Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Problem is:

Bob 'buys' game from Steam. Bob plays game. Bob finishes game. Bob returns game for full refund. Bob repeats this for every game he buys. Multi-player aside most people buy a game and play it for a finite amount of time. Sure, some have more replay value than others and you can always go back and revisit something you beat a couple of months or years down the line but the reality is the potential for abuse of the system is far too great to allow refunds with digital downloads.[/QUOTE]

Well, even more compelling is the fact that even in the physical retail space one of the few things they DO NOT take returns of are opened video games. They will only do exchanges if defective. So I don't see why people would expect anything different from the digital realm. GreenManGaming has trade ins which is a very cool concept, but requires even more DRM to track it all.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Hopefully the DRM-Free option is there when the bundle launches. However, Tony said the 1c Bundle would all be STEAM keys; so I think it hinges on whether STEAM will have the DRM-Free version or not [well, I guess it would mean STEAM as the only form of DRM].[/QUOTE]

Tony said you'd have the option of getting Steam keys for the bundle, meaning you get the choice between direct download without the need of a client, or Steam DRM. In this case, even if you do choose Steam, some of the games won't have Steam keys because they're not available on Steam.

[quote name='sunghost']Tony said you'd have the option of getting Steam keys for the bundle, meaning you get the choice between direct download without the need of a client, or Steam DRM. In this case, even if you do choose Steam, some of the games won't have Steam keys because they're not available on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the clarification :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, even more compelling is the fact that even in the physical retail space one of the few things they DO NOT take returns of are opened video games. They will only do exchanges if defective. So I don't see why people would expect anything different from the digital realm. GreenManGaming has trade ins which is a very cool concept, but requires even more DRM to track it all.[/QUOTE]

The problem is all these rules, like anti-piracy and DRM stuff just hurts the honest consumer. As an example, I have a regular tendency to load up a lot of old games to play since I never play latest/greatest. 5 activation limits would easily be hit after 5-10 years on multiple machines and upgrades, not to mention upgrading to SSD recently. With so little time, I'm not one to buy the new game off the shelf. I may load it, but not touch it in years, etc...

People forget that the majority of people buying games for full price are supporting the developers the most and shafting them if something doesn't work will just make people not buy or pirate games even more.

I say just monitor for abuse and ban hard if they see it. Amazon can easily do this as well as physical stores. We own a retail business as well and a lot of times, someone here thinks someone claims they didn't get their package and thinks they are lying, but more often than not, the package comes back to us in the mail and they weren't lying to begin with. I'd guess the majority aren't scamming, just a few minor dicks as always.

Oh well, one reason I buy very little from Steam is their lack of support and general policies I read about. Maybe it's a good thing I have so little time to not care if I can't play something.

Should I buy Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition for $19.99 now and don't play it for a long time (I still didn't play except few minutes from ME1 and ME2 that I also got from Amazon months ago), or should I wait till it gets cheaper ?

Most of the time I buy games on sales but play very little lol

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Back in April, Tony said that 1C would be removing the DRM from their catalog, and that he'd set up another promotion with them once the updates were done.

He hasn't confirmed whether this bundle will include all of the newly-DRM-free titles, but I'm hoping that it's true. My decision to buy will hinge on 1C's fulfillment of its DRM-removal promise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Hopefully the DRM-Free option is there when the bundle launches. However, Tony said the 1c Bundle would all be STEAM keys; so I think it hinges on whether STEAM will have the DRM-Free version or not [well, I guess it would mean STEAM as the only form of DRM].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Tony said you'd have the option of getting Steam keys for the bundle, meaning you get the choice between direct download without the need of a client, or Steam DRM. In this case, even if you do choose Steam, some of the games won't have Steam keys because they're not available on Steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Awesome, thanks for the clarification :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are 2 of the problems we're running into:

1. We need to figure out how to give our 60+ Steam keys AND the rest of the DRM free games without breaking stuff (right now it is breaking stuff), this would be 1 bundle - Steam + DRM free where Steam options don't exist.

