Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']This...
...Though, I'm sticking w/ 30 FPS b/c I'm playing online - not really up for chancing a G4WL/XBL Ban.

Also, DSFix supports high-res's [1920x1080 (1080p)]; all kinds of Ambient Occulsion (VSSAO, SCAO, HBCO); and some AA features (FXAA, SMAA);[/QUOTE]

so with Durante's fix you can't play online at all?

[quote name='Scouter']so with Durante's fix you can't play online at all?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can play online!
The mod doesn't change the game's code, if you keep the framerate locked set at 30 FPS.

If you DO unlock it (to say 60 FPS), you risk a chance of getting a G4WL/XBL ban - b/c it does alter the game's code.
It tells you all of this in DSFix's INI file, BTW.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi CAGs,

To hel
p alleviate some of the worry coming from the folks who think this might be all we're promoting over BF here's a list of what I think some of our most attractive upcoming deals include:

Medal Of Honor Warfighter $29.99 - 11/23-11/26
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $19.99 - 11/23 and 11/26
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $29.99 - 11/23 and 11/26
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99 11/23-11/26
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $14.99 - 11/23
Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 - 11/23-11/25
. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 - 11/23-11/25
Payday: The Heist 4 Pack - $14.99 - 11/18-11/26
Kingdoms of Amalur + both DLCs - $11.99 - 11/26
10. M
E 1 + ME 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 - $14.99 - 11/23
Syndicate - $4.99 - 11/26
WB Combat Bundle - $9.99 - 11/23-11/26 contains:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Mortal Kombat Collection
Lord of the Rings War in the North

Batman Arkham Action Pack - $9.99 11/23-11/23 contains:

Batman Arkham As
ylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City

4. F.E.A.R. Collection - $8.99 - 11/24-11/25 contains:

Fear Ultimate Sh
ooter Edition
Fear 2

F
ear 3

The Harry Batman Pack - $13.99 - 11/26 contains:

Lego Harry Potter Years 1
Lego Harry P
otter Years 5-7
Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes

Inversion - $4.99 - 11/26

[/QUOTE]

Tony. I love you, bro. Especially for 2, 4, 5, and 9.

And number 10, man. If I didn't already own all of them, all I could say is HOLY BALLS. Keep on doing what you do. Nobody does it better.

Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Majesty 2 Collection
Majesty Gold - HD
Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Tony, I see you have 6 out of the 14 available DLC for Crusader Kings II in this pack, is there any possiblity that you might be offering a specific nothing but Crusader Kings II DLC pack during this sale or the upcoming holiday sale? I had been hoping to get something like that from Amazon instead of resorting to buying it piecemeal from places like GMG.

The DLC that you currently offer but that isn't in this Pint Sized Paradox Package:

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Sword-Online/dp/B008EYIQT6

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome [Download]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Legacy-Download/dp/B009KSPF0I/

Crusader Kings II: African Portraits [Download]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Portraits-Download/dp/B009KSPF2Q/

Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-African-Online/dp/B008EYIBVE/

Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack [Download]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Byzantine-Download/dp/B009KSPEZE/

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium [Download]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Byzantium-Download/dp/B009KSPFR6/

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II [Download]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Dynasty-Download/dp/B009KSPFQC/

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Caliph-Online/dp/B008EYIOXO/

---

Also, any possibility of this as a sale item?

The Stronghold Collection [Online Game Code]
http://www.amazon.com/Stronghold-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B0084FHQ1O/

Really hope Spec Ops hits $7.50. That and a good deal on Game of Thrones RPG is all I want.

Also bummed that the Dreamcast pack uses Starforce. I mainly bought it for Jet Set, but it would have been cool to try the others.

[quote name='MysterD']Yes, you can play online!
The mod doesn't change the game's code, if you keep the framerate locked set at 30 FPS.

If you DO unlock it (to say 60 FPS), you risk a chance of getting a G4WL/XBL ban - b/c it does alter the game's code.
It tells you all of this in DSFix's INI file, BTW.[/QUOTE]

conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?

[quote name='Scouter']conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?[/QUOTE]
Yup, I play offline all the time.

[quote name='Sophita']What a amazing deal for Sims 3 Seasons, game just came out this Tuesday and already 50% off I was in shock seeing the price so low so soon. Thank you to whoever worked out that deal, Tony or whoever at the amazon department.[/QUOTE]

Huh, wha? Where?

EDIT: Oh I see, that's the price it's at now. I though you meant that it was an upcoming deal. But I couldn't find it in the OP anywhere.

you can play the game offline all you want, though online play is to get 'connected' with others. though for online bans uh... honestly there's thousands of people who've downloaded and used 60FPS. there... does not seem to be a problem with that. there's always a case of "my friend..." that gets seen or one person out of a large mob who gets hit while everyone else seems to be fine.

