Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']Just an FYI for anyone looking to get Need For Speed Most Wanted for the single player. DON"T.
There is pretty much no single player. No story what so ever. You start the game and are simply told to beat the 10 racers on the most wanted list. You find a car, do races for it, rinse and repeat till you have enough points to race against a most wanted driver. You repeat that the entire time.[/QUOTE]
Only 10 racers? What a ripoff, NFS:MW (2005) had 15 bosses on the blacklist to beat.

[quote name='darkling23']Was there a storyline in Burnout Paradise? No.
Was there a storyline in NFS: Hot Pursuit? No.

Racing games don't need a story. That's not what the game is about. I'm not sure what you expect?[/QUOTE]
This! I never understood the story/FMV complaints. I just wanna race. Give a car, track, and opponents. Maybe a simplified but meaningful tuning system (NFS:U2 nailed this imo).

[quote name='AngelsPlight']I beat it in Single player last week and actually found it pretty fun, but it was pretty repetitive. Once you get the Bugatti from Most Wanted 3, you pretty much beat the game...[/QUOTE]
Are the performance problems fixed yet? When I checked forums a week back it didn't seem like they were. TIA

[quote name='MysterD']Well, the thing is - there was a story and personality attached to everyone on The Black List of drivers in SP portion of NFS: Hot Pursuit (2005) by Black Box.
The FMV's and story were way over-the-top, hammy, and actually pretty great.

This is why someone would complain about "lack of story and character" in Most Wanted 2012 - especially when the "Most Wanted" tag/brand-name is attached to it.
It's one of the things the original MW 2005 is most definitely known for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I the storyline in NFS:MW (2005) is the only one I remember (okay, I do remember NFS:TR but it was weak). They did hit of nice balance of "enough to set the mood" without "getting in the way". I suppose in a way NFS:U2 oozes style without a rigid story.

Just picked up Walking Dead looking at how great everyone says it is. The extra $5 credit also pushes Amazon past Steam and any other retailer offering the same price.

And to borrow this quote: Love you Tony, no homo.

[quote name='asheskitty']Only 10 racers? What a ripoff, NFS:MW (2005) had 15 bosses on the blacklist to beat.[/quote]
Hence why one of many reasons I ain't bought it yet.

This! I never understood the story/FMV complaints. I just wanna race. Give a car, track, and opponents. Maybe a simplified but meaningful tuning system (NFS:U2 nailed this imo).
I would expect the lack of story and FMV's in say Burnout: Paradise - different franchise and different game.

Though, Most Wanted 2005 is very well known for its over-the-top, hammy story, outlandish characters on the Black List, and its crazy FMV's. It's one of many things that I loved w/ this racer in particular. I would have liked for this to have returned, if the game is going to use that Most Wanted brand-name that Black Box made famous.

[quote name='darkling23']Was there a storyline in Burnout Paradise? No.
Was there a storyline in NFS: Hot Pursuit? No.

Racing games don't need a story. That's not what the game is about. I'm not sure what you expect?[/QUOTE]

When you call it Most Wanted, you expect it to follow up from the previous one which did have a story and a purpose for what you were doing.

I went in expecting that, not Burnout Paradise 2 basically.

Let's be realistic, almost all new NFS games sucks. My friend was yesterday playing Undergrund 2... 4 hours later we were STILL playing it. I got my hands in a NFS like Undercover... and couldn't resist much time with it. To be honest, compared with the old ones, from MW(2005) to the date they kinda suck.

New great racing series: Dirt.

[quote name='Estbarul']Let's be realistic, almost all new NFS games sucks. My friend was yesterday playing Undergrund 2... 4 hours later we were STILL playing it. I got my hands in a NFS like Undercover... and couldn't resist much time with it. To be honest, compared with the old ones, from MW(2005) to the date they kinda suck.

New great racing series: Dirt.[/QUOTE]

I think underground had a perfect mix of arcade and tuning. They got the mix really messed up after that. and then pretty much dropped it. CArbon was the only one after that that was still a blast, I remember some ridiculous police chases in it.

