Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Oh well, haven't seen it that cheap before so I'll jump on it for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Steam had it for 2.50 yesterday I believe...so yeah not as cheap..

[quote name='cutter2']This GTA pack looks like it is Steam codes to me.[/QUOTE]

Yup, your right the entire pack is steam. Thanks for correcting me. I was going of the last time it was on sale.. think it was a steam price match.. I didn't get it then cause it was not steam... and was somehow under the impression that amazon did not sell gtaiv with steam keys. Buying mainly for that... La Noire is just a potential bonus.

[quote name='MysterD']Is EA Origin's BF deals listed yet anywhere?[/QUOTE]

No, the deal isn't technically supposed to be known yet. I picked this up from thebore.com; apparently it's an affiliate email.

Beginning on 11/22 at 9pm PST, Origin will be kicking off their holiday promotions. On Black Friday, users can save up to 70%, including 50% on top titles! We will continue the savings with a Sports Buy One Get One Half Off offer over the weekend. Sales will wrap up with a 50% off sale on Cyber Monday. Here are more details on the offers:

• Up to 70% OFF on Top Games at Origin! Valid 9pm PST on 11/22 - 11:59pm PST on 11/23 only.
  • Buy One Get One Half Off at the Origin Sports Weekend Sale! Valid 12am PST on 11/24 - 9pm PST on 11/25 only.
  • Save 50% On More Than 100 Games at Origin! Valid 9pm PST on 11/25 - 11:59pm PST on 11/26 only.

Many of our top titles will be included in these promotions. Here is a small selection of sale titles:

• Need for Speed™ Most Wanted
  • Medal of Honor™ Warfighter
  • The Sims™ 3 Showtime
  • The Sims™ 3 Supernatural
  • NHL® 13
  • Madden NFL 13
  • FIFA Soccer 13

[quote name='DonRamon']Just to confirm, the deals will refresh at around 1am PST, is that right?[/QUOTE]

Tony has dodged all the chronological questions. Maybe he doesn't know or he's not allowed to say.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Tony has dodged all the chronological questions. Maybe he doesn't know or he's not allowed to say.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's both? ;)
I don't know {shrug}

[quote name='monkeyz']I do believe this one was shot down. It is dead b/c of Activision and that is my understanding, now CoD:BO is $19.99 and MW2 will be $9.99 and no bundle.[/QUOTE]
Thats too bad, but thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='MysterD']Thank you for matching Steam's Max Payne 3 (base game) PC download for $15[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 seems to be cheaper on Steam in South America.

be4Qx.png

[quote name='Drabelincoln']and its probably 19 cents in Russia[/QUOTE]

But the difference is that as far as I know, there is no region lock for games purchased in south america, so if you know someone there who could buy it for you (or trade), you'd be getting a better deal.

[quote name='Markos']But the difference is that as far as I know, there is no region lock for games purchased in south america, so if you know someone there who could buy it for you (or trade), you'd be getting a better deal.[/QUOTE]

I think steam can/will delete the games if they catch you though.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Tony has dodged all the chronological questions. Maybe he doesn't know or he's not allowed to say.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm not dodging chronological questions. our deals flip life between midnight and 1am. this just gets asked and answered by someone other than me at least every other page so I figured you guys were getting the answer.

I generally treat this question like "hey does this EA game activate on Steam?".

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TraBuch']Hey Tony, any plans for a Fall of Cybertron deal within the next few months? I know it's Activision so it's pretty unlikely, but thought I'd ask anyways.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming that's a no?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol I'm not dodging chronological questions. our deals flip life between midnight and 1am. this just gets asked and answered by someone other than me at least every other page so I figured you guys were getting the answer.

I generally treat this question like "hey does this EA game activate on Steam?".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I follow this thread pretty regularly and missed that tidbit (probably user error). Might not hurt to have it as a disclaimer in the OP.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm assuming that's a no?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xanchui']It's $30 now.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

[quote name='rybrad']I follow this thread pretty regularly and missed that tidbit (probably user error). Might not hurt to have it as a disclaimer in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had it in the OP for months and didn't really see a difference in people asking. I'll put it back up once this sale is over (I'm out of room in my OP).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I had it in the OP for months and didn't really see a difference in people asking. I'll put it back up once this sale is over (I'm out of room in my OP).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hah, fair enough point now that you mention it, people are real bad about reading the OP sometimes...

[quote name='monkeyz']I do believe this one was shot down. It is dead b/c of Activision and that is my understanding, now CoD:BO is $19.99 and MW2 will be $9.99 and no bundle.[/QUOTE]
Weak. It's frustrating that MW2 has already been sold for $5 on Amazon, yet it never hits that price again. Leave it to Activision...

Anyone confident the Friday sales will start at midnight east coast time?

I'm looking to get Dark Souls PC rumor is it will be 14.99 & activates on steam.

