Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rieper']How "current" are you assuming? I purchased the Square Enix Ultimate Collection on July 5th (so 3 days ago), and just tried activating it on steam - nope doesnt work![/QUOTE]

The steam key must've been added to the pack the day after you bought it. Check the post history of the thread, and you'll see people didn't start reporting that it activated on Steam until the 6th.

[quote name='CheapyD']Amalur is so pretty on PC. So much nicer looking than the console versions.[/QUOTE]
Even more so true, if you got a high-end PC.
We're WAY beyond on the PC w/ what's been going on w/ those aging consoles.

If you have a decent enough PC, crank those graphical settings up in the Amalur's in-game settings. If it runs smooth maxed-out, great! :D

If it still runs very nice w/ in-game settings maxed, I'd suggest you crank them up even further in your Video Card's Control Settings - i.e. NVidia cards uses NVidia Control Panel; ATI uses ATI Catalyst Control.

I wasn't super impressed w/ Amalur's graphics w/ just the in-game settings (there wasn't many there), but it did look much better w/ also forcing things up through the Video Card's Control Settings - that'd be the NVidia Control Panel for me, since I have a GF GTX 560 Ti.

Enjoy the game! I think it was pretty damn good, myself.

[quote name='FQRizzo']So is the THQ bundle Steam? That info has seemed to of disappeared...[/QUOTE]

Yes I just bought it and everything activated on Steam just fine. :D

[quote name='jshackles']Yes I just bought it and everything activated on Steam just fine. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I picked up the THQ bundle, but I'm not interested in:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Nexuiz

If anybody wants them for $2.50 a piece, PM me.

Hi Tony I would like to buy Bishock 1 + 2 at $7.49 but the securom only version, not the steam version, and its currently unavailable, can you do something about it? Thanks

Also is GTA4 going to be $5 any time soon? (not steam steam version)?

Hey guys, haven't gotten back up on this thread since; but thanks for the responses on my questions about the Rockstar Classics pack the other week, which made my decision to get it an easy one. :)

I have a quick mostly opinion based question on the THQ Action pack that's on sale currently. It seems like an incredible price for those 5 games but the only one I've really been wanting to play is Darksiders. However, out of the other 4 after having looked at some gameplay videos, Red Faction: Armageddon and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance look like games I could definitely enjoy assuming that they are genuinely good games for their respective genres as I love good TPS games and I love good RTS games. I'm not that big on FPS games; but I still enjoy a good one every now and then so Metro 2033 and Nexuiz are games that I'm sure I would eventually give a try and could enjoy if I were to get the pack and they don't look bad from the gameplay videos I've watched.

My main question is what opinions do you guys have of games besides Darksiders in respects to their genres assuming that you are a fan and/or play a decent amount of games in those genres - how do these hold up comparatively? And based on this, would it be worth it for me to drop the $15 on this bundle or just say, wait for Darksiders to go on sale on Steam, which I honestly couldn't see be any cheaper (or as cheap for that matter) on a per game basis as buying it along with the other games in this pack since based on the Steam prices for all of this content combined, it's roughly an 84% discount, which I doubt Darksiders alone or bundled would see even during the heralded Summer Sale, being heavily assumed to be starting next Thursday (and I realize that Supreme Commander: FA is the only one that activates on Steam at least according to the "system requirements" listed on Amazon, but I'm not one of those people where "if it's on Steam, I just HAVE to get it for Steam" unless there is a huge game specific reason, i.e. a game that was released too early and still getting a lot of patches for stability, etc.)?

Anyway, sorry for the mouthful; but just wanted to be thorough so I don't come off as basically just putting my complete judgement of the value of a game or set of games in other peoples' opinions; but do value other peoples' opinions when it comes to those who enjoy the same types/genres of games that I do and have played games in those genres that I haven't. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='ev768']Here is the email I sent:

Hi, I bought the Square Enix bundle and the Tomb Raider: Underworld key did not activate with steam. However, the bundle has since been updated and now the keys DO activate on steam. This has been confirmed by an Amazon representative as seen here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9763302&postcount=5652

Is it possible for you to send me a new Tomb Raider: Underworld key that activates on steam?

