Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davinatorman']
Now, as someone who enjoyed Lego Star Wars 1, but didn't like Lego Indiana Jones at all, which of the Lego games are worth getting? I'm probably going to buy at least Lego Batman 1, but I wanted to see some other people's opinions on the games.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars: The Complete Saga is justly celebrated as the best of the LEGO games. I think I saw it on an all-time best PC games list.

Indiana Jones 2 is generally regarded as the weakest of the series. If you didn't like Indiana Jones 1, you'll want to skip this one. Others might fight it enjoyable to play, but you'd want to keep the purchase price under $5.

I would add Star Wars 3/Clone Wars to the list of weak entries. If you don't follow the cable cartoon series, the plot is incomprehensible. Objectives are poorly defined and have unintuitive solutions. All while scores of enemies attack.

The Harry Potters and Pirates of the Caribbean depend heavily on appreciation of the source material. If you don't like/haven't seen the movies, you probably won't like the games. In the Potters, players spend a good amount of time following a ghost around to reach the next task. By the midpoint of Years 5-7, we were fairly bored with it.

Batman 1 is lots of fun. It's older, so there's no dynamic splitscreen or dialogue. But the developers' not having to follow someone else's storyline is a real strength here.

Batman 2 is a bit short, but at Amazon's prices, that's nct really an issue. I found the city difficult to navigate, especially with vehicles, which are themselves difficult to control. The constant darkness and rain are a bit overwrought. The plot and dialogue are top shelf though.

Hm, I was just about to pull the trigger on the LEGO Batman 2 deal when I found out that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have DLC available:

Heroes Pack:
  • Nightwing
  • Shazam
  • Katana
  • Zatanna
  • Damian Wayne

Villains Pack:
  • Bizarro
  • Captain Cold
  • Black Manta
  • Black Adam
  • Gorilla Grodd

Does anyone know if there is DLC available from within the game? I think I'm still going to go with this PC deal anyway, but it would be nice to have for PC.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hm, I was just about to pull the trigger on the LEGO Batman 2 deal when I found out that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have DLC available:

Heroes Pack:
  • Nightwing
  • Shazam
  • Katana
  • Zatanna
  • Damian Wayne

Villains Pack:
  • Bizarro
  • Captain Cold
  • Black Manta
  • Black Adam
  • Gorilla Grodd

Does anyone know if there is DLC available from within the game? I think I'm still going to go with this PC deal anyway, but it would be nice to have for PC.[/QUOTE]

I have the dlc for ps3 in my opinion its really not worth having

Definition of CAG-Optimism:
[quote name='Daryl']we have seen prices drop so precipitously that I always look at missing a deal as a silver lining. It will be cheaper soon enough. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']and now she's preggo...[/QUOTE]
I'm always amused by guys announcing they are going to be a father. It's never, "I'm going to be a father." Its always some variant of, "My wife is pregnant!" Don't worry, we'll get the bastard who did this to her! ^_~

[quote name='p-spiddy']I'm looking for a 360 controller with a decent D-pad. I'm using a PS3 controller right now and it works fine with DS3 tool in the background, but it sometimes jumbles the face buttons with games in Steam. It's not imperative or anything. I'm just plug'n'play lazy if there's a good option. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The Logitech F310/F510/F710 are probably your best bet. They support Xinput (360 interface) natively (no 3rd party drivers), have a DS3 layout and a decent D-pad (though I rarely use the D-pad for much). There is also a button to swap the D-pad and left stick (so you can use the left stick instead of the D-pad, and vice versa). They are a bit bigger and heftier than a DS3 but have comfortable feel and a nice rubberized finish. The F310 lacks rumble. The F510 and F710 have rumble, with a hardware button to toggle strong, medium, weak, or no rumble/vibration. The F710 is wireless.

I've used a DS3 with MotionInJoy quite a bit. I've never encountered button scrambling, though once in a while I've seen a wrong direction when using the sticks at full-tilt, causing momentary disruption. (I assume to be an overflow-wraparound when converting the stick axes to Xinput).

[quote name='Eldredpe']Is there any summary of what's going on sale tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Only one we know of so far is the Prototype Bundle [Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC] for $9.99

[quote name='ochentay4']First, thanks Tony for your excellent sales and commitment with this forum. Im anxious with Black Friday sale, could you give as a preview?

Also, please dont get mad with my following words....

I'm sorry to say this here but now I understand why this game (Prototype 2) was on sale. I dont know if anyone played it yet but its such a bad port I cant stand playing.

First my specs: Intel Core i7 3770 at 4.1ghz / 2x4GB DDR3 1866 DualChannel / SSD / Ati Radeon 6850 1GB

Problems:
*The amount of stuttering this game has is unberable. I simply cant play this anymore. Tried lots of tweaks, searched on many forums, still terrible stuttering. And I have MANY games (Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Rage, Batman AC) working excellent.
*Absolutely impossible to play the damn game with mouse/kb. Mouse acceleration scales with fps. Incredible.
*Hideous textures. Terrible.
*Stupid graphic options that do not modify fps on low or high. Always same performace.

