Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zakart']Btw guys, if thisdoesn't give you gaming-boner then you really need to do some soul searching and figure out if you are gaming-gay or not.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a "raging hardon"* I think I found out why... I'm female. Hate games not people!

*anime stereotype reference

[quote name='r9800pro']2 questions for Tony:

- Will Max Payne 3 bundle be the Steam and Non-Steam versions ?
[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this myself. I totally forgot MP3 isn't normally a Steam game but Amazon has offered it as one.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I am wondering this myself. I totally forgot MP3 isn't normally a Steam game but Amazon has offered it as one.[/QUOTE]

I bought it the last time Amazon had it on sale for $30 and I believe they had both Steam keys and drm-free options

[quote name='asheskitty']I didn't get a "raging hardon"* I think I found out why... I'm female. Hate games not people!

*anime stereotype reference[/QUOTE]

My computer monitor regrets me reading this post as it is now covered in water.

[quote name='r9800pro']2 questions for Tony:

- Will Max Payne 3 bundle be the Steam and Non-Steam versions ?

- Will there be a better deal for Serious Sam 3 and DLC ? A bundle maybe ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaOTiK']I am wondering this myself. I totally forgot MP3 isn't normally a Steam game but Amazon has offered it as one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I bought it the last time Amazon had it on sale for $30 and I believe they had both Steam keys and drm-free options[/QUOTE]

We'll have Steam and non-steam versions.

Cheers,
Tony

Can anyone tell me if the $5 promo stacks? Say I buy 3 games, will I get $15 promo discount for my purchase on a single item in January?

Thanks!

[quote name='frozened']Can anyone tell me if the $5 promo stacks? Say I buy 3 games, will I get $15 promo discount for my purchase on a single item in January?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

they do not stack, you can only use one coupon per game

[quote name='LazyTriangle']they do not stack, you can only use one coupon per game[/QUOTE]
But can one use 3 coupons with 3 games?

[quote name='Zmaj']But I can use 3 coupons with 3 games?[/QUOTE]

For $5 of each, yes. As to whether or not that can be accomplished in one transaction, I'm not sure. Worse comes to worse you do three separate transactions.

[quote name='Zakart']This is getting ridiculous, picked up Sleeping Dogs for $13 from GMG when I am sure I won't have time to play it. I think I need therapy, or intervention, or both.
[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Sleeping Dogs deal.

[quote name='Tax']I hate you.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Sleeping Dogs deal.[/QUOTE]

I bought it an hour ago, and I still don't receive the key... GMG fails. :roll:

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'm gaming gay.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for coming out of gaming-closet in a PCDD thread.

[quote name='asheskitty']I didn't get a "raging hardon"* I think I found out why... I'm female. Hate games not people!

*anime stereotype reference[/QUOTE]

Well, gaming-boner is asexual anyways and it does not exist in physical form, otherwise I would have been fired long time ago for poking unsuspecting co-workers with my gaming-boner. They still do, mind you, get poked a lot but they don't know it because it is not really there. This week has been taxing and heavy on my gaming-boner and we haven't even made it to the Friday yet!

[quote name='Markos']I bought it an hour ago, and I still don't receive the key... GMG fails. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Really? After it was done processing, the key was on the Authentication Successful page.

[quote name='Markos']I bought it an hour ago, and I still don't receive the key... GMG fails. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I got my activation key instantly, and I have already activated it. Email customer support maybe?

[quote name='Tax']I hate you.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Sleeping Dogs deal.[/QUOTE]

You are quite welcome.

If you want to hate me more, pickup Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition for $29 on GMG. (prices may have changed since yesterday)

I have played all previous Hitman games so I am really excited about its release. I am seriously thinking about creating an artificial bottleneck on my office network, shut down processes, get fired and go home early to play it.

for those who haven't tried it, call of Juarez (the first two at least) are lots of fun. Great story and voice acting. I picked them up during the last buy one get one sale.

lots of nice older titles this time around (space siege, total annihilation, etc.) but it adds up quickly. Many of these I'd pick up in a heartbeat if .99 each.

any opinions on two worlds, sacred and stormrise? is stormrise's controls as bad as the reviews say it is?

any other role playing or strategy recommendations? I'm only looking at sub $5 games. I already have disciples. Might pick up doom3 since never got my CDs to work.