Medal Of Honor Warfighter $29.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $19.99
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $29.99
Inversion - $4.99

Was only looking to buy cheap games but for price for 2 recent releases that I really want to play I will support Tony and Amazon so publishers keep giving good deals on new games.

By the way Tony any deals on Assassin's Creed III Standard or Deluxe?

[quote name='MysterD']Trying to figure out - are you joking w/ me or are you serious? Or a mixture of both?

The stuff I said about StarForce disc-DRM was meant to be a serious. That disc-based DRM is no joke.
Those are many of the reason people complained about it over the years and were throwing lawsuits Ubi's way; and hence why Ubi and many others dropped it.

Oh, yes - I forgot, I also use a gamepad for racers, too.
Add that to my list, some few posts back.[/QUOTE]

I found your CD/DVD-based StarForce DRM to be an interesting and clear explanation, taking it seriously. My whimsical (but technically correct) musings applied that to download DRM. What I mused is theoretically possible, but the precision and technical difficulty would require extremely precise instruments.

[quote name='Scouter']conflicted on whether or not to get it now. >.> is there a way to play offline?[/QUOTE]

Whenever you boot Dark Souls PTD (PC) - Don't sign into G4WL or have it set to auto-log in.
Put it into Offline Mode so you have an Offline Profile.

Though, you really should play this online - as the players online give you a constant barrage of messages to warn you and help you out; and so you can see other players' Bloodstains when they to die to see how they actually died.

[quote name='asheskitty']I found your CD/DVD-based StarForce DRM to be an interesting and clear explanation, taking it seriously. My whimsical (but technically correct) musings applied that to download DRM. What I mused is theoretically possible, but the precision and technical difficulty would require extremely precise instruments.[/QUOTE]

Is it actually done like that w/ StarForce download version of the DRM?
Or not?

I think people are blowing 60 FPS Dark Souls:ptD out of proportion. When uncapping the 30 FPS you are subjecting yourself to some large variable FPS. The game's coding/phyics doesn't work perfectly when uncapped. I'd suggest you try it at 30 FPS before worrying about it.

Sliding down ladders can make you fall through the ground. Workaround: don’t slide down ladders with unlocked FPS.
Jumping/rolling distance is slightly reduced at 60 FPS. Workaround: in case you need to do one of the 2 or 3 jumps in the game that need maximum distance, use the new toggle key to toggle a 30 FPS limit for the jump, then toggle back to 60 after it.
Slope interactions are slightly different at 60 FPS compared to 30, which may make you “stuck” at small obstructions from time to time. Workaround: rolling if there is space, walking back and forth a bit if there is not. Toggling the 30 FPS lock for a second in the worst case.

[quote name='MysterD']Is it actually done like that w/ StarForce download version of the DRM?
Or not?[/QUOTE]
No, it's not done with the download version of StarForce. It would require seriously sensitive scientific instruments, on the order of Gravity Probe B or LISA.

kind of upset that i couldn't get prototype 2 to run at over 7 fps. my laptop runs games like SR3 and sleeping dogs perfectly fine but prototype was completely unplayable. maybe i should just build a 'home theatre pc" as i only ever use it plugged into my tv nowadays.

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

you guys think i need to upgrade to play the new games coming out going forward? sorry for going OT here

[quote name='vince_carter']kind of upset that i couldn't get prototype 2 to run at over 7 fps. my laptop runs games like SR3 and sleeping dogs perfectly fine but prototype was completely unplayable. maybe i should just build a 'home theatre pc" as i only ever use it plugged into my tv nowadays.

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

you guys think i need to upgrade to play the new games coming out going forward? sorry for going OT here[/QUOTE]

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
gives you a rough idea of where your graphics card falls in terms of performance, below most Nvidia 8800 series cards. Quite a ways below a GTX 260 or 4850.

The numbering of most mobile graphics, has no relevance to the desktop edition numbering

Might get Saints Row 3 but otherwise nothing really interesting. Was hoping for Space Marine, War of the Roses, Deus Ex, Witcher 2... I bet Steam will satisfy that.

[quote name='roztworek']i think You forgot about me1+me2+me3 bundle?[/QUOTE]

I believe there was notihng like that in the first place.

[quote name='rasvelen']Spec Ops and Max Payne 3 please![/QUOTE]

Plus One for Spec Ops.

Tony so what was the official word about Black Ops?

[quote name='MysterD']Whenever you boot Dark Souls PTD (PC) - Don't sign into G4WL or have it set to auto-log in.
Put it into Offline Mode so you have an Offline Profile.