Total Biscuit affirms my findings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KJ5l4L_3RxY

I have Prototype 1 for sale at $2.5 (already played the hell out of it on the 360), if anyone wants it...[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, runs flawlessly on my Amd Phenom II x4 955 BE, 6 gb 667 DDR2 ram, Amd Radeon HD 6850, WD Black 750GB.
Have you tried to turn antialiasing off? I've seen reviews on Tom's hardware that its not really needed if using resolutions of 1080p or higher.

[quote name='sunasun']I've seen reviews on Tom's hardware that its not really needed if using resolutions of 1080p or higher.[/QUOTE]

I just would like to clear this up. Anti-Aliasing is artifacting caused by edges or textures that have higher frequency content than your display can support. It occurs at all resolutions. I game at 1920x1200 and it happens. Where Anand talks about it not being too visually offensive is on High PPI (Pixels per Inch) displays such as the retina iPad. Due to the high pixel density the aliasing artifacts are less noticeable (but still present).

Another common place to run into aliasing artifacts is on TV when someone is wearing a finely stripped suit or tie that unnaturally shimmers.

Smearing vasoline all over your screen will also reduce the visual offensiveness of aliasing artifacts, and is much cheaper than a new video card.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Only one we know of so far is the Prototype Bundle [Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC] for $9.99[/QUOTE]

Wait wait, it's going on sale again??

[quote name='Big McLargeHuge']Thanks for the reply. That's great news :applause:. Do we know when it's happening?[/QUOTE]

Usually its around the morning 7-9AM EST I think, could be sooner or later, depends when Tony & crew make it go live lol.

[quote name='MC Kage']Usually its around the morning 7-9AM EST I think, could be sooner or later, depends when Tony & crew make it go live lol.[/QUOTE]

They actually usually go live between 3am and 4 am EST. Maybe 5am if the hamsters are having a long night. ;)

[quote name='Terlan']From what I have played of the Harry Potter lego game It's enjoyable and fun. As for the Lego batman game. I have the second one and I like it a lot and from what I've read it's the one to get if your only going to get one lego batman game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='puzurinsusinak']Star Wars: The Complete Saga is justly celebrated as the best of the LEGO games. I think I saw it on an all-time best PC games list.

Indiana Jones 2 is generally regarded as the weakest of the series. If you didn't like Indiana Jones 1, you'll want to skip this one. Others might fight it enjoyable to play, but you'd want to keep the purchase price under $5.

I would add Star Wars 3/Clone Wars to the list of weak entries. If you don't follow the cable cartoon series, the plot is incomprehensible. Objectives are poorly defined and have unintuitive solutions. All while scores of enemies attack.

The Harry Potters and Pirates of the Caribbean depend heavily on appreciation of the source material. If you don't like/haven't seen the movies, you probably won't like the games. In the Potters, players spend a good amount of time following a ghost around to reach the next task. By the midpoint of Years 5-7, we were fairly bored with it.

Batman 1 is lots of fun. It's older, so there's no dynamic splitscreen or dialogue. But the developers' not having to follow someone else's storyline is a real strength here.

Batman 2 is a bit short, but at Amazon's prices, that's nct really an issue. I found the city difficult to navigate, especially with vehicles, which are themselves difficult to control. The constant darkness and rain are a bit overwrought. The plot and dialogue are top shelf though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll probably just pick up Batman 1 since I'm not too big a fan of Harry Potter (and I doubt casting spells would be nearly as fun as endlessly swinging away with a lightsaber), and LB2 has voice acting? Come on, part of the charm of the lego games is the comedic value from voiceless lego people. :cry:

[quote name='Severose']They actually usually go live between 3am and 4 am EST. Maybe 5am if the hamsters are having a long night. ;)[/QUOTE]

The Squeenix Pack I waited 'til at least 7-9AM, prolly just an exception.

[quote name='MC Kage']The Squeenix Pack I waited 'til at least 7-9AM, prolly just an exception.[/QUOTE]

Is it gonna be a "lightning" deal like last time? How long is this supposed to last?

[quote name='Big McLargeHuge']Is it gonna be a "lighting" deal like last time? How long is this supposed to last?[/QUOTE]

1 Week. From Sunday to next Sunday.

The Friday Flash Deals are thing promo thing with GameSpot.

[quote name='MC Kage']The Squeenix Pack I waited 'til at least 7-9AM, prolly just an exception.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was a definite exception, I forgot what the reason was behind it though.

[quote name='pieczonka']I have the dlc for ps3 in my opinion its really not worth having[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks for your opinion! I like a lot of those characters, but oh well.

Off to order I go! :)

[quote name='Severose']Yeah that was a definite exception, I forgot what the reason was behind it though.[/QUOTE]

The reason was that they ran out of keys... multiple times. They never expected the demand to be so crazy. They had what they thought to be a weeks worth of codes but it sold out in less than 24hours and sent Tony scrambling for more codes which continually sold out withing hours. Eventually, due to people picking up so many doubles and what-not, demand kicked supplies ass and we got a nice voucher for the remainder (also majority) of the week.