2. We need to figure out how to give out all the games, line item by line item, without breaking stuff. Our Dev team thought they'd have a solution in place by Sunday, this didn't happen though (apparently programming is really hard).

Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='N_B']Because it is good customer service. Games should be refundable since the developer/publisher/storefront can
sig.jpg
disable or deactivate the game due to DRM. With all of the complexities of PC's t's so easy for a game not to function properly for someone that refunds within a certain time period should be allowed.

If anyone should allow refunds it should be Steam since it can remove a game from someone's account with ease. But, Steam is the perfect example of how NOT to handle your customer service.[/QUOTE]

yea i know they dont have the greatest customer service

"60+ Steam keys"? Odd... there were 68 games in the bundle last time the list was posted, and I think it was pretty apparent that more than 8 were not on Steam...

Does that mean the list got bigger!?

[quote name='Idiotekque']"60+ Steam keys"? Odd... there were 68 games in the bundle last time the list was posted, and I think it was pretty apparent that more than 8 were not on Steam...

Does that mean the list got bigger!?[/QUOTE]

This is a no brainier buy for me when it comes out. 60+ games to add to my steam lib that I'll never play. Hell to the yes.

Back when you first mentioned the 1c bundle you also mentioned a Kalypso bundle was coming at the same time. Is that still a go?

P.S. I'm sorry about the mess you had to deal with. Please, let us know if we can ever do anything (other then buy your games).

[quote name='Seraphym']Back when you first mentioned the 1c bundle you also mentioned a Kalypso bundle was coming at the same time. Is that still a go?

P.S. I'm sorry about the mess you had to deal with. Please, let us know if we can ever do anything (other then buy your games).[/QUOTE]

Yep, Kalypso bundle is still in the works, it is actually approved with these games:

Airline Tycoon 2 [Download] Disciples III Renaissance [Download] Disciples III - Resurrection [Download] Dungeons [Download] Dungeons: The Dark Lord [Download] Tropico 3 [Download]
For $12.49.

I'm just waiting on Steam keys from those guys so I can get it up for sale.

Cheers,
Tony

So Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Amazon does not activate via Steam, right? The only reason I'm asking is because Crysis 2 Maximum Edition is the Steam Weekend Deal for the same price.

The Over the Top Bundle - $14.99:

CHICKEN SHOOT! :whee:

[quote name='erequena']How about a 1C pure steam bundle? I dont think that missing a few games would be a problem[/QUOTE]

As an option that is ok [and lower price]; but please DO NOT replace the current "STEAM" 1C bundle with that idea.

[quote name='erequena']How about a 1C pure steam bundle? I dont think that missing a few games would be a problem[/QUOTE]

That's actually not a bad idea, maybe even discount it a bit more due to the missing DRM-free games (possibly make it $10?).

BTW Tony, you never responded to my PMs ;)

[quote name='UW_Shocks']As an option that is ok [and lower price]; but please DO NOT replace the current "STEAM" 1C bundle with that idea.[/QUOTE]

This still doesn't solve our issue, too many keys in one line item.

[quote name='sunghost']That's actually not a bad idea, maybe even discount it a bit more due to the missing DRM-free games (possibly make it $10?).

BTW Tony, you never responded to my PMs ;)[/QUOTE]

Can you resend? I don't think I saw them (or they got lost).

Cheers,
Tony

Why can't your team just make the "Show Keys" button link to a simple webpage with a list of every key from the bundle? Obviously I'm not a master programmer and I don't know what they have to do, but it seems like simplicity would be best in a situation like this.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This still doesn't solve our issue, too many keys in one line item.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Resent.

I asked a long time ago, but I didn't catch the answer if there was one... is there any plans for a deal on the pre-order of the newest XCOM? I am still looking for one before I commit to full price.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This still doesn't solve our issue, too many keys in one line item.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ah, I misunderstood that the issue was the combination of Steam/DRM free games. Maybe you'd need to involve Valve, and create one big multi-game key (or a couple of multi-game keys i.e. by genre), like the Humble Bundle guys do. This would have the added benefit (from an Amazon standpoint) of not key reselling.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm no one to say what a company's return policy should be, but if you buy a game with 5 activations and those activations are used up you got what you paid for.