Tony, I think if folks knew a bit more about the options for all those $5 coupons, we would pull the trigger on a few more older titles.

thanks

Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anarchyburger']is your graphics card nvidia? I had a problem with the newest releases where the dx11 version would black screen and crash on start up. I rolled back 2 releases, I don't remember the number cause I'm on mobile but check the steam forums and nvidia forums for more info.[/QUOTE]

No, an MSI Twin Frozr 7950 running 12.11 beta.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 10/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice, haven't seen Risen 2 for below 66% off!

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I'm really hoping to see Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe (or an awesome bundle) and the Alan Wake Franchise bundle![/QUOTE]

Assasins Creed 2 Deluxe and all it's franchise is on sale, just bought it a moment ago.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 10/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

October? Ffffuuuu

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Am I the only one really underwhelmed by this whole sale? The best deal was 25% off Hotline Miami the other day and gamefly had it $1.50 cheaper the next day.

Ah well, guess there's always the steam sale.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on that, Valve has adopted the strangest strategies when it comes to sales. Amazon is rolling over them in the department anyway, I only need an steam like client from amazon and I will start migrating.

[quote name='DonRamon']I wouldn't bet on that, Valve has adopted the strangest strategies when it comes to sales. Amazon is rolling over them in the department anyway, I only need an steam like client from amazon and I will start migrating.[/QUOTE]

Don't talk that crazy talk. There are already plenty of clients. Lets leave that be.

[quote name='voldak']Don't talk that crazy talk. There are already plenty of clients. Lets leave that be.[/QUOTE]
Competition is a fantastic thing in this regard. Amazon seems to be willing to take a smaller cut off of the top to push sales. I can only hope that they will also clean up the digital software/game user sections on their site, or offer a small nimble app to help facilitate product management their customers. Right now, I can't see the downside to this, especially since we are already having to go to the Amazon site as it is to manage our titles, unless they are specific to Origin or Steam, of course.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='voldak']don't talk that crazy talk. There are already plenty of clients. Lets leave that be.[/quote]

[quote name='teenwolf']competition is a fantastic thing in this regard. Amazon seems to be willing to take a smaller cut off of the top to push sales. I can only hope that they will also clean up the digital software/game user sections on their site, or offer a small nimble app to help facilitate product management their customers. Right now, i can't see the downside to this, especially since we are already having to go to the amazon site as it is to manage our titles, unless they are specific to origin or steam, of course.[/quote]

qft

[quote name='teenwolf']Competition is a fantastic thing in this regard. Amazon seems to be willing to take a smaller cut off of the top to push sales. I can only hope that they will also clean up the digital software/game user sections on their site, or offer a small nimble app to help facilitate product management their customers. Right now, I can't see the downside to this, especially since we are already having to go to the Amazon site as it is to manage our titles, unless they are specific to Origin or Steam, of course.[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense when stated this way. I do sometimes forget that I even have some games (not often, but it happens) because they aren't on my steam or origin clients. I just really don't want to get to the point where every site has their own origin/steam-esque client.

They already have that cloud player music/data thing.

Obviously, games are way to big to get integrated into the cloud, but a light client or some more organizational options on the My Games page would be nice and I'm sure they are working on it. If I recall, even the My Games page is relatively new.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Those are ALL some GREAT deals...
Though, I already own ALL of those already. :whistle2:x

Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.

[quote name='puzurinsusinak']Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.[/QUOTE]

+1 for using the phrase crap sandwich.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']+1 for using the phrase crap sandwich.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Speaking of crap sandwiches, Agricultural Simulator 2011 Gold is unavailable, any chance of getting that back in stock Tony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back