Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Plus 2 more Gems:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAHSFAK - $9.99 11/23-11/26

Also during 11/23-11/26 the Paradox War Chest moved from $9.99 to $7.49 and contains:

1. Achtung Panzer 1943 - Not Steam
2. Gettysburg Armored Warfare - Steam
3. Victoria II - Steam
4. Victoria II - A house divided - Steam
5. Hearts of Iron III Collection - Steam
6. King Arthur Collections - Steam
7. King Arthur II - Steam

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
We love you, Tony! :bouncy:
That Paradox War Chest is really a deal (especially with the $5 discount in January). I'm going to get it as soon as it's out, and I might do the same for the Majesty bundle... must... resist... temptation...

[quote name='Mooby']Ah the irony. Can't believe in one sentence you use a word like 'ungrateful' in talking about a commercial transaction (which you recognize in the very next sentence). That's right, sales are a service. Gratitude or appreciation have nothing to do with anything. It doesn't put Amazon out to offer discounts -- they do it to make money. Not that anyone here has a problem with that but I always find it laughable when someone chides people as being 'ungrateful' in regards to for-profit business. They aren't offering these discounts out of the goodness of their own hearts. As such it actually behooves Tony to know what price points are acceptable to people.[/QUOTE]

This. Smart publishers segment the market between early adopters who are willing to pay top dollar for the latest and greatest and consumers who are more price sensitive. Valve has shown that sellers make more money by holding well-publicized, time-limited sales featuring steep discounts. And Tony might be busily eating Valve's lunch by offering even steeper discounts on bundled games right before Valve's next big sale.

The Activisions and Ubis might make more money if they let Tony bundle their older but still popular titles. A sense of entitlement doesn't factor into it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Welcome to the thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, though I've been posting here on and off for a year, I just tend to get ignored. ;)

Question about Civ 5: I've never played a civ game before, does the demo give you a good idea of whether you'd like the game or not? I've always been intrigued from the stories people tell from that game.

I saw on joystiq there was a Max Payne 3 w/season pass for $19.99 but it never said when it would be available.

When's the Take 2 sale gonna happen?

Thanks.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That and I don't even think Tony could pull a Steam ACIII this early in the release cycle. Best deal so far was getting it for 30-40ish after blue coin rebate if you pre ordered from Gamersgate and this was for the UPlay version, not steam.[/QUOTE]

Cool, so the Assassin's Creed titles on Steam doesn't need UPlay?

I thought it was something like GfWl or something and was just planning to wait till it's completely drm free/changed.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Question about Civ 5: I've never played a civ game before, does the demo give you a good idea of whether you'd like the game or not? I've always been intrigued from the stories people tell from that game.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I still believe Civ IV to be a better game, however less good looking.

[quote name='AnatomyHorror']I saw on joystiq there was a Max Payne 3 w/season pass for $19.99 but it never said when it would be available.

When's the Take 2 sale gonna happen?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

afaik, take 2 is on 22.

I'm sure it'll be region locked. :(

What does that mean? That you will only be able to play from the US?

Does anyone know if any Command & Conquer deal is going to happen?

Nice thread :)

[quote name='yangwenli']Cool, so the Assassin's Creed titles on Steam doesn't need UPlay?

I thought it was something like GfWl or something and was just planning to wait till it's completely drm free/changed.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they need uplay.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Question about Civ 5: I've never played a civ game before, does the demo give you a good idea of whether you'd like the game or not? I've always been intrigued from the stories people tell from that game.[/QUOTE]

The demo give a good idea of what the core gameplay is like. It's only 100 turns which isn't nearly enough time to really conquer the world but you get a sense of how to manage your empire, expand, combat, etc.

If you liked the demo then you'll like the full game, and you might as well get G&K because it's dirt dirt dirt cheap now.

I admit the game isn't for everyone. Though some people seem to go into the game thinking it's Call of Duty or something and wonder why 'nothing is happening'. As if going 1 minute without some kind of explosion means the game is broken somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ndawgdrake']@ Mooby & Fox

Just being optimistic here regarding AC3 PC since its as low as $24.99 for the console versions this week.[/QUOTE]

But... the console versions released almost a month ago. PC yesterday. I wouldn't hold my breath. I got a Steam copy off a guy in the Steam Trades thread for $35. I'd try there if you want cheap this early on.