Though, you really should play this online - as the players online give you a constant barrage of messages to warn you and help you out; and so you can see other players' Bloodstains when they to die to see how they actually died.[/QUOTE]

I was unsure about getting this before, but you have convinced me to give it a try. Sounds awesome!

[quote name='vince_carter']kind of upset that i couldn't get prototype 2 to run at over 7 fps. my laptop runs games like SR3 and sleeping dogs perfectly fine but prototype was completely unplayable. maybe i should just build a 'home theatre pc" as i only ever use it plugged into my tv nowadays.

here's my specs:

i7 q 740 @ 1.74ghz
4 gig ram
mobility radeon hd 5730

you guys think i need to upgrade to play the new games coming out going forward? sorry for going OT here[/QUOTE]

You should be fine for games that are optimized for PC but console ports that are not like Prototype 2 are giving people problems even on better systems. If you can find a AMD 7000 series for cheap it wouldn't hurt though.

Tony

Will bf3 premium service be on sale at some point like bf3 premium edition?

And also Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection?

Thanks in advance

I don't see it listed amongst the highlights, but is this:

Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

Victoria Franchise
Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Arthur Collection
King Arthur II
Achtung Panzer 1943
Gettysburg Armored Warfare

bundle still happening?

What are the must have dlcs for Civilization 5?

I only plan on using one civ, as thats the way I normally play my games.... (ie: Age of empires only used the Korean Civ, likewise in Civ series.)

Gods and Kings seems like a must...but are the map packs and scenarios worth it?

[quote name='cranky2']Thanks for the heads up... You know, those other games are either so bad (Homefront) or off my radar (Stalker? Metro?) that I'd honestly rather spend $4 on Space Marine alone and save the other $5 for something else.[/QUOTE]
You're missing out. Stalker and Metro are both fantastic games with excellent atmosphere.

Tony, any hope for the digital version of GTA: San Andreas getting a quick sale? You know, since the second trailer for GTA V just came out =D

[quote name='TraBuch']You're missing out. Stalker and Metro are both fantastic games with excellent atmosphere.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.

[quote name='espy605']I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Metro 2033 developers (4A Games) are NOT the same developers of STALKER series ( GSC Game World). From Wikipedia
The company was formed in Kiev, Ukraine. It was founded by former employees of GSC Game World, a year before the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, in particular Oles Shyskovtsov and Oleksandr Maksymchuk, the programmers who worked on the development of the X-Ray engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.[3] They developed the 4A Engine for Metro 2033.
For me:
Metro 2033: 10/10 game. Linear.
STALKER Series: 7/10. Open world, really buggy.

[quote name='espy605']I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

As always, everyone's input much appreciated.

[quote name='gomikeoh']What are the must have dlcs for Civilization 5?

I only plan on using one civ, as thats the way I normally play my games.... (ie: Age of empires only used the Korean Civ, likewise in Civ series.)

Gods and Kings seems like a must...but are the map packs and scenarios worth it?[/QUOTE]

GOTY has all the DLC except for Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World (the last 2 before GOTY came out).
Gods and Kings is its own expansion and has most of the rest.

Net result? GOTY, Korea, Wonders, G&K = Everything Civ 5 right now.

STALKER SOC is solid as an FPS but falls well short with what they were trying to do with the RPG elements and 'open world' nature. Certainly worth $2, though. You can download the 'Complete' mod which implements a ton of balance changes, bug fixes, and improves the graphics.

So just to make sure... the promo codes this time will automatically be added to a game in January instead of a physical code being sent? I've done 7 orders and got 7 emails about the promotion and they said the promo will be applied automatically. Is there anyway to see how many codes we have accumulated?

[quote name='ochentay4']Metro 2033 developers (4A Games) are NOT the same developers of STALKER series ( GSC Game World). From Wikipedia
[/QUOTE]

4A Games is made up of ex-Stalker developers. They left GSC and made Metro 2o33,

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']So just to make sure... the promo codes this time will automatically be added to a game in January instead of a physical code being sent? I've done 7 orders and got 7 emails about the promotion and they said the promo will be applied automatically. Is there anyway to see how many codes we have accumulated?[/QUOTE]

I've asked the same and for now I think the answer is NO. I hope Tony help us out.

[quote name='Scorch']Civ V GOTY is $12.49 for OSX, will the PC be getting any love?[/QUOTE]

steam key unlocks windows version as well.

People need to stop worrying about the codes for now. I'm sure it'll get settled eventually. I don't foresee anyone buying 20+ games in January to use said codes on so, in the end, I'm sure everyone will have enough with their various November/December purchases.

Did Tony say when the list of Editor's choice will be out? I suppose even if we knew, it'll be hard to know if the price - $5 would be better than what's the price now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back