Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
what news is there of the ME1 + ME2 + dragon age bundle. Will ME1 and 2 have steam keys or will it be origin? Thanks again to Tony for all the time and effort he puts into this.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, before anyone asks, we're matching Steam :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great news! But would Amazon only match the daily deals or the rest of the deals as well?

[quote name='TraBuch']Risen 2 is now $22.97[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Did I miss out on this? I thought it just went live per an earlier post. :( Either way, anyone have thoughts on this game, particularly post-patch?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
as8BY.jpg

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
If you hadn't posted this, I'd have no idea Steam was having a sale. That's how far off my radar they are..

[quote name='NeoGutsman']D'oh! Did I miss out on this? I thought it just went live per an earlier post. :( Either way, anyone have thoughts on this game, particularly post-patch?[/QUOTE]

Comments from SD:
Agreed, it was kind of a mess when it came out, but they've patched it up I believe and the little time I spent with it I had a great time.

Risen 2 is actually a really fun game. There is a long demo on Steam for it if you want to try it out.

[quote name='mustacheofurioso']I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there any chance that there are more Dreamcast Pack keys incoming?[/QUOTE]

We got a bunch of those games DRM free so we are putting the bundle back up this morning. Anyone who already bought can redownload the DRM free version.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,
Tell Activision to put the new Family Guy game on sale for 75% off. I know it came out yesterday, but no one is buying it and I need something new to play ;)

So far nothing good on the steam sale except for the couple indie sales....too bad amazon doesnt carry much indie titles...

Amazons taking the care so far.

I'm kinda afraid of purchasing Indie Games anymore cause they might end up on a Indie Bundle. From the Steam sale i'm interested on Cave Story but i'm pretty sure i'ts going to be on a Humble Indie Bundle as a bonus.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Will Risen 2 be returning to its 9.99 pricepoint?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this. I just got my student account live and was licking my chops when I see $22.97 and hear the Price is Right "Loser Horn"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We got a bunch of those games DRM free so we are putting the bundle back up this morning. Anyone who already bought can redownload the DRM free version.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I just saw and then quickly purchased the bundle after reading your post. Thanks Tony!

[quote name='arschloch']CheapLikeAFox, I find your animated gif mesmerizing. Can't stop laughing.[/QUOTE]

I have long thought this.
That's just a dead fox with a human's hand up its a$$ and a tongue digitized into the animation, yes?

[quote name='Bizzquik']I have long thought this.
That's just a dead fox with a human's hand up its a$$ and a tongue digitized into the animation, yes?[/QUOTE]

I hope not. That would ruin the whole thing for me!

I have a beagle who has done this before. We often eat on top of our glass coffee table. He sits under the table and stares at the food. A couple of times he has tried to lick the food through the glass. But he didn't look as funny as this fox.

[quote name='jrodri86']I'm kinda afraid of purchasing Indie Games anymore cause they might end up on a Indie Bundle. From the Steam sale i'm interested on Cave Story but i'm pretty sure i'ts going to be on a Humble Indie Bundle as a bonus.[/QUOTE]
Cave Story was already featured in Humble Bundle over a year ago. It may not be in another bundle.

[quote name='pantsattack']Cave Story was already featured in Humble Bundle over a year ago. It may not be in another bundle.[/QUOTE]

Because it was a Humble Bundle I would expect that means it almost will definitely be a BTA bonus in a future Humble Bundle. They like to reuse games as their bonuses. It's one of the few not to show up twice so far.

[quote name='pantsattack']Cave Story was already featured in Humble Bundle over a year ago. It may not be in another bundle.[/QUOTE]

True and even if it ends up in another bundle as a bonus you usually have to have 2+ games in said bundle that you want for it to be worth the price.

Buying indie games individually for $2.50 (75% off) is a safe bet.

[quote name='Mooby']So... Risen 2 price... what's up?[/QUOTE]

That is what is up.. the price for Risen 2... rimshot...

Wild guess because I like to guess wildly, maybe they sent out the coupon early - was supposed to go out tomorrow, hence why it was on sale today and wasn't meant to double stack like it it?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That is what is up.. the price for Risen 2... rimshot...