With PC games I've always considered it caveat emptor. Games can not work for a million reasons and that's the risk you take sometimes. If I buy a game and it's buggy or just bad, that's what I paid for and it is what it is. As long as the company I purchased it from delivered it I don't really expect much more.

So Amazon definitely goes above and beyond.[/QUOTE]

This mentality, which was adopted by most of the publishers until recently (ex: Ubisoft just dropped their activation limits and did several interviews admitting it was a big mistake), is exactly why I prefer buying from Amazon.

I want my digital distribution and online retail experiences to match or exceed my physical retail experiences. Whomever does it best gets my money, subject to availability and price.

[quote name='kosmos13x']In regards of who was abusing the amazon return policy...

IT WAS ME TONY!!!

3721%20-%20smackdown%20smile%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.png

In all seriousness though, that sucks that a CAG would do something like that. Hopefully this will never happen again as the old saying goes: once someone abuses the policy, they ruin it for everyone else...

On another note, I'm stuck in a hotel all week for my new electronics engineering job (well rather till tomorrow evening where I can move into my new apt). I plan on grabbing Mass effect 3 since it is at a stellar price![/QUOTE]

Is this picture from when Vince's daughter was kidnapped and Vince admitted that he was running the Undertaker and scamming all the faces?

One of the best story lines in pro wrestling! Aside from anytime they hand The Rock the mike.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, even more compelling is the fact that even in the physical retail space one of the few things they DO NOT take returns of are opened video games. They will only do exchanges if defective. So I don't see why people would expect anything different from the digital realm. GreenManGaming has trade ins which is a very cool concept, but requires even more DRM to track it all.[/QUOTE]

Well, the worldwide digital distributors are going to probably have to build a system to track ownership rights since Europe (biggest world economy) mandated that digital goods are resalable. If they just ignore it, then that will open up avenues for abuse down the line.

And once Steam has some sort of digital property system in place, I could see the pubs and steam eventually extending it globally. While used games are currently disfavored, resale rights do help improve the perceived value of goods and could help the pubs in getting higher prices for their goods. Especially if they could also get a cut of the used sale.

For example, you sell a used game on Steam, steam gets a cut for payment processing (around the same % they get for a new sale) and publisher gets a cut for updating its system to reassigning the license (effectively free revenue). Since you know you can resell the game if its not great, you are more likely to take a chance on the title at a higher price point. Everyone wins. Except Gamestop.

Plus, for those with a large digital library, they suddenly have the ability to sell off parts of their library rather than having to violate the license terms and to sell it all at once (presently with the added risk that Steam may realize the transaction and void the licenses).

[quote name='erequena']Ah, I misunderstood that the issue was the combination of Steam/DRM free games. Maybe you'd need to involve Valve, and create one big multi-game key (or a couple of multi-game keys i.e. by genre), like the Humble Bundle guys do. This would have the added benefit (from an Amazon standpoint) of not key reselling.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that would probably make a massive negative dent on sales. Most of us already have a lot of games out of this bundle, since 1C is generally on sale a lot and has also had an indie bundle built around it. If you look at the Steam bundles, they often don't sell because you can't split up the games, and people already have one or more of what's included.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unfortunately that would probably make a massive negative dent on sales. Most of us already have a lot of games out of this bundle, since 1C is generally on sale a lot and has also had an indie bundle built around it. If you look at the Steam bundles, they often don't sell because you can't split up the games, and people already have one or more of what's included.[/QUOTE]

I concede there might be a dent on sales, but a massive one? I don't think so, we're talkinig over 60 games for less than $15, even with repeats, it would be tough tp ignore

[quote name='Scorch']So Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Amazon does not activate via Steam, right? The only reason I'm asking is because Crysis 2 Maximum Edition is the Steam Weekend Deal for the same price.
[/QUOTE]

Correct. Amazon's version only activates on Origin.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unfortunately that would probably make a massive negative dent on sales. Most of us already have a lot of games out of this bundle, since 1C is generally on sale a lot and has also had an indie bundle built around it. If you look at the Steam bundles, they often don't sell because you can't split up the games, and people already have one or more of what's included.[/QUOTE]

That might bother a few people but definitely not a massive dent in sales.