Thank you.

Here was the response I got back:

Hello,

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with "Tomb Raider Underworld".

I have researched our website and can confirm you this game's not steam enabled and doesn't require any steam activation.

Also, please be informed that the statement posted is not from Amazon official Rep. Amazon.com does not comment about rumors or speculative news reports.

However, I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

I'll write back to you once I get an update from the technical team in 2-3 business days.

I understand that asking you to wait further would add to your inconvenience, please do understand that our team is already looking into this issue and resolving such issues is on our priority.

I'm sorry I couldn't resolve the issue right away. I appreciate your patience and understanding towards this issue.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Apparently Tony isn't an official Amazon rep ;). My advice would be to try to talk to a different customer service rep, there are always going to be ones that don't know what they're talking about when dealing with any customer service, including Amazon's.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there will be a brown box on my desk when I show up tomorrow? ;)

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi Tony I would like to buy Bishock 1 + 2 at $7.49 but the securom only version, not the steam version, and its currently unavailable, can you do something about it? Thanks

Also is GTA4 going to be $5 any time soon? (not steam steam version)?[/QUOTE]

GTA 4 won't be on sale for $5 in the immediate future (at least nothing I have planned).

EDIT: Bioshock Pack is up:

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-41039k-Dual-Pack1/dp/B008235PQQ/ THIS IS THE NON STEAM VERSION

The sale runs through 7/14 though, so I'll ping the OPS guys tomorrow and see what's up.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know if I get it up today.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='JanusDS']Hey guys, haven't gotten back up on this thread since; but thanks for the responses on my questions about the Rockstar Classics pack the other week, which made my decision to get it an easy one. :)

I have a quick mostly opinion based question on the THQ Action pack that's on sale currently. It seems like an incredible price for those 5 games but the only one I've really been wanting to play is Darksiders. However, out of the other 4 after having looked at some gameplay videos, Red Faction: Armageddon and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance look like games I could definitely enjoy assuming that they are genuinely good games for their respective genres as I love good TPS games and I love good RTS games. I'm not that big on FPS games; but I still enjoy a good one every now and then so Metro 2033 and Nexuiz are games that I'm sure I would eventually give a try and could enjoy if I were to get the pack and they don't look bad from the gameplay videos I've watched.

My main question is what opinions do you guys have of games besides Darksiders in respects to their genres assuming that you are a fan and/or play a decent amount of games in those genres - how do these hold up comparatively? And based on this, would it be worth it for me to drop the $15 on this bundle or just say, wait for Darksiders to go on sale on Steam, which I honestly couldn't see be any cheaper (or as cheap for that matter) on a per game basis as buying it along with the other games in this pack since based on the Steam prices for all of this content combined, it's roughly an 84% discount, which I doubt Darksiders alone or bundled would see even during the heralded Summer Sale, being heavily assumed to be starting next Thursday (and I realize that Supreme Commander: FA is the only one that activates on Steam at least according to the "system requirements" listed on Amazon, but I'm not one of those people where "if it's on Steam, I just HAVE to get it for Steam" unless there is a huge game specific reason, i.e. a game that was released too early and still getting a lot of patches for stability, etc.)?

Anyway, sorry for the mouthful; but just wanted to be thorough so I don't come off as basically just putting my complete judgement of the value of a game or set of games in other peoples' opinions; but do value other peoples' opinions when it comes to those who enjoy the same types/genres of games that I do and have played games in those genres that I haven't. Thanks guys! :)[/QUOTE]

To clarify, the entire THQ pack activates on Steam.

