Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corpekata']Wow.

It would be more entertaining if you named names though. Lynch mob!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Is it wrong of me that I really want to know who this jackass is?

While we all may want to know deep down inside, I'm sure Tony won't be disclosing the person's name anytime soon. Anyway, we'd all probably do something stupid anyway that may get us into trouble. It's probably best to keep him anonymous. =P

Let's all just use emoticons to express and vent our frustrations, that's what they're there for. ;)

:argue: :shame: :boxing: :twoguns:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

"CS manager called me to ask why I am helping someone engage in this activity."

[/QUOTE]

your job could be at risk. i agree, just refer members to CS.

That sounds really horrible.

I hate people who abuse systems like that. It only hurts the rest of us by encouraging Amazon to become more strict on their policies and become less helpful to customers that really need the help. However, I hope the few bad apples do not change the great policies at Amazon [one of the many reasons why I buy more of my games from Amazon than STEAM].

I have made a ton of purchases from Amazon and have only contacted CS twice, and have never asked nor received any credits/refunds. I didn't because I knew Amazon would make things right, and they always do.

Really sucks to hear that news Tony. I'm guessing that person won't be making any appearances here from now on :)

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I'm guessing that person won't be making any appearances here from now on :)[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here and say that the guy is probably a lurker anyway. ;)

FYI for those curious, and thanks for the comments/concern, there's definitely no risk of this affecting my job tangibly (like me getting fired or even yelled at), that's just not the way our organization is run.

My concern/outrage is on a personal and professional credibility level. Our CS team is killer and works really hard to address all customer concerns, so when I reach out to them on stuff, and interrupt what they are doing, they assume it is because it is important. I've built a level of trust with them since I started here that makes these conversations really easy to have and allows me to have great flexibility in helping you guys out.

It is embarrassing to have them come back with situations like this, because both groups respect and like each other a bunch. It would be like if you recommended someone for a job and then they showed up late every day and left at 3PM, spending the hours in between catching up on Masterchef. You wouldn't get fired, and you wouldn't get chastised, but the people you referred your buddy to would probably think twice the next time you sent them a "star candidate".

I gave cheapy a heads up btw.

Cheers,
Tony

I get the paranoid feeling the CAG may be selling us the keys without telling us the source and using us to launder them. With Amazon issues happening offsite they very well could have 100% feedback here.

[quote name='pantsattack']I get the paranoid feeling the CAG may be selling us the keys without telling us the source and using us to launder them. With Amazon issues happening offsite they very well could have 100% feedback here.[/QUOTE]

Tony gave cheapy a heads up. Keep on the look out for the Scarlett letter on this clowns account. BANNED

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Is it wrong of me that I really want to know who this jackass is?[/QUOTE]

That's very understandable. If we can't find out, maybe we all should start accusing each other with no real basis. That could be fun.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks guys.

Piling it on. I'm not going to name names as that would be inappropriate. I'm shocked that I have to write this as well.

Recently a member of this community has been PMing me regularly asking for help escalating issues with CS, something I'm generally happy to do. What I'm not happy to do is look like a jerk.

Apparently this customer has returned every.single.order placed with Amazon DVG in the past several months (after viewing the product keys) and requested refunds and credits for their inconvenience. It got to the point where our CS team let them know that this was not acceptable.

Without giving me this context this customer has been reaching out to have me escalate on their behalf and this morning my CS manager called me to ask why I am helping someone engage in this activity.

PLEASE do not put me in positions like this guys, it damages my credibility and ability to help everyone with real issues.

I'm really disappointed, not with the community but with this member specifically, and it makes me super cautious to put my reputation out there. This is extremely embarrassing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, what an asshole

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI for those curious, and thanks for the comments/concern, there's definitely no risk of this affecting my job tangibly (like me getting fired or even yelled at), that's just not the way our organization is run.

My concern/outrage is on a personal and professional credibility level. Our CS team is killer and works really hard to address all customer concerns, so when I reach out to them on stuff, and interrupt what they are doing, they assume it is because it is important. I've built a level of trust with them since I started here that makes these conversations really easy to have and allows me to have great flexibility in helping you guys out.

