Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jatan11t']So I doubt I'm the first to notice this, but is there any point in buying the Plethora of Paradox Games? It seems to be the same price and the Pint Size + Plentiful packages, but is missing the Sword of the Stars games.[/QUOTE]

I too noticed Sword of Stars is missing from the more expensive pack.

[quote name='avwjase']Not really on topic but I see people mentioning this in the thread. I have been here over two years, any chance I can get an invite to the CAG Steamgroup? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Invited to the group sir :)

Hey Tony,

My first post here. Your awesome deals caught my attention, and it's pretty clear you guys are beating Valve in their own turf, so to speak.

Dragon Knight Saga will probably win the community vote, and get a 9,99 price. You guys have sold it for 5,99 in the past... Any chance that might happen soon?

Thanks!

[quote name='Spiegelmann']Hey Tony,

My first post here. Your awesome deals caught my attention, and it's pretty clear you guys are beating Valve in their own turf, so to speak.

Dragon Knight Saga will probably win the community vote, and get a 9,99 price. You guys have sold it for 5,99 in the past... Any chance that might happen soon?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey thanks dude.

Yes we'll have the game at $5.99 again but I am not sure when. If it wins the Flash Sale we'll likely match (and we have Steam version).

Cheers,
Tony

hmm....

not particularly a fan of racing games but am tempted. noticed that Burnout has Securom and an EA account, also noticed that NFS is... not listing anywhere what DRM it uses. are both Origin? seeing how it's EA can rule out Steam, but still curious to what it uses.

[quote name='DarkZero104']hmm....

not particularly a fan of racing games but am tempted. noticed that Burnout has Securom and an EA account, also noticed that NFS is... not listing anywhere what DRM it uses. are both Origin? seeing how it's EA can rule out Steam, but still curious to what it uses.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played them yet, but they both registered on my origin just fine. Amazon also provides the files directly so Origin isn't a necessity.

haha steam is fighting back on this one
first 80% off Ive seen on a good game

worked out for me since I had HP already

[quote name='walkonshadows']You could try your luck at winning it.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I honestly don't do those giveaway because I don't trust em [I do not like Valve's aggressive approach to account issues; not to mention I do not like 3rd party sites having details about my account]. I know, my lost. Nothing against you, I still applaud your generosity, just not my thing.

However, last I checked Swords and Stars is missing from the more expensive Paradox pack.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE?tag=cheapassgam08-20

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Burning Hot Pack
- $7.99 - Burnout Paradise + Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
[/quote]
Ugh!

Tony, Steam has the four Need for Speed games (Underground, Hot Pursuit, Shift, Shift 2) on sale right now for $17.50 total. But I hate Steam and won't purchase from it. Is there any way to get a price match from Amazon on those?

The Burning Hot Pack is a good bundle, but since I already have several copies of Burnout Paradise from back when EA was giving it away for free one Christmas, I am not interested in it.

[quote name='Daf']Ye I also noticed street fighter has been reduced again down to $9.99!

I have an SRTT key that tony pmed me about 2 weeks ago but I haven't redeemed it yet if anyone wants it?[/QUOTE]
I am interested. I have some extra game keys I can offer one in trade. PM me.

[quote name='nategator']Wow, just wow. I posted a support question ticket through Steam and waited a week. A CSR just posted me a generic how to make games show up on your library that neither addresses my question or even indicates that the person read (or had the english skills to read) my question. Hell, Siri could have done a better job answering my query. [/quote]
Yep, that's Steam's customer service alright. I'm only surprised it took "only" a week. I've seen longer.

This is why Amazon has first preference on all of my game purchases.
I agree except with more and more games requiring Steam no matter where you purchase them, we PC game consumers still get f*cked because we have to use and deal with Steam. That's why if a game requires Steam, I simply don't buy it and pirate it if I really want it. There's no other choice because game developers and publishers won't give me a choice of DRM.

[quote name='DarkZero104']not particularly a fan of racing games but am tempted. noticed that Burnout has Securom and an EA account, also noticed that NFS is... not listing anywhere what DRM it uses. are both Origin? seeing how it's EA can rule out Steam, but still curious to what it uses.[/QUOTE]
EA's older games which predate Origin use revokable activation. You can see the list of games and the deactivation tool at http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

The tool makes passing a game onto another household member easy when you are done playing a game which is something you can't do with Steam or Origin.

[quote name='nategator']I think almost everyone on this thread would be delighted if Amazon got the rights to sell Bethusda games by digital download.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and then force us to use Steam anyway because Bethesda's games like Skyrim and Rage do.

