Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']Holy cow... you cracked the shell at Capcom! I've been waiting for this one at a good price and it's GFWL no matter where you buy it.

Now since you've shaken some sense into them, it'd be great to see a sub $15 price on Dead Rising 2 and DR2 Off the Record. DR2 is $10.90 in Amazon's boxed retail side.[/QUOTE]

I second Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, definite buy for me if it was around $10.

@Tony: I've had a question floating around in my head for awhile and I keep forgetting to ask it. Basically, when you don't offer digital copies for certain games, is there any way we as the community have any say in getting you to offer that? For example... say someone wanted to buy some of the SpellForce games digitally (I don't at this point; I bought them elsewhere, it's just an example). You guys don't sell those digitally, but other places do. What would it take for you to offer them digitally, and is that even possible?

I'm guessing it would take Amazon directly setting that up with the publisher and that it would take a fair deal of effort, but obviously I'm not savvy on that process. It just seems odd to me when a far younger and dare I say "chintzy" digital retailer like GameFly has something for sale digitally... and then a massive company like Amazon doesn't even have that. How does that work?

P.S. And when it comes to older games like Freelancer, could you ever even possibly offer digital copies? Or are those just impossible to do anything for?

SSF4AE is an instant buy.

Depending on when the prices change. I hop on a plane early Friday and probably won't have net access on Friday or Saturday :( When does the sale start?

[quote name='Logain8955']SSF4AE is an instant buy.

Depending on when the prices change. I hop on a plane early Friday and probably won't have net access on Friday or Saturday :( When does the sale start?[/QUOTE]

If you have a smart phone with net access you can buy it that way and then download it later.

[quote name='hal']Holy cow... you cracked the shell at Capcom! I've been waiting for this one at a good price and it's GFWL no matter where you buy it.

Now since you've shaken some sense into them, it'd be great to see a sub $15 price on Dead Rising 2 and DR2 Off the Record. DR2 is $10.90 in Amazon's boxed retail side.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I second Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, definite buy for me if it was around $10.[/QUOTE]

We're working on getting the rest of the Capcom catalog and will try to build a promotion around it as soon as we get it up.

[quote name='thegreatest']I think you missed this post. Is that just wrong?[/QUOTE]

I saw it and was trying to confirm. That wasn't planned so I imagine we were matching someone. I wouldn't bank on that deal coming back anytime super soon.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Thanks for the deal on SSFIV:AE. Been waiting on a deal on that one for a while.[/QUOTE]

Woot :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Logain8955']SSF4AE is an instant buy.

Depending on when the prices change. I hop on a plane early Friday and probably won't have net access on Friday or Saturday :( When does the sale start?[/QUOTE]

I'll set the pricing rule in place to flip at 11:30PM PST on Thursday night so it will hopefully take affect by 12:30AM PST Friday at the latest.

Would that timing ensure you could take advantage of the deal?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I saw it and was trying to confirm. That wasn't planned so I imagine we were matching someone. I wouldn't bank on that deal coming back anytime super soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well if it has been that low and last sale it was $15, can we expect at least a $10 sale then? :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're working on getting the rest of the Capcom catalog and will try to build a promotion around it as soon as we get it up.[/QUOTE]
Awesome; maybe we could see a bundle similar to the $7.49 Squeenix pack?

Also, looks like you may have missed my question:

[quote name='Idiotekque']@Tony: I've had a question floating around in my head for awhile and I keep forgetting to ask it. Basically, when you don't offer digital copies for certain games, is there any way we as the community have any say in getting you to offer that? For example... say someone wanted to buy some of the SpellForce games digitally (I don't at this point; I bought them elsewhere, it's just an example). You guys don't sell those digitally, but other places do. What would it take for you to offer them digitally, and is that even possible?

I'm guessing it would take Amazon directly setting that up with the publisher and that it would take a fair deal of effort, but obviously I'm not savvy on that process. It just seems odd to me when a far younger and dare I say "chintzy" digital retailer like GameFly has something for sale digitally... and then a massive company like Amazon doesn't even have that. How does that work?