It is embarrassing to have them come back with situations like this, because both groups respect and like each other a bunch. It would be like if you recommended someone for a job and then they showed up late every day and left at 3PM, spending the hours in between catching up on Masterchef. You wouldn't get fired, and you wouldn't get chastised, but the people you referred your buddy to would probably think twice the next time you sent them a "star candidate".

I gave cheapy a heads up btw.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Good, we feel that same way about him sullying the credibility of our community too. Cheapy will definitely handle.

Piling it on. I'm not going to name names as that would be inappropriate. I'm shocked that I have to write this as well.

Recently a member of this community has been PMing me regularly asking for help escalating issues with CS, something I'm generally happy to do. What I'm not happy to do is look like a jerk.

Apparently this customer has returned every.single.order placed with Amazon DVG in the past several months (after viewing the product keys) and requested refunds and credits for their inconvenience. It got to the point where our CS team let them know that this was not acceptable.

Without giving me this context this customer has been reaching out to have me escalate on their behalf and this morning my CS manager called me to ask why I am helping someone engage in this activity.

PLEASE do not put me in positions like this guys, it damages my credibility and ability to help everyone with real issues.

I'm really disappointed, not with the community but with this member specifically, and it makes me super cautious to put my reputation out there. This is extremely embarrassing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

A better solution is to just have this guy's (gal's) account and pretty much all his (her) roommates accounts and family members all banned at Amazon. With retail stores shutting down and most online places priced higher, it's a huge loss to get banned.

Just google people getting their accounts banned and it's a very bad thing since Amazon tends to be the cheapest for a lot of items nowadays and everyone else is out of business. That's always been a concern for me with Amazon purchases as well even though I rarely, if ever return anything.

It's also hard to fight off or "create" a new account since they take the ban to pretty much include a ton of other people who live with you or know you, etc...and tie it to everything they can about you...

After that, problem solved... :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Good, we feel that same way about him sullying the credibility of our community too. Cheapy will definitely handle.[/QUOTE]

Might I suggest:

cheapydsr3_20562.nphd.jpg

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Might I suggest:

cheapydsr3_20562.nphd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Or use 'the penetrator'.

Seriously though, this is a blessing to have him on CAG, don't take advantage of it.

PS: I would love some more Mac related sales!

Edit:
[quote name='elessar123']Then reward CheapyD with the penetrator.[/QUOTE]

Damn you! Stole my joke before I could post! :razz:

Yeah, if I were you I would stop trying to intervene with any and all Customer Service refunds/hate mail altogether. Nothing to be gained by trying to stop a bus going 60 mph - let CS do their thing.

Just my 2 cents.

It was me .

I'm sorry Tony .

I was a jerk . I didn't know what trouble i made. Well since then :

- asked Amazon Support to delete my account

- asked this forum admins to delete my user account but as i see you would like to see a red sign under my username , so i ask the admins / mods to ban me . I deserve it .

CAG is a great place and people like me don't belong to here . Let this forum clean from trolls like me .

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yikes! EVERY game? At some point jerk behavior turns into something more.

At the very least hopefully CS has made sure he never receives a digital download refund again.

I wouldn't worry too much about your reputation, since there was no way you could have known at this guy's scam. But all in all, it's an unfortunate abuse of the process.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Im not asking for their name. I will suggest you let CheapyD know about this. That elephant turd behaviour hurts everyone.

I know amazon periodically reviews everyone's return history issue and hands out lifetime bans. I.hope he gets one for the theivery.

(For that very reason I have a .faulty PSU I'm going to RMA and eBay because when diagnosing the.problem the motherboard and GPU maker BOTH told me to return the product to amazon. So I unknowingly returned two good products. ) Im scared to return it, lol. Can't live without Amazon.

Edit, just caught up. Can see I am a little late to the party.

[quote name='Aperture_Science']It was me .

I'm sorry Tony .

- asked this forum admins to delete my user account but as i see you would like to see a red sign under my username , so i ask the admins / mods to ban me . I deserve it .

CAG is a great place and people like me don't belong to here . Let this forum clean from trolls like me .[/QUOTE]

What I don't understand is that you come off, by this message, as a level-headed person who expresses remorse and knows that he did something wrong, yet you did it (what sounds like) so many times and it took Tony saying something publicly to get you to realize what you were doing was wrong?

How does that work? Maybe the purpose of you posting this is to get people to pity you and forgive you based on that, but how could you do something like this and all of a sudden realize you were wrong and apologize? It just doesn't piece together logically.

