Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']Any chance of Secret World going back on sale? I passed on it before but, with City of Heroes folding up, I need a new non-fantasy MMORPG to play around in.

Not $50 worth of MMORPG though.[/QUOTE]

Origin has it on sale for $25 for at least a few more hours. I would have bought it if the bday coupon they sent me was working.

Thanks. I think the fine print at the bottom of the page says it's through the 5th so I'll sleep on it and if the sale is gone tomorrow I'll just wait for another day.

Guild Wars 2 looks interesting with the no sub feature but it costs even more than Secret World (albeit, then no sub). GMG is out of copies or else I'd have considered using their 25% Labor Day voucher on it.

[Late edit: It's still on sale through 1:00am tomorrow morning. I see Tony's back so if he thinks Amazon will have it on sale again I may wait since I'm not in a huge rush. If he seems skeptical, I guess I'll consider getting it through Origin. I have nothing against Origin, I just feel Amazon's done a better job of earning my dollar.]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Thanks. I think the fine print at the bottom of the page says it's through the 5th so I'll sleep on it and if the sale is gone tomorrow I'll just wait for another day.

Guild Wars 2 looks interesting with the no sub feature but it costs even more than Secret World (albeit, then no sub). GMG is out of copies or else I'd have considered using their 25% Labor Day voucher on it.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for a less than retail price for gw2 all weekend without much luck. I've seen them here and there but nothing that made me immediately purchase it.

I'm interested in secret world as well but with swtor going FTP in the next month or so and if I buy gw2 its taking a bit of a back seat.

Why is there no shopping cart functionality for multiple simultaneous digital purchases?

Wasn't a problem last thing I picked up from Amazon, cuz it was a big bundle, but I want to grab a couple of things here and ... I have to do each individually? Weird.

It was asked but not answered earlier: Does the Oddworld collection activate on Steam?

Also, what DRM is present on the games in the EA Sports Classic Pack?

[quote name='gilby']Also, what DRM is present on the games in the EA Sports Classic Pack?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this too, since they're a bit old.

I don't think so. Also, they have all been cheaper in the past on steam and gamersgate.

*edit* Glad I grabbed the plethora paradox pack when I did. It seems all the pack prices went up today.

[quote name='darkling23']Why is there no shopping cart functionality for multiple simultaneous digital purchases?

Wasn't a problem last thing I picked up from Amazon, cuz it was a big bundle, but I want to grab a couple of things here and ... I have to do each individually? Weird.[/QUOTE]

One other annoyance I have at the software buy page is that (last time I used it) it required me to use my gift card credit. Unlike the normal checkout, there was no option to NOT use it. In my case, it was a problem because I was buying business application software for my job (using my company credit card) and I was forced to use my personal gift card credit that I later had to try and get reimbursed from by my company. Was really a big pain in the ass.

I love the Amazon download service, but it still need some more work.

Welcome back Tony, did you have a fun time at PAX or was it mostly business? As for questions, are you guys still in the process of adding more Activision DD titles or is what's on the site it?

Is there a Stardock bundle in the making? I remember reading that Amazon PCDD had reached an agreement to start selling Stardock games, but haven't heard anything since.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
Everyday Genius: Square Logic (one of my favorite games period, think Suduko but a lot better, 1000s of puzzles. Used to be on Steam, but you can no longer buy it there anymore)[/QUOTE]

My Steam account says I've logged 287 hours with this game. It's a fantastic "casual" game, for when your brain is too tired to handle any serious gaming, but too active to go to sleep.

For $3, it's an absolute steal.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Alan Wake is steamworks...so yes it does[/QUOTE]

Only place Alan Wake games DO NOT use Steamworks is on GOG.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Whatup everyone?

I owe you all lots of responses. Many of these will occur tonight.

Sorry for the delay. Family in town and then PAX was nuts.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Looks like Steam has created that Game of Thrones Bundle...

Game of Thrones Bundle [GOT: Genesis (Strategy game) + GOT: RPG - both made by Cyanide Studios] = $23.80

That's too expensive for my blood, given my huge backlog! :p

So, Tony - you guys gonna do that GOT Bundle (I suggested a bit back), sometime down the line and at a MUCH better price than what Steam has it going on now for?

[quote name='MysterD']Looks like Steam has created that Game of Thrones Bundle...

Game of Thrones Bundle [GOT: Genesis (Strategy game) + GOT: RPG - both made by Cyanide Studios] = $23.80

That's too expensive for my blood, given my huge backlog! :p

So, Tony - you guys gonna do that GOT Bundle (I suggested a bit back), sometime down the line and at a MUCH better price than what Steam has it going on now for?[/QUOTE]

I would be so down for this. I said in the Steam thread already that I'm a huge ASOIAF fan so I would love to grab these guilty pleasures but $23 is too much.

[quote name='Umair56']I would be so down for this. I said in the Steam thread already that I'm a huge ASOIAF fan so I would love to grab these guilty pleasures but $23 is too much.[/QUOTE]

Count me in as well.

So for the entire run of the sale, they never had the Plentiful Paradox Package or the Plethora of Paradox Games Packs at their correct price. No complaints about them running the Plethora pack for $2 less than advertised, but I kept waiting for them to correct the price of the plentiful pack so I could snag the Sword Of the Stars games for cheap. It went 4 days without them fixing it.

