Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has probably been addressed, but is there any chance for similar credit deals as the consoles get? I know we had one for ME3, but I'm curious on the other thread why the console games often have a $10 credit attached to preorders but ME3 was a bit of a special case? If there's some insider reason for it to only be attached to the console, the knowledge-geek in me is curious about that. ^_^

I've seen Tony saying that things are working for Dead Island, but by the time it hits sales now I think it would need to be a pretty incredible deal: it's been $15 or less a number of times on other sites.

[quote name='EvilInside']No date for Dead Island yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icefiresr']Dead Island would be very nice. Me want.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='amundsjm']This has probably been addressed, but is there any chance for similar credit deals as the consoles get? I know we had one for ME3, but I'm curious on the other thread why the console games often have a $10 credit attached to preorders but ME3 was a bit of a special case? If there's some insider reason for it to only be attached to the console, the knowledge-geek in me is curious about that. ^_^

I've seen Tony saying that things are working for Dead Island, but by the time it hits sales now I think it would need to be a pretty incredible deal: it's been $15 or less a number of times on other sites.[/QUOTE]

I'll address Dead Island first, unfortunately, although still pushing for it, I haven't been able to secure anything yet :(. Believe me, I want this to happen as much as you do!

As for credit vs straight price discount, the answer is that we're simply testing both models to see what customers prefer (as a function of voting with their wallets).

We look at a couple of things:

1. What tactic sells more pre-orders
2. What people use the credit on when we give it to them

Right now price discounts are winning. We're going to continue to test though.

[quote name='LagFest']Hey Tony D, when is The Witcher 2 going on sale again?
The Enhanced Edition is coming soon and there's no sign of a Steam sale, so no-DRM is the answer :)

Thanks a lot, I hope we get it![/QUOTE]

We aren't currently distributing The Witcher or The Witcher 2, I will let you know if I have any new information on this :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
As for credit vs straight price discount, the answer is that we're simply testing both models to see what customers prefer (as a function of voting with their wallets).

We look at a couple of things:

1. What tactic sells more pre-orders
2. What people use the credit on when we give it to them

Right now price discounts are winning. We're going to continue to test though.
[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself but I VASTLY prefer direct discounts. I always see the credit stuff as a gamble because you never know if you will have something to buy before it expires. And sometimes the restrictions are worse like the $10 is only for game purchases.

Recently, I would have vastly preferred to preorder ME3 from Amazon via Digital Download, but Newegg had it for slightly less for a retail copy, but with a direct discount so I went with them. I had to wait for the UPS guy rather than being able to play as soon as it unlocked, but other than that I will always choose a direct discount over a credit I can use after purchase.

Just my 2cents :)

[quote name='LurkerLito']I can only speak for myself but I VASTLY prefer direct discounts. I always see the credit stuff as a gamble because you never know if you will have something to buy before it expires. And sometimes the restrictions are worse like the $10 is only for game purchases.

Recently, I would have vastly preferred to preorder ME3 from Amazon via Digital Download, but Newegg had it for slightly less for a retail copy, but with a direct discount so I went with them. I had to wait for the UPS guy rather than being able to play as soon as it unlocked, but other than that I will always choose a direct discount over a credit I can use after purchase.

Just my 2cents :)[/QUOTE]

Im with LurkerLito on this one, so he can speak for me too :p For me as well direct discounts will always win me over than credit because I like the options direct discounts gives me. I don't have to buy game A to get game B for cheap, instead I can just buy game B when it is on sale or game A when is it on sale, to me that is more attractive because I don't usually buy things in bundles much, maybe that is just me but I think that others might not find that appealing as you Tony have found thus far.

Also Tony speaking of discounts :p I see Impulsedriven (a.k.a gamestop digital download service) has put Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines on sale for $14.99. See it here:
http://impulsedriven.com/spacemarine

I think it is a daily deal or weekend or some such can't seem to find when it it expires, any chance on a match for that or beat it? I'd rather give you the cash then gamestop. :D

[quote name='LurkerLito']I can only speak for myself but I VASTLY prefer direct discounts. I always see the credit stuff as a gamble because you never know if you will have something to buy before it expires. And sometimes the restrictions are worse like the $10 is only for game purchases.

Just my 2cents :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='monkeyz']Im with LurkerLito on this one, so he can speak for me too :p For me as well direct discounts will always win me over than credit because I like the options direct discounts gives me. I don't have to buy game A to get game B for cheap, instead I can just buy game B when it is on sale or game A when is it on sale, to me that is more attractive because I don't usually buy things in bundles much, maybe that is just me but I think that others might not find that appealing as you Tony have found thus far.