Favorite of all time was the old NFS with mods. You could download program off of nfscars.com and modify the cars or make your own. I remember making a car they weighed 5 tons and had 5000 hp. every time I hit another car they were fly so high they would leave the screen for several seconds. Crashing through roadblocks was crazy

[quote name='Estbarul']Let's be realistic, almost all new NFS games sucks. My friend was yesterday playing Undergrund 2... 4 hours later we were STILL playing it. I got my hands in a NFS like Undercover... and couldn't resist much time with it. To be honest, compared with the old ones, from MW(2005) to the date they kinda suck.

New great racing series: Dirt.[/QUOTE]

I thought Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon were great.

Undercover....eh, didn't really do anything MW 2005 or Carbon did already. Well, except have Maggie Q in the game, I guess... ;)

NFS: The Run was good and had a great concept, but it really lacks any sort of replay value and actual game length. Doesn't help that probably nobody was really on AutoLog to compete against, either. :p

Well to answer my own question, looks like the $5 for $25 is for physical only. I probably would have gone ahead with X-Com if it did work.

Ugh, I really expected they would have simply updated the framework of NFS:MW (2005) and given us a new city to wreak havoc in. It's safe; it's sensible; it's what players want.

I enjoyed NFS:Carbon as well, though my lasting impression is canyon racing at night in another league/class of the Underground world. I also had a blast in NFS:HP (20120.

I found Undercover dull as hell. I kept waiting for it to throw me a challenge. It never did. Then it ended. It's the only racing game that I breezed through rarely repeating tracks.

I've played the hell out of Dirt 2 and GRID (also their 7-tiered difficultly is awesome). Last time I played Dirt 3 I was getting to grips with the Gymkhana stuff.

No sale on the Dead Island DLC. Boo, why is DLC never on sale?

And I take it that the THQ pack is dead and buried (ran out of keys)? Would have bought Stalker from someone (maybe Space Marine).

[quote name='Umair56']Does the $5 for $25 thing not work on digital downloads? Or is it expired?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Facebook $5 thing mentioned in one of the other threads? if so, it does not work with digital and expires tonight I believe.

Edit: didn't see you reply to your own post.

[quote name='Idiotekque']nd I take it that the THQ pack is dead and buried (ran out of keys)? Would have bought Stalker from someone (maybe Space Marine).[/QUOTE]

It ran through the weekend. I haven't seen further talk of it. The current buzz in that arena is over this possible Humble THQ Bundle.. I still don't believe it, but it does seem more likely since the entry has been around for a couple days, despite the buzz.

[quote name='sharpeone']Are you talking about the Facebook $5 thing mentioned in one of the other threads? if so, it does not work with digital and expires tonight I believe.

Edit: didn't see you reply to your own post.[/QUOTE]

Thats the one I was talking about. Thanks for confirming. I wasn't around when it was discussed.

[quote name='asheskitty']It ran through the weekend. I haven't seen further talk of it. The current buzz in that arena is over this possible Humble THQ Bundle.. I still don't believe it, but it does seem more likely since the entry has been around for a couple days, despite the buzz.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the OP doesn't have an end date on it so I didn't know. Oh well. Already have everything that will supposedly be in the HIB; I just wanted Stalker.

Tony, could you clear up a few things in the front page post? I keep looking at the Kingdoms of Amalur deal and thinking it started on 11/21 - 11/23. It looks like you wrote the price and may have confused it for the date since they both have "11" in them.

I guess they start at 11/26, but you can see it kinda looks off when reading the rest of the deals in that portion of the post. Sorry, for being a backseat poster:ziplip:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, the OP doesn't have an end date on it so I didn't know. Oh well. Already have everything that will supposedly be in the HIB; I just wanted Stalker.[/QUOTE]

You might want to ask around, check the trading threads. Some CAGs were parting out their bundles. Stalker didn't seem to have that much demand. Pretty much everyone wanted Space Marine.

The full story is that the THQ bundle was originally supposed to run from 2PM to 4PM on Friday, but it got extended after the fact.

I can't believe how many people still don't understand that Need for Speed games are made by several different developers. That's why Shift is so different from Hot Pursuit, different developers made them. HP and Most Wanted are Burnout games.