I'll add this to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='JanusDS']would it be worth it for me to drop the $15 on this bundle or just say, wait for Darksiders to go on sale on Steam, which I honestly couldn't see be any cheaper (or as cheap for that matter) on a per game basis as buying it along with the other games in this pack since based on the Steam prices for all of this content combined, it's roughly an 84% discount, which I doubt Darksiders alone or bundled would see even during the heralded Summer Sale, being heavily assumed to be starting next Thursday[/QUOTE]

I'd bet you could get Darksiders for 75% off by itself in the Summer Sale.

I've been pondering this bundle too. The dilemma is to buy Tony's pack or wait for this bundle: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/15343/page:1 in the Steam Sale. I just don't know, lol. The Steam bundle misses out on Red Faction, but gains Homefront and Stalker. My nephew would enjoy Space Marine and Titan Quest, but CoH and Warhammer would prolly just sit around in my steam library. Assuming that the Steam bundle gets an 83% discount would put it's price at ~$36... Tony's bundle + Homefront and the Stalker bundle($7.50ish each and both are on my to buy list) is $30. Soooo $6 and Red Faction vs. -Red Faction, +Titan Quest, + DoW2 Retribution, + CoH, + Space Marine..

*sigh* I'm spending to much time thinking about this stuff and not enough playing.

P.S. First CAG post, yay

P.P.S. I'd like to join the Thanks Tony bandwagon. You've got me for the Bioshock bundle, 2x Square bundle(1 was traded), X-Com bundle(traded), and the pint sized Paradox pack. Someone go update the wikipedia post on Customer Service to include Tony's work as an example of how it should be done. And if you need a reference come performance review time I'm your gal ;)

[quote name='JanusDS']Hey guys, haven't gotten back up on this thread since; but thanks for the responses on my questions about the Rockstar Classics pack the other week, which made my decision to get it an easy one. :)

Anyway, sorry for the mouthful; but just wanted to be thorough so I don't come off as basically just putting my complete judgement of the value of a game or set of games in other peoples' opinions; but do value other peoples' opinions when it comes to those who enjoy the same types/genres of games that I do and have played games in those genres that I haven't. Thanks guys! :)[/QUOTE]

Metro is technically a FPS but is not the typical kind. It's much more horror/ atmospehere dependant so don't dismiss just because you're also shooting. It's not a run and gun Call of Duty type game or anything.

Supreme Commander is still regarded as one of the best RTS. Back when it launched it was the Crysis of RTS games (in a "Can your computer run Supreme Commander?") way. It has a rather large following still. The only thing I can say negatively about Forged Alliance is that you're going to miss out on the single player campaigns from the base game, and the multiplayer, while generally still alive, is mostly full of the hardcore and so not a good place to start for a beginner.

Nexuiz I haven't played yet. Red Faction I played for a bit on Onlive when it was added to their playpack thing, and I thought it was quite fun. Linear, and the story seemed dull, but the weapons you get were very amusing. Am actually trying to make a trade for the game now so that should say enough about how much I liked it, that I want to own it now.

[quote name='Seraphym']I'd bet you could get Darksiders for 75% off by itself in the Summer Sale.

I've been pondering this bundle too. The dilemma is to buy Tony's pack or wait for this bundle: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/15343/page:1 in the Steam Sale. I just don't know, lol. The Steam bundle misses out on Red Faction, but gains Homefront and Stalker. My nephew would enjoy Space Marine and Titan Quest, but CoH and Warhammer would prolly just sit around in my steam library. Assuming that the Steam bundle gets an 83% discount would put it's price at ~$36... Tony's bundle + Homefront and the Stalker bundle($7.50ish each and both are on my to buy list) is $30. Soooo $6 and Red Faction vs. -Red Faction, +Titan Quest, + DoW2 Retribution, + CoH, + Space Marine..

*sigh* I'm spending to much time thinking about this stuff and not enough playing.