[quote name='Larce80']haha steam is fighting back on this one
first 80% off Ive seen on a good game

worked out for me since I had HP already[/QUOTE]

Word! Glad you got the game you wanted :).

[quote name='HornyPony']Hey Tony, can we expect to see Witcher 2 as a downloadable game on sale any time soon? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I wish :(. Still trying to get rights to distribute again.

[quote name='JD2']Ugh!

Tony, Steam has the four Need for Speed games (Underground, Hot Pursuit, Shift, Shift 2) on sale right now for $17.50 total. But I hate Steam and won't purchase from it. Is there any way to get a price match from Amazon on those?

The Burning Hot Pack is a good bundle, but since I already have several copies of Burnout Paradise from back when EA was giving it away for free one Christmas, I am not interested in it.[/QUOTE]

I'll look to put together another Need for Speed sale, we won't be PMing that one, however, as we don't have the bundle built.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Motoki']Yes I know you are shocked that someone would actually want more DRM, but many Steamheads would just rather have a game on Steam period than have it outside of Steam, even if it means dealing with multiple layers of DRM.[/QUOTE]
Yep, there's nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket so that when Steam's servers are overloaded or it's otherwise not working for you for any of the many other possible reasons, you can't play any of your games.

Ask Playstation 3 owners how well that worked out for them last year when they couldn't play online for a month. If you want only a single digital game distributor and service because you are too lazy or stupid to manage multiple game accounts, then buy a f*cking console and leave PC gaming to those of us who don't need someone to wipe our asses for us. Otherwise you ruin PC gaming for the rest of us by taking away choice and competition.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll look to put together another Need for Speed sale, we won't be PMing that one, however, as we don't have the bundle built.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply.

I'd take a price-match on the individual games too. I'm not picky. :lol:

[quote name='JD2']Yep, that's Steam's customer service alright. I'm only surprised it took "only" a week. I've seen longer.

I agree except with more and more games requiring Steam no matter where you purchase them, we PC game consumers still get f*cked because we have to use and deal with Steam. That's why if a game requires Steam, I simply don't buy it and pirate it if I really want it. There's no other choice because game developers and publishers won't give me a choice of DRM.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JD2']Yep, there's nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket so that when Steam's servers are overloaded or it's otherwise not working for you for any of the many other possible reasons, you can't play any of your games.

Ask Playstation 3 owners how well that worked out for them last year when they couldn't play online for a month. If you want only a single digital game distributor and service because you are too lazy or stupid to manage multiple game accounts, then buy a f*cking console and leave PC gaming to those of us who don't need someone to wipe our asses for us. Otherwise you ruin PC gaming for the rest of us by taking away choice and competition.[/QUOTE]

There is no need to call people names. Why don't you calm the hell down and stop acting like a rude childish jerk!

Steam it's personally my choice and I have had good experiences with it.

I don't love EA but I'm not calling you names over mentioning it.

I also don't go around advocating pirating games if I don't like the DRM or store they come from. I either deal with it or just don't buy them.

I'm really tired of this thread. If it's not people spending pages nitpicking over semantics of when a sale should or shouldn't start it's people being rude assholes and going on angry tirades.

Anyone know if we can report people to mods here? Obviously this thread is having problems keeping itself civil.

Never mind I found it.

Here less than a month and trying to stir stuff up. Look, we've had this discussion already in this thread JD. If you'd like to continue it, make your own thread about it, and chill out a bit. Some people prefer Steam, some people don't. Why does it matter to you? It's not your money.

[quote name='Motoki']There is no need to call people names. Why don't you calm the hell down and stop acting like a rude childish jerk![/quote]
Apparently your limited intelligence doesn't allow you to see the hypocrisy in that statement.

Well, I and plenty of others have had bad experiences with it. I would have no problem with people like you exclusively choosing Steam if by doing you, you weren't convincing game publishers and developers to require Steam for their games. Unfortunately that has happened as most games from publishers other than EA now require Steam no matter where they are purchased.

No, instead you called me names over other things. Unlike you I am not whining about though; I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy.

I also don't go around advocating pirating games if I don't like the DRM or store they come from. I either deal with it or just don't buy them.
Well that is my choice.

Anyone know if we can report people to mods here? Obviously this thread is having problems keeping itself civil.
Yes, because if you disagree with them and can't beat them, ban them. I can see now why you like Steam. Unlike you I am not so thin-skinned that I can't take criticism nor is my position so untenable that it can't withstand debate.