P.S. And when it comes to older games like Freelancer, could you ever even possibly offer digital copies? Or are those just impossible to do anything for?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Also, looks like you may have missed my question:[/QUOTE]

I am wondering about this as well, I would love to see a digital copy of the "Age of Wonders" games on amazon, that would be an insta buy for me.

Nobody liked my Paradox pack? :( Oh well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']This may not exactly be what you're looking for, but Amazon is selling the original EU for $1.99 (physical copy).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's a great deal. But my current laptop doesn't have a DVD-drive, so I am only buying digital copies at the moment.

[quote name='Idiotekque']@Tony: I've had a question floating around in my head for awhile and I keep forgetting to ask it. Basically, when you don't offer digital copies for certain games, is there any way we as the community have any say in getting you to offer that? For example... say someone wanted to buy some of the SpellForce games digitally (I don't at this point; I bought them elsewhere, it's just an example). You guys don't sell those digitally, but other places do. What would it take for you to offer them digitally, and is that even possible?

P.S. And when it comes to older games like Freelancer, could you ever even possibly offer digital copies? Or are those just impossible to do anything for?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='omgoblins']I am wondering about this as well, I would love to see a digital copy of the "Age of Wonders" games on amazon, that would be an insta buy for me.[/QUOTE]

When browsing paper books sometimes there is a link under the title:

Tell the Publisher!
I'd like to read this book on Kindle

Maybe there should be something like that for videogames as well.

[quote name='thegreatest']Well if it has been that low and last sale it was $15, can we expect at least a $10 sale then? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm pushing for any deal at this point, still haven't heard back though :(.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Awesome; maybe we could see a bundle similar to the $7.49 Squeenix pack?

Also, looks like you may have missed my question:[/QUOTE]

I'd like to run a pack like that but still pushing hard to simply get the content.

[quote name='omgoblins']I am wondering about this as well, I would love to see a digital copy of the "Age of Wonders" games on amazon, that would be an insta buy for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chupatintas']Nobody liked my Paradox pack? :( Oh well.

Thanks, that's a great deal. But my current laptop doesn't have a DVD-drive, so I am only buying digital copies at the moment.

When browsing paper books sometimes there is a link under the title:

Maybe there should be something like that for videogames as well.[/QUOTE]

As for the question about what content we carry. I think there are a couple of misconceptions:

1. We're "younger" as a business than you seem to realize. We didn't start carrying Core games in any meaningful way until holiday 2010 (November/December).

2. We continue to work with publishers to get their content, however, these conversations take time and are much more complex for companies like ours that have existing agreements in place with many of these guys across other businesses (physical video games, movies, books, MP3s, etc.)

As we get more content though you guys will be the first to know. We are constantly pushing for more.

Hope this helps shed some light!

Cheers,
Tony

As we get more content though you guys will be the first to know. We are constantly pushing for more.

Hope this helps shed some light!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony - I hope you keep working with the team to improve the storefront pages. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll have a 'recently added to digital downloads' list or page that highlights not just the recently released games but also older ones you've just added.

On a different note, my family is anxiously waiting to find out if July is going to be another 'Month of Tony' or if they'll finally get some new clothes...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll set the pricing rule in place to flip at 11:30PM PST on Thursday night so it will hopefully take affect by 12:30AM PST Friday at the latest.

Would that timing ensure you could take advantage of the deal?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay, wow. I didn't expect a "hey, I can maybe move this a bit".

Bloody king of customer service, man. That is super awesome.

It might be a bit too late still for me, since I have to be up at 6am and probably won't have time to hop on a computer (last time I took this flight, I almost missed it. Hit the bathroom, came back out and my plane was in "Get on now or get left" mode.) ...if you could set the flip at 10, 10:30 so it takes effect 11, 11:30 (PST), that would be really killer. If not, I'll try to get up a bit earlier and hit the comp.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm thinking of trading in my console versions of ME 1 & 2 and downloading the PC versions. Well, i think i purchased ME1 from EA already so i just need part 2

[quote name='sgr76']I'm thinking of trading in my console versions of ME 1 & 2 and downloading the PC versions. Well, i think i purchased ME1 from EA already so i just need part 2[/QUOTE]
Just note that they don't support controllers (you can force them to with XPadder, but the UI still is set up for a mouse and keyboard, so it will be clunky).