P.S. First CAG post, yay

P.P.S. I'd like to join the Thanks Tony bandwagon. You've got me for the Bioshock bundle, 2x Square bundle(1 was traded), X-Com bundle(traded), and the pint sized Paradox pack. Someone go update the wikipedia post on Customer Service to include Tony's work as an example of how it should be done. And if you need a reference come performance review time I'm your gal ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

1. Congrats on your first post! Yay!!!
2. You have until 7/14 to buy the THQ pack so you could wait until after the Steam sale starts for a couple of days, see how much their THQ pack is, and weigh the benefits (assuming the start date is before the 14th).
3. Thanks for the kind words :) I'm already on the "CAG IS AWESOME" bandwagon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Seraphym']I'd bet you could get Darksiders for 75% off by itself in the Summer Sale.

P.S. First CAG post, yay

P.P.S. I'd like to join the Thanks Tony bandwagon. You've got me for the Bioshock bundle, 2x Square bundle(1 was traded), X-Com bundle(traded), and the pint sized Paradox pack. Someone go update the wikipedia post on Customer Service to include Tony's work as an example of how it should be done. And if you need a reference come performance review time I'm your gal ;)[/QUOTE]

I think Tony's suggestion to wait until the Steam sale goes live is a good one. I think the cheapest I've seen a THQ complete bundle like that on Steam is $50, but it could be cheaper this year so you never know.

P.S. First CAG post, yay

[/QUOTE]

Just want to say the idea that Steam would put that bundle up for 83% off is pretty much ridiculous. Steam pricing is typically $50 for a bundle of this size and recency from THQ, so good luck waiting.

Also, if anyone wants to split the THQ action pack, I'm interested in Darksiders. :D PM me if you want to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a bundle, get it from Amazon. Not to knock their individual prices but that is where Amazon has excelled lately when it comes to older games. No other sites come close to matching the value in their bundles, provided you don't have the games.

[quote name='randomdud']Just want to say the idea that Steam would put that bundle up for 83% off is pretty much ridiculous. Steam pricing is typically $50 for a bundle of this size and recency from THQ, so good luck waiting.

Also, if anyone wants to split the THQ action pack, I'm interested in Darksiders and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (Might be done for the SCFA key). :D PM me if you want to sell.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they priced their THQ bundle at 70ish USD during the winter sale, so I expect it to be the same price. It's possible they didn't finish adding games to the pack. I fully expected them to have Saints Row 3 in this pack. If it is just those games though, it would make more sense for it to be 50. Either way, it's not a better deal than the amazon one.

[quote name='sunghost']The steam key must've been added to the pack the day after you bought it. Check the post history of the thread, and you'll see people didn't start reporting that it activated on Steam until the 6th.[/QUOTE]

fml -.-

This is the post from Steam forums where the guy shows Amazon's response to issue him a new Tomb Raider Underworld key, if it helps anyone:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31561291&postcount=12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your product key for Tomb Raider Underworld.

To resolve this issue, I have requested a new product key from the game manufacturer which is now available in Your Games and Software Library.

To retrieve your new product key, visit Your Games and Software Library (www.amazon.com/YourGamesAndSoftware) and locate Tomb Raider: Underworld in the list. Click "View product key" to retrieve your new product key.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This is the post from Steam forums where the guy shows Amazon's response to issue him a new Tomb Raider Underworld key, if it helps anyone:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31561291&postcount=12[/QUOTE]

Honestly, from the wording of the response sounds like the original message was something along the lines of "my key isn't working, it's supposed to activate on steam and it doesn't." Looks like the guy here got shut down because he tried to explain the situation honestly, which is what should happen considering this is a glitch/stroke of luck for those who got the Steam keys for TR U.

[quote name='Ramun Flame']Actually, they priced their THQ bundle at 70ish USD during the winter sale, so I expect it to be the same price. It's possible they didn't finish adding games to the pack. I fully expected them to have Saints Row 3 in this pack. If it is just those games though, it would make more sense for it to be 50. Either way, it's not a better deal than the amazon one.[/QUOTE]
Actually, Steam typically choose to remove certain games and add other games for different sale prices and vary packs for different sales. For that reason, I'd say the listing is probably complete for the Summer sale and the $50 estimate makes sense. Also, I think THQ's financial situation would appreciate more sales rather than a giant bundle for a higher price, so that also leans toward the $50 price point.

