Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
was finally able to get LA Noire to run, but at 800x600 on my radeon 4350, just like gta 4. after researching on the internets, i found out my comodo firewall needed to be uninstalled for the game to work. at first it didn't start at all and then it wouldn't even patch and freeze up so i uninstalled la noire and comodo and now it works...ugh, finally. by the way, i'm downloading my other games fine now without a "connection lost" error. phew

Well I just tried Crysis 2 and it's beautiful, much better than on the 360 especially with the DX11 and high res texture patches.

However, there is a bug that there is no solution for and it hit me - I cannot play multiplayer because the game will not recognize my EA/myCrysis.com login. There are tons of threads there from other people having this problem but there is no fix from EA/Crytek. There is a suggestion under the EA help but it's old/outdated and didn't work for me.

Anyway, I didn't think mulitplyaer was that good so I don't really care but a heads to those who haven't played it before and wanted to try it out - it might not work.

EDIT: Also started downloading GTA IV again and download speeds seem to have improved.

Anyone know if Silverfall download uses Tages drm stuff? Looks like the disk version and even demo do but can't see anything about this download version. Looked like an amusing hack n slash for $2 even without any working multiplayer but I can't support anything that uses Tages after previous experience.

[quote name='Nathrak']Anyone know if Silverfall download uses Tages drm stuff? Looks like the disk version and even demo do but can't see anything about this download version. Looked like an amusing hack n slash for $2 even without any working multiplayer but I can't support anything that uses Tages after previous experience.[/QUOTE]

I've got the exact same question!

[quote name='mentos888']was finally able to get LA Noire to run, but at 800x600 on my radeon 4350, just like gta 4. after researching on the internets, i found out my comodo firewall needed to be uninstalled for the game to work. at first it didn't start at all and then it wouldn't even patch and freeze up so i uninstalled la noire and comodo and now it works...ugh, finally. by the way, i'm downloading my other games fine now without a "connection lost" error. phew[/QUOTE]

why don't you disable and enable the firewall? would it work or u need to uninstall the firewall completely? Seem kinda suck to remove your firewall/internet security suite in order to run 1 single game :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
So again, is STALKER worth the $5 now or should I wait for a Steam sale/cheaper price? I've never played a STALKER game, should I start with a different one?

Thanks folks.

On a side note, has anyone had trouble with L.A. Noire? My patch will fail and then I'm stuck at the title screen and have to alt+F4 out of it. It seems to be a widespread problem on google and Rockstar's "solution" doesn't help.

[quote name='Yamato']So again, is STALKER worth the $5 now or should I wait for a Steam sale/cheaper price? I've never played a STALKER game, should I start with a different one?

Thanks folks.

On a side note, has anyone had trouble with L.A. Noire? My patch will fail and then I'm stuck at the title screen and have to alt+F4 out of it. It seems to be a widespread problem on google and Rockstar's "solution" doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

I've paid five bucks for it and do not regret it. If you are going to play it right away I say go for it and the first one is considered the best one.

Now if it is just going to the backlog, then I think steam had the Stalker 2 pack for 5 bucks at one point, but you will like need to wait til the next major sale or the christmas sale.

[quote name='Yamato']So again, is STALKER worth the $5 now or should I wait for a Steam sale/cheaper price? I've never played a STALKER game, should I start with a different one?

Thanks folks.

On a side note, has anyone had trouble with L.A. Noire? My patch will fail and then I'm stuck at the title screen and have to alt+F4 out of it. It seems to be a widespread problem on google and Rockstar's "solution" doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've paid five bucks for it and do not regret it. If you are going to play it right away I say go for it and the first one is considered the best one.

Now if it is just going to the backlog, then I think steam had the Stalker 2 pack for 5 bucks at one point, but you will like need to wait til the next major sale or the christmas sale.[/QUOTE]

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is a good game, but it is dated. I paid $4 for it and thought it was worth it [if you do buy it, get the STALKER Complete mod to modernize the textures; google it].

As for STEAM, they had the STALKER bundle [Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat] for $8, during the Halloween sale. [which is what I bought]

[quote name='Chariblaze']Are the 301 casual game always $3, or is it definitely a sale?[/QUOTE]

I think the normal price for most of the casual games is near $10; so your looking at 70% off.

if youre reading this tony, thank you so much for everything you did to make these deals work. ive managed to get 5 friends to buy the M&B bundle, and the CRPG mod has never been more fun because of that.

