn't take advance countermeasures, such as asking someone to pick up a copy for you or smuggling a contraband iPhone into your prison cell, are going to be unhappy. Being mean to them is like poking a caged animal with a stick.

[quote name='asheskitty']Can we please get back to salivating over the next sale? All this bickering is unplesant and can simply be summed up as:
  3. The scheduled 2-hour sale is problematic for many CAGs due to: work, school, parole hearing, etc.
Those who missed a great deal and didn't take advance countermeasures, such as asking someone to pick up a copy for you or smuggling a contraband iPhone into your prison cell, are going to be unhappy. Being mean to them is like poking a caged animal with a stick.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the deal is coming back tomorrow at $10.
If you were busy before, now disappointed of the higher price point and going to wait it out for the the price to reach $7.50, then that's fine with me. But it shows Prototype is not a game your wanting to readily play in the first place. If your just wanting to add it to your backlog, then what's the problem?

Tony is doing a great job with these deals, and any regular followers in this thread knows the Amazon/GameStop promo deals are something Tony cannot divulge a lot of info ahead of time. Why? Because GameStop wants you to watch the LIVE unveiling on their Video STREAM.

So yes, enough with the bickering. Lets get back to talking about next weeks "Deal of the Week" which happens to be Prototype :whistle2:\"

[quote name='asheskitty']Can we please get back to salivating over the next sale? All this bickering is unplesant and can simply be summed up as:
Those who missed a great deal and didn't take advance countermeasures, such as asking someone to pick up a copy for you or smuggling a contraband iPhone into your prison cell, are going to be unhappy. Being mean to them is like poking a caged animal with a stick.[/QUOTE]

^This. I've missed out on great deals before and I don't get all sourpuss about it. That's life. Besides, this Prototype deal was a prelude to longer deals anyway.

As for Prototype 2, I got it to run just fine on my gaming laptop. For what it's worth:

• i5-450M Processor
  • 1GB ATI Radeon HD5850
  • 4GB RAM

Playing this with a mouse and keyboard doesn't seem optimal (to me). I'm going to play it with my Xbox 360 controller later. Textures seemed fine (even great) to me and the framerate seemed steady on my system. YMMV, of course.

Good luck!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^This. I've missed out on great deals before and I don't get all sourpuss about it. That's life. Besides, this Prototype deal was a prelude to longer deals anyway.

As for Prototype 2, I got it to run just fine on my gaming laptop. For what it's worth:

• i5-450M Processor
  • 1GB ATI Radeon HD5850
  • 4GB RAM

Playing this with a mouse and keyboard doesn't seem optimal (to me). I'm going to play it with my Xbox 360 controller later. Textures seemed fine (even great) to me and the framerate seemed steady on my system. YMMV, of course.

Good luck![/QUOTE]
Same here, not getting any problems really with prototype 2. Only thing that bothers me is the frame rate sometimes drops. Lowest I've seen it go is about 45 fps in some places. Usually it stays in the high 60's low 70's. With everything turned up in in the video settings.

My specs: Everything running stock.

• i7-2600k
  • Galaxy GTX 580
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM 1600
  • Res 1920x1080
Really good price on the bundle, having a blast kicking back with a controller on the couch.

Totally awesome deal, and it's just another one in the series of great deals Amazon delivers, lol. Already about a whole year long, if I remember well the first good deals I saw there last December. I could understand people who missed it and regret it, but as I understand similar deal will be on tomorrow - so whoever missed it can compensate!

One thing for sure, Tony has been of a great help for the whole community and sincerely, have you seen other people being so ready to answer all the various pledges from random members for random things? And being so persistent in that?

So in short - one big THANKS, I hope the Amazon digital game sales are going very well and the whole idea is here to stay for long! :)

I bought the deal on my iPhone while at Sam's Club getting dog food with my gf. Shame the mobile site won't allow you to purchase game downloads and you have to switch to the full site to purchase.

Anyhow I have a Prototype steam key for 2.50 if anyone missed out and wants it

[quote name='jrodri86']Complaining again about the flash deals? Jeezz... Tony let us know about it almost a week before, the show always runs at the same time, this deals get posted on twitter and reddit and a bunch of CAGs offered to buy the games for those who weren't able to make it on time. What else do you want? I'm guessing the telekenesis system...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I have a job too.....and a girl friend....and a social life....and i bought it[/QUOTE]

You mean the girlfriend part, right?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I was joking around too....I do have a girl friend but no social life...at least not since having a girl friend

funny how that works

and now she's preggo...so ill be babysitting this site and a baby....and ill have a negative social life[/QUOTE]
Good luck with the baby. Every since mine came along (2.5 yrs ago) I haven't even turned on the 360, and my PC backlog continues to grow. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I understand those who missed the 7.50 price spot, and question why the show is on at 2PM PST, instead of 5PM PST (then most of the US would be off work by traditional work hours). I am sure there is a method to the madness. Still, we have seen prices drop so precipitously that I always look at missing a deal as a silver lining. It will be cheaper soon enough. :)

For me, Borderlands 2 and XCom are the only games that I am really eager to play (ahead of stuff on my backlog), so I just have to resist temptation until those get cheap.