EDIT: Also, Saint's Row is probably their current biggest product, so an individual bundle for SR3 + DLC generates more revenue than including it elsewhere.

[quote name='Fozbot']Does SC:FA include the base game? Reports on reddit.com suggest you get both, but some people say no.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/w7r9e/thq_action_pack_for_82_off_plus_a_5_credit/[/QUOTE]

It's luck but probably NOT. It USED TO back when amazon had it on sale a few months back, but recently people have reported it no longer does so.

EDIT:
And just to confirm I bought the pack not a minute ago, activated the key on Steam, and it DOES NOT have Supreme Commander, just Forged Alliance. If that was a determining factor for anyone (which it really shouldn't be since the bundle is crazy either way).

If someone is interested in the base game for Supreme Commander, I'd sell a Steam key I have ($2.50 Amazon gift card or Paypal Gift) or trade it for something small. PM me.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Im so on the fence....Spec Ops or BD....decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

Well, from the comments on the thread Spec Ops seems to get generally mor enthusiastic reviews, but Binary Domain seems to have pleasantly surprised most who played it. Spec Ops will probably be cheaper come november or december, while given Squeenix, this probably is the best price BD will have for a while.

Tony,

Any chance we could have the Shogun 2 DLC (such as the Hattori clan pack) included in the sale? I know Rise of the Samurai is currently on sale but I was wondering about the other DLC.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, from the comments on the thread Spec Ops seems to get generally mor enthusiastic reviews, but Binary Domain seems to have pleasantly surprised most who played it. Spec Ops will probably be cheaper come november or december, while given Squeenix, this probably is the best price BD will have for a while.[/QUOTE]

I finished Binary Domain today.
Overall, yeah - the SP Campaign was pretty good.
Easily worth the $10.

I haven't bought Spec Ops: The Line...yet. Waiting for more price-drops on it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Honestly, from the wording of the response sounds like the original message was something along the lines of "my key isn't working, it's supposed to activate on steam and it doesn't." Looks like the guy here got shut down because he tried to explain the situation honestly, which is what should happen considering this is a glitch/stroke of luck for those who got the Steam keys for TR U.[/QUOTE]
This was the original message, according to that poster:

Hi, I bought the Square Enix bundle and the Tomb Raider: Underworld key did not activate with steam. However, the bundle has since been updated and now the keys DO activate on steam. This has been confirmed by an Amazon representative as seen here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...postcount=5652

Is it possible for you to send me a new Tomb Raider: Underworld key that activates on steam?

Thank you

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31561183&postcount=10

[quote name='randomdud']Actually, Steam typically choose to remove certain games and add other games for different sale prices and vary packs for different sales. For that reason, I'd say the listing is probably complete for the Summer sale and the $50 estimate makes sense. Also, I think THQ's financial situation would appreciate more sales rather than a giant bundle for a higher price, so that also leans toward the $50 price point.

EDIT: Also, Saint's Row is probably their current biggest product, so an individual bundle for SR3 + DLC generates more revenue than including it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate the info from all the responders. I was just going on the assumption that all of these older games see 75% off. So a bundle would at least match that if not be a slightly bigger discount. Anyway, like Tony said, I'll just wait, until the steam sale starts, and see :)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This was the original message, according to that poster:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31561183&postcount=10[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, well that original message isn't straight up shady, but there definitely is some gray area/ambiguity in the implications. So it seems it's a luck of the draw as some CSRs will take it as "key not working right, here is a new one" while others may be a bit more informed on the situation or a bit less willing to be helpful and might not.

[quote name='Corpekata']Fall of the Samurai is not really a DLC. It's an Expandalone, which is likely why it's getting featured.[/QUOTE]

Does Fall of Samurai take up another 20-something GB, too? :whistle2:x
If I recall, TW: Shogun 2 took up A LOT.