So I'm talking non-lightning sales that are suppose to start Friday, but what time Friday?

[quote name='Terlan']Thats too bad, but thanks for letting me know.[/QUOTE]

Shame agreed, had my eye on that one

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M_F_A_H']Hate to be that guy but are we talking PST or EST?

Cheers,
MIND LINK[/QUOTE]

I'm talking EST. Well we will find out in about 10 minutes

Appreciate the feedback man, if these are online code deals are they good all day?

Like there isn't a limited number your allowed to sell when its just a game code?

Or should I set my alarm for 4am EST

[quote name='Gunnerblink']Appreciate the feedback man, if these are online code deals are they good all day?

Like there isn't a limited number your allowed to sell when its just a game code?

Or should I set my alarm for 4am EST[/QUOTE]

They should last all day...I ordered an insane amount of keys. That being said, I've been surprised twice now by demand so there is a chance we may run out of some keys...unlikely though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='aus_nacht']I think steam can/will delete the games if they catch you though.[/QUOTE]
The in-Steam trade/gift system allows this, how could they delete your games for making use of their own supported feature/functionality? People do this all the time, they won't delete your games. Just make sure you watch out for region locked games.

[quote name='rybrad']I follow this thread pretty regularly and missed that tidbit (probably user error). Might not hurt to have it as a disclaimer in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same, thanks to Tony for answering though, first deal I'm losing sleep about.

[quote name='arschloch']Hey now, the PNW is where it's at!

Sincerely,
West Coast Scum[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm part of that club, too. :D

If it makes anyone feel better, us Seattleites do have to pay tax on Amazon purchases :)

Back on topic: As a heads-up, I am 78 hours into Borderlands 2. I highly recommend the game when the sale hits. It really does feel like a FPS Diablo in that you have really fun action, crazy great loot drops, and characters who have varied skills.

The humor is great and is cleverly crass. Oh, and and you will hate Handsome Jack in the best way possible.

I never play FPS games but this game and the first totally captivated me. Highly recommended. Thanks to Tony for hooking up the upcoming deal!

[quote name='Estbarul']About the Batman Bundle... Does it have the DRM where I can't install it in some specific # of computers?[/QUOTE]

Steam activation.

[quote name='Estbarul']About the Batman Bundle... Does it have the DRM where I can't install it in some specific # of computers?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, both do, and IIRC, Asylum auto renews every 30 days, City does not.

PS
Ninja'd.

Yeah, both activate on steam, but even on steam both will have securom limited activations.

[quote name='DonRamon']Unfortunately, both do, and IIRC, Asylum auto renews every 30 days, City does not.

PS
Ninja'd.

Yeah, both activate on steam, but even on steam both will have securom limited activations.[/QUOTE]
Apparently Arkham City limits revokes as well, 2 total revokes. I think this is ridiculous, you should be able to revoke unlimited times.

Tony, I'll try asking one final time. Hopefully you can let us know the answer.

Can we use the $5 Need for Speed coupon with NFS Most Wanted when it goes on sale? The coupon was sent out to people that purchased the NFS package that went on sale a month or so ago.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Tony, I'll try asking one final time. Hopefully you can let us know the answer.

Can we use the $5 Need for Speed coupon with NFS Most Wanted when it goes on sale? The coupon was sent out to people that purchased the NFS package that went on sale a month or so ago.[/QUOTE]

My bad dude I thought I answered this. I'm actually not sure on the coupon, you could actually check now by just going to the checkout page for NFS:MW and see if the credit is applied. If it is applied now it should be tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My bad dude I thought I answered this. I'm actually not sure on the coupon, you could actually check now by just going to the checkout page for NFS:MW and see if the credit is applied. If it is applied now it should be tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Tony. I just tried it and it does apply the $5 credit. I'll try again when the sale starts. I figured that the coupon may not work because there was already a promotion (the Black Friday sale) on the game and sometimes retailers limit the stacking you can do. Thanks again for all the deals!

Did anyone who bought the Forge 2-pack for $19.99 get a credit when it dropped to $14.99?

I haven't yet and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Hey Tony, I've seen a few people asking; and I'd like to know as well. Did you manage to score steam keys for all the games in Sonic Action Pack? Last time you mentioned it you said you were working on it. I'd snap it up if this was the case. Cheers!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Apparently Arkham City limits revokes as well, 2 total revokes. I think this is ridiculous, you should be able to revoke unlimited times.[/QUOTE]

I knew there was a reason I hadn't bought AC yet, but I forgot till you mentioned this.
Yup I'm also passing for now

[quote name='ChestyMan']I knew there was a reason I hadn't bought AC yet, but I forgot till you mentioned this.
Yup I'm also passing for now[/QUOTE]

This is one of the great things about having such a huge backlog, I can quite easily ignore games with crappy DRM. At some point the publisher will come to their senses and remove that crap, at which point they can have my money. Until then, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back