[quote name='Genocidal']Some people prefer Steam, some people don't. Why does it matter to you? It's not your money.[/QUOTE]
Because unfortunately enough people now blindly support Steam that it does affect me and my money. I can no longer buy most PC games because they now require Steam. If game publishers and developers still supported choice of DRM and multiplayer game services, I wouldn't care what others like you do with their gaming dollars. But, that's not the case anymore. And, no, I'm not happy with EA's Origin either because it is just Steam with a different coat of paint. Sure there are minor differences, but fundamentally they are the same thing, i.e. games as a service. That's not real competition or choice.

Evening Gents,

Quick question for Tony when he gets time.

Took a few days off from the thread for finals and I seemed to have missed the Saints Row the 3rd sale. Any chance that there will be a repeat of it in the near future?

Thanks for any information you can share.

Alright. I'm out of this thread. I'll buy my games elsewhere. Not in the mood for this nonsense.

For all the talk about Reddit being bad sometimes people make this place no picnic either.

[quote name='Motoki']Alright. I'm out of this thread. I'll buy my games elsewhere. Not in the mood for this nonsense.

For all the talk about Reddit being bad sometimes people make this place no picnic either.[/QUOTE]
I am a newb on this thread, but I for one have valued your posts on here. Don't let some guy who joined this month run you out of the thread.

Avoiding Amazon because of this one individual (who is not affiliated with Amazon) seems a bit extreme. Either way, good luck to you, and hopefully the offending party gets some sort of consequence.

[quote name='CheapyD']Stop it. Now.

There are going to be some new rules around here very soon. Getting very tired of the name calling.[/QUOTE]
Doing that will make the cure worse than the disease.

For example nothing in my posts including the quoted sections is anything you wouldn't hear from a comedian like Chris Rock or Dennis Leary doing a similar rant.

Pure naming calling without any context of the discussion maybe shouldn't be allowed, but you shouldn't turn this forum into an authoritarian kindergarden just because a spirited discussion on a topic related to the thread includes a little trash talk. That's just part of the game. Adults are able to handle that type of language.

Hey guys, can anyone invite me to the CAG steam group? My username is trackerdunn. Thanks. Interesting bundle also, still deciding if I should grab it.. I actually haven't bought much from the Steam summer sale- l definitely spent more during the recent Amazon sales. I think all I grabbed from Steam was Fallout 3 GOTY for 5, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for 10 to gift and an Age of Empires summer bundle for 2.50 lol, but with the deals I have gotten from Amazon I'll hold off for awhile while- I'm likely pouring most of my time into Fall of The Samurai that I picked up from Amazon for 7.50 (sooo awesome). If I do pick up anything more from Steam it'd prolly be Skyrim as a gift.

Personally I think the Steam hate is just as bad as the fanboys, When I first started PC gaming I looooved Steam- it is loads better than any console gaming store in terms of sale prices and frequency. I haven't had to use their CS, but I don't see a problem with their client.. its very reasonable as far as DRM goes and has never bugged me. Amazons DRM free is much better in my opinion and I have purchased their versions over steam versions and will always choose that option when given the choice. Amazon CS, lead by the amazing front line presence of Tony is the best I could hope for and has made me loyal to their brand, given an equal choice I will always purchase Amazon (including console gaming) because its superior in my opinion. I don't hate steam though, I wont boycott them on some kind of fanatical DRM=HumanRightsAbuse crusade and I think pirating isn't the solution, frankly any reasonable person in the pro DRM free camp probably doesn't want to be associated with piracy-thats really what brought along DRM and caused some companies to implement such intrusive "solutions". Either way, we are only talking about video games and everyone should try to get along nicer, especially in the face of such a great thing we have going with Amazon DRM free downloaded and Tony, please. Let's all be civil and show some respect to eachother and the company that is really showing us a lot of respect and working to our benefit and mutual gain. Thanks,
Tracker

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']If I preorder Guild Wars 2 (digital) and I decide in the future I don't want to purchase it, can I cancel the order?[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the answer to this? I assume so.

I really want to try the beta with committing to a full purchase.

Can we just keep this about Amazon and how awesome Summer, Puppies, and Cheap Games are?

Also, I'm loving your performance in Saints Row the 3rd, Cheapy D. The way I play you're never getting back home in time for dinner.:twoguns::whee:

[quote name='JD2']Doing that will make the cure worse than the disease.