[quote name='ochentay4']First, thanks Tony for your excellent sales and commitment with this forum. Im anxious with Black Friday sale, could you give as a preview?

Also, please dont get mad with my following words....

I'm sorry to say this here but now I understand why this game (Prototype 2) was on sale. I dont know if anyone played it yet but its such a bad port I cant stand playing.

First my specs: Intel Core i7 3770 at 4.1ghz / 2x4GB DDR3 1866 DualChannel / SSD / Ati Radeon 6850 1GB

Problems:
*The amount of stuttering this game has is unberable. I simply cant play this anymore. Tried lots of tweaks, searched on many forums, still terrible stuttering. And I have MANY games (Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Rage, Batman AC) working excellent.
*Absolutely impossible to play the damn game with mouse/kb. Mouse acceleration scales with fps. Incredible.
*Hideous textures. Terrible.
*Stupid graphic options that do not modify fps on low or high. Always same performace.

Total Biscuit affirms my findings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KJ5l4L_3RxY

I have Prototype 1 for sale at $2.5 (already played the hell out of it on the 360), if anyone wants it...[/QUOTE]

Lazy and basic PC ports are one of millions of reasons I refuse to drop $40-60 on a brand new game anymore.

IMHO, RAGE wasn't a very good PC port, either. While the game itself was quite good, it has plenty of issues out-the-box - and still does, for that matter. Namely - performance issues galore, texture-pops galore, and terrible texture quality are the game's biggest problems. Then, the minor issues - the game really doesn't have much of an ending; and that many of the side quests recycle the same areas you been through on main missions.

I have no problem w/ games locked at 30 FPS, as long as they NEVER dip much above or below it. Consistency is key, if they're doing the 30 FPS cap. If the game's framerate goes nuts where it's all over the place if you have it unlocked, it's probably best you lock it at 30 FPS/throw VSync On. I had problems w/ NFS: The Run w/ the framerate unlocked w/ CTD's and all kind of other madness - but putting on the 30 FPS cap cured that problem. If they (the dev's) have synced animations to the 30 FPS like Dark Souls PC does - yeah, there's a pretty good chance, you should keep the framerate locked at that.

Prototype 1, which was a pretty good game, also had issues out-the-box. On my previous rig, cut-scenes played too slow. Also - if there's heavy brawling and lots of platforming elements in a game - yeah, that's the kind of game that I will probably play w/ my 360 Controller.

I did buy Prototype Pack and will check out Prototype 2, soon enough. But - let me get back to the awesome Hotline Miami and get it finished, first...which I recently won a copy of in a code-drop from D-Toid & Digital Devolver in their recent stream of the game on TwitchTV, the other night.

I was pretty sad that I missed the 7.50 Prototype deal (already have Prototype 1, but I would have bought it for 2), but I've been seeing that it's not a very good port so that eases me up a bit.

Now, as someone who enjoyed Lego Star Wars 1, but didn't like Lego Indiana Jones at all, which of the Lego games are worth getting? I'm probably going to buy at least Lego Batman 1, but I wanted to see some other people's opinions on the games.

[quote name='Davinatorman']I was pretty sad that I missed the 7.50 Prototype deal (already have Prototype 1, but I would have bought it for 2), but I've been seeing that it's not a very good port so that eases me up a bit.

Now, as someone who enjoyed Lego Star Wars 1, but didn't like Lego Indiana Jones at all, which of the Lego games are worth getting? I'm probably going to buy at least Lego Batman 1, but I wanted to see some other people's opinions on the games.[/QUOTE]
From what I have played of the Harry Potter lego game It's enjoyable and fun. As for the Lego batman game. I have the second one and I like it a lot and from what I've read it's the one to get if your only going to get one lego batman game.

I'm glad that I didn't get Prototype. I just wasted $7.50 on GTA IV Complete. I have Dell XPS 17 with NVidia Optimus, and I'm pretty sure that the games refuse to use my dedicated card even though I've tried every fix out there. I put the games at Console settings and got 7fps average. Now I can play BF3 at above console setting with a consistent 30fps. The same with Crysis 2, Dragon Age and most of the other "console" games I have on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back