Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SelmaBlair']Binary Domain is fantastic though. I loved it and I'm brutal when it comes to judging games.[/QUOTE]

Well, taste is all relative. I'm sure it's good for what it is but I'm just not wild about what it is~

[quote name='audio vicious']I didn't see a bundle with Hell Yeah! in it and I thought about scoring it from GMG.

Before the GMG ends, which bundle is this in reference to? I couldn't find a post about it.[/QUOTE]

It's by itself at GMG. Sorry for the confusion. I meant if you averaged out the Amazon bundle each game was cheaper.

Hey guys,

Just dropping a note on slickdeals reposts of the heads up I give you guys for the Gamespot show deals:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5452532-Upc...nt-and-Space-Marine-starts-next-week-sometime

When you guys repost these can you please make sure to include a link to the Gamespot stream somewhere in the post?

[FONT=&quot]http://www.gamespot.com/shows/black-fridays/ [/FONT]

I recognize that you guys are super excited about the deals and just want to buy them as quickly as possible :). A big part of the reason we can get the deals is because we're able to tell our publishers about all the awesome coverage the deal will get on the show. In order for the show to be successful we want people to tune in to it (Gamespot is measuring success based on how many people watch).

I'm not asking anyone to try and catch the show at work, but it'd be REALLY helpful if, when reposting, you could add this link :).

Thanks!

Edit: Also, I know there are more than 8 of you excited about this bundle...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just dropping a note on slickdeals reposts of the heads up I give you guys for the Gamespot show deals:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5452532-Upc...nt-and-Space-Marine-starts-next-week-sometime

When you guys repost these can you please make sure to include a link to the Gamespot stream somewhere in the post?

I recognize that you guys are super excited about the deals and just want to buy them as quickly as possible :). A big part of the reason we can get the deals is because we're able to tell our publishers about all the awesome coverage the deal will get on the show. In order for the show to be successful we want people to tune in to it (Gamespot is measuring success based on how many people watch).

I'm not asking anyone to try and catch the show at work, but it'd be REALLY helpful if, when reposting, you could add this link :).

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sure, added the link. But to be fair, when you announced it there was no mention it'd be a Gamespot promo =p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have a pack with:

Binary Domain
AVP
Viking
Hell Yeah
Condemned

for $19.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any chance Condemned will be a steam key?

[quote name='xanchui']Sure, added the link. But to be fair, when you announced it there was no mention it'd be a Gamespot promo =p[/QUOTE]

Totally dude :). I wasn't being accusatory, I'm sorry if I came across as such.

I want to keep getting stupid awesome deals, these shows help me get stupid awesome deals. In order for the show to keep happening I need people to click the link and get counted as a stream.

Just trying to keep you guys flush with good deals!

:).

That's right, I ended a sentence with a smiley face.

[quote name='Terlan']Any chance Condemned will be a steam key?[/QUOTE]

Working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

Black Ops I had a decent SP campaign. Zombies are also fun. I think there are 6 zombie maps.

MW2's SP is awful, and the multiplayer lacks dedicated servers, mods, console, and lean. There are 23 Spec Ops missions though (for co-op).

Not sure if I'll get both for the multiplayer.

[quote name='MC Kage']Where's the competitiveness? lol. Think the highest I ever got my K/D ratio on 360 was around 1.82

I would say neither is worth if your just going to play SP. Zombies on Black Ops is a downright good ass time tho[/QUOTE]

Competitiveness is great if you're good enough at something for it to actually be a competition :lol: - when you suck like me, it becomes incredibly frustrating and swear-inducing to the point that I mute my mic (a habit I got into after the dad of my younger brother's girlfriend started playing with us :whistle2:#) and am on the verge of throwing my controller.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So just to ask, for I may be dense and have not had the knowledge sink in.....this deal on 11/16/2012 will be starting at 2pdt (4 central) and run for aprox 2 hours?

[quote name='Dragonsbane']So just to ask, for I may be dense and have not had the knowledge sink in.....this deal on 11/16/2012 will be starting at 2pdt (4 central) and run for aprox 2 hours?[/QUOTE]

Yes this is accurate.

Cheers,
Tony

I've got a $100 ready myself for Black Friday DD sales. Ooh I'm excited, I hope Amazon in some for or another put Skyrim for PC on for a good price, if not maybe Steam will.

[quote name='kaydigi']Hopefully Sega CD and Sonic Adventure Steam Keys.[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about this bundle

Binary Domain
AVP
Viking
Hell Yeah
Condemned
for $19.99.

I could be wrong though.

[quote name='sunasun']Tony, any chance on Skyrim for Steam sale anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

When the day comes where Amazon starts carrying Bethesda games, this will probably happen.

Is Amazon going to have that promo code or gift card or credit of $5 or something with some purchase? I think I read something like that in a few posts before. Not sure.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I think he's talking about this bundle

Binary Domain
AVP
Viking
Hell Yeah
Condemned
for $19.99.

I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I hate you...... I'm in for Binary and AVP though.

[quote name='Estbarul']Is Amazon going to have that promo code or gift card or credit of $5 or something with some purchase? I think I read something like that in a few posts before. Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Yes we will, $5 promo credit towards a list of games starting in January. We'll be picking the initial list someone in December and then changing it throughout January.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You mean Black Ops + Modern Warfare 2 for $14.99?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That is 75% off each game. I think this is unheard-of with Activision COD series :applause:

I do have both games, but I will make sure to tell all my friends ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes we will, $5 promo credit towards a list of games starting in January. We'll be picking the initial list someone in December and then changing it throughout January.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That offer was so full of win last winter that I'm more looking foward to the Amazon winter sale than Steam's.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Starts Friday:

Saints Row The Third: $9.99
Saints Row The Third Season Pass: $4.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Best open world game released thus far imo, not sure if its been fixed but there were major driver issues with AMD cards.