I'm sure they'll repeat the deal at some point, so I can't get all that worked up over it. But it's kinda surprising that nobody was able to pick up the slack while Tony was busy preparing for PAX.

[quote name='Umair56']I would be so down for this. I said in the Steam thread already that I'm a huge ASOIAF fan so I would love to grab these guilty pleasures but $23 is too much.[/QUOTE]

I'm not big into Strategy, but am more interested in the GOT: RPG...b/c it's a RPG. I love RPG's, in general.
Though, if the price is right, I could get down w/ the GOT Bundle w/ Cyanide's 2 GOT games... ;)

[quote name='gilby']It was asked but not
sig.jpg
answered earlier: Does the Oddworld collection activate on Steam?

Also, what DRM is present on the games in the EA Sports Classic Pack?[/QUOTE]

I think im gonna pick these up ive heard good things about these games.

[quote name='insanemofox']I think im gonna pick these up ive heard good things about these games.[/QUOTE]
Let us know what DRM they have if you do! Would be much appreciated. :)

[quote name='glennfrank']Anyone know if Alpha Prime from the random list activates on steam?[/QUOTE]

No, it does not. It's just a DRM free DL with no key at all.

Getting the word out there on this now. Apparently we're running into tons of issues with the 1C bundle. I'll keep you guys updated on progress but I just got a "major problems with the promotion" email.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Getting the word out there on this now. Apparently we're running into tons of issues with the 1C bundle. I'll keep you guys updated on progress but I just got a "major problems with the promotion" email.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Good luck Tony. I'm sure it's a major QA hassle even when things go right with a set this big. I'm looking forward to hearing the final details of the pack when it's time.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
Thanks for the heads up. I'm still going to buy the bundle but can wait a few weeks so Amazon has time to work out all the bugs. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pantsattack']Good luck Tony. I'm sure it's a major QA hassle even when things go right with a set this big. I'm looking forward to hearing the final details of the pack when it's time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.

Piling it on. I'm not going to name names as that would be inappropriate. I'm shocked that I have to write this as well.

Recently a member of this community has been PMing me regularly asking for help escalating issues with CS, something I'm generally happy to do. What I'm not happy to do is look like a jerk.

Apparently this customer has returned every.single.order placed with Amazon DVG in the past several months (after viewing the product keys) and requested refunds and credits for their inconvenience. It got to the point where our CS team let them know that this was not acceptable.

Without giving me this context this customer has been reaching out to have me escalate on their behalf and this morning my CS manager called me to ask why I am helping someone engage in this activity.

PLEASE do not put me in positions like this guys, it damages my credibility and ability to help everyone with real issues.

I'm really disappointed, not with the community but with this member specifically, and it makes me super cautious to put my reputation out there. This is extremely embarrassing.

Cheers,
Tony

Wow, that really sucks, Tony.

Any way to reach out to CheapyD and get this jerk banned? I mean what he's doing is stealing and fraud since I assume he is activating the keys elsewhere.

For him to get you involved in this and to hide information from you is just beyond words.

I wouldn't blame you if you stopped putting yourself out there to help with people's CS issues. I mean, it's not part of your job, Amazon has a stellar CS department as it is, and to risk hurting your reputation at work is just not worth it.

Sorry you had to deal with a jerk like that.

Yeah I would stop helping with CS issues all together. Amazon CS is very very easy to deal with there should have been no reason to get you involved.

I know it's not me, as I've bought things which I haven't asked for a refund on, but this makes me feel extremely bad since I've asked for help once and received it (Steamworks misunderstanding that Tony straightened out), and just recently asked him to help out on another purchase that I made on impulse without knowing that I already owned the game :)S).

Even if I believe in such refunds, the fact that the Amazon policy is strictly set against that, alone, makes me hesitate to ask, and even makes me feel horrible when it does work out my way.

The help is much appreciated Tony, even if you've only helped me personally once, it's still a lot to ask since it's against Amazon policy.

Even knowing it's not me as I've only received help once with this, I'm still going nuts deep down inside thinking it's me. :S

In the end, I know you want to help us Tony, but just stick with the policy. It saves yourself putting your neck out there for those of us who are willing to take advantage of it, sad to say. It really shouldn't come down to this, but honestly, like I told you in my PM to you: even if I don't get a refund, I know the money is going to a good cause. Even if it is just a measly $2.99, I, as well as many others here I'm sure, will get over knowing I have multiple copies of a game (even though it drives me nuts!), or even that I can't activate a game on Steam.

We'll find a way to deal with it and move on, we're all adults here, and you shouldn't have to baby us to be able to bring us great deals like you've been doing.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah I would stop helping with CS issues all together. Amazon CS is very very easy to deal with there should have been no reason to get you involved.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Tony, you put in a lot of effort with the deals and communication on various sites (CAG, reddit, NeoGAF). While it's noble of you, maybe it's better to not take PMs from people with customer service issues.

You could put a link in the OP for contacting Amazon's game downloads customer service (or if it's just Amazon's general CS).

Just humble suggestions - you know much better than I do. But I wouldn't want you to become over encumbered with handling all sorts of PMs with sales and download issues.

Alternatively, you can ask Amazon for a raise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back