Wait, I thought the Paradox packs were through the entirety of the sale? Did I read that wrong? I could've sworn they were under the "through the 14th" column. Super disappointing.

Between this and the Arma 2 shortage that occurred when it was $15, it feels like the only sure way to get something is the very moment it becomes available.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Wait, I thought the Paradox packs were through the entirety of the sale? Did I read that wrong? I could've sworn they were under the "through the 14th" column. Super disappointing.

Between this and the Arma 2 shortage that occurred when it was $15, it feels like the only sure way to get something is the very moment it becomes available.[/QUOTE]

First, I'm not sure what dates I had up there originally for the Paradox stuff but it was the Deal of the Week last week, which ended yesterday. I already deleted it from the OP but I'll check to see if I noted it in the thread as well.

Second, I can understand your frustration, both with the Arma 2 keys and the feeling like the only way to get something is to get it as soon as it comes out feeling.

I can assure that:

1. I'm more frustrated than you about Arma II.
2. It isn't/wasn't my intent to mislead anyone about dates, if errors occurred it was due to the crazy nature of this particular deal and the constant changing and re-arranging of dates. I don't think there's a particular system I can put in place to mitigate this, other than to stop adding end dates to promotions when I pre-announce them, which is something I think I'm going to test with our next promo.

Again, sorry for the confusion man.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Does Fall of Samurai take up another 20-something GB, too? :whistle2:x
If I recall, TW: Shogun 2 took up A LOT.[/QUOTE]

No, Steam's lovely ways is to make you download entire game files even if you don't own the DLC in a lot of cases. This is one, another is Company of Heroes, and the first FEAR too. Any games where you can access the new content from within the game itself usually it seems like. I'm not sure what the size of FoTS would be if you only owned that (whether it would make you download all of Shogun 2 or not), but it's only a few gigs technically. If you have Shogun 2 installed already it'll be a small addition.

I've been staying away from both Steam and Origin the best that I can, so I have a few questions about them:

So, when you say "steam activate-able" does that mean I HAVE to have steam to install, or that I can just put it on steam if I want?

You have the 2K Shooter Pack which has Bioshock along with some other games. Does The bioshock 1 and 2 in here also need steam? It isn't labeled as so, but since the Bioshock Dual Pack (Bioshock 1 + 2) shows that Bioshock and Bioshock II is steam, does that mean it is the same as the 2k Shooter Pack? I'm guessing so, but I figured I will ask.

Does anyone know how to install a legitamately purchased Steam game WITHOUT using steam? I want the options to install my games WITHOUT needing the Internet if possible.

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']First, I'm not sure what dates I had up there originally for the Paradox stuff but it was the Deal of the Week last week, which ended yesterday. I already deleted it from the OP but I'll check to see if I noted it in the thread as well.

Second, I can understand your frustration, both with the Arma 2 keys and the feeling like the only way to get something is to get it as soon as it comes out feeling.

I can assure that:

2. It isn't/wasn't my intent to mislead anyone about dates, if errors occurred it was due to the crazy nature of this particular deal and the constant changing and re-arranging of dates. I don't think there's a particular system I can put in place to mitigate this, other than to stop adding end dates to promotions when I pre-announce them, which is something I think I'm going to test with our next promo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, but it might help a lot if instead of posting dates in the OP if maybe you can somehow get the date onto the page of the bundle or item for sale. This way there is some indication if it is limited time only or for like a week or two. If that isn't possible then I'd highly recommend doing what you said so that people don't get ready in advance think they know what the deal will be but it changes at the last moment and either they miss it in the OP or when you post to announce it. Either way I think this will help mitigate a lot of the issues you are encountering. I'd recommend that you place end date and times if not on the individual pages of the items then on the the deal page so maybe for the big sales, whether weekly or what not, they can get something up there so people know exactly when they have to get it by. Hope this input helps.