FYI: I'm also not having any problems running Prototype 1. I have no visible issues (game is a lot of fun and looks good) with the following setup:

Intel Core_i7_3610QM Core i7 3610QM 2.3 GHz

Nvidia GT 650M - 2GB Video Memory

6GB DDR3 RAM

and a 750 7200rpm SATA drive

[quote name='rasvelen']Anno 2070 deluxe edition is on sale too for $18.7

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B00684AGQ0&linkCode=as2&tag=122603776232-20

Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly a great game, but the shitty DRM that stops you from playing after 3 hardware changes makes the decision to purchase much more difficult for me. That being said I believe Amazon provides you with additional keys in case you run into any limitations on that front so I suppose it isn't too bad.

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

[quote name='Meeza']Supposedly a great game, but the shitty DRM that stops you from playing after 3 hardware changes makes the decision to purchase much more difficult for me. That being said I believe Amazon provides you with additional keys in case you run into any limitations on that front so I suppose it isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

I see thanks!

BTW will the black friday sale on video games will only happen on one day or will it last longer than that?

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Tony hasn't said anything about Black Friday yet has he? Dude is laying low.[/QUOTE]

You talking Nov 23rd Black Friday? Or the gamspot/amazon/twitchTV 2 hour Black Friday things?

If it's the former, Tony confirmed that the pack with Hearts Of Iron will be a Black Friday special.

Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Space Rangers 2 HD is coming out? Played Space Rangers: Reboot to death...Loved that one.

[quote name='roztworek']prototype 1 is badly ported too. cant even get it to run at higher res then 1280x720 :([/QUOTE]

Radical Entertainment is known for not-so-hot PC ports.

See Scarface: The World is Yours PC (performance issues and cannot remap your KB/mouse controls);
and both Prototype 1 & 2 PC ports (poor KB/mouse controls; performance & technical issues).

is this where we request deals?

Tony i don't ask for a lot but if amazon is available to price match or better yet top the Wifi Vita bundles this Black Friday, i'd love to see the AC:Liberation bundle go sub $200-- as a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and as someone with a large digital library of PSP games that aren't getting played because the battery in my fat first gen handheld lasts all but a half hour before dying

and i'm sure you get this all the time but we love what you're doing regardless of what requests are filled or not, thanks for all the hard work

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']is this where we request deals?

Tony i don't ask for a lot but if amazon is available to price match or better yet top the Wifi Vita bundles this Black Friday, i'd love to see the AC:Liberation bundle go sub $200-- as a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and as someone with a large digital library of PSP games that aren't getting played because the battery in my fat first gen handheld lasts all but a half hour before dying

and i'm sure you get this all the time but we love what you're doing regardless of what requests are filled or not, thanks for all the hard work[/QUOTE]

This thread is for PC digital deals.

So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.

[quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

That's just grand, seeya.

[quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

The $7.49 deal was part of an online deals show, in partnership between Gamespot and Amazon, which only lasts for two hours on Friday afternoons. We are fortunate enough that Tony shares the info with us here in advance.

Besides, the price difference is only $2.50... sheesh.

Why can't people just leave quietly without making any noise. Honestly, nobody really cares you missed out and I still find it humorous how people bitch and say they don't care, but care enough to complain and bitch about it here so obviously they care enough to waste their own time writing a message. The sign of not caring is ignoring something which all these non-carers can't seem to do. Just let the door hit your ass on your way out and MOVE ON with your life.

It's like everything in life, if you spend more time on something (wait in line on black friday in the cold, work harder in your job, hit on more women, work on your relationship/marriage, play golf like tiger woods since age 3 every day for 13 years, WATCH DEAL SITES ON GAMES), you'll do better in any of those areas.

If you don't have the time, don't expect to get the best deals.

And this deal was the 3rd time they've done this with posting on every single deal thread out there.

Damn, did I just get trolled?

I've never seen so many people cry about missing a 92% off sale and being given the option of an 89% off sale.

Like where do you people come from where you were brought up to be that stingy with your money? I understand what site I'm on but good lord it's just ridiculous. You obviously have very little interest in the game if you aren't willing to spend the extra 2 dollars.

You don't really have to follow the thread at all. Those limited time deals have been at the same time the past couple weeks. Check the deal of the week Sunday morning and then in for the flash-type deal on Friday. Twice a week is all you need. Following the thread just gives you more information on whats coming up. Plus it's filled with some really stand-up CAGers. It's not like you'd have to put up with the crowd that follows the PSN weekly deals thread...I could see why you wouldn't want to do that.

Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.[/QUOTE]

When it was originally announced Tony said Prototype 1 wasn't steam but he would try to get steam keys which he ended up pulling off. I think the OP needs to be cleaned up and updated with information more often, I rarely ever check it because it's usually filled up with some random free to play game promotion or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back