[quote name='Umair56']That might bother a few people but definitely not a massive dent in sales.[/QUOTE]
I guess so. Problem is that the popular games, like the King's Bounty series, NecroVision, Cryostasis, Penumbra, etc have all been on sale lately. As a result, most CAGs here already have most of them (I have all of those except for NecroVision). When that's the case, I could see a bigger dent in sales from CAGs at least.

Or maybe not. I dunno.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I guess so. Problem is that the popular games, like the King's Bounty series, NecroVision, Cryostasis, Penumbra, etc have all been on sale lately. As a result, most CAGs here already have most of them (I have all of those except for NecroVision). When that's the case, I could see a bigger dent in sales from CAGs at least.

Or maybe not. I dunno.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many people it'd affect, but I can say that I'd pass on buying it if all of the games activate with 1 key instead of having individual keys. I obtained several of the games already that it'd feel like too much of a waste to not have duplicates that I can resell or give away later on.

[quote name='insanemofox']Yea this new tax thing there gonna be doing in ca is bs is why I used amazon over the others[/QUOTE]

Maybe that tax money could go towards education.;)

Oh, I also just wanted to thank Tony for being transparent on whats going on. So many other places would have just given us vague excuses and vaguer promises. Hopefully it works out soon but in the meantime I'll be a lot less inclined to take out the pitchfork and hopefully others feel the same way.

Haven't read the last couple of pages yet as I'm about to go to bed, but what does everyone think about the hitman triple pack at 7.50. I was at a friends house today and he was playing blood money which I thought looked awesome. I already have a huge backlog and was wondering if the other two games are worth the extra 2.50. If they have something different to offer than blood money, then it may be worth the extra 2.50, but if they are similar to blood money then I may as well just get the latest one at 5 bucks.

75% off Football Manager 2012 (and some other SEGA stuff like Binary Domain that there's no point to buying once you've got FM12 to spend the rest of the year on) is live for those that have been refreshing the past couple hours like I was. I don't care to admit how much I panicked when I checked in at 00:03 PST and the game still wasn't on sale, but no worries now mates.

Cheers again Tony for getting this title worked in this week since I've regretted to no end not buying it during... err... all the other times it was on sale.

[quote name='golfer']Haven't read the last couple of pages yet as I'm about to go to bed, but what does everyone think about the hitman triple pack at 7.50. I was at a friends house today and he was playing blood money which I thought looked awesome. I already have a huge backlog and was wondering if the other two games are worth the extra 2.50. If they have something different to offer than blood money, then it may be worth the extra 2.50, but if they are similar to blood money then I may as well just get the latest one at 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

... Is there a Hitman triple pack on anywhere right now? More importantly, is there ever a time when Hitman alone isn't worth $2.50? That said, I thought the Hitman games were free for Gamefly subscribers right now so there's always that.

Is the DRM for Two Worlds II still in place? Also is a little vague on the net as to what's included with the GOTY Flying Fortress bundle. A little info?

[quote name='Mooby']Problem is:

Bob 'buys' game from Steam. Bob plays game. Bob finishes game. Bob returns game for full refund. Bob repeats this for every game he buys...Where do you draw the line?[/QUOTE]
Like every customer service policy there would need to be limits. X number of returns in a month and Y number in a lifetime of an account don't seem unreasonable.

What is unreasonable is making honest customers suffer from bad games and bad customer service because a few dishonest ones might abuse the system.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']GreenManGaming has trade ins which is a very cool concept, but requires even more DRM to track it all.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't require any more DRM than Steam or any account based system already has. Steam already allows trades of game bought as gifts. It could easily do the same of non-gift games. The reason Steam doesn't is about money not technology.