For example nothing in my posts including the quoted sections is anything you wouldn't hear from a comedian like Chris Rock or Dennis Leary doing a similar rant.

Pure naming calling without any context of the discussion maybe shouldn't be allowed, but you shouldn't turn this forum into an authoritarian kindergarden just because a spirited discussion on a topic related to the thread includes a little trash talk. That's just part of the game. Adults are able to handle that type of language.[/QUOTE]

We're not at a comedy club, nor are you a comedian. If you were you'd probably be shown to the door.

This is an internet forum where adults conduct themselves in a civil and reasonable manner - and we like it that way. Yes, we can handle trash talk, but we do not want to here in this forum. Please, respect Cheapy's rules.

[quote name='Shrowd']Evening Gents,

Quick question for Tony when he gets time.

Took a few days off from the thread for finals and I seemed to have missed the Saints Row the 3rd sale. Any chance that there will be a repeat of it in the near future?

Thanks for any information you can share.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any plans on this yet, I will let you know ASAP if this changes.

[quote name='JD2']Yep, there's nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket so that when Steam's servers are overloaded or it's otherwise not working for you for any of the many other possible reasons, you can't play any of your games.

Ask Playstation 3 owners how well that worked out for them last year when they couldn't play online for a month. If you want only a single digital game distributor and service because you are too lazy or stupid to manage multiple game accounts, then buy a f*cking console and leave PC gaming to those of us who don't need someone to wipe our asses for us. Otherwise you ruin PC gaming for the rest of us by taking away choice and competition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']There is no need to call people names. Why don't you calm the hell down and stop acting like a rude childish jerk!

I'm really tired of this thread. If it's not people spending pages nitpicking over semantics of when a sale should or shouldn't start it's people being rude assholes and going on angry tirades.

Never mind I found it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JD2']Apparently your limited intelligence doesn't allow you to see the hypocrisy in that statement.

Well, I and plenty of others have had bad experiences with it. I would have no problem with people like you exclusively choosing Steam if by doing you, you weren't convincing game publishers and developers to require Steam for their games. Unfortunately that has happened as most games from publishers other than EA now require Steam no matter where they are purchased.

No, instead you called me names over other things. Unlike you I am not whining about though; I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Well that is my choice.

Yes, because if you disagree with them and can't beat them, ban them. I can see now why you like Steam. Unlike you I am not so thin-skinned that I can't take criticism nor is my position so untenable that it can't withstand debate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JD2']Because unfortunately enough people now blindly support Steam that it does affect me and my money. I can no longer buy most PC games because they now require Steam. If game publishers and developers still supported choice of DRM and multiplayer game services, I wouldn't care what others like you do with their gaming dollars. But, that's not the case anymore. And, no, I'm not happy with EA's Origin either because it is just Steam with a different coat of paint. Sure there are minor differences, but fundamentally they are the same thing, i.e. games as a service. That's not real competition or choice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Alright. I'm out of this thread. I'll buy my games elsewhere. Not in the mood for this nonsense.

For all the talk about Reddit being bad sometimes people make this place no picnic either.[/QUOTE]

Pure naming calling without any context of the discussion maybe shouldn't be allowed, but you shouldn't turn this forum into an authoritarian kindergarden just because a spirited discussion on a topic related to the thread includes a little trash talk. That's just part of the game. Adults are able to handle that type of language.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

I want to comment on this conversation, and I'll be specifically following up with Motoki, who is an extremely valued member of this thread.

1. I want to apologize to Motoki on behalf of the thread (this is my thread so I'm apologizing on behalf of all of you). We have a solid community here and There's no place for the ragehate over personal gaming preferences. If you want to be upset about a policy, or specific action that impacts you, gaming, the community, or world peace, negatively then feel free to share. Calling someone stupid because they want to play their games on Steam, PSN, XBOX, Facebook, or on their cell phone is not cool. I repeat, not cool.

2. If people in this thread want to hear commentary from Chris Rock or Dennis Leary they can visit Comedycentral.com. This community has clearly stated that they don't want this kind of communication in this forum. If we were all constantly shouting each other down and calling names then these comments would be appropriate and taken in stride. Part of being an adult is also knowing when and where to communicate in specific ways. Disrespecting the desires of the entire thread because you want an online amateur night at the comedy club with a captive audience is not cool. I repeat, not cool.

3. Motoki, I apologize again on behalf of the thread, your feedback is extremely valuable to this community and the manner in which you were spoken to was not cool...