[quote name='avwjase']Will Warband ever be coming back online? I really want to buy it but it is still unavailable. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm still showing the "Steam required for activation" messaging on the product page. I've re-escalated the ticket to see why this won't come off the page. I originally thought the ETA was this morning at the latest so I'm hesitant to toss out another time.

Sorry again on this, I'll let you know as soon as we have resolution.

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony

I think you missed a post of mine...

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony

GameStop has Venetica PC retail box for $5.
I'm not asking for price-match b/c I know you don't match retail box deals...

But, do you guys carry this Venetica PC game at Amazon DVG downloads?
I can't seem to find you guys at ADVG having this...[/QUOTE]

Also, do you guys have a deal w/ Atari's published games for PC downloads at ADVG?
[That's who published Venetica PC at Retail here]

I think you missed a post of mine...

Also, do you guys have a deal w/ Atari's published games for PC downloads at ADVG?
[That's who published Venetica PC at Retail here][/QUOTE]

Hey there!

I know we're not currently carrying that title. We do distribute Atari's games, but sometimes they are the distributor/publisher for the packaged good version of PC games but not the Digital Download. I think this is the case here. I'll check into it though, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there!

I know we're not currently carrying that title. We do distribute Atari's games, but sometimes they are the distributor/publisher for the packaged good version of PC games but not the Digital Download. I think this is the case here. I'll check into it though, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
@TONY
Venetica PC is a hard-to-find title in the USA.
Not many digital game downloads sites are selling it [for some reason]. I don't see it on Steam, Gamersgate, Gamefly, GameStop PC App, or even you guys at ADVG.
Something could be up w/ that title...hmmm...
Would be nice if you could convince Atari to get a DRM-FREE PC digital download version of that game [and more Atari games] over to you guys on Amazon DVG Downloads. ;)

[quote name='Chariblaze']Are the 301 casual game always $3, or is it definitely a sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think the normal price for most of the casual games is near $10; so your looking at 70% off.[/QUOTE]

This is accurate UW_Shocks, these games are anywhere from 70-85% off.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']if youre reading this tony, thank you so much for everything you did to make these deals work. ive managed to get 5 friends to buy the M&B bundle, and the CRPG mod has never been more fun because of that.[/QUOTE]

Hey you're welcome man, what is the CRPG mod?

[quote name='inm8num2']Oooh if Gray Matter goes below $5 I'll just have to bite![/QUOTE]

Working on it :).

Cheers,
Tony

Don't worry TOO much about Venetica PC.
One of my nearby GameStop's have it.
I'm getting it.[/QUOTE]

I tried it awhile back. It seems like a decent euro-action adventure game. pretty polished for a budget title. Would be nice if someone carried it digitally.

[quote name='lidl']Any word on the DRM on 'The Saboteur' ? I don't like online activations and haven't got Origin installed.[/QUOTE]

Online Activations are a moot point, given our key replacement policy (see OP) :).

As for Origin, it is optional but not required for The Saboteur.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Online Activations are a moot point, given our key replacement policy (see OP) :).

As for Origin, it is optional but not required for The Saboteur.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi T-Money, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn't really answer my question. Can I just d/l the game from amazon, stick the file on a USB-Stick and install it on an offline PC ?

Man, I'm going back and forth on L.A. Noire. I won't play it for a while (until a hardware upgrade) but I doubt it will go below $5. If the game doesn't play at all, which doesn't sound like Amazon's fault, it'd be a waste.

Tony, I'm having problems major with the Amazon Downloader. Can you help me out or would Amazon's customer service be able to help?

Man I will be all over Gray Matter if amazon can knock the price below $5. Looks like an amazing game to play hopefully Tony can work some of his magic. ;)

[quote name='lidl']Hi T-Money, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn't really answer my question. Can I just d/l the game from amazon, stick the file on a USB-Stick and install it on an offline PC ?[/QUOTE]

Ah my bad, didn't understand the question. I've sent an email off to the OPS team to what the DRM solution is. will let you know when I hear back.

[quote name='ev768']Tony, are you guys planning on putting Just Cause 2 on sale for $2.49 again anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

I've sent an email about this as well, stay tuned.

[quote name='pantsattack']Man, I'm going back and forth on L.A. Noire. I won't play it for a while (until a hardware upgrade) but I doubt it will go below $5. If the game doesn't play at all, which doesn't sound like Amazon's fault, it'd be a waste.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that we've sold through thousands of copies in the past couple of days and we aren't seeing returns or high contacts. It sounds like the issues are localized, that being said, I'm collecting information and passing it along to QA/engineering to make sure nothing is up.