Also Tony speaking of discounts :p I see Impulsedriven (a.k.a gamestop digital download service) has put Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines on sale for $14.99. See it here:
http://impulsedriven.com/spacemarine

I think it is a daily deal or weekend or some such can't seem to find when it it expires, any chance on a match for that or beat it? I'd rather give you the cash then gamestop. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is helpful.

On Space Marine, we won't be matching $14.99, because we'll have it for $9.99 on Sunday, as part of our Deal of the Week.

[quote name='silentguitar12']Tony... do you happen to know the deals for next week?[/QUOTE]

I do know the deals for next week, I've been setting them up for days :).

I'll update the OP this evening.

Cheers,
Tony

re: credit vs discount

I think for me it would depend on what sort of credit we are talking about here. If it's a really restrictive credit like $5 on another Ubisoft game or one of the list of games Amazon considers top of 2011 and use by X date etc then that's not really something I would be interested in unless I know for sure I am going to be buying another item the qualifies.

However if it's a general Amazon gift card or credit without any sort of restrictions then that I would be interested in. There's so much stuff on Amazon that I almost consider an unrestricted Amazon credit like money basically.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the feedback guys, it is helpful.

On Space Marine, we won't be matching $14.99, because we'll have it for $9.99 on Sunday, as part of our Deal of the Week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well then, I am impressed Tony. I will be buying it on Sunday then from you! :D Thanks so much Tony for the quick response and reveal for the $9.99 Space marine price, I'll be buying it a.s.a.p. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='madnessnewb']Will you be price-matching Steams Trine1&2 sales? :D[/QUOTE]

We don't carry Trine 2. Trine is matched, hamsters running.

Cheers,
Tony

[/QUOTE]
Even better. :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll address Dead Island first, unfortunately, although still pushing for it, I haven't been able to secure anything yet :(. Believe me, I want this to happen as much as you do!
[/QUOTE]
When Dead Island goes on sale [already own that], will Dead Island's Bloodbath DLC and Ryder White DLC go on sale, too?
I'm missing the DI DLC's...

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't carry Trine 2. Trine is matched, hamsters running.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Any chance you guys might eventually get Trine 2?

EDIT 2:

I see Gamersgate has Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Gold Edition, which contains ACR + ALL 3 DLC's.
Does UbiSoft plan on giving you guys also a ACR Gold Edition?

[quote name='MysterD']*also waits to find out what other awesome deals are coming next week....*[/QUOTE]

You guys starting an occupy movement in this thread? I'm in, Occupy the Amazon DD thread. Its a frackin revolution

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You guys starting an occupy movement in this thread? I'm in, Occupy the Amazon DD thread. Its a frackin revolution[/QUOTE]

Sure! :D
But usually Occupy movements are AGAINST something.
I'm so NOT against Amazon DD...I'm so FOR IT!

*gets back in my yellow Amazon DVG Tent*

[quote name='MysterD']Sure! :D
But usually Occupy movements are AGAINST something.
I'm so NOT against Amazon DD...I'm so FOR IT!

*gets back in my yellow Amazon DVG Tent*[/QUOTE]

Yeah we're against high game prices!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah we're against high game prices![/QUOTE]

Then let us occupy the hell outta it!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah we're against high game prices![/QUOTE]

And overpriced DLC's!

I could actually get down w/ Occupy High Game Prices. :p
Amazon DVG does do a good job, for the most part, at bringing LOWER prices compared to many other places.

Hey guys,

Just posted next week's deal of the week (THQ titles) starting on Sunday. I'll be bringing you guys an update on the next Major sale early next week as well :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just posted next week's deal of the week (THQ titles) starting on Sunday. I'll be bringing you guys an update on the next Major sale early next week as well :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wall of Text crits Eyes for 9001, its super effective.
10 bucks for Space Marine sounds nice though

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's hard to read b/c there's SO MUCH DLC there.
Some of THQ's games got so much DLC, it ain't funny.
Might be easier if you separated base games away from DLC....

I think I own too much of the list, in terms of base games [Darksiders, STALKER: SOC, Metro, COH series, etc]...

Space Marine MIGHT be appealing to me...might...

[quote name='MysterD']Wow, that's hard to read b/c there's SO MUCH DLC there.

I think I own too much of the list, in terms of base games [Darksiders, STALKER: SOC, Metro, COH series, etc]...

Space Marine MIGHT be appealing to me...might...[/QUOTE]

No kidding, and I agree it'd better to seperate the DLC from the base games. As it is now, that list is going to drive people away because it's too hard to read.

[quote name='sunghost']No kidding, and I agree it'd better to seperate the DLC from the base games. As it is now, that list is going to drive people away because it's too hard to read.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see ST:TR and Space Marine at top...
Then Warhammer DLC galore...
Then Homefront base game in there...
More DLC's for different games...
Then Darksiders, Metro 2033...