Also, while noble of you, it wasn't very smart to do what you're doing. You should have kept yourself anonymous.

EDIT: 1 post. Lol, I told you it was a lurker. ;)

[quote name='The End']So for the entire run of the sale, they never had the Plentiful Paradox Package or the Plethora of Paradox Games Packs at their correct price. No complaints about them running the Plethora pack for $2 less than advertised, but I kept waiting for them to correct the price of the plentiful pack so I could snag the Sword Of the Stars games for cheap. It went 4 days without them fixing it.

I'm sure they'll repeat the deal at some point, so I can't get all that worked up over it. But it's kinda surprising that nobody was able to pick up the slack while Tony was busy preparing for PAX.[/QUOTE]

I never got around to viewing my product keys and don't expect to want to play SotS Complete or SotS 2 anytime soon. If you are interested, I can sell you those keys via paypal if they activate on steam. PM me if you are interested and we'll figure something out.

[quote name='Aperture_Science']It was me .

I'm sorry Tony .

CAG is a great place and people like me don't belong to here . Let this forum clean from trolls like me .[/QUOTE]

Why would someone need to get a refund for every DVG game bought on Amazon?
I can understand buyers remorse, but I've never considered demanding a refund for digital content, especially when those purchases were made several weeks beforehand.

And even if such refunds were granted [which would be a move that would heavily favor yourself] to even ask for credit for "your inconvenience" comes off as greedy, smug and unappreciative.

I'm sure there's more to the story, but I still cannot understand why you would be pursuing it so strongly.

**is that a shadow account? says he has 1 post

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Why would someone need to get a refund for every DVG game bought on Amazon?
I can understand buyers remorse, but I've never considered demanding a refund for digital content, especially when those purchases were made several weeks beforehand.

And even if such refunds were granted [which would be a move that would heavily favor yourself] to even ask for credit for "your inconvenience" comes off as greedy, smug and unappreciative.

I'm sure there's more to the story, but I still cannot understand why you would be pursuing it so strongly.

**is that a shadow account? says he has 1 post[/QUOTE]

It could just be random person trolling as well.

[quote name='6er']I know amazon periodically reviews everyone's return history issue and hands out lifetime bans. I.hope he gets one for the theivery.

(For that very reason I have a .faulty PSU I'm going to RMA and eBay because when diagnosing the.problem the motherboard and GPU maker BOTH told me to return the product to amazon. So I unknowingly returned two good products. ) Im scared to return it, lol. Can't live without Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

As long as you can show Amazon that the manufacturers themselves were the ones to recommend the returns, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Amazon is looking for people who abuse the system, not people who return things at the manufacturers' requests.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Why would someone need to get a refund for every DVG game bought on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Simple: Fraud. As Tony noted they viewed the keys then asked to return the game. So basically the guy just lifted the key and used/sold it and asked for his money back.

[quote name='Mooby']Simple: Fraud. As Tony noted they viewed the keys then asked to return the game. So basically the guy just lifted the key and used/sold it and asked for his money back.[/QUOTE]

viewed or activated? just to play devils advocate here as soon as you finish buying a digital game there is a link to your games library where all your keys are. i've returned a DD game on amazon after technically viewing the steam key, and it was no problem. then again i guess a shitty person could c+p the key into a txt file and trade it or something down the line.

[quote name='vince_carter']viewed or activated? just to play devils advocate here as soon as you finish buying a digital game there is a link to your games library where all your keys are. i've returned a DD game on amazon after technically viewing the steam key, and it was no problem. then again i guess a shitty person could c+p the key into a txt file and trade it or something down the line.[/QUOTE]

Your page might be different, but in my games library I have all my games listed and for the ones I have not bothered to DL or activate on Steam yet there is a yellow button to "View Product Key."

I have not pressed it for about 20 games because I have not played them/activated them yet. So I can't see the key or use it until I press that button.

Could someone click that once and then change their mind? Sure, I guess. But doing it every single time and then demanding a refund? And then being told you can't do that and still doing it and getting someone else involved? Sure, I guess technically the village idiot could be doing all that, but then I'd be amazed he figured out how to turn on a computer and place an order in the first place.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Your page might be different, but in my games library I have all my games listed and for the ones I have not bothered to DL or activate on Steam yet there is a yellow button to "View Product Key."

