Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']They defaulted on a $50 million line of credit from Wells Fargo -- they are beyond my help now![/QUOTE]
Nothing purchasing 2.9 million copies of Darksiders II wouldn't help fix.

The Steamgifts site will be breathtaking...

Does anyone know how active the online is for NFS Most Wanted? $25 sounds great but the few times I tried NFS Hot Pursuit I was having trouble finding people to play with. The whole fun of that is multiplayer so I'm wondering if it might be a game better played on PS3/360. Anyone playing it online on PC?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

This is in relation to the Black Friday sales we'll be having.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

/drools

Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from Gamersgate and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Maybe this is normal but I just wanted to let everybody know since idk if you get all this by purchasing from other sites.

[quote name='JanusDS']Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from GMG and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Maybe this is normal but I just wanted to let everybody know since idk if you get all this by purchasing from other sites.[/QUOTE]
I'm almost 100% positive that the other DLC came with the game itself. I believe you got it for preordering DS2, and I guess GMG just kept giving the bonus DLC away with the game.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm almost 100% positive that the other DLC came with the game itself. I believe you got it for preordering DS2, and I guess GMG just kept giving the bonus DLC away with the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just about to edit my post to say that because I did notice that it said "Darksiders II Preorder Retail" when I put in the activation code for the game itself and just sort of ignored at the time. Then I just realized that it also showed The Abyssal Forge and Marker's Armor separate from the Season Pass so figured that it might be the activation code for the game from that as well.

But either way, if that's what they're selling, it sounds like the best bang for your buck. :D Well, actually it already did anyway, but now even more so. :razz:

[quote name='JanusDS']Well, this is interesting - I ended up getting Darksiders II and the Season Pass dlc from GMG and it appears I got a bit more than I bargained for...in a good way. I don't know if anybody else has bought the Season Pass dlc from GMG, activated it on Steam and then checked their dlc for Darksiders II by right clicking and choosing dlc; but I have quite a bit more than is listed for just the Season Pass on Steam, Amazon and GMG. In addition to the 2 missions listed for the Season Pass and the Marker's Armor, I have the Argul's Tomb dlc, which I verified on the Steam store that it shows as purchased. I also got some things that sound like weapons that are not listed anywhere that I've seen - Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, and Skeletal Axe of Rending.

Maybe this is normal but I just wanted to let everybody know since idk if you get all this by purchasing from other sites.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy it at Green Man Gaming or Gamers Gate? Just double checking since I know Gamers Gate has a sale on it, but Green Man Gaming doesnt.

[quote name='Umair56']Does anyone know how active the online is for NFS Most Wanted? $25 sounds great but the few times I tried NFS Hot Pursuit I was having trouble finding people to play with. The whole fun of that is multiplayer so I'm wondering if it might be a game better played on PS3/360. Anyone playing it online on PC?[/QUOTE]

Every time I've tried to join an MP game, it's been able to fill up the matchmaking instantly. The game literally just came out. This will be the first major sale on it and it'll probably bring in a lot of new players on top of that.

The other aspect of MP is related to your Origin friends. The Speedwall, billboards, speed cameras all are leaderboards linked to your Origin friends. So, when people buy it and start playing it it'll be handy to add people from here on Origin to fill those out. I have only 1 friend on Origin who is playing the game and I just added him from a post I saw on this site, actually. When the sale goes live, people should start posting their Origin names somewhere so folks can have times to compete against. I'm going to start now, if you plan to buy NFS:MW, add me! ;) bunnies23

[quote name='shezbot']Did you buy it at Green Man Gaming or Gamers Gate? Just double checking since I know Gamers Gate has a sale on it, but Green Man Gaming doesnt.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I meant Gamersgate...don't know why I keep doing that; for some reason I always get them confused. #-o Edited my original post to say Gamersgate as well. But yeah, I got the game and the Season Pass dlc on sale from Gamersgate and the Steam key I got for the game was for the preorder version, which I didn't realize came with all the extras until now. So yeah, if you total it all together, you save about 71% and you get those 3 weapons that I guess you can't download right now. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Steam keys for all the games in the sega bundle? I think condemned is the only one that doesn't normally come with one.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Condemned is now on Steam, it was on sale during Steams Halloween sale this year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, the amazon copy doesn't appear to come with a key but we know how that's changes

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Team Tony TEAM TONY

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any word on if you can talk about Max Payne 3 PC for any sale or maybe even Black Friday?
I knew you had said you had a deal coming up for it that was "Crazy stupid", if I recall correctly. ;)

[quote name='darkling23']Every time I've tried to join an MP game, it's been able to fill up the matchmaking instantly. The game literally just came out. This will be the first major sale on it and it'll probably bring in a lot of new players on top of that.

The other aspect of MP is related to your Origin friends. The Speedwall, billboards, speed cameras all are leaderboards linked to your Origin friends. So, when people buy it and start playing it it'll be handy to add people from here on Origin to fill those out. I have only 1 friend on Origin who is playing the game and I just added him from a post I saw on this site, actually. When the sale goes live, people should start posting their Origin names somewhere so folks can have times to compete against. I'm going to start now, if you plan to buy NFS:MW, add me! ;) bunnies23

I've recently discovered "racing" fans are pretty uppity and hostile about the NFS games. It's pretty hard to find anyone who'll admit to playing them, despite the MP being jam packed all the time. I've started threads or started posting in threads on every forum I'm on trying to find more Origin pals and all I get is people whining about a lack of manual gear shifting and blathering about Forza between calling me names. @.@[/QUOTE]

I'm not afraid to admit it: I enjoy NFS games. It's one of my many guilty pleasures. CoD being another XD

And how about this: I prefer auto trans and playing with KB+M o_O

My Origin username: bubzers

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the preview, Tony. Posts like this help a ton for planning (and waiting) for future purchases.

