Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it terrible that i already played both batmen on console, but i can't pass up playing the PC version. Hey Tony, will there be any deals on that DLC for Arkham City. Or maybe you can remember how everyone on CAG bought the regular version of AC and set up a special DLC bundle for us.

This is random, ever thought about naming a bundle after yourself? "Tony's GGGRRRREEEEAT bundle", The "Yes it redeems on steam" bundle or "The bundle that will get you banned on Neogaf".

This is tony's theme song, or better yet, tony covers this song every day he does his job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcbIBnPrOTA

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Amen. Washington State Pride!! Go Huskies![/QUOTE]
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that our good friend Tony is also from Seattle ;)

My apologies if this has been asked before, just wondering before the sale on Need for Speed: Most Wanted goes live:

The image for the product shows the Limited Edition, but the description does not include this. Does the downloadable version include the LE content?

Can Anyone confirm if any of the Crisis games will activate on Steam? Yes I'm aware they are EA games, but there's a not on Crisis 1 that it doesn't require nor active via orgin, so I'm asking if either 1 or 2 is Steam redeemable.

Thanks.

[quote name='Isaccard']Can Anyone confirm if any of the Crisis games will activate on Steam? Yes I'm aware they are EA games, but there's a not on Crisis 1 that it doesn't require nor active via orgin, so I'm asking if either 1 or 2 is Steam redeemable.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

99% sure they're Origin.

It's unfortunate that some of you will miss out on the Batman games, as they are god damn excellent.

I see quite a bit of hand-wringing over "I only get 50 activations and as I reinstall my OS every 36 hours, that is a problem" but not a lot of people actually posting that they ever had a legitimate problem actually using it. I draw the line at certain DRM methods (always on), but this one seems largely irrelevant.

[quote name='Isaccard']Can Anyone confirm if any of the Crisis games will activate on Steam? Yes I'm aware they are EA games, but there's a not on Crisis 1 that it doesn't require nor active via orgin, so I'm asking if either 1 or 2 is Steam redeemable.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

neither is steam redeemable and the first one isn't even origin redeemable, you have to go through CS to get a key for it

According to the Big DRM List, they increased the activation limits for Arkham City. "5 machine limit, 10 activations per machine" They don't mention the revoke limit, but I'm not sure if they ever did.

And I don't think this was mentioned, but Arkham Asylum GOTY activations don't reset per month:

• Non-GotY Edition: 4 activations per month. A revoke tool is available in your Steam Tools section.
  • GotY Edition: 4 machine limit. Revoke using /revoke parameter.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']when will the batman pack price update, it is 11/23 right?[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting to get it for a friend

DS:ptD is live =)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there, good question.

So the reason you can see prices taking 40-1/hr to propagate isn't anything to do with manual work vs. automation but rather one of latency in automation.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the explanation!

[quote name='jatan11t']For the Total War Bundle + Viking + TW Battles Pack, which games are steam redeemable?[/QUOTE]

Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 are steamworks, and thus require steam. No clue on the rest.

King Arthur Collection does not include King Arthur 2 right? Because the one in Steam includes KA2 and it's DLC as well.

Anyone know?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I see quite a bit of hand-wringing over "I only get 50 activations and as I reinstall my OS every 36 hours, that is a problem" but not a lot of people actually posting that they ever had a legitimate problem actually using it. [/QUOTE]

Why would I want to give a company money for an inferior/defective/limited product that does NOTHING to stop piracy, and only serves to annoy/punish legitimate purchasers? Publishers will figure it out eventually. People just want to play games, and not deal with this kind of crap. I haven't had an activation problem with any game, because I either don't buy them, or buy them and immediately apply a crack to circumvent shitty DRM.

[quote name='frozened']King Arthur Collection does not include King Arthur 2 right? Because the one in Steam includes KA2 and it's DLC as well.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

It does not, that is why KA2 is listed in the package. And it is just the base game, no DLC. In fact, when I goto the KA collection in my library, and goto "store page" it doesn't find anything, and reverts to the store home page. I think the Amazon keys are from the old "collection" before KA2 came out.

[quote name='travathian']It does not, that is why KA2 is listed in the package. And it is just the base game, no DLC. In fact, when I goto the KA collection in my library, and goto "store page" it doesn't find anything, and reverts to the store home page. I think the Amazon keys are from the old "collection" before KA2 came out.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? It has to include the DLC, otherwise why would it be called a collection?

If you look at the image, it says it includes all the DLC on the red band in the bottom right corner

[quote name='travathian']It does not, that is why KA2 is listed in the package. And it is just the base game, no DLC. In fact, when I goto the KA collection in my library, and goto "store page" it doesn't find anything, and reverts to the store home page. I think the Amazon keys are from the old "collection" before KA2 came out.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Thanks!

[quote name='jatan11t']Seriously? It has to include the DLC, otherwise why would it be called a collection?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the KA2. So, no KA2 DLC.

[quote name='frozened']King Arthur Collection does not include King Arthur 2 right? Because the one in Steam includes KA2 and it's DLC as well.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I wondered that myself, but I checked out the STEAM "King Arthur Collection" and it actually includes ALL the King Arthur games [1 and 2] and DLC for both games.

If you look at the retail box image on the Amazon page for "King Arthur Collections", you'll see that it states it includes: King Arthur 1, Saxons expansion, and Druids expansion.
http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-Arthur-Collections-Download/dp/B00A7YY3NY/ref=dsvbl_item_3
In addition, it looks like the bundle only includes King Arthur 2 stand alone.

I too was hoping it would include all the KA1 DLCs and expansions, but overall it's still a pretty good set.

Tony Thx for all this great deals and job.