-monkeyz

[quote name='davarian']I've been staying away from both Steam and Origin the best that I can, so I have a few questions about them:

So, when you say "steam activate-able" does that mean I HAVE to have steam to install, or that I can just put it on steam if I want?

You have the 2K Shooter Pack which has Bioshock along with some other games. Does The bioshock 1 and 2 in here also need steam? It isn't labeled as so, but since the Bioshock Dual Pack (Bioshock 1 + 2) shows that Bioshock and Bioshock II is steam, does that mean it is the same as the 2k Shooter Pack? I'm guessing so, but I figured I will ask.

Does anyone know how to install a legitamately purchased Steam game WITHOUT using steam? I want the options to install my games WITHOUT needing the Internet if possible.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

We have non-steam versions of both of these packs:

Bioshock Dual Pack non-steam - http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-41039k-Dual-Pack1/dp/B008235PQQ/

Shooter pack with non steam versions of bioshock 1 and 2, Borderlands and DNF are always steam required - http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-40897hooter-Pack2-Download/dp/B006OF1AMM

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='monkeyz']Just a thought, but it might help a lot if instead of posting dates in the OP if maybe you can somehow get the date onto the page of the bundle or item for sale. This way there is some indication if it is limited time only or for like a week or two. If that isn't possible then I'd highly recommend doing what you said so that people don't get ready in advance think they know what the deal will be but it changes at the last moment and either they miss it in the OP or when you post to announce it. Either way I think this will help mitigate a lot of the issues you are encountering. I'd recommend that you place end date and times if not on the individual pages of the items then on the the deal page so maybe for the big sales, whether weekly or what not, they can get something up there so people know exactly when they have to get it by. Hope this input helps.

-monkeyz[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with your points, here's my thoughts/comments:

1. Getting any sort of dynamic content (like a sale countdown timer) is a 6-12 month long project at minimum, so the short term is definitely not there for that solution.

2. We've tried breaking up the deals by when they end on the detail page, and the feedback from our customers was overwhelmingly negative, namely that they felt it totally broke up the page and made it not-navigable.

I think the option I'll be going with in the next major promotion with lots of moving parts is to omit end date. Test and learn, we'll see how that option works.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='davarian']I've been staying away from both Steam and Origin the best that I can, so I have a few questions about them:

So, when you say "steam activate-able" does that mean I HAVE to have steam to install, or that I can just put it on steam if I want?[/quote]
Depends on the game; where you buy it; and what version's being sold to you.

Good luck w/ trying to stay away from Steam and Origin.
MANY games requires Steam flat-out (Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR, Binary Domain, etc).
And, there's a few BIG EA titles that require Origin (Battlefield 3; Mass Effect 3; and KOA: Reckoning Non-Steam versions).

Thanks!

Amazon DVG sells a Bioshock Double Pack in two flavors:
Securom DRM version only.
Steam DRM version (which ALSO includes Securom DRM).
Also, keep in mind - Bioshock 2 also always flat-out REQUIRES MicroSoft Games For Windows Live, whether you like it or not.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']First, I'm not sure what dates I had up there originally for the Paradox stuff but it was the Deal of the Week last week, which ended yesterday. I already deleted it from the OP but I'll check to see if I noted it in the thread as well.

I can assure that:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Ah, see, I didn't realize that (the bolded, that it was the deal of the week). I thought it was a part of the entire sale, since it was, IIRC, listed with everything else. If there was a note, I must've missed it. My bad. I'm not trying to sound sharp or anything, just expressing disappointment.

It's not a huge deal of course, it would've just gone on the backlog for a while, but my feedback would just be to try and more clearly group stuff. For instance, you've got the Dragon Age pack beneath COD:MW3. They're both under "Starts July 1st," which suggests the entirety of the sale, but they have different end dates. If you're just scanning through and click on something, you may miss the date at the end.

Again, not to be entirely negative, just to give some feedback. I hope it sounds fair. :)

I bought Binary Domain either way. So cheers for that.