I also just bought the game myself and am downloading it on my personal PC to confirm.

Stay tuned.

[quote name='tjs09']Tony, I'm having problems major with the Amazon Downloader. Can you help me out or would Amazon's customer service be able to help?[/QUOTE]

Can you give me more detail? Either in PM or here in thread? What issues are you having, and for what games?

**EDIT** and yes, I'd also reach out to CS as they have people trained to deal with tech issues, whereas I'm just a geek who has done some personal troublshooting in the past but am not trained on it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can you give me more detail? Either in PM or here in thread? What issues are you having, and for what games?

**EDIT** and yes, I'd also reach out to CS as they have people trained to deal with tech issues, whereas I'm just a geek who has done some personal troublshooting in the past but am not trained on it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

After two days of downloading, I can't install MLB2k12 because of a corrupt .cab file

After calling Amazon CS they gave me three options

• Trash it and start over :hot:
  • Get a refund :cry:
  • Contact Take-Two :drool:

Tony thanks for everything. I picked up several so far. I may have missed this but was Alan Wake available for 10 and I missed it while browsing? Will it be coming back down to that price any time soon?

[quote name='Smite']Tony thanks for everything. I picked up several so far. I may have missed this but was Alan Wake available for 10 and I missed it while browsing? Will it be coming back down to that price any time soon?[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake was pricematched at $20.

tony is there any chance to see a discount for Might & Magic ® Heroes ® VI ? i wanted to buy it for my birthday.

[quote name='tjs09']After two days of downloading, I can't install MLB2k12 because of a corrupt .cab file

After calling Amazon CS they gave me three options

• Trash it and start over :hot:
  • Get a refund :cry:
  • Contact Take-Two :drool:
[/QUOTE]

:( I have no idea what would cause that. I also don't know what you could do to fix it either, given that you already have the binaries. I hate to tell you to re-download it but that sounds like it might be your only option :(.

Sorry man, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Cheers,
Tony

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Avadon: The Black Fortress activates on steam?

yes, Metro 2033 works with a controller

(i just plugged in my xbox controller and it worked perfectly without messing with any settings)

[quote name='Barkwhip']Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Avadon: The Black Fortress activates on steam?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, unless they changed it recently. I ordered it in December and didn't get a key.

[quote name='Barkwhip']Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Avadon: The Black Fortress activates on steam?[/QUOTE]
NO.
Amazon DVG's version of Avadon: The Black Fortress is DRM-FREE, actually.
It doesn't come w/ a key or anything.
Speaking from experience here.

[quote name='The Nephilim']I tried it awhile back. It seems like a decent euro-action adventure game. pretty polished for a budget title. Would be nice if someone carried it digitally.[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of Venetica PC (DVD-ROM Retail Box) from GameStop. :D

There's actually NO DRM on it. :D
It doesn't need to be in drive to boot/run the game.
There was no online activation, disc check, or anything.
Just needed it for install.

Yeah, would be cool if ADVG had copies of it - in case people missed out on it.
Especially since many retail and digital places ain't selling it, either.
I wonder if digital version wound up somewhere in publishing Hell - i.e. kind of like what happened w/ Sacred 2: Ice & Blood expansion.

Hey Tony. I bought Airport Mania for some good mindless fun and i keep getting an error that says "AirportMania.RWG has stopped working"

I've re-downloaded the game, re-installed the game, rebooted, everything i can think of.

Do you know what the deal with this is?

Airport Mania 2 works fine.

Thanks

[quote name='MSUHitman']So does the $5 LA Noire have the extra cases or is it vanilla copy? Also will the PC version work w/ XBox controller?[/QUOTE]

It is a vanilla copy and the 360 controller works fine with it. I've read in multiple places that the DLC isn't worth it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is accurate UW_Shocks, these games are anywhere from 70-85% off.

Hey you're welcome man, what is the CRPG mod?

Working on it :).
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

100v100 rpg mod for warband. you create a character who gets persistent stats, abilities and weapons.

[quote name='Hop25']It is a vanilla copy and the 360 controller works fine with it. I've read in multiple places that the DLC isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]
Ooooooh, shoite! I thought that Rockstar only released the "Complete Edition" for PC users. (After all, that was the only version advertised when it was announced and launched. [Source])

I was on the fence before, but now I'm bailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back