[quote name='N_B']Like every customer service policy there would be limits. X number of returns in a month and Y number in a lifetime of an account don't seem unreasonable.

What is unreasonable is making honest customers suffer from bad games and bad customer service because a few dishonest ones might abuse the system.[/QUOTE]

I've never in my life tried to return a game because it was bad. If it didn't work yes, and I'd get a replacement copy. But just because I was dumb enough to buy a shitty game, well that's on me.

[quote name='Drabelincoln'] But just because I was dumb enough to buy a shitty game, well that's on me.[/QUOTE]
Buying a shitty game doesn't make you dumb and isn't necessarily your fault because there's no true way to know if you will like a game or not without actually playing it. Everyone has his or her own personal taste. Expecting to tell if you will like a game from reading a review is like asking someone to taste your food for you and tell you if you will like it especially someone who doesn't even know you and is paid for advertising by the restaurant offering the food.

Given that the video game industry expects customers to pay $60 or more for a product which is typically rushed to market and not thoroughly tested or corrected before release, it is unreasonable not to allow some form of refunds or compensation if a game doesn't satisfy the customer.

Right now the PC game industry is getting to have it both ways. It puts DRM on its products to prevent them from being copied and shared, and it forbids returns because the games might be copied or shared. Well if DRM isn't doing it's job, then stop using it. And, if it does do its job, then allow game returns.

I'm ridiculously excited to pick up Condemned for $3.74. It was one of my favorite games on the 360 (also my first - I bought it a week before the 360 even came out) and I can't wait to play through it again.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm ridiculously excited to pick up Condemned for $3.74. It was one of my favorite games on the 360 (also my first - I bought it a week before the 360 even came out) and I can't wait to play through it again.[/QUOTE]

Ha it was the first game I bought for 360 too. I bought the console and Condemned and that's all I had for it for a while. Scared the shit out of myself a few times.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, those are 2 of the problems we're running into:

1. We need to figure out how to give our 60+ Steam keys AND the rest of the DRM free games without breaking stuff (right now it is breaking stuff), this would be 1 bundle - Steam + DRM free where Steam options don't exist.

2. We need to figure out how to give out all the games, line item by line item, without breaking stuff. Our Dev team thought they'd have a solution in place by Sunday, this didn't happen though (apparently programming is really hard).

Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm a little bit late in replying to this, but for what it's worth, I can wait for this bundle if need be. I'd rather have you delay it for a week or two (or a month even) if it means that you've fixed the problems that you're having. The last thing I want to have happen is for you to make some compromises to the bundle because you're concerned with sticking to the 9/9 launch date.

[quote name='The End']The last thing I want to have happen is for you to make some compromises to the bundle because you're concerned with sticking to the 9/9 launch date.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

[quote name='N_B']Buying a shitty game doesn't make you dumb and isn't necessarily your fault because there's no true way to know if you will like a game or not without actually playing it. Everyone has his or her own personal taste. Expecting to tell if you will like a game from reading a review is like asking someone to taste your food for you and tell you if you will like it especially someone who doesn't even know you and is paid for advertising by the restaurant offering the food.

Given that the video game industry expects customers to pay $60 or more for a product which is typically rushed to market and not thoroughly tested or corrected before release, it is unreasonable not to allow some form of refunds or compensation if a game doesn't satisfy the customer.

Right now the PC game industry is getting to have it both ways. It puts DRM on its products to prevent them from being copied and shared, and it forbids returns because the games might be copied or shared. Well if DRM isn't doing it's job, then stop using it. And, if it does do its job, then allow game returns.[/QUOTE]

+1

Console gamers have it a bit easier because there are a variety of return/trade options (although these will continue to get less attractive as the use of online passes proliferates), and almost all console games have demo or trial versions. The reality is that no matter how many professional site reviews you read, you never really know what your particular opinion of a game will be until you play it. I didn't care for Dragon Age II or Trine but the vast majority of professional reviewers did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back