4. Every company has things they do really well and those they don't. Commenting on having a positive experience with one company and a negative with another is fine, even going so far as stating that you exclusively prefer one company over another is fine. Attacking people for their shopping preference is not cool in this thread. I make fun of my brother all the time for where he buys my Niece's clothes from, I even go so far as to call him an idiot. He's my brother, I love him, I'm his daughter's god father, I get to call him an idiot about where he shops for stuff for all of these reasons. None of the people in this thread are each other's brothers/sisters (I think), and thus you should joke with them as if they were. If any of you would like to declare now that you have enough affection for another member of this thread that merits sibling like joking feel free to do so now. MysteryD, Idiotque, Hal, Nategator, Motoki, and Cheaplikeafox can feel free to call me a velcro shoe wearing, drooling, moron because I only buy peanut butter in 12 packs and that is OK...that's right, I said it.

5. JD, this is not a rant against you, I also appreciate your comments regarding the difference in quality of service between the two companies, and hope you continue to participate this thread in such a way that fosters positive exchange of ideas and fun. Don't bounce out, stay here and have fun with everyone, this is a really fun group.

In summary...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start self-enforcing the "be cool to one another" policy in this thread guys, we have a really community built and I'd hate to see the band broken up. I really like talking with all of you regularly.

Cheers,
Tony

i'm not one to respond to these kinds of things on this forum because i've got other places to do that to, where it's more appropriate, because starting or participating in drama isn't my thing for CAG. it's bad enough that this thread got bogged down with a lot of drama over SR3 and its DLC, but at least that was somewhat *relevant* to amazon's deals. not liking steam is fine. if you want to make your stand by piracy, that's your choice to make and it can be an understandable one on some types of DRM where that's the only way to play something (hi Ubisoft). most people however accept Steam as an acceptable DRM and that's fine too - by any level it's certainly better than just about any other kind out there. we have had choice on a couple games (Divinity II, Risen, a bunch of older Ubisoft games) in the past few months and i assume they've been quite successful. GOG as a site has also been successful and is proving that yes, you CAN do DRM-free and have things work.

all that however is neither here nor there for this topic specifically. to be blunt, it's a social topic and a lot of joking around is done, but it's also a *professional* topic. it's the rep from another company reaching out and is beneficial for everyone if it stays on good terms; this doesn't mean anyone has to walk with a stick up their ass, but it means to be chill. "I don't like Steam" is one thing, calling people lazy and stupid is another. understand and respect that we have a very unusual courtesy here and at the very least ditch the insults. they are neither wanted nor needed.

(by the time i post this there's probably all this covered but still...!)

Uh... you probably shouldn't tell the guy how to run his own website. Hopefully your stay here is a short one. This forum is about spotting deals and secondarily giving opinions on games/whether or not they're worth the deal price points.

Getting tired of running into people on every gaming forum on the net who feels it is their duty to crusade against Steam and devolve all discussions into a rant against it. Take it somewhere else, no one cares.

Oh come on brother, you immediately brought inflammatory remarks and personal attacks in your otherwise reasonable discussion. Majority of people are fine with DRM discussions, but this isn't a comedy club where its understood that any attacks are impersonal jokes, that isn't why we are in this forum, especially not this thread. It's a very relevent place to discuss DRM, but just because most of us are pro DRM free doesn't mean we condone personal attacks on people who like steam. No reasonable person will side with you that its okay "because Chris Rock says that shit" and no ones going to back you in accusing people that like steam as being the reason why some games are requiring steamworks, that's just ignorant, the real problem is piracy and companies not having any real defense against it so they go with the easiest solution: steamworks. That doesn't prevent you from buying or enjoying a game, getting a good deal while supporting the developers and experiencing good gameplay. The only thing preventing you from doing that is your own twisted perception of Steam, maybe you had a bad experience, sorry for you, but I feel even sorrier that you feel and think the way you do about Steam so hardcore extremist that you will blindly insult another person who has done you no personal wrong just because they can enjoy something that you wont allow yourself to.

PMed Motoki...hope I hear back soon... I feel like this right now:

2mzinsz.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']If I preorder Guild Wars 2 (digital) and I decide in the future I don't want to purchase it, can I cancel the order?[/QUOTE]

The Guild Wars 2 digital copies are not pre-orders, but pre-purchases, and part of that purchase is access to the beta. The standard policy at every other site is that pre-purchases cannot be refunded, but Amazon might give some leeway on that especially if you order after the beta and don't participate in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back