Just got the Darksiders 2 seasons pass, and had previously gotten the game from a friendly CAG here for $10, so the game plus seasons pass for under $17 is pretty sweet (although I'm sure it will be offered in a bundle with the first Darksiders on AVG for 74cents lol)

and I also enjoy the NFS games, much more than I enjoy the sim racers like Forza and Gran Turismo. I'm actually sporadically playing Hot Pursuit and The Run on my PC and the new Most Wanted on my Via (enjoying that a lot)

[quote name='rasvelen']Apparently Darksiders II is now on sale on Steam also. Meh, still going to buy from Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiosity, what made you spend the extra $ at Amazon instead of Gamersgate? I'm still on the fence - is there something about the Amazon deal that makes it worth the extra few dollars? From what I can see, it's more expensive and missing DLC..?

[quote name='Daf']Agreed, can also see it dropping to the $10 mark hopefully by christmas time[/QUOTE]

im not sure if its been patched well or not as of today, but the PC reviews are making me pass on DS2 even at $16.99. around $10? maybe...

Any chance of a price match on Warlock and DLC that Gamestop/Impulse is running at the moment? They're doing 75% off Warlock and all DLC, but I'd really rather not throw the money at them.

Unfortunately they make no mention of how long the deal's supposed to last, so I dunno if it's only a daily deal or what.

[quote name='billymagnum']im not sure if its been patched well or not as of today, but the PC reviews are making me pass on DS2 even at $16.99. around $10? maybe...[/QUOTE]

I still need to finish Darksiders 1 PC....

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Any chance of a price match on Warlock and DLC that Gamestop/Impulse is running at the moment? They're doing 75% off Warlock and all DLC, but I'd really rather not throw the money at them.

Unfortunately they make no mention of how long the deal's supposed to last, so I dunno if it's only a daily deal or what.[/QUOTE]

+1 on this, Tony.

[quote name='MysterD']I still need to finish Darksiders 1 PC....[/QUOTE]

I said that. Then I said hmm, with the uncertainty around THQ, I think I'd be happier to pay a little more and snag this now. Part of that was simply paying to get it off my mind.

[quote name='juanjava']OMG... not Ubisoft...[/QUOTE]

Well, they seem to be reconsidering their DRM policy a bit with the release of DRM free Rayman Origins (although it does connect online to their servers when it can).

Hopefully, they continue that trend.

Well you've officially made me regret buying something right away - I got Most Wanted on launch night and have enjoyed it, but haven't played enough to justify the $50 I dropped. That sale is intense. Silly me, buying games on release day when there are PC versions and Amazon is bringing the pain. I might even learn something soon.

Need for Speed Most Wanted for $25 O_O!, i had no interest for this game on PC but now you got me thinking Tony. I'm super pumped for the Black Friday sale, in fact i'm putting some Kevlar on my wallet right now cause i know it's gonna get hit pretty hard.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, and I'll add to OP:

Starts 11/13:

Darksiders II: $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass: $6.79

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Dang and of course I will miss it : ( Stupid job to make stupid money to buy fun games.

[quote name='Necrotron']Well, they seem to be reconsidering their DRM policy a bit with the release of DRM free Rayman Origins (although it does connect online to their servers when it can).

Hopefully, they continue that trend.[/QUOTE]

Naaah, Anno 2070 is the perfect example of who Ubisoft are. What a way to screw such a great game with draconian DRM

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Any chance of a price match on Warlock and DLC that Gamestop/Impulse is running at the moment? They're doing 75% off Warlock and all DLC, but I'd really rather not throw the money at them.

Unfortunately they make no mention of how long the deal's supposed to last, so I dunno if it's only a daily deal or what.[/QUOTE]

Thirded. I've been waiting for a chance to get the DLCs for cheap.

Edit: Is the deal over already? Showing up as full price on impulse for me.

[quote name='jatan11t']Thirded. I've been waiting for a chance to get the DLCs for cheap.

Edit: Is the deal over already? Showing up as full price on impulse for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, must've been. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be 75% off somewhere else at some point.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]]

Hi Tony, It seems highly unlikely given EA's opinion on Steam and their promoting of Origin, but is there any chance of getting Steam keys for the Mass Effect/Dragon Age bundle? I have no idea how it works with keys etc behind the scenes, but figured I might as well ask. I'm really impressed how often you have got Steam keys for non-Steamworks games. EA is probably a bit too far into the impossible though. Thanks for all your hard work!

Hello Tony,
I would like to say thank you to the hamsters and you for all the great deals you guys are bringing us. We truly appreciate you being here. :whistle2:D
Take care.

[quote name='Necrotron']Well, they seem to be reconsidering their DRM policy a bit with the release of DRM free Rayman Origins (although it does connect online to their servers when it can).

Hopefully, they continue that trend.[/QUOTE]

Is not "just" their drm policy, but the way they see pc gamers

[quote name='renhoelder']The Season Pass seems like a crappy deal, there seem to be more DLC NOT inlcuded than included. Aint much of a Season Pass when half the DLC that comes or has come out, is not included...eh?
The DSII is an awesome deal though, would get it if I hadn't it already.[/QUOTE]

Yea sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back