The Batman AC DLC's will be on sale until 11/26 ? Did you have plans to launch the other 2 DLC's or maybe make DLC bundle for this? :p

Thought this was pretty funny - this deal isn't live until Monday, but if you click on the Harry Potter bundle...

"
Total Individual Price: $17.50
Bundle Price: $69.97"

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's unfortunate that some of you will miss out on the Batman games, as they are god damn excellent.

I see quite a bit of hand-wringing over "I only get 50 activations and as I reinstall my OS every 36 hours, that is a problem" but not a lot of people actually posting that they ever had a legitimate problem actually using it. I draw the line at certain DRM methods (always on), but this one seems largely irrelevant.[/QUOTE]
The last time I checked, the description of the DRM for Arkham city suggested that you literally have a limited number of installs; Not only at one time, but ever. And that's on top of two other layers of DRM, if you have the steam version. There's plenty of DRM that I can deal with, but that's utterly ridiculous.

Does the King Arthur Collection include "King Arthur Fallen Champions" which is apparently a stand alone expansion?

It's another thing that's listed under the "King Arthur Collection" on Steam, so that's why I'm curious.

[quote name='kof91']Anyone knows what does king arthur collection includes?
the description from the product page is not saying what is included in the collection, in steam the collection includes KA II and all the dlcs.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-Arthur-Collections-Download/dp/B00A7YY3NY/ref=dsvbl_item_3[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Does the King Arthur Collection include "King Arthur Fallen Champions" which is apparently a stand alone expansion?

It's another thing that's listed under the "King Arthur Collection" on Steam, so that's why I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I wondered that myself, but I checked out the STEAM "King Arthur Collection" and it actually includes ALL the King Arthur games [1 and 2] and DLC for both games.

If you look at the retail box image on the Amazon page for "King Arthur Collections", you'll see that it states it includes: King Arthur 1, Saxons expansion, and Druids expansion.
http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-Arthur-Collections-Download/dp/B00A7YY3NY/ref=dsvbl_item_3
In addition, it looks like the bundle only includes King Arthur 2 stand alone.

I too was hoping it would include all the KA1 DLCs and expansions, but overall it's still a pretty good set.[/QUOTE]

My response is only a few posts above yours. Also see zmaj response above me

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anything in the Bioware Bundle activate on Origin? (All of it?) I know these games are kinda dated, actually- I know Dragon Age 2 has to be Origin... but will the other 3 activate to Steam, or all Origin?

I'm kinda lukewarm on $14.99, but I do not own any of these games (played DA:O on PS3- but I suspect that PC+mods+Ultimate Edition should count it as a new game)- $14.99 isn't bad for 4 new, generally positively received, games. I guess DA2 could be argued as a flop- but it seems like it may not be a Diablo 3 style dog turd at least?

Thanks!

[quote name='Katiklysm']
I'm kinda lukewarm on $14.99, but I do not own any of these games (played DA:O on PS3- but I suspect that PC+mods+Ultimate Edition should count it as a new game)- $14.99 isn't bad for 4 new, generally positively received, games. I guess DA2 could be argued as a flop- but it seems like it may not be a Diablo 3 style dog turd at least?
[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played them yet, $15 is well worth the content. DA2 is a good game on it's own, it's just not a very good sequel to DA:Origins. If I didn't already have these, I'd jump on 'em.

[quote name='Katiklysm']Does anything in the Bioware Bundle activate on Origin? (All of it?) I know these games are kinda dated, actually- I know Dragon Age 2 has to be Origin... but will the other 3 activate to Steam, or all Origin?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
i just bought it, mass effect 2 and both dragon age games activated on orgin (not sure only about mass effect 1 which i already owned so i have no way to test it myself. but most likely it also activates there)

[quote name='Katiklysm']Does anything in the Bioware Bundle activate on Origin? (All of it?) I know these games are kinda dated, actually- I know Dragon Age 2 has to be Origin... but will the other 3 activate to Steam, or all Origin?
[/QUOTE]

All but Mass Effect 1 activate directly on Origin. To activate ME1, use this link or contact their live support.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']My response is only a few posts above yours. Also see zmaj response above me[/QUOTE]
sorry I missed your respond, jus press post without refreshing first.
I doubt they will give KA2 twice.. as there is a separate KA2 listed in the bundle
on steam there is now 4 dlcs for KA1 I wonder if this collection will include those as well, from the cover image is just saxon and druid dlc..
/edit
I meant the artifact dlcs

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAIJJCW?tag=cheapassgam08-20

maybe Tony can help us find out what is included?

[quote name='kof91']sorry I missed your respond, jus press post without refreshing first.
I doubt they will give KA2 twice.. as there is a separate KA2 listed in the bundle
on steam there is now 4 dlcs for KA1 I wonder if this collection will include those as well, from the cover image is just saxon and druid dlc..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAIJJCW?tag=cheapassgam08-20

maybe Tony can help us find out what is included?[/QUOTE]

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24470/

This is King Arthur Collection I had a long time ago and it seems include in that bundle.

Look like a standalone collection for me.

Something telling not to buy DS: PtD just cause of the backlog.

Anyways, the Kingdom of Amalur deal should be listed on the first page Tony, lotta people looking forward to that one.

[quote name='MC Kage']Something telling not to buy DS: PtD just cause of the backlog.

Anyways, the Kingdom of Amalur deal should be listed on the first page Tony, lotta people looking forward to that one.[/QUOTE]

Too bad it's Origin only.

[quote name='Isaccard']Too bad it's Origin only.[/QUOTE]

Still a great deal. Base game+all DLC for $11.99 sounds pretty good to me. plus Origin already had the greatest fall prices ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back