I got the walking dead, I paid a penny more to buy it directly from steam. Sorry but I see no point nor purpose in buying it on amazon for essentially the same price then having through an extra few steps for which there is no benefit to myself.

Its not like supporting amazon is a good cause either.

speaking of good causes, the breast cancer awareness products are a corporate scam and a sham. awareness = / = cure.

[quote name='retrad']I got the walking dead, I paid a penny more to buy it directly from steam. Sorry but I see no point nor purpose in buying it on amazon for essentially the same price then having through an extra few steps for which there is no benefit to myself.

Its not like supporting amazon is a good cause either.

speaking of good causes, the breast cancer awareness products are a corporate scam and a sham. awareness = / = cure.[/QUOTE]

5 dollar coupon is nice incentive.

[quote name='retrad']I got the walking dead, I paid a penny more to buy it directly from steam. Sorry but I see no point nor purpose in buying it on amazon for essentially the same price then having through an extra few steps for which there is no benefit to myself.[/QUOTE]
$5 coupon.

[quote name='aus_nacht']5 dollar coupon is nice incentive.[/QUOTE]

I already have one from the THQ pack... also I guess I should have mentioned I have damn near every game I could ever want on pc.

[quote name='retrad']I already have one from the THQ pack... also I guess I should have mentioned I have damn near every game I could ever want on pc.[/QUOTE]
Could've gotten another.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I can't believe how many people still don't understand that Need for Speed games are made by several different developers. That's why Shift is so different from Hot Pursuit, different developers made them. HP and Most Wanted are Burnout games.[/QUOTE]

We are well aware of that. It's pretty common knowledge. It even shows up in the splash screens every time you load the game. The conversation wasn't about developers. Just to poke at your sloppyness. NFS:Most Wanted was Blackbox, and the recognized game with that title. NFS:Most Wanted (2012) is Criterion.

[quote name='TraBuch']So does Blades of Time activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Yes, but I wouldnt waste my money on it.[/QUOTE]

I "wasted" my money on it back on the Steam Summer Sale, and enjoyed every cent!

So, im new to this $5 promo credit, the games you can use this credit on January are going to be on sale? or normal price?

[quote name='G_freemanX']So, im new to this $5 promo credit, the games you can use this credit on January are going to be on sale? or normal price?[/QUOTE]

Sale price

Can anyone confirm this please?
I have Battlefield 3, no expansion, not even B2K, can i buy the Battlefield 3 Premium edition just for the Premium and give the key of BF3 to a friend?
I am asking this because i "heard" that Premium Edition comes with BF3 Limited Edition ( That comes with Karkand) and the premium service key comes with everything but no Karkand, is that true??

[quote name='G_freemanX']Can anyone confirm this please?
I have Battlefield 3, no expansion, not even B2K, can i buy the Battlefield 3 Premium edition just for the Premium and give the key of BF3 to a friend?
I am asking this because i "heard" that Premium Edition comes with BF3 Limited Edition ( That comes with Karkand) and the premium service key comes with everything but no Karkand, is that true??[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure on the specific details of what you're trying to do and if it's indeed possible, but I do know that activating Battlefield 3 Premium includes all DLC.

[quote name='Fjordson']Tony, Joystiq had GTA: San Andreas for $3.75 and Civ IV Complete Edition for like $8 starting Friday. Are these still a go (and are they Steam versions)? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='boneless']I could've sworn that NFS Most Wanted DD was going to be $20 from Amazon. Did I miss it or it not go live yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yupignome']what happened to the plentiful and pint sized paradox packages that were going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Still updating guys.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still updating guys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tony! I recently got a job and will finally have the money to grab those sweet deals I've been longing for =)

Tony,

I very much appreciate your hard work on the deals, and bringing excitement and joy to mine and everyone's holiday. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to spend time with your friends and family.

Make sure you gets lots of rest tomorrow as I have a feeling Friday [and the weekend] will be a very busy time for you.

Thanks Tony! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still updating guys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I thought I was reading too many threads for a moment there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Someone just PMed me about Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. We'll have this for $5 soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Did I miss this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back