I have not pressed it for about 20 games because I have not played them/activated them yet. So I can't see the key or use it until I press that button.

Could someone click that once and then change their mind? Sure, I guess. But doing it every single time and then demanding a refund? And then being told you can't do that and still doing it and getting someone else involved? Sure, I guess technically the village idiot could be doing all that, but then I'd be amazed he figured out how to turn on a computer and place an order in the first place.[/QUOTE]

True, forgot you had to click that box.

^^^^
They're probably standalones; ie must be installed from the downloaded file obtained through Amazon.
As for DRM, I don't know what it has, but since it requires an online activation, it has some form of DRM. [maybe securom?]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
They're probably standalones; ie must be installed from the downloaded file obtained through Amazon.
As for DRM, I don't know what it has, but since it requires an online activation, it has some form of DRM. [maybe securom?][/QUOTE]

This is correct. They don't activate anywhere. Just DL the install file from amazon and then it will prompt you for your key upon install.

Wow, look at this level of restraint from the CAG Community.

Where are the pitchforks? Where are the torches? What happened to the public lynching/burning/guillotining we were gonna do to this guy?

Very disappointing. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is correct. They don't activate anywhere. Just DL the install file from amazon and then it will prompt you for your key upon install.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again, definitely picking it up for that steal of a price. Thank god it doesn't have a client, the only one I'm going to bother with is Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Getting the word out there on this now. Apparently we're running into tons of issues with the 1C bundle. I'll keep you guys updated on progress but I just got a "major problems with the promotion" email.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering how the hell we're all gonna be able to sort ALL 9 million of these 1C games in My Software & Games Library via our Amazon accounts! :p

It's already kinda BIG looking, as is - without any 1C games there! :p
Seeing graphics of thumbnails for game cover; one lines tells us platform; one line shows install size, next line shows quantity purchased, next line shows Product Key (if there is one), next line is for link to order details, etc.
We need something...more condensed, I think.
Or options to show or hide some of these details.

We might need options to sort through our games by actual game name and by developer! :p
Sorting by publisher...yeah, that won't work so well, will it? They are ALL 1C published games! :whistle2:X

EDIT:
Actually, maybe we need to sort first by Publisher (1C).
Then can sub-SORT further by Game Name, Game Developer, etc etc.

Don't see why people do this, tony is already giving us great deals yet this guy feels the need to refund everything..... ohhhhh

[quote name='Daf']Don't see why people do this, tony is already giving us great deals yet this guy feels the need to refund everything..... ohhhhh[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering why there are refunds on digital games.
STEAM normally DOESN'T allow this, 99% of the time.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm wondering why there are refunds on digital games.
STEAM normally DOESN'T allow this, 99% of the time.[/QUOTE]

It's amazon, they'll refund anything. They'll refund you're refund, and give you more refunds!

[quote name='sunghost']It's amazon, they'll refund anything. They'll refund you're refund, and give you more refunds![/QUOTE]

They'll refund Steam or Origin games?
Are they crazy?

Once it's added on Steam or Origin, it's YOURS FOR GOOD b/c it ties your account.

Amazon DVG at least shouldn't allow refunds on any games that are DRM-FREE b/c anybody can ask for a refund and STILL keep the installer and game-files to just keep playing;
AND any games that require a key to bind it to an account somewhere else (i.e. Steam, Origin, G4WL, any of Funcom's online MMO's [Age of Conan, The Secret World], etc).

I would think Amazon could get a game deactivated by supplying the KEY of the refunded game to STEAM or Origin and letting them know what's going on.

**EDIT**
The problem I see is that the buyer could easily trade the KEY then get a refund. One of the reasons why I never trade keys.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I would think Amazon could get a game deactivated by supplying the KEY of the refunded game to STEAM or Origin and letting them know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

STEAM offering refunds is like EXTREMELY RARE...

[quote name='MysterD']STEAM offering refunds is like EXTREMELY RARE...[/QUOTE]

No I mean, the game KEY purchased from Amazon can be deactivated by Amazon telling Valve "hey this game KEY needs to be deactivated". Since everyone has a unique KEY, it would be easy to do.

Amazon would do the actual refunding, but STEAM could disable the game based on the KEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back