Thanks for the info Tony. Let us know if customer input will ever influence what you work on getting!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys good news, $9.99 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Friday and Saturday :).

Get excited!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Best price I seen for SSF4:AE PC, so far.
I already own SF4 Original, though.
I recently won SF X Tekken PC in a contest, so I'll probably wait a bit more on SSF4:AE...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just note that they don't support controllers (you can force them to with XPadder, but the UI still is set up for a mouse and keyboard, so it will be clunky).

Thanks for the info Tony. Let us know if customer input will ever influence what you work on getting![/QUOTE]

It's not too bad though. I kinda enjoy using the mouse and keyboard for the shooting/moving. Just have to get used to the whole right-clicking to zoom thing.

FYI THQ fans, many of you have asked about a bundle with Darksiders and Metro 2033.

I went ahead and put together a pack that we're going to run at $14.99:

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz
4. Red Faction Armageddon
5. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC

Plus, when we run this (still figuring out timing) we're going to offer a $5 promo credit towards any THQ PCDD pre-order, which we already have at 10% off. This will bring Metro Last Light, Darksiders II, or South Park to $39.99 for anyone who buys this bundle.

Stay tuned as to when specifically we're going to run it, but we're pretty psyched about it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Logain8955']Okay, wow. I didn't expect a "hey, I can maybe move this a bit".

Bloody king of customer service, man. That is super awesome.

It might be a bit too late still for me, since I have to be up at 6am and probably won't have time to hop on a computer (last time I took this flight, I almost missed it. Hit the bathroom, came back out and my plane was in "Get on now or get left" mode.) ...if you could set the flip at 10, 10:30 so it takes effect 11, 11:30 (PST), that would be really killer. If not, I'll try to get up a bit earlier and hit the comp.

Thanks a bunch![/QUOTE]

Gonna be tough for me to move it up closer to 11:30, but I went ahead and put it in to flip at 11:00 PM PST, so hopefully it gets there by 11:30 PST.

Disclaimer, I can't do this all the time, or even very frequently, I just happened to have some bandwidth right now so I'm happy to help :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI THQ fans, many of you have asked about a bundle with Darksiders and Metro 2033.

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz

Plus, when we run this (still figuring out timing) we're going to offer a $5 promo credit towards any THQ PCDD pre-order, which we already have at 10% off. This will bring Metro Last Light, Darksiders II, or South Park to $39.99 for anyone who buys this bundle.

Stay tuned as to when specifically we're going to run it, but we're pretty psyched about it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I own them all but Nexuiz...but thats a jawdropper at 14.99

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz

[/QUOTE]

That's a very nice package for anyone without Metro, Darksiders, and Red Faction: Armageddon.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I own them all but Nexuiz...but thats a jawdropper at 14.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']That's a very nice package for anyone without Metro, Darksiders, and Red Faction: Armageddon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going through our THQ catalog and I wanted to put something aggressive together around the stuff we always seem to sell a lot of at $5, and include something newer. I'm interested to see if there are enough people out there without those games for this thing to take off.

I think there are, time will tell :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jester55']Hey Tony,

Any chance of Dawn of Discovery Gold ever going on sale?

Or am I the only one that doesn't own it yet?:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I will check on this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
[quote name='jester55']Sweet! Thanks a bunch for checking!:D[/QUOTE]

Have you found out anything more about a possible sale on Dawn of Discovery Gold?

Also, what about possibly - Beyond Good and Evil?

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI THQ fans, many of you have asked about a bundle with Darksiders and Metro 2033.

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Pretty good deal, but I'd imagine most people would have already picked them up from past Amazon sales, except for maybe Nexuiz.

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I already own Darksiders, RFA, and Metro 2033...
That's 3 of the 5 in that pack I already own.
No go for me.