It was probably remedied with that big driver update recently but I can't confirm as I switched to Nvidia, other than that though for $10 it's an awesome deal.

[quote name='Syntax Error']That offer was so full of win last winter that I'm more looking foward to the Amazon winter sale than Steam's.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with this. Last year year I only bought a handful of games thinking the $5 would be worthless. Boy was I wrong.

Starts Friday:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice, in for season pass, already got the main game from you guys a few months back when it was $12.50.

I'm really excited about the THQ bundle (Homefront, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc). That is happening this Friday right? So many deals are getting posted my brain hurts.

Starts Friday:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Argh, why are you teasing me with these pre Black Friday deals!?!?

[quote name='voldak']I'm really excited about the THQ bundle (Homefront, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc). That is happening this Friday right? So many deals are getting posted my brain hurts.[/QUOTE]

I'll post a full lineup for Friday tomorrow afternoon. It is taking me a bit to slog through the BF stuff but I'm hoping to start posting stuff this evening.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Best open world game released thus far imo, not sure if its been fixed but there were major driver issues with AMD cards.

It was probably remedied with that big driver update recently but I can't confirm as I switched to Nvidia, other than that though for $10 it's an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

AMD is promoting Saints Row 3 as one of the games in "Gaming Evolved" program for sometime now. The game is fully optimized on AMD graphics hardware, drivers, DX11 and AMD Eyefinity, and it runs great for me. So I am sure if there were any issues, they are fixed for sometime now :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll post a full lineup for Friday tomorrow afternoon. It is taking me a bit to slog through the BF stuff but I'm hoping to start posting stuff this evening.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much! I'm looking forward to how much of my rat hole stash i'm going to have to move over to Amazon gift cards :)

[quote name='r9800pro']AMD is promoting Saints Row 3 as one of the games in "Gaming Evolved" program for sometime now. The game is fully optimized on AMD graphics hardware, drivers, DX11 and AMD Eyefinity, and it runs great for me. So I am sure if there were any issues, they are fixed for sometime now :)[/QUOTE]

Well the issues (low framerate, especially while driving) stretched like 5 months into its release even though it was promoted as an AMD game, all I'm saying is be cautious and look into it.

Edit: I just checked the Saints forums and shockingly those problems still exist a year later, wow. It was still playable on my 6850 but I was getting like 28-35 fps when I should have been getting a lot more at the time (6+ months ago, mind you). Since its been so long since I've played I won't discuss it further, just look into it if you're on an AMD card, folks.

[quote name='r9800pro']AMD is promoting Saints Row 3 as one of the games in "Gaming Evolved" program for sometime now. The game is fully optimized on AMD graphics hardware, drivers, DX11 and AMD Eyefinity, and it runs great for me. So I am sure if there were any issues, they are fixed for sometime now :)[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. Just because a company is promoting something does not mean it's running all that great. If you look at the game's tech help forum, there is a 64 page thread about the issue. A few promises to fix it, and a few small updates, but nothing substantial really came of it. Obviously not everyone is going to be affected, but it did affect a pretty decent chunk of people.

hello Tony,
quick question, If you are able to get Steam keys for Condemned, will the people who already bought the game be able to have a steam key also?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes we will, $5 promo credit towards a list of games starting in January. We'll be picking the initial list someone in December and then changing it throughout January.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Glad to see return of "Best-Sellers Of (Insert Games From Previous Year)" planned in Jan 2013. :D

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Well the issues (low framerate, especially while driving) stretched like 5 months into its release even though it was promoted as an AMD game, all I'm saying is be cautious and look into it.

Edit: I just checked the Saints forums and shockingly those problems still exist a year later, wow. It was still playable on my 6850 but I was getting like 28-35 fps when I should have been getting a lot more at the time (6+ months ago, mind you). Since its been so long since I've played I won't discuss it further, just look into it if you're on an AMD card, folks.[/QUOTE]
I had severe performance issues with that game on my Nvidia card. I later replaced most of my PC and it worked fine afterward. It's not just AMD that had problems, and as far as I'm aware they claimed they were hard at work on a fix and then never did anything about it.

[quote name='Corpekata']No, it isn't. Just because a company is promoting something does not mean it's running all that great. If you look at the game's tech help forum, there is a 64 page thread about the issue. A few promises to fix it, and a few small updates, but nothing substantial really came of it. Obviously not everyone is going to be affected, but it did affect a pretty decent chunk of people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I tried playing it with my Radeon HD 7970 and my FPS consistently dropped to the low 30s whenever driving around. Game isn't optimized for AMD (probably not for some Nvidia cards too..), I think getting it to run well is luck based (having the exact system configuration).

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I had severe performance issues with that game on my Nvidia card. I later replaced most of my PC and it worked fine afterward. It's not just AMD that had problems, and as far as I'm aware they claimed they were hard at work on a fix and then never did anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I almost want to install it and test my 660ti with it now.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Interesting, I almost want to install it and test my 660ti with it now.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao omg Selma your sig. :lol:

:applause:

[quote name='KidInTheHall']^ I prefer Blorps . Don't ask where the "r" comes from, I don't know, some dude on GameFaqs started calling it that and it's stuck with me.[/QUOTE]

Badge%20Coach%20Z.png

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I had severe performance issues with that game on my Nvidia card. I later replaced most of my PC and it worked fine afterward. It's not just AMD that had problems, and as far as I'm aware they claimed they were hard at work on a fix and then never did anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I played with a GTX 260 near release and didn't have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back