[quote name='davarian']Does anyone know how to install a legitamately purchased Steam game WITHOUT using steam? I want the options to install my games WITHOUT needing the Internet if possible.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
No, if it's a game that requires Steam to activate, you must use the Steam client.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Totally agree with your points, here's my thoughts/comments:

1. Getting any sort of dynamic content (like a sale countdown timer) is a 6-12 month long project at minimum, so the short term is definitely not there for that solution.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's crazy just how long it takes to get changes done when such a large scale is involved. It's like trying to replace a part on an engine of a car while it's going around the track. So many moving parts.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Ah, see, I didn't realize that (the bolded, that it was the deal of the week). I thought it was a part of the entire sale, since it was, IIRC, listed with everything else. If there was a note, I must've missed it. My bad. I'm not trying to sound sharp or anything, just expressing disappointment.

It's not a huge deal of course, it would've just gone on the backlog for a while, but my feedback would just be to try and more clearly group stuff. For instance, you've got the Dragon Age pack beneath COD:MW3. They're both under "Starts July 1st," which suggests the entirety of the sale, but they have different end dates. If you're just scanning through and click on something, you may miss the date at the end.

Again, not to be entirely negative, just to give some feedback. I hope it sounds fair. :)

I bought Binary Domain either way. So cheers for that.

No, if it's a game that requires Steam to activate, you must use the Steam client.[/QUOTE]

No way dude, you didn't sound sharp, mad, or negative at all. It's valid feedback, my response, like all my responses, is an attempt for me to let you know that I've heard your feedback, acknowledged it, and am trying to give you clear insight into what I plan on doing about it.

The point of me being here is to figure out how to do things better, can't do that if its all rainbows and butteflies.

If you'd hopped in and said ZOMG I'M IN SUCH A RAGE RIGHT NOW AND MY ENTIRE SUMMER IS RUINED! I HATE YOU AMAZON AND MY HATE WILL NEVER BE EXTINGUISHED!

That would have been unreasonable, expressing disappointment at a mistake, however, is not.

Thanks for the feedback, and the understanding. Again, my sincere apologies for the error.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No way dude, you didn't sound sharp, mad, or negative at all. It's valid feedback, my response, like all my responses, is an attempt for me to let you know that I've heard your feedback, acknowledged it, and am trying to give you clear insight into what I plan on doing about it.

The point of me being here is to figure out how to do things better, can't do that if its all rainbows and butteflies.

If you'd hopped in and said ZOMG I'M IN SUCH A RAGE RIGHT NOW AND MY ENTIRE SUMMER IS RUINED! I HATE YOU AMAZON AND MY HATE WILL NEVER BE EXTINGUISHED!

That would have been unreasonable, expressing disappointment at a mistake, however, is not.

Thanks for the feedback, and the understanding. Again, my sincere apologies for the error.

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

Did someone mention RAGE? ;)
Yeah, that's a good shooter...if you can get it to work & look properly for you on your PC... ;)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']The only RAGE I have is by id and sitting in my backlog unplayed and unloved. :cry:

I really must get to it one day.[/QUOTE]

It's a damn good shooter, once you can find ways to get it running properly & looking properly enough to suit to you and your PC.
That's the biggest hurdle that game has - BY FAR.

BTW - RAGE's ending is horrible. A million times worse than any of Mass Effect 3's Original Cut endings.

[quote name='MysterD']It's a damn good shooter, once you can find ways to get it running properly & looking properly enough to suit to you and your PC.
That's the biggest hurdle that game has - BY FAR.

BTW - RAGE's ending is horrible. A million times worse than any of Mass Effect 3's Original Cut endings.[/QUOTE]

RAGE's Co-op is really really fun. Don't know how it works on PC, but on 360 it was a blast.

[/QUOTE]

One disadvantage of the Steam bundles is that you can't give away the titles you don't want; so unless your nephew has access to your Steam account, he won't be able to take advantage of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back