Good deal, but yeah, I think the average deal hunter has Metro and DS by now if they've been after them.

I still might get it for RFA and Nexuiz and gift out the other two.

[quote name='Darker']Nice definitely going to got Street Fighter

Ughh... Thread is glitching again.[/QUOTE]

There are four posts in the thread that have been hidden. The post I'm writing now will show up as #4506 in the thread; but at the top of the page, under the thread title, it will show "4510 replies". When the reply counter at the top passes #4520, the site software will show that there's another page available; but until the number of visible replies passes #4520, you won't be able to go to the next page.

(All numbers based on the site-standard 20 replies per page. If there's an option somewhere to change that, YMMV.)

1. Metro 2033
2. Darksiders
3. Nexuiz

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I haven't cared about any of these titles enough to buy them individually, and I think I've pre-ordered roughly one game in my entire life; but I can already hear my wallet cringing in fear of this sale. This looks like one of those too-good-to-pass-up deals that I'm way too susceptible to. :lol:

[quote name='jester55']Have you found out anything more about a possible sale on Dawn of Discovery Gold?

Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

We recently did Beyond Good and Evil, on Dawn of Discovery, I'm still waiting to hear back :(.

[quote name='sunghost']Pretty good deal, but I'd imagine most people would have already picked them up from past Amazon sales, except for maybe Nexuiz.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I already own Darksiders, RFA, and Metro 2033...
No go for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Good deal, but yeah, I think the average deal hunter has Metro and DS by now if they've been after them.

I still might get it for RFA and Nexuiz and gift out the other two.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mac the Geek']There are four posts in the thread that have been hidden. The post I'm writing now will show up as #4506 in the thread; but at the top of the page, under the thread title, it will show "4510 replies". When the reply counter at the top passes #4520, the site software will show that there's another page available; but until the number of visible replies passes #4520, you won't be able to go to the next page.

(All numbers based on the site-standard 20 replies per page. If there's an option somewhere to change that, YMMV.)

I haven't cared about any of these titles enough to buy them individually, and I think I've pre-ordered roughly one game in my entire life; but I can already hear my wallet cringing in fear of this sale. This looks like one of those too-good-to-pass-up deals that I'm way too susceptible to. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hear you on lots of you potentially owning the 3 we've had at $5 in the past, I'm hoping there are a lot of people in Mac the Geek's camp who haven't yet bit and who also want to get the benefit of $5 off the THQ preorders.

We'll see how it goes, I'm still testing out these high value $10-$20 bundles to see what works best. I would have thought that a ton of people had that Squeenix bundle too but we sold the crap out of it.

Cheers,
Tony

I haven't yet bit on THQ stuff but I have to admit the digital hoarder in me is kind of holding out for a complete or near complete publisher pack on Steam, hopefully with some of the relatively newer stuff like Saints Row 3 and Space Marine.

I personally like the idea of complete publisher packs and have already bought 3 of them on Steam (Paradox, Square Eidos and Kalypso).

THQ bundle is solid but -- as a borderline fan of their stuff -- it doesn't make me want to buy it. Darksiders and Metro have been $5 more times than I can remember. Armageddon has either been there or pretty close as of late. Not sure how long the DLC is but since I've heard the base campaign is nothing amazing I can't imagine it's very long. To me it's basically just throwing in the semi-indie Nexuiz as a thank you for buying three games at prices they've already been at individually. The preorder credit is nice but I'm not one to preorder stuff.

Also, as other mentioned, most THQ fans have probably already bitten on the individual titles in the past. But, again, I'm an aberration and probably wouldn't buy that pack even at $10.

[quote name='Mooby']THQ bundle is solid but -- as a borderline fan of their stuff -- it doesn't make me want to buy it. Darksiders and Metro have been $5 more times than I can remember. Armageddon has either been there or pretty close as of late. Not sure how long the DLC is but since I've heard the base campaign is nothing amazing I can't imagine it's very long. To me it's basically just throwing in the semi-indie Nexuiz as a thank you for buying three games at prices they've already been at individually. The preorder credit is nice but I'm not one to preorder stuff.