Wild guess because I like to guess wildly, maybe they sent out the coupon early - was supposed to go out tomorrow, hence why it was on sale today and wasn't meant to double stack like it it?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking OR, Risen was not supposed to be a stand alone deal [hence to why it's not on the first page].

[quote name='crimsonassassin']For those looking to get Risen 2, use the promo code "RISENIIS". The game becomes about $7.80 total then. =)
[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that code works for everyone? I thought it was only for Student Prime members.

Hm, so Dead Island for around 7 bucks, but includes a 5$ credit (I wish I knew what a couple of the possible games would be), versus a likely 5$ price point during the Steam winter sale. Decisions, decisions..

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Are you saying that code works for everyone? I thought it was only for Student Prime members.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I had forgotten I have the student Prime membership (after recently renewing it). So perhaps it only works in that instance. Still I believe it can be used to buy multiple copies as the coupon page implies it can be used to get each of the Risen items. If nothing else, you probably could find someone who had a .edu e-mail and would sign up for the free prime for a year.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Not sure. I had forgotten I have the student Prime membership (after recently renewing it). So perhaps it only works in that instance. Still I believe it can be used to buy multiple copies.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it looks like that's the reason they jacked the price of Risen 2 back up. Ah well, lost a sale from me!

[quote name='Davinatorman']Hm, so Dead Island for around 7 bucks, but includes a 5$ credit (I wish I knew what a couple of the possible games would be), versus a likely 5$ price point during the Steam winter sale. Decisions, decisions..[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for it to be $5, same with Rage.

[quote name='jrodri86']I'm waiting for it to be $5, same with Rage.[/QUOTE]

I was doing the same but realized:
1) this is the GOTY edition [not Dead Island stand alone, which I would pay $5 for], and
2) it's only $1.80 more than $5. I would be willing to pay the extra amount for earlier access.

I know we all have our own bar for buying games, but that was the way I see it.

Tony, I could very well buy XCOM from Steam, but I think I'll get it on Amazon just because of your efforts specifically. Not that supporting one large corporation over another smaller, yet still large private corporation makes a big hill of beans, but if it means you get some good kudos, then so be it.

I'll be holding off for anything $5 or less now since I KNOW XCOM will consume my time. Get me Mark of the Ninja at $5 or less, and we're in business!

[quote name='gilby']From what I understand, the maker of Cave Story was rather unhappy with his Humble Bundle experience, and has spoken out against bundles in general and Humble in particular.

From that, I was thinking Cave Story was rather unlikely to appear in another bundle.

Of course, if I do buy it, I expect it will be in the bonus for HiB 7.[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link for that? I would be interested to read his thoughts since most other devs seem to praise the bundles.

For what it's worth the DLC for Dead Island is pointless/forgettable. You'll have had your fill after putting 20 or so hours into the base game. Don't really need an arena addition, some gimmicky weapons, and a two hour or so single player DLC for a new character with no 'talent tree.'

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I was doing the same but realized:
1) this is the GOTY edition [not Dead Island stand alone, which I would pay $5 for], and
[/QUOTE]

But the Steam version, if I see it correctly, is also GotY at 20 bucks original price, which would likely make it 5 bucks during the winter sale.

[quote name='Davinatorman']But the Steam version, if I see it correctly, is also GotY at 20 bucks original price, which would likely make it 5 bucks during the winter sale.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it.
Amazon has had the better deals when compared to STEAM, and Deep Silver [the publisher] seems to favor 66% off sales over 75% [I've been following DI and Risen series for a while].

I seriously think STEAM Winter Sale will have DI-GOTY for the same price Amazon has it right now; and it will sell like hotcakes.

[quote name='rybrad']Do you have a link for that? I would be interested to read his thoughts since most other devs seem to praise the bundles.[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to google this too. Not finding much

Are we not allowed to use our Amazon Store Card on PC Game Downloads, I can't get it to let me. I try adding it at checkout but it only shows one (of many) cards available.

I have this feeling xcom will be 20-25 ...by years end.

And even then its out of my price range...new to the franchise, despite all the praise its getting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back