It's ALL so scattered....

[quote name='Meeza']Wall of Text crits Eyes for 9001, its super effective.
10 bucks for Space Marine sounds nice though[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Wow, that's hard to read b/c there's SO MUCH DLC there.

Space Marine MIGHT be appealing to me...might...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']No kidding, and I agree it'd better to seperate the DLC from the base games. As it is now, that list is going to drive people away because it's too hard to read.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']anyone know if company of heroes will activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I see ST:TR and Space Marine at top...
Then Warhammer DLC galore...
Then Homefront base game in there...
More DLC's for different games...
Then Darksiders, Metro 2033...

It's ALL so scattered....[/QUOTE]

Lol sorry guys, noted. I'll separate out now.

Tony, you let the two games

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising - $6.79
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II - $6.79

inside the DLC/DLC packs section.

Just to let you know to change it.

Any news on an Assassin's Creed sale, Tony? You know, since AC3 is the hot topic right now :)
That would be awesome, I can't wait to try Brotherhood and Revelations (Oh and upgrade my AC2, since I have the standard retail version)

[quote name='Eucliwood']Tony, you let the two games

Just to let you know to change it.[/QUOTE]
Right.

DOW 2 = base game.
Chaos Rising = full-blown expansion (to DOW2).

no ME3 :/ I am saddened. Might be time for some space marine and metro though(there are so many dlcs o_O)

[quote name='Larce80']no ME3 :/ I am saddened. Might be time for some space marine and metro though(there are so many dlcs o_O)[/QUOTE]

All the space marine DLC is for multiplayer if that matters to you

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']anyone know if company of heroes will activate on steam?[/QUOTE]
it does not - however apparently if you get one of the 3 (base, valor or opposing) from steam, then the other ones you bought from amazon will show up in steam. this is supposed to be because they all share the same account in relic or some such.

i've bought base and opposing from amazon. not interested in valor, but if it goes for really cheap on steam, i may pick it up and add all of them to my account.

[quote name='Eucliwood']Tony, you let the two games

Just to let you know to change it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Right.

DOW 2 = base game.
Chaos Rising = full-blown expansion (to DOW2).[/QUOTE]

Fixed :)

[quote name='Larce80']no ME3 :/ I am saddened. Might be time for some space marine and metro though(there are so many dlcs o_O)[/QUOTE]

ME3 will happen next week.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Fixed :)

ME3 will happen next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Please say $30 for ME3 Standard Ed; $40 for Collector's Ed. :p

Awesome as always Tony :applause:

Now I think Dragon Age Pack and Shift 2 Unleashed are scheduled for next week ;) :lol:

Edit : just noticed the sale is for 2 weeks, is that right ?!

Definitely gonna pick up a $4.99 RF Armageddon. I'm debating on the $10 Space Marine. It's been cheaper for consoles a couple times; but the PC version is unquestionably superior. It's a great deal, for sure. But I'm afraid it'll just sit in the backlog and the price will go lower before I get to it.

In any case, good deals, Tony!

Someone mentioned a casual game sale as well in April? is that still happening and is there a list or link? The next week deals look great but I already own most of the THQ/Ubi stuff listed.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Been waiting for that price.

When do we go live, Tony?!

Oh, and did you match Steam's Trine 2 sale?

EDIT: Nevermind, you don't even have Trine 2. My bad!

Steam finally got it together on that and put that hide/show DLC checkbox in there. It does help, particularly when you want to browse new releases without seeing a ton of DLC spamming it all up.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Deals Starting 3/30-4/15:

So, the sales will start Sunday 4/1 or Friday 3/30 ?

Thanks.

[quote name='agentghost']is $10 the lowest that Space Marine have dropped down to?

p.s. Space Marine DLC - Dreadnought is missing from the sale list :([/QUOTE]

I bought it some time ago at THQ during some sale, it was €5 then (~$6.67).

First time actually posting after lurking on this thread for ages. (Thanks Tony)

Anyways, what is different about the following 2 packs?

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack - $19.99
Retribution - All DLC Complete Pack - $22.49

Is the first listing not really the complete pack? Or is the DLC just poorly priced so that buying it separately still costs more than buying an entirely new licence?

Thanks.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']First time actually posting after lurking on this thread for ages. (Thanks Tony)

Anyways, what is different about the following 2 packs?

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack - $19.99
Retribution - All DLC Complete Pack - $22.49

Is the first listing not really the complete pack? Or is the DLC just poorly priced so that buying it separately still costs more than buying an entirely new licence?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack is Dawn of War II Gold (the original fame + Chaos Rising) and Retribution, but no DLC at all.

The all DLC Complete pack is probably just DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back