[quote name='DonRamon']And now it is dead?[/QUOTE]

oh is that how these sales are gonna work? are they all gonna be limited supply?
i guess ill just pass on the whole sale if thats the case.

[quote name='DonRamon']And now it is dead?[/QUOTE]

?? I'm showing a buy box??

[quote name='JakeNome']oh is that how these sales are gonna work? are they all gonna be limited supply?
i guess ill just pass on the whole sale if thats the case.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='G_freemanX']No, it is not ( Dead Island GOTY)[/QUOTE]

So, you confirm that? Dead Island GOTY is region free on amazon ?

[quote name='ruuin']So, you confirm that? Dead Island GOTY is region free on amazon ?[/QUOTE]

Activation is 100% sure region locked (not the game itself). Check here.
(It's still far too risky for me)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']?? I'm showing a buy box??

Lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The weirdest thing, when I checked that it said currently unavailable!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']?? I'm showing a buy box??

Lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Part of me thinks he might be serious..

:whistle2:#

I knew Walking Dead was going to go lower than $15 just like Back to the Future did, and it did. Thank you and God bless.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No worries, I checked all our systems and it looks good to go.

Also,

We'll have this for $13.99 starting 11/24-11/25

http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-Maximum-Pack-Download/dp/B0091UOV8M

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, thanks a lot for all the current and upcoming deals. could we request an update to the OP with the new deals/links? particularly the expected popular bundles and titles that will be available in the coming days. I think that would be more useful than the really huge list of so-so offers/titles we have right now. Thanks!

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I think the confusion is from the fact that there are two store pages with dead island GOTY. This page says its unavailable:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-G...F8&qid=1353518901&sr=1-3&keywords=dead+island[/QUOTE]

Ah got it, yeah that's weird and I don't know why we're not twisted with the rest of the versions on the GOTY. I'll follow up shortly. Updating OP with high impact stuff in the next hour or so.

Cheers,
Tony

Just got an email "Amazon Student: Exclusive Deals on Video Games & Console Bundles". The most interesting part for this thread is 66% off the sale price on risen titles. Just got Risen for $1.70 and Risen 2: Dark Waters for $3.40. It looks like these codes are limited to student prime accounts, but this is an amazing deal for those who can get in on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_159950_26851340_pe_ecg/?docId=1000856101&ie=UTF8

Edit: It appears Risen 1 isn't steam activated, still worth it for $1.70 though.

[quote name='JakeNome']oh is that how these sales are gonna work? are they all gonna be limited supply?
i guess ill just pass on the whole sale if thats the case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tjs09']Part of me thinks he might be serious..

:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

as8BY.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, Why is the "Mac" download of Civ 5 Gods and Kings on sale but the PC download isnt. I know from reading reviews that the Mac code in steam will give the PC version but just curious.

[quote name='artean']Hey Tony, Why is the "Mac" download of Civ 5 Gods and Kings on sale but the PC download isnt. I know from reading reviews that the Mac code in steam will give the PC version but just curious.[/QUOTE]

ASPYR licenses the rights to sell the Mac version, so we work with different companies when securing deals on the different versions.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='tossup']Just got an email "Amazon Student: Exclusive Deals on Video Games & Console Bundles". The most interesting part for this thread is 66% off the sale price on risen titles. Just got Risen for $1.70 and Risen 2: Dark Waters for $3.40. It looks like these codes are limited to student prime accounts, but this is an amazing deal for those who can get in on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_159950_26851340_pe_ecg/?docId=1000856101&ie=UTF8

Edit: It appears Risen 1 isn't steam activated, still worth it for $1.70 though.[/QUOTE]

If I didn't read this post, I never would've opened Amazon's e-mail. Which means I never would've gotten that Student Prime promo code. Which means I never would've bought Risen 2: Dark Waters for $3.40.

:D

[quote name='Flyingcow29']So by matching steam does that mean Xcom will be on sale earlier or are we still waiting til Friday?[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are running.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back