Also, as other mentioned, most THQ fans have probably already bitten on the individual titles in the past. But, again, I'm an aberration and probably wouldn't buy that pack even at $10.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. There's no big incentive to buy the pack. I personally have no interest in Armageddon or Nexuiz so I don't think I'd buy it even if I didn't already own Darksiders and Metro 2033. The Square Enix pack was different, it had more games and it was cheaper, pretty much a no brainer for anyone without those games.

I think the best thing to do with these games is Buy One Get One. They have been on sale for $5 many times recently but for $2.5 each many people would buy extra copies for friends or so I guess :D

[quote name='jester55']Have you found out anything more about a possible sale on Dawn of Discovery Gold?

Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]
Too bad, you just missed BG&E for $4.99 on GOG.

The THQ pack is interesting, but kinda disappointing. The Squeenix pack was worth it; this one is basically all the games Amazon already sells for dirt cheap put together (which isn't necessarily a good thing; most people are not looking for combinations of these titles...).

Oh well, wallet is safe till the next Paradox pack.

[quote name='MysterD']Is anybody playing Nexuiz online these days...?[/QUOTE]
no...I say replace it with something else

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I was going through our THQ catalog and I wanted to put something aggressive together around the stuff we always seem to sell a lot of at $5, and include something newer. I'm interested to see if there are enough people out there without those games for this thing to take off.

I think there are, time will tell :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think this is an excellent strategy-

I know I sometimes don't buy games that look interesting (all those THQ games in the bundle) even at $7.50-$10 because I have a backlog (and a number of games I drop ridiculous hours into ala Skyrim, Total War, MMO's, etc.) and I know they will eventually hit $5. Even when they do I find it hard to pull the trigger on a game I may never in all reality play, so I actually don't own any of the THQ Bundle games.

I will be purchasing the THQ bundle when it rolls around though, because even though I will (likely) never get around to playing them all or extensively- I know they will (likely) never be at a lower price.. and that just makes it hard to say no! Spending $15 on something I consciously know I may never use is probably crazy, but.... that's aight.

I'll get the bundle
sig.jpg
and just sell what i don't want individually.

For $15 that's a lot of value, but I'm in the already own it camp like a lot of people, and picked them all up around the $5 range (except Nexuiz which I'm not interested in).

My biggest concern with offering Nexuiz is that it was pretty much DOA -- if you check the Steam stats page it's not even in the top 100 played games: http://store.steampowered.com/stats

Not sure what I would slot in in its place (maybe an older RTS like SupCom or Company of Heroes?), but my two cents on the bundle.

[quote name='sunghost']Pretty good deal, but I'd imagine most people would have already picked them up from past Amazon sales, except for maybe Nexuiz.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I already own Darksiders, RFA, and Metro 2033...
No go for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Good deal, but yeah, I think the average deal hunter has Metro and DS by now if they've been after them.

I still might get it for RFA and Nexuiz and gift out the other two.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mac the Geek']There are four posts in the thread that have been hidden. The post I'm writing now will show up as #4506 in the thread; but at the top of the page, under the thread title, it will show "4510 replies". When the reply counter at the top passes #4520, the site software will show that there's another page available; but until the number of visible replies passes #4520, you won't be able to go to the next page.

I haven't cared about any of these titles enough to buy them individually, and I think I've pre-ordered roughly one game in my entire life; but I can already hear my wallet cringing in fear of this sale. This looks like one of those too-good-to-pass-up deals that I'm way too susceptible to. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I haven't yet bit on THQ stuff but I have to admit the digital hoarder in me is kind of holding out for a complete or near complete publisher pack on Steam, hopefully with some of the relatively newer stuff like Saints Row 3 and Space Marine.

I personally like the idea of complete publisher packs and have already bought 3 of them on Steam (Paradox, Square Eidos and Kalypso).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']THQ bundle is solid but -- as a borderline fan of their stuff -- it doesn't make me want to buy it. Darksiders and Metro have been $5 more times than I can remember. Armageddon has either been there or pretty close as of late. Not sure how long the DLC is but since I've heard the base campaign is nothing amazing I can't imagine it's very long. To me it's basically just throwing in the semi-indie Nexuiz as a thank you for buying three games at prices they've already been at individually. The preorder credit is nice but I'm not one to preorder stuff.

Also, as other mentioned, most THQ fans have probably already bitten on the individual titles in the past. But, again, I'm an aberration and probably wouldn't buy that pack even at $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I feel the same way. There's no big incentive to buy the pack. I personally have no interest in Armageddon or Nexuiz so I don't think I'd buy it even if I didn't already own Darksiders and Metro 2033. The Square Enix pack was different, it had more games and it was cheaper, pretty much a no brainer for anyone without those games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Too bad, you just missed BG&E for $4.99 on GOG.

The THQ pack is interesting, but kinda disappointing. The Squeenix pack was worth it; this one is basically all the games Amazon already sells for dirt cheap put together (which isn't necessarily a good thing; most people are not looking for combinations of these titles...).

Oh well, wallet is safe till the next Paradox pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']no...I say replace it with something else[/QUOTE]

[quote name='omgoblins']I think this is an excellent strategy-

I know I sometimes don't buy games that look interesting (all those THQ games in the bundle) even at $7.50-$10 because I have a backlog (and a number of games I drop ridiculous hours into ala Skyrim, Total War, MMO's, etc.) and I know they will eventually hit $5. Even when they do I find it hard to pull the trigger on a game I may never in all reality play, so I actually don't own any of the THQ Bundle games.

I will be purchasing the THQ bundle when it rolls around though, because even though I will (likely) never get around to playing them all or extensively- I know they will (likely) never be at a lower price.. and that just makes it hard to say no! Spending $15 on something I consciously know I may never use is probably crazy, but.... that's aight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mysteryxxx']I'll get the bundle and just sell what i don't want individually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']For $15 that's a lot of value, but I'm in the already own it camp like a lot of people, and picked them all up around the $5 range (except Nexuiz which I'm not interested in).

My biggest concern with offering Nexuiz is that it was pretty much DOA -- if you check the Steam stats page it's not even in the top 100 played games: http://store.steampowered.com/stats

Not sure what I would slot in in its place (maybe an older RTS like SupCom or Company of Heroes?), but my two cents on the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys! So we went back and added Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance to this bundle (keeping the bundle at $14.99). We won't be able to change it again but there is now a metric ton of value in this thing :).

**rolls dice**

Cheers,
Tony

Can't wait for that $15 THQ Bundle, I have put off buying Darksiders and Metro for so long that is the perfect thing for me. Plus I want an arena FPS like Nexuiz.

Good move, Tony. Hard to argue with the value now. That said, I still won't be getting it just because I'm not a fan of those games but, again, I can still appreciate good value!

[quote name='Mooby']Good move, Tony. Hard to argue with the value now. That said, I still won't be getting it just because I'm not a fan of those games but, again, I can still appreciate good value![/QUOTE]

good bundle,i too wont take it cause i have 80% games in it

[quote name='FQRizzo']When does this bundle hit, again? Next week?[/QUOTE]

Negative, it will happen sometime in July, still figuring out timing, just wanted to get feedback and build it out first. Thanks for that!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the feedback guys! So we went back and added Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance to this bundle (keeping the bundle at $14.99). We won't be able to change it again but there is now a metric ton of value in this thing :).

**rolls dice**

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay, so now I own 4 of 6 of your pack! :p

I already own RFA - bought from you guys;
Sup Com: FA - bought from you guys;
Metro 2033 - bought from Steam a while ago;
and Darksiders - bought from Steam a while ago.

I think I buy and back-log often WAY TOO many games WAY TOO SOON, sometimes...
Your $15 deal is killer.

I haven't even touched RFA and Sup Com: FA.
I ain't played too much of Metro 2033.
Darksiders, I just ain't got by the first major boss Tiamat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back